This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dobby View Post
    Failing to see what's wrong with that hit PSV m8. Brilliant hit imo. And I would expect Crowley to make the same hit if the roles were reversed.
    Not a brilliant hit but not scum, looks to me like he went for shoulder to shoulder and got it wrong, a foul but not scum.
    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
      across the line my hole.
      Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
        Not a brilliant hit but not scum, looks to me like he went for shoulder to shoulder and got it wrong, a foul but not scum.
        Fair enough. Scum defo too strong. I make the same hit myself in a game and would expect any Kerry player to make the same hit. It lined up perfectly.

Comment

Failing to see what's wrong with that hit PSV m8. Brilliant hit imo. And I would expect Crowley to make the same hit if the roles were reversed.
          Seriously??. Look at the dub player and the way he charged in. Was only to have one outcome. That is is a nailed on free at the least.
          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
            Seriously??. Look at the dub player and the way he charged in. Was only to have one outcome. That is is a nailed on free at the least.
            Definitely a free, but only he knows was it intentional to take him out as he did.
            airport, lol

Comment

Dobby, Careca and Keane (when he finds out the score he probably won't come out of that desert) - hell of a game. I thought you had us beat. If you didn't stop pressing the kickout I think you would have beaten us. I didn't understand that at all. It's obviously exhausting to do but you had Cluxton rattled.

That's the most tense game I've ever been to. Exhausted but it was brilliant.

Did the TV show Killian Young thumping Connolly? It looked awful from where we were but since the O'Gara slap I'm not willing to jump to conclusions. Thought the ref made some awful decisions for both teams but was consistent in his awfulness. Made both teams take kick outs even when players were down injured which was nice, even if it did lead to Kerry's first goal.

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
              Dublin fans are like Brits cheering on their gold medallists while ignoring the colossal amount of money bring fired at them,playing all the their games at home and getting 12 mill for their own "national " training centre . Professional team taking on amateurs and semi pros.
              Cmon Mayo,at least deny them retaining,even though not having done so recently is an embarrassment considering their financial doping
              I got a load of stick for being all happy chappy "let's all be friends" and bleating on about the spirit of the game. But in your case I would drink your bitter tears with gusto and sing Molly Malone until I was hoarse as I did so.
              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Lol.

That particular picture proves nothing, except perhaps that the umpire probably couldn't really see the ball.

Comment

Maybe I'm just a dirty bastard on the pitch, I know I've a bit of a reputation, but I can't see anything blatantly wrong. Of course he's going to nail him, it's the final minutes of a semi. He may have mis timed it but that's a good hit imo.
                  Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                  That particular picture proves nothing, except perhaps that the umpire probably couldn't really see the ball.

Comment

It was definitely over the line. I was on the Hill among some of the most cliched drooling Dublin fanboys and at half time there was barely a man up there who thought it wasn't a goal. Looked one in real time too. I don't know what the controversy is about. Philly was lucky not to get a harsher punishment for abusing an official for remonstrating afterwards.

Comment

Maybe I'm just a dirty bastard on the pitch, I know I've a bit of a reputation, but I can't see anything blatantly wrong. Of course he's going to nail him, it's the final minutes of a semi. I may have mis timed it but that's a good bit imo.

This. there were ferocious hits going in all day. Philly McMahon got leveled with a hit to the head that was unintentional and just a little mis-timed near the start of the second half I think and the ref said play on. He got up and got on with it, same as Crowley did (I think, I don't recall him giving out but the play had moved on)

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                        It was definitely over the line. I was on the Hill among some of the most cliched drooling Dublin fanboys and at half time there was barely a man up there who thought it wasn't a goal. Looked one in real time too. I don't know what the controversy is about. Philly was lucky not to get a harsher punishment for abusing an official for remonstrating afterwards.
                        Oh I think it was over the line too, but that picture from behind the goals proves nothing about it at all. Dobby can use all the smilies he likes but it doesn't.

That tackle too wasn't legal, certainly not shoulder to shoulder. There were a couple that weren't punished like that in the second half.

Comment

Oh I think it was over the line too, but that picture from behind the goals proves nothing about it at all. Dobby can use all the smilies he likes but it doesn't.

That tackle too wasn't legal, certainly not shoulder to shoulder. There were a couple that weren't punished like that in the second half.
                          Oh yeah the pic is inconclusive. But to be fair to the ump he was absolutely unequivocal. Had the flag up in a shot.

I personally thought the shoulder was fine (I would) but as long as he refs the hits the same both ways, and I think he did, (I would) then it's fine by me. Personally think it's a brilliant hit at a vital moment but I 100% accept I am biased in that view.

Comment

This. there were ferocious hits going in all day. Philly McMahon got leveled with a hit to the head that was unintentional and just a little mis-timed near the start of the second half I think and the ref said play on. He got up and got on with it, same as Crowley did (I think, I don't recall him giving out but the play had moved on)
                            And Geaney from COS in the first half. Ball played in and it bounced low. Geaney bent down and COS came out and cleaned out man and ball. Good challenge but left Geaney down after a hit to the head. He didn't complain either. Neither did Darran after the late hit when he got the goal. It's a man's game. Get on with it. That game wasn't won or lost on that hit alone.

On another note. This is probably the first time I'm looking forwsrd to the Sunday game after a Kerry loss. What a fucking game.

Comment

You said first it wasn't over the line and now you say it was

Dublin got lucky there. ref blew very late.

Edit: What? The goal stands? Odd series of events.
                              Hmmm. Need to make up your mind here m8

Comment

And Geaney from COS in the first half. Ball played in and it bounced low. Geaney bent down and COS came out and cleaned out man and ball. Good challenge but left Geaney down after a hit to the head. He didn't complain either. Neither did Darran after the late hit when he got the goal. It's a man's game. Get on with it. That game wasn't won or lost on that hit alone.

On another note. This is probably the first time I'm looking forwsrd to the Sunday game after a Kerry loss. What a fucking game.
                                That hit on Geaney was fucking bone rattling.

By the by, Cooper v Cooper was a fucking joy to watch in the first half. I hate that I like Gooch so much. But he is just so so good and Johnny did well to give him as hard a time as he did. But you're only ever gonna play to keep Gooch down to a few points and limited string pulling. You can't shut him out.

Comment

Dublin are great, trying to explain to a Saafend fc supporter what this means is unreal. I am very drunk , he has a friend on boookface from Mayo ,

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                    Dublin are great, trying to explain to a Saafend fc supporter what this means is unreal. I am very drunk , he has a friend on boookface from Mayo ,
                                    We're all Mayo fans now m8

Comment

Watching that would make [me anyway] proud that that's one of our National Sports.

Loved the way Kerry played, loved the way Dublin played just that bit better. Will stick in the memory.

Comment

That hit on Geaney was fucking bone rattling.

By the by, Cooper v Cooper was a fucking joy to watch in the first half. I hate that I like Gooch so much. But he is just so so good and Johnny did well to give him as hard a time as he did. But you're only ever gonna play to keep Gooch down to a few points and limited string pulling. You can't shut him out.
                                        Yeah it was heavy. Ball won. Get on with it.

Gooch no words needed really

Comment

[VINE]5egtK2BUOzJ[/VINE]
                                          Scum

this is the hit on Philly. Play on lads

Comment

The second is not great either, but it was a lose 50/50 ball to be won, the 1st was under the control of a player, the charge was not to contest the ball but to knock it lose and to stop a chance.

And cop on with the man up crap, it is a dangerous tackle, if you say you so that at least once a game, I expect you get carded a lot.
                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

But hey, we are all armchairs warriors.

But as you expect from a Dublin v Kerry game, it was great game and a joy to watch. I happily watch Dublin v Kerry every year as it has a bit of a derby feel to it.

See you next year lads

Comment

The second is not great either, but it was a lose 50/50 ball to be won, the 1st was under the control of a player, the charge was not to contest the ball but to knock it lose and to stop a chance.

And cop on with the man up crap, it is a dangerous tackle, if you say you so that at least once a game, I expect you get carded a lot
                                                Do you know my brother by any chance?? This describe a him perfectly. He finished last season with one goal and two red cards. Countless yellows lol
                                                But hey, we are all armchairs warriors.

But as you expect from a Dublin v Kerry game, it was great game and a joy to watch. I happily watch Dublin v Kerry every year as it has a bit of a derby feel to it.

See you next year lads
                                                Nail on head

Comment

Is it in the rules that you can't run across someone who doesn't have the ball? It looks like a big conclsion but when the Dub doesn't have the ball, and never does, then I don't see how it can be called a free. Is the Kerry player just meant to stop/slow down and let the Dublin player get the ball?

Comment

Thought the ref had an outstanding game. Both sides hit hard and got their fair share of marginal calls but he did not disrupt the tempo of the game. A good ref will know when to let them have at it imo.

Following on from PSVs point you would have to say this Dublin team have underachieved. They are the so far ahead of the rest that it is almost embarrassing. An absolute joy to watch when in full flight but they should be going for 4 or 5 in a row. Simple as. The Situations pt re k/o format does not hold up in Gaelic football imo. If Kerry had Dublins squad they would have won more. It is a mentality issue but when they retain it this year, which they will, I could see them rattling off any number in succession.

Comment

I saw that in real time. How the hell is that not a free? He goes on with the intention of taking out the player. Should have been a card.
                                                      fair hit imho

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                        Is it in the rules that you can't run across someone who doesn't have the ball? It looks like a big conclsion but when the Dub doesn't have the ball, and never does, then I don't see how it can be called a free. Is the Kerry player just meant to stop/slow down and let the Dublin player get the ball?
                                                        He's trying to hit the man at the exact moment the Dub (Philly McMahon) touches the ball. Thus dislodging the ball and regaining possession. He sees that Philly has his eyes on the ball and doesn't see him coming so he lines him up. Absolutely fair, if dangerous. He times it wrong and it could have been a free another day. As it happened he let those go both ways so I've no issue with it. I'd say if you asked Crowley and Philly they'd both tell you that if the roles had been reversed they'd both have leveled their opponent.

It's not "man up" or anything of the sort. They both went in fair and hard. It's a fraction of a second between perfect hit and yellow card but that's what happens in top level sport. It's a risk to try and level someone like that but if it comes off its a momentum shifter and it's a big part of the game as a whole

Comment

Deal with it, Haters. #dublinsupremacy
                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Mayo are going to get nutted,at least I can enjoy their tears I suppose

Comment

If Dublin played at 20 per cent Mayo would bottle it anyway. The All Ireland final was played today.

Comment

Should be a cakewalk for Dublin in fairness, but sometimes when you win a big game like the one today, it would be easy to get in the wrong mindset and think you already have it in the bag. The dub players are going hear a lot of "sure, mayo will fold as they always do" crap in the next few weeks, and when you hear that a lot, it will be hard to keep the mental focus necessary.

Still I just hope it will be a good game. The kerryman in me will be rooting for mayo as who doesn't like an underdog.

Comment

Put these words together to form a sentence
                                                                  Sick fucking I'm as parrot a as

Sorry Horatio only saw post there. Would have taken you up on bet.

At least my hangover is gone.. until tomorrow anyway

Comment

I am so drunk, but Dublin in my opinion were outstanding. Cluxton almost fucked ir up but they never panicked. I will sort u for a hilll ticket Kayroo. Dice go wash your self in fiftys , mc caffrey and O'carroll back next year, great bet.

Comment

Should be a cakewalk for Dublin in fairness, but sometimes when you win a big game like the one today, it would be easy to get in the wrong mindset and think you already have it in the bag. The dub players are going hear a lot of "sure, mayo will fold as they always do" crap in the next few weeks, and when you hear that a lot, it will be hard to keep the mental focus necessary.

Still I just hope it will be a good game. The kerryman in me will be rooting for mayo as who doesn't like an underdog.
                                                                      you just watched a match where dublin went into the halftime break rocked by 10 minutes of football they hadn't seen all season, get themselvwes together and come back out and kick 4 points unanswered, then another two to level the match, then another two to level the match again, and then two to win it, including two pressure kicks from Philly McMahon and Diarmuid connolly (who did a great job not reacting to Kerry players goading all match).

there isn't a chance they will treat an all Ireland final with complacency.

Comment

You said first it wasn't over the line and now you say it was

Hmmm. Need to make up your mind here m8
                                                                        You need to go to reading comprehension classes. I never said it wasn't over the line.

I posted the first bit when it looked like the ref had disallowed it for something that I hadn't seen, and the commentators thought it had been disallowed as well. Then when it turned out it was given I was confused as to why it looked like the ref had disallowed it in the first place but then given it, when in actual fact he was booking the Dublin player rather than disallowing anything. Why did you think I said that Dublin got lucky, and then in an edit said that it was given but I was confused? How could that be interpreted as thinking it hadn't crossed the line?

I didn't see an angle that showed it was over the line, and your picture didn't show that either, no matter how many lols and smilies that you use, but the umpire who was in line seemed very sure, despite your picture making it seem like he couldn't see it, but he obviously could.

Catch up m8.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                          you just watched a match where dublin went into the halftime break rocked by 10 minutes of football they hadn't seen all season, get themselvwes together and come back out and kick 4 points unanswered, then another two to level the match, then another two to level the match again, and then two to win it, including two pressure kicks from Philly McMahon and Diarmuid connolly (who did a great job not reacting to Kerry players goading all match).

there isn't a chance they will treat an all Ireland final with complacency.
                                                                          Stop. Seriously.

Careca checking out.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                            Stop. Seriously.

Careca checking out.
                                                                            One Kerry player was booked for literally trying to drag the shirt off his back off the ball.

Look, Every team does it and he usually reacts to it. He didn't today.

Comment

Comment

...
                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

hardback books are a complete swizz.

Comment

I know I am biased but does anyone seriously think Kerry were better team

Comment

Should be an easy win for Mayo.

Comment

Mental that sales of less than 2000 gets you #1 spot in a country of 65M.
                                                                                        Just checked and theres 1400 WH Smith stores alone, so each might sell one copy in a week.
                                                                                        Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 28-08-16, 19:41.

Comment

Lad just walked into the Chinese and said 'portion a chicken balls please, well done'.

Huh?
                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Fried haaaaaard as shit.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                              Fried haaaaaard as shit.
                                                                                              Fugees?

Ha

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                New eps of Are You Being Served & Porridge on BBC1 tonight - I'm expecting them to be terrible so maybe will be pleasantly surprised.
                                                                                                Wowzers. Several pussy jokes. What a pointless exercise.
                                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                  What a time to be alive!

"YouTube star" and cunt are pretty much interchangeable at this stage. Had a fuck through this book in seasons once,apparently it was a huge success ,content free crossover between 2 YouTube stars

Having kids who are into stuff like that must be quite a test

Comment

Oh man,this is pretty special

Donegal GAA star Eamon McGee has revealed how he got rival player Diarmuid Connolly’s phone number and abused him regularly while out on the town.

The Gaoth Dobhair star admitted he would call the Dublin star’s mobile phone and shout abuse down the phone at him during the height of their rivalry.

Now recently-retired McGee admitted “I don’t think Diarmuid has much time for me now. He thinks I’m an asshole.”

Comment

Mayo have as much chance of winning as the missus has of getting the ride tonight

Comment

Urgh... Packing up is the nut worst (flying home tomorrow). It is amazing how much crap one can compile in two years. Taking a break from it now lounging by the pool and reflecting on the last two years. Been an amazing adventure, with oh so many highs. Will never forget cruising down highway 1 in a convertible and so many fantastic sights and experiences. I know I mentioned a lot of them over the past couple years in various posts.

Really looking forward to Australia. I am not planning on saving much money (i cringe in terror when I read the posts about pension plans by v for v) as plan to visit new zealand, and a lot of south eastern Asian countries over the next couple of years. I know it will be brilliant.

Comment

I am so drunk, but Dublin in my opinion were outstanding. Cluxton almost fucked ir up but they never panicked. I will sort u for a hilll ticket Kayroo. Dice go wash your self in fiftys , mc caffrey and O'carroll back next year, great bet.
                                                                                                          I'm gonna end up having to call my first born after you if you keep coming through for final tickets pal!

Usual scramble starts now. Mayo are hoovers for tickets too.

I thought Dublin were magnificent today. Wobbled a bit but just kept going until the win was there. Also Kerry are a great team but a large part of that is down to Fitzmaurice if you ask me. He has them at a peak. Those minor teams coming behind will swell the ranks with the reinforcements he needs

Comment

Urgh... Packing up is the nut worst (flying home tomorrow). It is amazing how much crap one can compile in two years. Taking a break from it now lounging by the pool and reflecting on the last two years. Been an amazing adventure, with oh so many highs. Will never forget cruising down highway 1 in a convertible and so many fantastic sights and experiences. I know I mentioned a lot of them over the past couple years in various posts.

Really looking forward to Australia. I am not planning on saving much money (i cringe in terror when I read the posts about pension plans by v for v) as plan to visit new zealand, and a lot of south eastern Asian countries over the next couple of years. I know it will be brilliant.
                                                                                                            If money is low consider a work visa in NZ. It's really easy to find work, much more then Aus. Once Australia changes their tax laws next year I imagine a lot more people will be hitting NZ.

Comment

Testify.

I was/am the same. Easy to say now, but I don't think Ill ever regret spending money on seeing a new place or experiencing something new rather than save it.

Maybe I'll change tack in a couple years... maybe.
                                                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                                                                                If money is low consider a work visa in NZ. It's really easy to find work, much more then Aus. Once Australia changes their tax laws next year I imagine a lot more people will be hitting NZ.
                                                                                                                Ah, it's will be fine, I have a position there within my company that I work for that have offices in sydney, LA and Dublin. So I didn't have to do much to get a position there thankfully, just an interview back in June.

Comment

Quick quiz:

A liquid starter / American band lead by Michael stipe / first part of Aussie rock band ( not dc)

Calling zod
                                                                                                                  Soup/Rem/AC in case u were wondering. COYBIB

Comment

I thought a crucial turning point in the game was when McManamon made such a complete shambles of an effort to pass the the ball over the posts that he was able to con the ref into overturning the 100% clear wide into a 45 that was turned into a crucial score.
                                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Is Fitzmaurice a tactical genius or wa

Comment

Shitstorm in the US over 49ers QB refusing to stand for national anthem due to state oppression

Love the dog who walks into frame around 25 sec,has a look at what's going on and says fuck this shit I'm out of here
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 28-08-16, 21:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                          Lad just walked into the Chinese and said 'portion a chicken balls please, well done'.

Huh?
                                                                                                                          Maybe he was just giving the chef a pat in the back in advance

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X