• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy festivus to one and all.

Let the boozing begin.
    This too shall pass.

Comment

Very hungover Xmas to be spent with the outlaws (thanks MrsF) today. Dinner at 1.30!! Evil sorcery imo. Cracking night last night though so makes it kinda worth it, almost.

Comment

Happy day IPB.

Hope your presents are what ye wanted, or at least, what ye can be satisfied with.

Felicitious Salitudes of this fine season.

Comment

Load of apps currently free through Amazon.

The online retailer is giving away 40 apps from the Amazon Appstore over the festive period worth up to £150

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
            What's the point having a santa effort for a kid under 18 monthe, seriously? Not bah humbug on my point, just pointless surely? You might as well have Santy arrive for a dog for all the compression they have.
            What Riggs said. More for us than for her this year. And for the pics.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Happy Christmas everyone!!

Hope CHD feels better too.
                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Happy everything everyone.
                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                    I've always had difficulty remembering peoples names.

Still pissed at receiving a christmas card from my next door neighbour, addressed to my dead brother Tom. Any suggestions on a socially acceptable way to correct this misinformation?
                    Let the card slide, not worth the hassle but if they call you Tom...

I found being direct the best approach when something similar happened to me years ago

Next door neighbour, same age, good mate, similar name, died in an accident

People used to mix up our names and neither of us really cared

After he died it was a right fucking pain

So whenever someone called me by it, id just say "wrong one" in a low monotone voice

What?

Wrong one!

They would cop and apologise, at which point i would smile and say don't worry about it

Bit awkward the time it happened in-front of his brother or his best mate though!

*In a few weeks work your name into conversation with him to sort it out
                    Package might come etc
                    Last edited by Guest; 25-12-14, 14:46.

Comment

Happy crimbo cunts
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

I don't post much here but I do get my daily entertainment from the bbv so just saying Happy Christmas to everyone here.
                        Hope yous all have a great day.
                        Also come back CHD.

Comment

...my brother got the Gear VR....it's a headset you stick on your head and its like being in a cinema...Its so fucking realistic...it's a brand new thing only out in usa since last week...it's the greatest thing ever it is going to make tv shite...I was convinced a shark was beside me..you can watch a film and it bases you in a cinema..the screen is huge in front of you. And you can actually see other people in the cinema as well...unbelievable...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                            ...my brother got the Gear VR....it's a headset you stick on your head and its like being in a cinema...Its so fucking realistic...it's a brand new thing only out in usa since last week...it's the greatest thing ever it is going to make tv shite...I was convinced a shark was beside me..you can watch a film and it bases you in a cinema..the screen is huge in front of you. And you can actually see other people in the cinema as well...unbelievable...
                            This sounds like the thing I was enquiring about a while back. Colm wanted one but the bbv put me off lol
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

Happy Christmas folks hope it's been a good one, catch you all on the flipside
                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Flying out to the shtates from T2 tomorrow, flight at 10.50 am so get there 3 hours before or is that excessive? Worth using airport genie? Presume it will be manic?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                  Flying out to the shtates from T2 tomorrow, flight at 10.50 am so get there 3 hours before or is that excessive? Worth using airport genie? Presume it will be manic?
                                  Get there 3 hours beforehand, yep. No need to use the airport genie unless you plan on being late. US immigration will be your biggest queue anyhow and airport genie doesn't help there. It may be different on Dec 26th, but the above applies to normal days anyhow. I have no idea how busy or otherwise the airport will be tomorrow but better safe than sorry for the sake of an hour.

Comment

Happy Christmas one and all. Hasn't been a great year personally but today made me realise how lucky I am.
                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Airport genie is gonzo. Same service available called something else. Platinum club or something
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Also tomorrow won't be busy tomorrow, no busier than a regular winters day. Automated passport control in us customs is there now so if you have been to US in Last few years, 8 I think, on same passport you can use that. Either way won't be mad busy.
                                        airport, lol

Comment

Cheers lads, I assume you still have to lube up if you want breakfast?

Comment

Hate this time of the evening, so boring . Id say ill be in bed for 9 pm . Pub then tomorrow for 1 pm to back horses and get sloshed!
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Dinner over followed by a snooze and off to a house/family party where I can say with some confidence that any post made later (much later) will be wrote by my alter ego.

Hope you all had a happy/better/hopeful/thankful Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                Hate this time of the evening, so boring . Id say ill be in bed for 9 pm . Pub then tomorrow for 1 pm to back horses and get sloshed!
                                                Couple of decent films available for download, 'Pride' in particular is very good. Both funny and heart warming in equal measure. Perfect Xmas day movie.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                  Couple of decent films available for download, 'Pride' in particular is very good. Both funny and heart warming in equal measure. Perfect Xmas day movie.

Opr
                                                  we watched pride last night , very good. and a true story!
                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                    Cheers lads, I assume you still have to lube up if you want breakfast?
                                                    No, lube up is for sex, for breakfast maybe wash up or rock up or . . .

Comment

Who is your favourite impractical joker?

Mine is the dude in the blue.
                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

very quite here.... im off to bed. happy xmas love each and every nearly one of you the same xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                          Who is your favourite impractical joker?

Mine is the dude in the blue.
                                                          Missus likes sal, I'm a fan of the slovenly guy
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Havin a bit of craic till the usual inlaw produced the guitar. Sigh. Bedtime. Happy Christmas all.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                              Havin a bit of craic till the usual inlaw produced the guitar. Sigh. Bedtime. Happy Christmas all.
                                                              Karaoke is king at xmas. Fuck that real music shit. Local boozer had Karaoke from 6pm, place hoppin', good time had by all.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                Missus likes sal, I'm a fan of the slovenly guy
                                                                not sure if serious, which one is the slovenly one.

Comment

I need 1000 subscribers to start getting paid on this again. Can you do me a favor and subscribe?I promise I don't post much.

Comment

Not long now till Christmas.
                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Santa, the feckless bollox, bought the young fella a Skylanders Trap Team game that apparently works on Android 4.4+. Seeing this, the addled old fool delivered it to our house, no doubt blindly assuming that it would work on our Nexus 10. Alas, it is not on the list of supported devices. Is there any smart way to get this working, save Christmas and earn yourself my undying gratitude?

Ty
                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                          Santa, the feckless bollox, bought the young fella a Skylanders Trap Team game that apparently works on Android 4.4+. Seeing this, the addled old fool delivered it to our house, no doubt blindly assuming that it would work on our Nexus 10. Alas, it is not on the list of supported devices. Is there any smart way to get this working, save Christmas and earn yourself my undying gratitude?

Ty
                                                                          So you tried to download the app from the play store?
                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                            So you tried to download the app from the play store?
                                                                            yes, 'not compatible with the device'

just wondering was there a smart way around it
                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

...

Comment

Ty
                                                                                Probably not what you want to hear. Go buy a new Android 4.4+ device.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                  I've asked this before, but forgot. Where is a good place to get a highly decent suit for <€500 in the sales? Happy to pay the top amount if it's going to be quality.

See theres a few tailorfit ones for around that in Copeland, but think V mentioned somewhere else when I asked before
                                                                                  I don't think you can go wrong with Savoy Taylor or Brooks brothers in Kildare Village.
                                                                                  Got 70% off mine in Brooks brothers from retail price. Closest they have now in the regent fit is this, got it and a shirt for 330e
                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 26-12-14, 10:52.

Comment

RTE has already reported that Santa is arriving around midnight, so that could backfire with the more news-savvy <5 year olds
                                                                                    Our youngest knows all about the ISS after spending a night getting excited about it and would have called my bluff, so didn't bother saying lol.

I have a small communication issue. I'm finally giving my wife her wedding ring tomorrow. But what do I say when I give to her? I'm thinking something short-and-sweet like 'I love you, you should have had this ages ago [cue: doe eyes, earnest anticipation] <- that really is my current thoughts. Is that the best approach?
                                                                                    Oh sugar rush.

Merry Christmas all.

wow, diamonds and white gold is a hearty mix. If the kid wasn't here, I get the feeling I'd be invaded like Ukraine right now but in a, you know, sexual way

Get better soon CHD
                                                                                    So you gave her first thing? tell us the details of where, when and what her reaction was

Ty
                                                                                    Santa made the same mistake with the young fellas MiP. He has Galaxy tab 3 which is the right android version but it is not supported either. Works with my Nexus 5 & 9 ok but not handing them over as I got the Nexus 9 off Tony for Christmas!
                                                                                    Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 26-12-14, 11:03.

Comment

...

Comment

Hitting blahterford shortly, will most places require tickets to get in?

Comment

...

Comment

...High court ruling over the mother and child announced a little while ago...Can't argue too much with the decision, I'd imagine more people will be pleased than upset over it...

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                              Hitting blahterford shortly, will most places require tickets to get in?
                                                                                              For what?
                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                For what?
                                                                                                Hardcore Christmas bants m8

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                                  Hardcore Christmas bants m8
                                                                                                  So what the bars require tickets?
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Hate the cnuts but that was an outstanding half of football from Chelsea.
                                                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

So what the bars require tickets?
                                                                                                      I don't fucking know m8 do I, when people ask a question they usually don't know the answer or they wouldn't of asked the question in the first fucking place m8.

Comment

Have fun at the sheep shearing competition and tossing wellies later on in hillbilly Sligo m8

Comment

Also tomorrow won't be busy tomorrow, no busier than a regular winters day. Automated passport control in us customs is there now so if you have been to US in Last few years, 8 I think, on same passport you can use that. Either way won't be mad busy.
                                                                                                          More details on automated passport control?
                                                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Fuck you Dave. Tickets sounds daft. No tickets in sligo get the train
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                              More details on automated passport control?
                                                                                                              You do most of the officers work yourself. Conditions are that you have been to US before in last 8 years I think, from a visa waiver (esta) country and you aren't too old to use the thing.

Scan your passport it takes your picture for you and your fingerprint, asks you the customs declaration questions eliminating the blue form. It then gives you a printout you hand to an officer at a small desk, he verifys the bag in the picture is yours and your on your way. So far so good hopefully it flows well come summer
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Loughmore win a Tipperary county final without scoring in the second half.
                                                                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                                  ...High court ruling over the mother and child announced a little while ago...Can't argue too much with the decision, I'd imagine more people will be pleased than upset over it...
                                                                                                                  Given the fact that there was little chance of the baby being born healthy and the other factors such as the difficulties of sustaining someone purely on life support for that long it was the only real call they could make, and it's good that they made it.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                    Given the fact that there was little chance of the baby being born healthy and the other factors such as the difficulties of sustaining someone purely on life support for that long it was the only real call they could make, and it's good that they made it.
                                                                                                                    ...yeah the fact there wasn't too much chance of child being healthy turned it for me...actually, my mind was made up when they described the state of the mother and said she would look grotesque...stomach churning shite...

Comment

comin out tomorrow night eamo?

Comment

Back to work I'm afriad. Last day of Xmas for me
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

The national provider obviously is on holidays, useless shower.

This too shall pass.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X