This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    I don't usually enjoy being a begrudging hater but watching Ted Walsh's amateur hour effort at getting his horse well handicapped and picking up a big pot going tits up was a genuine pleasure.

Karma's a biatch Ted
    today and yesterday a great two days not to go racing () but succumbing to the itch tomorrow
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Dub13 View Post
      The parkruns are great events, they are really catching on loads more starting in 1015.
      I blame Brian Boru

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
      Fantastic excuse for a rewatch either way
      I just finished reading "The Corner". Great read if you liked the wire. Slightly odd fact -One of the main characters from the corner, DeAndre, played the part of Lamar, Brother Mouzanes bodyguard in the wire. Sadly died in 2012 of heroin overdose.

^^
      (Probably not very interesting but I just discovered this in the last few hours)

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        today and yesterday a great two days not to go racing () but succumbing to the itch tomorrow
        The rain yesterday was enough reason not to go. Though I was tempted to give my pussy magnet/ wind resistant umbrella a spin. One of my nephews won €170 on some redic bet. No idea on how much he loosed
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Last night of this years Irish Poker Rankings with the Fitzwilliam EOM looking like the battleground with 4 still in with a shot of coming out on top......

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
            The rain yesterday was enough reason not to go. Though I was tempted to give my pussy magnet/ wind resistant umbrella a spin. One of my nephews won €170 on some redic bet. No idea on how much he loosed
            yeah, don't know what the attendance was yesterday but I'd say it was minimal (usually packed to the gills)

fair to say I would have done the loots so a narrow escape, ty weather

Comment

I don't usually enjoy being a begrudging hater but watching Ted Walsh's amateur hour effort at getting his horse well handicapped and picking up a big pot going tits up was a genuine pleasure.

Karma's a biatch Ted
              Presume he also tipped every other horse in the race except his own !!

Backed Glenguest ew for small shillings in the Welsh National. Was sure he was home and hosed when he took it up 2 out. Ew ok but the win would have been sweet.

Like Raoul though, would have lost the gonads if had been punting seriously yesterday and today.

Comment

Ahb ollix, dunk out ;of my gourd. Need to uy a toothbrush an bread. Cnt seebthi enfing well.
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                  Presume he also tipped every other horse in the race except his own !!
                  Ted's finest moment today came in the closing credits sequence.
                  Earlier he was shiteing on about how he didn't give Heskin any instructions, how he hated getting instructions when he was riding and he never gives them himself. Then in the edit there is a few seconds of him in the parade ring speaking very forthrightly pointing and gesticulating right into the lads face
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                    Last night of this years Irish Poker Rankings with the Fitzwilliam EOM looking like the battleground with 4 still in with a shot of coming out on top......

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...989#post861989
                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

yeah, don't know what the attendance was yesterday but I'd say it was minimal (usually packed to the gills)

Might put in an appearance, had a nightmare today but yesterday was ok except for Roger Loughran letting my multiples down at the death

Comment

Karma's a biatch Ted
                        Pfff, I hope he never trains another winner.

Comment

The Zulus are counting their guns again. Every Christmas. What a tragic waste of lives.

Comment

Might put in an appearance, had a nightmare today but yesterday was ok except for Roger Loughran letting my multiples down at the death
                            ah Roger Loughran

he gives up the outside to no man

Comment

This is the one day of the year it is acceptable to wear a dressing gown all day.

Comment

Yesterday despite being 2000 down on last year from what i read was still packed to the gills only because everyone got indoors because of the rain.
                                What used be my fav racecourse is now just so tilting to go and has slid down the pecking order. The racing management are poor and the management before the current boss the same. Unless i get to share a vip with Bono i wont be back Stephens day anytime soon.

1.) As usual there is very little in way of seeing UK races. You have to either squeeze Japanese metro style into the paddypower shop(which is a health hazard its so packed) or encroach into a cafe amongst tables to see racing. No UK racing channel in the Jodami bar still which is a joke. This is the biggest bug bear i have. You can go to lesser known track and RUK is everywhere incl the betting ring(Gowran, Navan to name just 2).

2.) Staff. They generally havent a clue and are clearly locals or regulars drafted in for the big days. Barmen for example the majority im sure arent even barmen just barmen for the day. They have no idea how to serve efficiently.

3.). This isnt just Leopardstown but my observation of Irish racing seems its just narrowly behind Nascar for the most racist sport regarding hiring people in it. From top to bottom you never see foreign staff. This includes parking attendants, stiles staff, Tote staff(not a shot at GAB but jesus so many owl ones in their 50's-60's a lot of which have little or no interest), Bar staff, litter warden staff. Any staff as high or low you can think of.

4.) 12-14k people at the racecourse i heard but not a St Johns ambulance pair seen patrolling the stands ever and i seen a man take a crashing fall in the stands yesterday really hurt and not a sign of any help.

5.) PP shop. Its not packed enough you can barely move but they still have to show the live premiership game to pack in more non betting droolers in to gawp at it. Turn off the fcuking football!. Id introduce a banking style rope to the tills order in way of placing bets that take up the whole floor i.e if your not placing bets fcuk off.

These are just the main points.

Comment

This is the one day of the year it is acceptable to wear a dressing gown all day.

Comment

Rounders you really should have a weekly column or something. Brilliant stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                      Yesterday despite being 2000 down on last year from what i read was still packed to the gills only because everyone got indoors because of the rain.
                                      What used be my fav racecourse is now just so tilting to go and has slid down the pecking order. The racing management are poor and the management before the current boss the same. Unless i get to share a vip with Bono i wont be back Stephens day anytime soon.
                                      Went to Wimbledon dogs a while ago with a few mates

Easily the the most depressing place (outside the Irish midlands) I've ever been.

Inside is just a dodgy chipper with the tote windows

Outside the only place to stand was the betting ring

The fact you couldn't see the races from there didn't seem to bother anyone

Got there late so didn't bother trying to go upstairs but looked no better

Ohhh and the whole place was like a chavtastic family day out
                                      Felt sorry for the kids

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                        Rounders you really should have a weekly column or something. Brilliant stuff.
                                        Thanks, most people who get to listen to me long enough think im mad. But im sure im not. As George Hook says ''It druives me mad''.
                                        What pisses me off is that it could be so much better.
                                        Yeah i hear a lot of dog tracks in the uk are the grimmest of places but thats generally accepted.

Comment

Could get used to drinking Redbreast in the afternoon. Couldn't pull the trigger on the 21 y.o. so went with 12 instead. Still pretty damn good.

Comment

Feck, just broke my lenovo laptop screen, much hassle to replace?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                              The Zulus are counting their guns again. Every Christmas. What a tragic waste of lives.
                                              Some job

Here you; up front and get shot so the accountants can do a bit of sums

Fear noble peoples alright

Comment

The horsehead elite have gone too far!

A day in the life of Mrs. Johnson!Download the song! (http://bit.ly/horsemasksong)Written and Directed by Thomas Ridgewell (http://youtube.com/tomska)Cinemat...
                                                Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 27-12-14, 17:56.
                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Snapped this down at the Forty Foot on Christmas morning.

Sunrise at the Forty Foot by StephenDevine, on Flickr
                                                      The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                        Couldn't pull the trigger on the 21 y.o. so went with 12 instead. Still pretty damn good.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                          Ah come on, that one was so obvious it didn't even need to be said!

Comment

Anyone know any decent torrent sites that actually still work?
                                                            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                              Thanks
                                                              I only ever use extratorrent.cc
                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Thanks
                                                                Torrentz.eu search engine or katproxy.com
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

katproxy.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, katproxy.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Any recommendations on a 9-10in Tablet in the 100 - 200 Euro price range.

Comment

The Wire currently downloading in 'glorious' High Definition

Comment

Thanks
                                                                        kickass.to

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                          The Wire currently downloading in 'glorious' High Definition
                                                                          Is it all up?
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

I used to live off the Top 100 list on Piratebay. Is there anything similar doing the rounds? I've just been browsing the usual suspect sites above and some others, and looking for films i like, but wouldn't mind a 'go to' like i used to!

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                              Is it all up?
                                                                              Season One is, I expect the next seasons will follow in the coming days as they're shown in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                                                Snapped this down at the Forty Foot on Christmas morning.

Sunrise at the Forty Foot by StephenDevine, on Flickr
                                                                                Too sweet to be wholesome imo, wheres the scantily clad sponsorship dive card live blubber splashing into the 40ft?.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                  I used to live off the Top 100 list on Piratebay. Is there anything similar doing the rounds? I've just been browsing the usual suspect sites above and some others, and looking for films i like, but wouldn't mind a 'go to' like i used to!
                                                                                  Just browse movies on katproxy and they'll be ordered by most popular.

Comment

Thanks
                                                                                    Loads of stuff still works, check out rarbg & publichd are also back but you need to sign up but there stuff is excellent, also look into checking out a filelocker like uploaded.net for ease.

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                    You could use a site like rapidmoviez or rlsbb that show you a list of the stuff that has just been released on a day to day basis (good for tv/movies) to download.

Comment

LOL at the state of that evil scumbag bank robber and Garda murderer that Gerry Adams and MAry Lou bent over backwards to get early release for

Comment

LOL at the state of that evil scumbag bank robber and Garda murderer that Gerry Adams and MAry Lou bent over backwards to get early release for
                                                                                        Post office.
                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Playing fitz ofm. Out of my depth. Plodding along
                                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                            Post office.
                                                                                            Ah sure it alright then it was Free State money and dontchya know it was for the cause

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                              Did my 2nd ever 5k parkrun in Knocknacarra earlier this morning, recorded an improved time of 23.13. Felt pretty good during run, could see myself getting into these 5ks!
                                                                                              Nice one, you will be breaking the 20min in no time, one of my resolutions for next year is to run 2000km for the year.

Also bought a new tv in the sales so that resolution will be in 4k

Comment

...

Comment

Ducking shitstorms, begging for money and whoring for votes.

Alpha House really sums up the political life.
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

Just on the topic of movie torrents. This site is always good for top quality releases. Its the people who make all the yify uploads. You may need to proxy it.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                        Playing fitz ofm. Out of my depth. Plodding along
                                                                                                        That's how you get the moniez

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                          What was Mary Lou's involvement?
                                                                                                          Campaigned for his early release. Together with the rest of the SF\IRA leadership.

Comment

That's how you get the moniez
                                                                                                            Lost most of my stack v Nicholas Newport. Aipf ak v 6's hit the k and 6 on turn and shoved the 7bb with 77after utg raise and call ran into AA. Enjoyed it though.
                                                                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                Link?
                                                                                                                You lie down with dogs you get up with fleas.
                                                                                                                .

I can remember her being on a Sunday radio show where she defended the campaign to have those particular criminals released as politicals. Which was odd as it is widely believed they were on an unauthorized lifestyle funding solo run when they gunned down Gerry McCabe in cold blood.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                                  Just on the topic of movie torrents. This site is always good for top quality releases. Its the people who make all the yify uploads. You may need to proxy it.

https://yts.re/
                                                                                                                  Only get his stuff if I'm loading up my tablet for trips, stuff is very good though but wouldn't use it for a day to day site.

Comment

My beautiful Granny passed away suddenly this evening, what a legend of a woman. 89 yrs old , reared 12 kids and me for many years . My poor mother is heart broken. The poor woman went to the toilet and to take her vicks medicine for a cold she had. My uncle was staying with her tonight . she called out his name and he went to the kitchen and she was on the floor and he picked her up to place her on chair but she was gone

such a huge shock to everyone tonight.
                                                                                                                    I posted this before , she was 87 in this pic ( in purple) beautiful woman.

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Very sorry Michelle.
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Sorry to hear that Michelle.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X