Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Screw ye're ikettle - www.bruvelo.com
        airport, lol

Comment

My condolences Michelle, sorry to hear that.

Comment

Sorry for you loss SatNav
            You can tell by the eyes that she was a Queen!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              Times 'Briton of year' pic
              I think its OK that they gave it to someone who could/should be perceived as a negative influence, it's not just a 'heart of goodness' award.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                I think its OK that they gave it to someone who could/should be perceived as a negative influence, it's not just a 'heart of goodness' award.
                You're of course right; by default, top Brit award should be perceived as top cunt award by the rest of the world

Was forever thus etc...

Comment

You lie down with dogs you get up with fleas.

I can remember her being on a Sunday radio show where she defended the campaign to have those particular criminals released as politicals. Which was odd as it is widely believed they were on an unauthorized lifestyle funding solo run when they gunned down Gerry McCabe in cold blood.
                  Knew a mate of McCabes when I lived in Cork around 2004 and that was the accepted fact of the case

Comment

PP messenger enhanced. Man city @ evs v Burnley. Max 30 I think

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                      Feck, just broke my lenovo laptop screen, much hassle to replace?
                      At almost the exact same time I took my Acer Touchscreen out my laptop bag knowing the bag had dropped out the car before I left Letterkenny for Scotland at 7.45am. Screen smashed on it too. Was in bits. But the screen is actually only £75 to replace. What model is it and will check for you? I did my daughters brand new laptop screen that she cracked a few weeks after Christmas for £45 and replaces in 10 minutes. Was piss easy.

Comment

Not a good day for Airlines today with another plane gone missing. Poor people and their families. Hope its not a repeat of the last one

Comment

I can remember her being on a Sunday radio show where she defended the campaign to have those particular criminals released as politicals. Which was odd as it is widely believed they were on an unauthorized lifestyle funding solo run when they gunned down Gerry McCabe in cold blood.
                          in any case, McAuley will be put back where he belongs now

and, given that his wife is actually a former SF representative, maybe some restorative justice will be handed out to him in jail. How fitting that would be.
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Ah sure it alright then it was Free State money and dontchya know it was for the cause

How come some IRA guys were released early and some weren't. You might remember the case of John Morley and Henry Byrne

gardai killed in a bank robbery pursuit in Roscommon in 1980. The killers were released in 2012 - don't think there was ever any question of them being released under good friday agreement whereas the McCabe killers seemed to be getting bargained for from the get go - despite the McCabe murder taking place in 1996.

Well, one of the guys originally found guilty(roscommon case), Peter Pringle, was released in 1995 after his conviction was overturned. I remember hearing ( very anecdotedly mind) that he was a son or nephew of some high up judge...? Any clue on that - after a quick search I can find no reference to it anyway

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                              How come some IRA guys were released early and some weren't. You might remember the case of John Morley and Henry Byrne

gardai killed in a bank robbery pursuit in Roscommon in 1980. The killers were released in 2012 - don't think there was ever any question of them being released under good friday agreement whereas the McCabe killers seemed to be getting bargained for from the get go - despite the McCabe murder taking place in 1996.

Well, one of the guys originally found guilty(roscommon case), Peter Pringle, was released in 1995 after his conviction was overturned. I remember hearing ( very anecdotedly mind) that he was a son or nephew of some high up judge...? Any clue on that - after a quick search I can find no reference to it anyway
                              I don't know, it all seems a bit arbitrary alright

the McCabe killers must have been very high up in the IRA hierarchy as SF really put themselves out there for them (remember the constant treks to Roscommon by the likes of McGuinness and Ferris?). Heroes of the Struggle as Mrs McAuley can attest. Well, if she's capable of attesting anything from her hospital bed.

Comment

How come some IRA guys were released early and some weren't.
                                Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                I don't know, it all seems a bit arbitrary alright

the McCabe killers must have been very high up in the IRA hierarchy as SF really put themselves out there for them
                                Henry Byrne and John Morley, two officers of the Garda Síochána, the police force of Ireland, were murdered on 7 July 1980 by alleged members of the Irish National Liberation Army (INLA)
                                Having glanced back at the wiki thing I see that the roscommon case involved the INLA instead of the IRA. Could the answer to my question be that simple?

Comment

Having glanced back at the wiki thing I see that the roscommon case involved the INLA instead of the IRA. Could the answer to my question be that simple?
                                  Probably is. Kinda scratching my head to remember what happened to the INLA. AFAIR they did eventually declare themselves defunct but I think they had pretty much managed to kill each other in internecine strife by then anyway.

Comment

I'm still in shock that they gave it to someone that drinks beer and smokes fags.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                      At almost the exact same time I took my Acer Touchscreen out my laptop bag knowing the bag had dropped out the car before I left Letterkenny for Scotland at 7.45am. Screen smashed on it too. Was in bits. But the screen is actually only £75 to replace. What model is it and will check for you? I did my daughters brand new laptop screen that she cracked a few weeks after Christmas for £45 and replaces in 10 minutes. Was piss easy.
                                      B580, looks like a similar enough price

15.6-inch 1366X768 (HD) Screen for Ibm Lenovo Essential B580 15.6 Screen Replacement LCD replacement £45.54. FREE: Install Guides, Videos, Upgrades and more.

Comment

How da hell is this still 0-0

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                          How da hell is this still 0-0
                                          Absolutely shocking from United. What RvP is at I can't figure out. Just hit the fucking ball like.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                            Not a good day for Airlines today with another plane gone missing. Poor people and their families. Hope its not a repeat of the last one
                                            ...It doesn't look like anything sinister has occurred here...Although they still haven't released a huge amount about it...It really has been a disgusting year Aviation wise...I've to book a flight for my mam tonight/tomorrow...I wonder how many times she mentions this and says no I cant go...

Comment

...Sorry to hear about your loss Michelle...You've had quite a few stories about her this year, it seemed she really lived her life to the end which is nice...x

Comment

Dirt cheap flights to Argentina over on boards. €300 more or less.
                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                  Dirt cheap flights to Argentina over on boards. €300 more or less.
                                                  I have been following that since friday.

Wait for the OMG, they sold me a ticket and have to honor it posts once Lufthansa cancel them, which i would guess is a 99% possibility.

better call joe.
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                    I have been following that since friday.

Wait for the OMG, they sold me a ticket and have to honor it posts once Lufthansa cancel them, which i would guess is a 99% possibility.

better call joe.
                                                    They do pick up some serious deals from time to time. I havent really read over that thread to see the details of the deal so I cannot comment.
                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                          They do pick up some serious deals from time to time. I havent really read over that thread to see the details of the deal so I cannot comment.
                                                          What i get a good giggle out of is when this scenario happens, someone mentions how they phoned up and spoke to someone about the misprice, to see if it will be honored etc, now...most of these boards deals come from hotukdeals/holiday guru etc anyway, just reposted to boards, there are tens of thousands of views already on those misprices, not just the 17 people that replied on boards. All hell breaks loose.

People are idiots.
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Slightly odd fact -One of the main characters from the corner, DeAndre, played the part of Lamar, Brother Mouzanes bodyguard in the wire. Sadly died in 2012 of heroin overdose.

^^
                                                            (Probably not very interesting but I just discovered this in the last few hours)

...and DeAndres mother Fran Boyd ended up marrying Donnie Andrews in 2007. He was the inspiration for Omar Littles charcter in the wire and died in 2012 too. Bubbles and McNulty were at the wedding. Small world

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                              Another €300 on shoes, shirts, belt, today. Most expensive interview prep ever. Wife is trying to push things and suggesting getting a manicure 'people look at your shoes first and nails second' apparently.
                                                              Hope you looked her dead in the eye and deadpan delivered "that is exactly the order I noticed you in so I guess your right"

My nonsense grooming tip for interviews is to brush your teeth twice before. Ideally the second time just before you go in.

It will make you smile more apparently as your teeth feel cleaner and your interviewers will like you more if you smile.

Comment

Terry is still one of the best CBs in the world if playing a certain system imo...unfortunately a high line is not that system. Asking for trouble if you're setting up like that.
                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  Probably is. Kinda scratching my head to remember what happened to the INLA. AFAIR they did eventually declare themselves defunct but I think they had pretty much managed to kill each other in internecine strife by then anyway.
                                                                  Ah the INLA, the nut popcorn paramilitary group in Ireland. From Dominic Mad Dog McGlinchey to Dessie The Border Fox O'Hare, to the wonderful feud with the splinter IPLO, they really were a fun organisation to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                    B580, looks like a similar enough price

http://www.laptop-lcd-screen.co.uk/s...EEN__32662.asp

I took the old screen out and put the part number into ebay to make sure I had the right one. Was no problem at all.

Comment

A rather snazzy Paul Smith suit acquired. Down from €800 to €400. If the original price can be believed then it's now my most expensive possession.
                                                                      where did ya get it?
                                                                      Thinking of pulling the trigger on wedding suits during the sales.
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Maybe a ferry instead
                                                                        ...I was waiting for you to answer 😃...ferry not really an option, going to Florida...Related question for you though...My mam was suppose to be flying to Florida on January 18th-February 19Th...But we are goijgvtk have to change the first leg and fly her in the next 6 days...(sister about to pop a month early)...I remember you mentioning the same situation about changing one of the flights, did you encounter many problems when doing it...And is it a case of one quick phone call to get it changed or is it a big issue?...

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                          I used to live off the Top 100 list on Piratebay. Is there anything similar doing the rounds? I've just been browsing the usual suspect sites above and some others, and looking for films i like, but wouldn't mind a 'go to' like i used to!
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Soton need to get Ward-Prowse on, he'll be a mainstay in the England side for the next decade+.
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Got to say Three UK are the dogs bollocks! I was trying to top up online and I was registering the phone first. I got the password sent via text and logged in and it said it was wrong. Done this five times and it locked me out.

I rang Three and it wont let you register a card over the phone so I spoke to someone about the online system locking me out. She said she would sort the card and when she heard it was a non UK card she couldn't do it. She asked if I could top up with someone elses card and I said it was ok, I would have to drive to a shop and it was more of the inconvenience that was annoying me.

She went away for a minute and came back and said a £10 credit for my hassle was being added to my account so I could keep in touch with my family while here! Applied and all already. What a service

Comment

...

Comment

Got back into The Leftovers the other night, I've four eps in the bag, I'm enjoying it, but is it normal at this stage to not have a clue what's going on?
                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                    Got back into The Leftovers the other night, I've four eps in the bag, I'm enjoying it, but is it normal at this stage to not have a clue what's going on?
                                                                                    Would be weird if you did. Excellent show and great music to make it all the more bizarre when watching

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                      I found the whole thing weird... the chain smoking people in white just get weirder by the episode....
                                                                                      Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Another €300 on shoes, shirts, belt, today. Most expensive interview prep ever. Wife is trying to push things and suggesting getting a manicure 'people look at your shoes first and nails second' apparently.
                                                                                        I hope you let the Mrs pick the shirt judging by your SBP/PTSB shill effort!!

Pick up a decent overcoat to round things off. Strellson would suit a man of your build.
                                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Never seem to have a clue what's happening in NFL. Is chargers v chiefs the game to watch now?

Comment

...

Comment

Never seem to have a clue what's happening in NFL. Is chargers v chiefs the game to watch now?
                                                                                              Watch Redzone. It's like a live highlights show. The only way to watch the Sunday games.

Comment

...Some of my neighbors are weird...362 days until Christmas and they already have their Christmas decorations up...

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                                                                                  Watch Redzone. It's like a live highlights show. The only way to watch the Sunday games.
                                                                                                  Just on this, Redzone will be very dramatic now with 4 teams looking for a playoff spot and 2 of them losing and the Texans only up by 4 points. There could be lots of leap frogging and late drama. All games have abut 12 mins left so only about 40mins left.

Comment

Pardew to Palace seems to be picking up steam

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                      Just when he seems to be getting something going at Newcastle the last 6 weeks. Surely be crazy to move to a club who is likely to go down?

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                                                                                        Just on this, Redzone will be very dramatic now with 4 teams looking for a playoff spot and 2 of them losing and the Texans only up by 4 points. There could be lots of leap frogging and late drama. All games have abut 12 mins left so only about 40mins left.

http://www.nfl.com/standings
                                                                                                        Thanks...way more entertaining

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                          Bookies benefit those markets

Comment

Thanks...way more entertaining
                                                                                                            Ravens up by 2 scores with the ball and Chargers down by two scores without the ball. All over, just waiting for the fat lady. Fucking Bills beat the Pats! Still get home advantage but would be nice to finish with a win.

Comment

Stick with Redzone for the evening kick offs too Bob, I think there's 5 games and 3 will have serious playoff drama happening.

Comment

Redzone is on Sky Sports 5 (and they are even showing it without ad breaks).

Comment

Redzone is on Sky Sports 5 (and they are even showing it without ad breaks).
                                                                                                                  Or on wiziwig for the poor among us who don't have Sky.

Chinese, Beer and Redzone. A perfect Sunday night.

Comment

...

Comment

Nice

SPOILER
                                                                                                                      Wouldn't mind some of that Chinese either

Comment

Panthers may end up facing a Rodgersless Green Bay next week, talk about rungoodaments.
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                          Panthers may end up facing a Rodgersless Green Bay next week, talk about rungoodaments.
                                                                                                                          Yep, was just reported as "questionable" with a calf injury. And they got a TD in the last seconds of the 1st half.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X