• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Hmm. Slightly ambivalent about the 9% line. Think it'll be around that point. Are you happy to bet on below 9%, while I take the above line?
        Make it 9.25% and we're on. Dropped by 1.5% last year and that would be in line with that. 100?

And come up with a UK election bet plz.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          And come up with a UK election bet plz.
          The other potential political bet would be the size of the majority in the gay marriage referendum.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I cant believe its 5 years since we all left Boards!!!

Comment

We are now closer to the year 2030 than we are to 2000
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    Hmmmmm. I don't think we are.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                      Hmmmmm. I don't think we are.
                      GFYAJ

2029 then
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

hmm. Tempted. But the Irish public are really awful to bet on. I'd slightly suspect a possible outcome is that every single granny would turn out to save us from the evilness of gay marriage, while every young person wouldn't bother to turn up to vote as they'd assume it'll be passed by a huge majority.
                        You also have the 'fuck the government' element who will somehow manage to find a way to be anti.

Comment

I'd be below 9.25%, but above 9%. So maybe you decide which position you'd prefer (i.e. above 9.25% or below 9%)
                          Ha. OK, will revert to default pessimism position then and say > 9.25%. Booked.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                Jaysus imagine how bad milk and chicken will be come 2030.

Comment

Wednesday 7th is the release of December figures. Hoping for a fall to 10.5% to kickstart the year.
                                  This one will be close either way.

Comment

Anyone want to set a line on the gay marriage referendum?

Comment

Comment

Anyone want to set a line on the gay marriage referendum?
                                        58-60% in favour.
                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

I would be inclined to say +60%

Would it still be a billion to one shot ?

Actually, One thousand billion and fifty two to one.
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                            The Drop, Nightcrawler and Foxcatcher are the best I've seen so far. Son Of A Gun is watchable as well.
                                            Just be aware that the version that is doing the rounds has most of the violent scenes edited out. I'm not sure exactly how much is missing but I think it's a decent chunk.

Opr

Comment

Comment

Wouldn't be particularly sure that Yes will win, such proposals have been rejected in lots of referenda even in this enlightened century, 66% against in Croatia only a few years ago. Ditto Slovenia though a closer vote. Theres a core 25/30% conservative vote here who'll be happy to stick it to the liberal sodomites up in Dublin, and that a solid base to a No campaign.

If the Yes side assumes victory, or puts the 'wrong' people up in the debates, or if the legislation is phrased such that's it open to scaremongering misinterpretation, then there could well be a shock.

I'd reckon low 50%s Yes, maybe even a classic Irish 50.45 - 49.55 cliffhanger.

Comment

Higher tax proponents take note.

Hollande’s measure was meant to force wealthiest to help dig country out of economic crisis, but was accused of being anti-business

Comment

Wouldn't be particularly sure that Yes will win, such proposals have been rejected in lots of referenda even in this enlightened century, 66% against in Croatia only a few years ago. Ditto Slovenia though a closer vote. Theres a core 25/30% conservative vote here who'll be happy to stick it to the liberal sodomites up in Dublin, and that a solid base to a No campaign.

If the Yes side assumes victory, or puts the 'wrong' people up in the debates, or if the legislation is phrased such that's it open to scaremongering misinterpretation, then there could well be a shock.

I'd reckon low 50%s Yes, maybe even a classic Irish 50.45 - 49.55 cliffhanger.
                                                    I think it will be comfortable enough myself. 60-40 territory.

Have any bookies opened up on it yet?

Comment

I think it will be comfortable enough myself. 60-40 territory.

Have any bookies opened up on it yet?
                                                      Powers are 4/7 +60% Yes, 5/4 under.

Comment

Powers are 4/7 +60% Yes, 5/4 under.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/novelt...rp_ids=1003224
                                                        Hmmmm. Wouldn't be rushing out to back the overs. You just know some completely tangential 'issue' is going to be introduced to the debate that will make it a water charges\general dissatisfaction referendum

Comment

Hmmmm. Wouldn't be rushing out to back the overs. You just know some completely tangential 'issue' is going to be introduced to the debate that will make it a water charges\general dissatisfaction referendum
                                                          I'll give you evens for €100 - I'll take 65% and over as Yes - You take under 65%?

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                            I'll give you evens for €100 - I'll take 65% and over as Yes - You take under 65%?
                                                            If RD3 doesn't want it - or if you want to bet with someone else I'll take the under 65% for 100 @ evens

Comment

I'll take it if Raoul doesn't and you're still interested. Raoul will try to bargain for bigger price/% anyway!

Edit: nm

Comment

Somebody with III after their name is starting in work, any relation?
                                                                And people seriously do this?!

Tar.Aldarion 1g it is.

Comment

Also in on free 100E

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                    And people seriously do this?!
                                                                    Yes they do. They're always assholes. Always.

Comment

Would also take that bet

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                        I take back what I said. That kid is the real deal. Get him an Irish passport MON!

BP win please! Weather looks rotten.

Details?
                                                                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Booked.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                            58-60% in favour.
                                                                            Zod please have it as a new year's resolution to post more in BBV, your contributions are valued and missed.

Select targeting of previous high value customers ftw. We need a customer retention officer. Which other lapsed members do we need to target to return to the fold?

Wouldn't be particularly sure that Yes will win, such proposals have been rejected in lots of referenda even in this enlightened century, 66% against in Croatia only a few years ago. Ditto Slovenia though a closer vote.
                                                                            I was living in the gay area of San Diego when Proposition 8 was being voted on in the State of California. Proposition 8 was an attempt to overrule a court's ruling in favour of same sex marriage, stating "only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California."

Every poll for 6 months showed that a minority were supporting the proposition. It passed with 52%. Teh gays were so upset it wasn't even funny. Vaguely remember a garden sign in favour of it being bravely posted in my area and it being helpfully returned to its owner through his window.

Lao Lao seems to have erred with his bet, given that most of the forum would be keen to snap it off. Myself included.

Comment

Booked.

Should I just give them money to Hitch now?

Comment

Having somebody over for a film, suggestions for somebody whose favorite films are v for vendetta and watchmen?

Comment

Having somebody over for a film, suggestions for somebody whose favorite films are v for vendetta and watchmen?
                                                                                  old boy (korean version) or the matrix?

Comment

Don't let them in.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

So thus far in 2015 I'm rooting for low economic growth and against gay marriage. Not sure what political grouping that puts me in.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                        Which other lapsed members do we need to target to return to the fold?
                                                                                        Solksjaer.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                          old boy (korean version) or the matrix?
                                                                                          Nice suggestion, I've always wanted to watch that, English isn't her native language, so will run subtitles past her.

Also thinking battle royale if subtitles are in.

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                          Don't let them in.
                                                                                          More like I won't let her out

Comment

Sorting the first BBV by volume posted then amongst the top volume posters we have completely lost CHD, Solks, Angry Ball, Zuroph, Ace, Rasta, eagle eye, sligoboi and dannydiamond.
                                                                                            Should try to get all back for our 5th anniversary spectacular.

Comment

Eagle Eye was a top 5 poster of all time. Don't even argue this.

I will be releasing the 2014 top 10 IPB posters tomorrow.

Comment

What is the story with steak after the best before date? I know pretty much every other meat would be a no go.
                                                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                                  What is the story with steak after the best before date? I know pretty much every other meat would be a no go.
                                                                                                  How long after? If it smells off or has gone a duller shade I'd be bining it.
                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

One is about a week and the other two days. Im thinking il just bin he earlier one and take a chance on the other one assuming it smells ok.
                                                                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

The duller shade means very little when it comes to steaks. It's great for getting some nice cuts in the supermarkets quite cheap as most people hold the same opinion as you and wouldn't buy them so they reduce them hugely.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                        The duller shade means very little when it comes to steaks. It's great for getting some nice cuts in the supermarkets quite cheap as most people hold the same opinion as you and wouldn't buy them so they reduce them hugely.

Opr
                                                                                                        The week old ones smelt horrendous there when I opened them. The next ones not so bad but the smell off the first ones put me off chancing it.
                                                                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Fx
                                                                                                          Solksjaer.
                                                                                                          Just chatting to him here in Galway. I'll put the pressure on...

I see Sligoboi over yonder too although he can barely get his eyes up to table level the little lad bless him.
                                                                                                          Last edited by Dice75; 02-01-15, 17:27.

Comment

Was in Brown Thomas today and the highlight was a scanger zip up tracksuit top for €245. Also paid a tenner for a tea, a coffee, and a cream bun in Jervis. That's town done for another year or so anyway.

Comment

Gay Marriage referendum line should be 52-55% at best.

I'm not even totally convinced it will pass if I'm honest. If it does I reckon we are looking at a 52-48 split in favour and that's with a low turnout.

Also the Government have done the referendum no favours by scheduling it when students are living outside their electoral areas and preparing for exams. Lower turnout from 18-25's is a serious demographic problem for this one.

Anyone thinking this is a sure thing needs their head checked.
                                                                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

I was living in the gay area of San Diego when Proposition 8 was being voted on in the State of California. Proposition 8 was an attempt to overrule a court's ruling in favour of same sex marriage, stating "only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California."

Every poll for 6 months showed that a minority were supporting the proposition. It passed with 52%. Teh gays were so upset it wasn't even funny. Vaguely remember a garden sign in favour of it being bravely posted in my area and it being helpfully returned to its owner through his window.

Lao Lao seems to have erred with his bet, given that most of the forum would be keen to snap it off. Myself included.
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                  Gay Marriage referendum line should be 52-55% at best.

I'm not even totally convinced it will pass if I'm honest. If it does I reckon we are looking at a 52-48 split in favour and that's with a low turnout.

Also the Government have done the referendum no favours by scheduling it when students are living outside their electoral areas and preparing for exams. Lower turnout from 18-25's is a serious demographic problem for this one.

Anyone thinking this is a sure thing needs their head checked.

Both good points and my picking of the line is very heavily influenced by my own social circle which may not be reflected country wide

However I have (possibly ridiciously placed) faith in the Irish people to do the right thing on this one

If Ireland did vote No to gay marriage or if it just scraped in, it wouldn't affect me one bit but I would be bitterly disapointed in our society as a whole. I really hope we've grown as a nation over the last 10-15 years but the proof will be on the day.

Comment

it will be interesting to see what other referenda are run on the same day.

Comment

However I have (possibly ridiciously placed) faith in the Irish people to do the right thing on this one
                                                                                                                      .
                                                                                                                      That is a misplaced faith I fear

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                      it will be interesting to see what other referenda are run on the same day.
                                                                                                                      Age to run for President only
                                                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

the government will be backing this, all the parties will be backing this, and the Church vote is eroding. It'sll be hard to see any 'No' campaign outside the usual iona guys and the public are tiring of them. i still think 60% is a good line.

Comment

Two classics I recently downloaded. Westworld and Darkman. Sin city would also be a decent choice for someone who likes comics.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X