This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Why? Do they all get assplosions otherwise?
    I ass-ume (pun)

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    like every time they travel?
    Everyone of these MotoGP trips yep.
    In fairness, you wouldn't want to risk it if you had to spend 14 hours trackside over two days.

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

that's just crazy tbh. Spent 10 days in Egypt, even swam in the Nile and not a bother on the whole family.
    Some of them are from Wexford, I believe they have their own specific microcosm of bacteria in their water supply. Must be an awful shock to the system to actually drink potable water for a change.
    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I saw one of his poker clips recently. Are those celebrity poker games with the youtubers and chess players actually playing for $$$? For the actual stakes they say they are? They always seem to flippant for it to be for real $$$. It wouldn't surprise me if they cross booked at as 1/2 game instead of are 100/200 game.
      Most of them are just ridiculously rich apart from the Botez sisters, who will be too.

Comment

Man City shitting on the corpse of competitive football
        Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

does anyone still use private cousins for tv?

I've let most of my mine lapse, only have one left and it doesn't really have everything.

I think most of those sites have died (What.cd, Waffles, Baconbits etc).
          What.CD is https://novanon.net/ now
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Few beers and with his hair down . John Terry would do Haaland.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
              Few beers and with his hair down . John Terry would do Haaland.
              I'd subscribe to a live stream of Haaland forcibly doing Terry.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                Can say same for Celtic, B. Munich, Barcelona/R. Madrid, PSG etc. If only there was a competition that they could be competitive in.... Oh wait...
                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                  Quick straw pole for the next couple of hours if anyone cares to share an opinion:

If you had to choose only one play in Dublin in the next month (Sat night, dressed up a bit, meal beforehand, cocktail or two after) what would it be?

I'm tossing between Ibsen's Ghosts in the Abbey (I know Dobby is a fan!) and Miller's The Price in The Gate?

Cheers in advance.
                  b.
                  The Price got standing applause this evening, and the Gate is generally a tough crowd.

I don't think ever enjoyed, as opposed to endured, an Ibsen play.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

I'd subscribe to a live stream of Haaland forcibly doing Terry.
                    He's doing every other defender in the PL. Footage on BBC 1 in 5 minutes

Comment

The Price got standing applause this evening, and the Gate is generally a tough crowd.

I don't think ever enjoyed, as opposed to endured, an Ibsen play.
                      Is it worth going to? I've never seen it and generally prefer not to go to The Gate.

Also I thought a standing ovation was just the done thing in Dublin with plays these days, rarely see one without it.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Is it worth going to? I've never seen it and generally prefer not to go to The Gate.

Also I thought a standing ovation was just the done thing in Dublin with plays these days, rarely see one without it.
                        I hadn't seen a standing ovation for quite some time, I must be attending with the Statler and Waldorf crew while you're hanging with Kermit and Miss Piggy.

I had quite serious deja vu during the play as I realised I had seen it before and then my brain tortured me for hours as I tried to remember where. At 4am it came to me - Sydney.

Comment

Must do some theatre soon. Last one i was at was Life by Hugh Leonard. I'm not counting the Leonard Cohen one as it was more of a musical tribute . So 2 Leonards account for my theatre going the past few years . Need to up my game . Oh yeah one in Prague - was terrible- depressing . Does Rocky Horror lend culture weight . ?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

What.CD is https://novanon.net/ now
                            Maybe you're thinking of bolt, what.CD was very different

Comment

I hadn't seen a standing ovation for quite some time, I must be attending with the Statler and Waldorf crew while you're hanging with Kermit and Miss Piggy.

I had quite serious deja vu during the play as I realised I had seen it before and then my brain tortured me for hours as I tried to remember where. At 4am it came to me - Sydney.
                              Really? Everything I've been to has had one. Even if the one for faith healer was half hearted.

Comment

Next two Music Kings are up:

Movie soundtracks P1 Well there are so many EPIC soundtracks that this is a lottery round. - from Trainspotting to Apocalypse now etc. (even Matlida has a Pink Floyd feel to it) However this is the FIRST soundtrack that blew me away - PLATOON. The music took you right back to that time/place. Nostalgia for a

50s Jazz P1 Got stuck in a loop of listening to some fairly generic american 50's jazz but ended up on settling on some late 50's latin jazz from Mongo Santamaria with obligatory jazz flute! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbE7jf_Hp5w Nearly went with something from Dorothy Ashby's 1958 album 'Hip Harp' but Mongo

Comment

First two Music King rounds are up:

P1 It’s got to be this- just unbeatable 80s vibe https://youtu.be/Lfgf9HatIHI Taking a risk early doors , not an expert of the genre but listen to some adjacent stuff and this popped up for me when bombing down motorway recently and has been on repeat since https://youtu.be/1SHW0QKox84 P2 "Movin' on Up"

P1 You might not be into rap, but this is a classic, b side on" Protect ya neck", released in 1993. Still think it sounds great today. Wu Tang clan and Nas playing here in June, should be a treat. https://youtu.be/PEnwXYJcSZc Released in 1968! Yes hard to believe, well ahead of its time. Worth listening just

Thanks to the players for their entries
                                  I'll close these at 2pm today

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

That class, youdaman.

Errr now I've been reliably informed that we we spend a grand total of 9 hours in Seville, and will be mostly based out of Jerez.
                                    Assume the nosh and booze recommendations stay similar?
                                    Yeah, do them all. Rinconcillo is 15 minute walk from the others (or 5 minutes in a taxi)

just be aware that most restaurants will stop serving at 5pm or so and reopen at 8pm so it depends on what 9 hour block you have
                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                      Five from six, and three in a row. With no real reason to think there is any end in sight. Newcastle and the Saudi money now in the CL, and Utd soon to be owned by Middle Eastern oil money.

I watched last night’s game, City blew them away. But I’ve watched the least amount of football this year since I was a kid too young to really watch football. I probably wish I could take back the years I poured into following it. It’s all merely a soap equivalent for men. If it has stood for anything, then we would be seeing a mass walk away from the modern game. I was genuinely surprised at how much of a success the Qatar World Cup was; and then maybe slightly less surprised thereafter at how Utd fans seem to have no issue being bought by Middle Eastern oil money.

It’s almost like some lads are just prisoners to this thing they’ve always done. And sure, we’ve had dominant teams before. But not a team charged with so many financial violations funded by this type of money. And now they can battle it out with Saudi owned Newcastle for the years to come, before they inevitably fall foul of regulations and fight sanction in court for years, etc. Utd can maybe get back on top by spending another billion quid on players once their sale goes through.

It’s all so dull.
                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

Five from six, and three in a row. With no real reason to think there is any end in sight. Newcastle and the Saudi money now in the CL, and Utd soon to be owned by Middle Eastern oil money.

I watched last night’s game, City blew them away. But I’ve watched the least amount of football this year since I was a kid too young to really watch football. I probably wish I could take back the years I poured into following it. It’s all merely a soap equivalent for men. If it has stood for anything, then we would be seeing a mass walk away from the modern game. I was genuinely surprised at how much of a success the Qatar World Cup was; and then maybe slightly less surprised thereafter at how Utd fans seem to have no issue being bought by Middle Eastern oil money.

It’s almost like some lads are just prisoners to this thing they’ve always done. And sure, we’ve had dominant teams before. But not a team charged with so many financial violations funded by this type of money. And now they can battle it out with Saudi owned Newcastle for the years to come, before they inevitably fall foul of regulations and fight sanction in court for years, etc. Utd can maybe get back on top by spending another billion quid on players once their sale goes through.

It’s all so dull.
                                        It's on a larger scale, but I'm not sure it's actually that much different to when it was a case of which cotton mill magnate was willing to pay £10K to transfer Tom Finney away from the chap whose ship-building /slave empire was struggling. Whilst various Italian car oligarchs tried to outdo each other for football bragging rights without much thought for making profit, Dutch electronics companies outbid everyone for South American talent and east European dictators forced their best players to all play for one club.
                                        It's not good now, but your idea of 'a walkaway' because of what is happening implies that it used to be good.

Comment

Soccer is a farce.
                                          Players have zero loyalty to their clubs. Club owners are either engaging in international dick-measuring using their dirty money (Man City, Newcastle) or else riding the gravy train for all its worth until the eventual cashout (Man Utd, Liverpool). Fans are Grade A suckers and are being squeezed as hard as possible.
                                          If you want authenticity, go watch a game in a much lower division, or even better, your local park.

Luckily, if you're Irish you have a much more appealing sport on offer where we are No 1 in the world with homegrown players, fans who are connected intimately with their teams and where money hasn't yet destroyed the game. Rugby.
                                          Enjoy while you can.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

It's on a larger scale, but I'm not sure it's actually that much different to when it was a case of which cotton mill magnate was willing to pay £10K to transfer Tom Finney away from the chap whose ship-building /slave empire was struggling. Whilst various Italian car oligarchs tried to outdo each other for football bragging rights without much thought for making profit, Dutch electronics companies outbid everyone for South American talent and east European dictators forced their best players to all play for one club.
                                            It's not good now, but your idea of 'a walkaway' because of what is happening implies that it used to be good.
                                            I think it’s the scale. I would confidently say the City team under Guardiola are the best side with the most depth ever in English league history. The points totals between Liverpool and then the last few years attest to that. Every summer Guardiola can go out and spend whatever it takes to improve his squad where he needs to. And the best players they have never seem to want to leave in their prime, the money is so good. That’s never a problem.

The issue for me is how artificial City’s position is. In a sense of the entirety of professional football, City are a relatively big club. But in terms of elite football City are nobody. Success has gradually created a more international fanbase and activated the maximum amount from their core base and catchment area, but they still don’t sell out CL and league games through the season. You have to ask how we got here when a club like this can have the best team, ever, in the history of British football.

The European Cup semis this year have three of the most historic clubs in football history, and City. It’s weird. And it’s going to get weirder when Newcastle win their first title and start becoming favoured to win the CL.

The counter argument is as you say but also an anarchistic attitude of ‘why not these small clubs?’. Why can they not be chosen? YMMV but I know what City and Newcastle have been all my life. To just buy it like this, it leaves me cold. And the scale of human rights injustice that underpins this money dwarfs that of the tyrannical steel magnates of the 70’s.

I think you want a sense of romance about the game, and where English football is headed lacks that: a three way shootout between Middle Eastern owned clubs and their walls of money occasionally interjected by generational teams from Arsenal / Liverpool or the odd year Chelsea hit bingo on a combination of their 100s of players.

As I get older with more pulls on my time this just isn’t worth it. The same stuff each year, an inevitability to who can reasonably win from the outset of the season, the same arguing with your mates over it all. I think it would be insanity to gleefully be fascinated by it year in, year out.

I’ll continue going to the Ireland games, but that will increasingly be the majority of football I watch.
                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Soccer is a farce.
                                              Players have zero loyalty to their clubs. Club owners are either engaging in international dick-measuring using their dirty money (Man City, Newcastle) or else riding the gravy train for all its worth until the eventual cashout (Man Utd, Liverpool). Fans are Grade A suckers and are being squeezed as hard as possible.
                                              If you want authenticity, go watch a game in a much lower division, or even better, your local park.

Luckily, if you're Irish you have a much more appealing sport on offer where we are No 1 in the world with homegrown players, fans who are connected intimately with their teams and where money hasn't yet destroyed the game. Rugby.
                                              Enjoy while you can.
                                              I’ve oddly started following the GAA more each year, starting to go to games again. Not following anything about it really in terms of how the players get there (i.e. I don’t have the nuance of the selection decisions, who’s doing what at club level, etc) but the games are good and it means so much to everyone. And the craic around it is great.

Only so much time you can spend watching sport in the end, and football in its current state has just slipped down my priority lists.

Comment

I have only been watching the recaps of the chess each day. I just went back to the moment on yesterday's stream to when Nepo blundered the game. The poor guy. He comes back to the table sees what he missed and that the game is over and his head drops into his hands. He spends the remaining time not resigning but stays sitting at the table for 20 minutes talking to himself, shiting about in his chair, looking back at the board in disbelief, and then berating himself a little more. It is like watching someone fall apart in front of your eyes.

Comment

For me the footie is about entertainment - No matter how much money is spent it’s still down to the players on the pitch. Leicester proved it more than just money. You need a team that gels and works hard for each other. As a Utd fan it’s been quite disappointing to watch highly paid entitled fkwits like Pogba and Martial, Lingard, not bothering their arse to earn their substantial living.

Klopp got a tune out of Liverpool by instilling this ‘hard work’ ethic. Irrespective of Citys financial dealings (who cared about that back in the day) some of their football is superb to watch. De Bryune was sublime last night - I was cheering for Arsenal last night . I think Citys work ethic stifled them though. I still love to watch the game. I don’t enjoy the banter so much anymore as all my victims have copped on but I will watch the following teams whenever they appear on live matches and usually highly enjoy it. City, Liverpool, Utd, Brighton , Leeds , Spurs (for the crazy drama) .

I could pick the bones out of most sports really. However I’ll still watch the big game’s and the entertaining teams. Shankly was wrong though, it’s not more important than……

Comment

I’ve oddly started following the GAA more each year, starting to go to games again. Not following anything about it really in terms of how the players get there (i.e. I don’t have the nuance of the selection decisions, who’s doing what at club level, etc) but the games are good and it means so much to everyone. And the craic around it is great.

Only so much time you can spend watching sport in the end, and football in its current state has just slipped down my priority lists.
                                                    You must have loved the Grand Slam this year? Brilliant Irish team trouncing everyone and playing really attractive rugby.

I am more interested in GAA now. Think my wife is a bad influence on me.

Comment

PokerGO is live streaming what could be a fun cash game later for free on youtube. The lineup is Doug Polk, Eric Persson, Matt Berkey, JRB, Rob Yong, and Nik 'Airball'.

I don't know exactly why but Airball and Berkey are playing a heads-up match at the moment I think because Airball called Berkey a scammer so to prove himself as a poker player he gets this amazing spot against Nik who as far as I can tell is a huge whale where they are playing 200/400 every week for the next month. Somehow Polk is involved in all this and he and Berkey hate each other and Doug was going to train Airball for the match but seems to have backed out of that when he realized how bad Nik is at the poker. He and Matt though have some ongoing beef, Pearson also now wants to play Berkey's heads-ups up and also thinks he is a scammer . . . .

If you think Soccer is a soap opera for men you ain't seen anything, welcome to Poker in 2023

Comment

You must have loved the Grand Slam this year? Brilliant Irish team trouncing everyone and playing really attractive rugby.

I am more interested in GAA now. Think my wife is a bad influence on me.
                                                        Best Irish rugby team ever. The way they did the World Cup draw is outrageous.

I think that’s the thing also - the GAA is more of a communal event. Both genders enjoy it, there’s a bit of craic around watching it and having a drink after, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                          PokerGO is live streaming what could be a fun cash game later for free on youtube. The lineup is Doug Polk, Eric Persson, Matt Berkey, JRB, Rob Yong, and Nik 'Airball'.

I don't know exactly why but Airball and Berkey are playing a heads-up match at the moment because Airball called Berkey a scammer so to prove himself as a poker player he gets this amazing spot against Nik who as far as I can tell is a huge whale where they are playing 200/400 every week for the next month. Someone how Polk is involved in all this and he and Berkey hate each other and Doug was going to train Airball for the match but seems to have backed out of that when he realized how bad Nik is at the poker. He and Matt though have some ongoing beef, Pearson also now wants to play Berkey's heads-ups up and also thinks he is a scammer . . . .

If you think Soccer is a soap opera for men you ain't seen nothing, welcome to poker in 2023
                                                          Yeah watched Doug Polk’s vids on the grudge match. Nik airball always seems to be playing terribly on those hustler streams, so I don’t really understand what his story or background is.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                            For me the footie is about entertainment - No matter how much money is spent it’s still down to the players on the pitch. Leicester proved it more than just money. You need a team that gels and works hard for each other. As a Utd fan it’s been quite disappointing to watch highly paid entitled fkwits like Pogba and Martial, Lingard, not bothering their arse to earn their substantial living.

Klopp got a tune out of Liverpool by instilling this ‘hard work’ ethic. Irrespective of Citys financial dealings (who cared about that back in the day) some of their football is superb to watch. De Bryune was sublime last night - I was cheering for Arsenal last night . I think Citys work ethic stifled them though. I still love to watch the game. I don’t enjoy the banter so much anymore as all my victims have copped on but I will watch the following teams whenever they appear on live matches and usually highly enjoy it. City, Liverpool, Utd, Brighton , Leeds , Spurs (for the crazy drama) .

I could pick the bones out of most sports really. However I’ll still watch the big game’s and the entertaining teams. Shankly was wrong though, it’s not more important than……
                                                            I think Leicester will be referenced for all time as “proof” that it’s not about money. They were the proverbial 100/1 shot where the favourites fell in bizarre circumstances.

But it is about the money. Look at who is consistently winning titles and European Cups and how quickly an injection of real cash can turn around a club like Newcastle.

The money also attracts the coaches and can build a support structure from top to bottom that makes it all fit together. Liverpool invested a lot of money into all of that and Klopp was backed. Probably just a very good run of variance in the transfer market meeting an excellent coach with a clear structure and idea of the players they wanted. But they can’t reload and sustain it year in, year out.

Utd have been terribly run, everything about them is disjointed. The new owners will follow the blueprint their peers have followed and get the running of the place right and then just throw so much money at the issue it becomes overwhelming. And then they’ll get whatever coach they need of Ten Haag doesn’t prove to be it.

But look, I hear what you’re saying and approaching it in terms of entertainment seems a healthy attitude. The whole machine will keep going no matter what happens, I think Qatar has laid any notions to the contrary to rest.

Comment

Yeah watched Doug Polk’s vids on the grudge match. Nik airball always seems to be playing terribly on those hustler streams, so I don’t really understand what his story or background is.
                                                              His story is pretty strange. I think a year prior to getting on the Hustler live stream he was playing in much, much lower stakes games. It is hard to believe he has a backer given how bad he seems at the game. He lost a million dollar pot on the Huslter live stream trying to bluff rampage and then showed up the week after at the Berkey heads-up match with a million on the table.

There is some other wild stuff going on between Doug and JNandez where they had a falling out years ago and Doug buried him with his platform and completely smeared his name. JNandez took him to court and won a case against him and has in the last few days been tweeting out tonnes of stuff that makes Doug look very bad. Berkey to rub salt in the wound had him on his podcast the other day to tell all.

Drama central but should make for a fun atmosphere at that cash game later

Comment

I don't know exactly why but Airball and Berkey are playing a heads-up match at the moment I think because Airball called Berkey a scammer so to prove himself as a poker player he gets this amazing spot against Nik who as far as I can tell is a huge whale where they are playing 200/400 every week for the next month. Somehow Polk is involved in all this and he and Berkey hate each other and Doug was going to train Airball for the match but seems to have backed out of that when he realized how bad Nik is at the poker. He and Matt though have some ongoing beef, Pearson also now wants to play Berkey's heads-ups up and also thinks he is a scammer . . . .

If you think Soccer is a soap opera for men you ain't seen anything, welcome to Poker in 2023
                                                                What time is it starting? Have been following it a bit on Twitter and it seems like basically everyone involved is a dick.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

What time is it starting? Have been following it a bit on Twitter and it seems like basically everyone involved is a dick.
                                                                  Oh, ffs they just added Lyne to the lineup. She is Berkey's ex-girlfriend I think that is 10 pm our time from the below tweet.

Comment

welcome to Poker in 2023
                                                                    I find it pretty hard to believe that on other occasions, these games are paid content.

As you say, welcome to Poker in 2023

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

I find it pretty hard to believe that on other occasions, these games are paid content.

As you say, welcome to Poker in 2023
                                                                      In fairness, it is a package deal and I don't think PokerGO is that expensive. It is like 5 or 10 bucks a month. For that you get full coverage of the world series, all the high-roller events, and high-stakes cash games including high-stakes poker. It is really a subscription to watch all poker content that is going on for a month. Networks no longer wanted the content after Poker sites where forced to leave America so without them there would be very little poker content.

Comment

Maybe you're thinking of bolt, what.CD was very different
                                                                        Ah right you are
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

You'd have more fun watching my U8 team than the EPL most of the time. The moment last week when we had a 2 on 1 and instead of trying to shoot he actually passed it inside and we scored was almost up the with Solksjaer in Camp Nou for me

Comment

I dont really pay much attention to all the transfer talk and stuff but would it not be the case that a lot of the core players in that City team could easily have been signed by a good few of the other English teams at the time. Thinking of the likes of Dias, Rodri, Bernardo, Mahrez, Gundogan, KDB etc (i.e. is a lot of their success down to good recruitment?

Same possibly applies to Liverpool with Mane, Salah, VVD etc etc

Comment

Does sportswashing actually work? As in, do people worldwide actually change their mind about Saudi Arabia, Qatar, etc... just because they bankroll a championship-winning team or a successful tournament? I would have thought no, the massive investment doesn't change the dial that much; the dirty money brings success but everyone still knows how dodgy the origin of that money is and dislikes the men or regime behind it all. The Qatar World Cup ended up a success, but fuck Qatar. Likewise Newcastle now have an amazing team, but fuck the Saudis. Putin and the Kinehans threw a lot of effort into sportswashing, don't think it worked for either.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                Does sportswashing actually work? As in, do people worldwide actually change their mind about Saudi Arabia, Qatar, etc... just because they bankroll a championship-winning team or a successful tournament? I would have thought no, the massive investment doesn't change the dial that much; the dirty money brings success but everyone still knows how dodgy the origin of that money is and dislikes the men or regime behind it all. The Qatar World Cup ended up a success, but fuck Qatar. Likewise Newcastle now have an amazing team, but fuck the Saudis. Putin and the Kinehans threw a lot of effort into sportswashing, don't think it worked for either.
                                                                                Fair point . Even Chelskis KGB billionaire murderer was accepted . The fans in the stand just wanna escape for a couple of hours . Red jerseys over fat bellies abound in the pubs every week

Comment

I would say “yes”. People posit the question in a big way as in does it make people think these countries are normalised western places. The reality is very subtle and incredibly nuanced imo, the very fact these states own football clubs normalises them in the back of the minds of people. We see these people in media related to their clubs and it tacitly legitimises them in western media.

Moreover it establishes legitimate reasons for these people and their associates to be in western states, and extends their network, etc.

Finally, so long as the TV deals continue to hold up it’s not a major loss. So the price is reasonable in the context of what it achieves

Comment

Best Irish rugby team ever. The way they did the World Cup draw is outrageous.

I think that’s the thing also - the GAA is more of a communal event. Both genders enjoy it, there’s a bit of craic around watching it and having a drink after, etc.
                                                                                    I would have said out of football, GAA and rugby, rugby has the highest interest level from women. No scientific data to back that up, more so based on the numbers of women you'd see at games and watching games on TV.

Comment

Moreover it establishes legitimate reasons for these people and their associates to be in western states, and extends their network, etc.
                                                                                      That's a good point.

Comment

I find being into fantasy football and small scale punting on matches I watch results in the EPL being as enjoyable as ever for me. Mind you, I couldn't care less who owns a team, and enjoy watching teams made up of some of the best players in the world.

Comment

It's not really about the common person changing their mind, it's about convincing enough western business executives that they can work with the ME without fear of repercussion/have plausible deniability.
                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I would have said out of football, GAA and rugby, rugby has the highest interest level from women. No scientific data to back that up, more so based on the numbers of women you'd see at games and watching games on TV.
                                                                                            Well my equally unscientific and anecdotal take is women are out on the session for the GAA in the same way as the lads. I think Rugby is good too on this point, and they’re both far better than football which is lads lads lads orientated in the main.

Comment

For all the Android golfers in here, we'll be getting an Android app to market in about 4/5 weeks time. The waitlist had become too deafening so we bit the bullet.
                                                                                              I am hoping to see some IPB swings in there, I know GAB has a funny oul set up and I've got the perfect professional in mind for him.
                                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I am not much of a gamer but the stuff for the new unreal engine has been popping up on my youtube feed and it is so sick looking. You are talking about photorealistic gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

lovely, but the investment deck never arrived. Got to give a piece of the action to strategic investors, I don't know, like somebody who manages strategy, product, pricing, customer and so on in a very large multi geographic digital B2C environment.
                                                                                                  I don’t know anyone like that that I trust. Any recos?

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                    For all the Android golfers in here, we'll be getting an Android app to market in about 4/5 weeks time. The waitlist had become too deafening so we bit the bullet.
                                                                                                    I am hoping to see some IPB swings in there, I know GAB has a funny oul set up and I've got the perfect professional in mind for him.
                                                                                                    I downloaded it last week, I’ll have to submit something soon. I haven’t played all that much in the last couple of months.

The guy I mentioned to you before who was doing lessons for 20e is studying for his PGA license now so can’t get him.

Are you getting much traction on this side of the pond?

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

I downloaded it last week, I’ll have to submit something soon. I haven’t played all that much in the last couple of months.

The guy I mentioned to you before who was doing lessons for 20e is studying for his PGA license now so can’t get him.

Are you getting much traction on this side of the pond?
                                                                                                      Lots, it’s a much diff market to over here mind. Cabana and US have their idiosyncrasies but are somewhat similar. UK and IRE are a different beast and Aus NZ SA sort of similar. Korean is super interesting

Have a bunch of euro specific promo upcoming soon.

Comment

Lots, it’s a much diff market to over here mind. Cabana and US have their idiosyncrasies but are somewhat similar. UK and IRE are a different beast and Aus NZ SA sort of similar. Korean is super interesting

if you need help with France give me a shout. moving to Switzerland in the summer so may have some time on my hands

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

if you need help with France give me a shout. moving to Switzerland in the summer so may have some time on my hands
                                                                                                          Cheers Shrap. You might regret that!

Comment

Have you considered branching out into other sports? I can think of some that would be suitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

ha ha, ya harsh fcker

(that is me btw)
                                                                                                              Nah, I know I’m jk. We will be doing a round soon so keep some powder dry and I’ll shoot you deck once I’ve got things together.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Have you considered branching out into other sports? I can think of some that would be suitable.
                                                                                                                Ya baseball is already something we’ve got some work put into. There are others but market is small enough to be more of a distraction right now than a realistic channel.

I’m all ears btw.

Comment

Need to organise an emergency airdrop of Stephen Pinker books and Factfulness over Khartoum
                                                                                                                  Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Ya baseball is already something we’ve got some work put into. There are others but market is small enough to be more of a distraction right now than a realistic channel.

I’m all ears btw.
                                                                                                                    That's a good point about the market; I'd imagine golf players have the highest disposable income and propensity to spend than in any other sport.

I went to a batting cage recently and really enjoyed it, the coach was great, and I hit almost every ball, humiliating my Venezuelan date.

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                        That is insane. It is exactly the type of thing I was talking about when I said companies are being built with AI/Robotics from the ground up that will come for traditional companies.

People see their jobs as currently irreplaceable because they can't imagine a machine doing what they currently do but that is not how it will happen and in most cases instead, it is going to be a world built for AI and robotics which we can't imagine that replaces everything.

Not sure if it was posted here already but the same guy did a good video on AI recently.

Last edited by Opr; 27-04-23, 18:34.

Comment

Looks like that cash game doesn't start streaming till 11pm.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X