Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleepy Joe going for another term - declared officially.

Surely the most underrated politician of our times. Him and Angela Merkel.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I think Hitch was backing him at lower prices. He did seem to have all the momentum but Trump has successfully boxed him in with his usual tactic of denigration. This thing of the 6 week abortion ban in Florida is a massive turnoff for the wider electorate too.

I might start backing Nikki Haley at big prices. In the hope that Trump's legal woes eat him up and the GOP starts looking for someone slightly less extreme\more electable.
      The only thing that will stop Trump winning the nomination is if he drops dead or has a serious health setback. None of the legal challenges (unless I'm wrong about this) he is likely to face in the next 18 months will disqualify him from running, and he won't pull out. No Rep can beat him in a primary.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

The only thing that will stop Trump winning the nomination is if he drops dead or has a serious health setback. None of the legal challenges (unless I'm wrong about this) he is likely to face in the next 18 months will disqualify him from running, and he won't pull out. No Rep can beat him in a primary.
        'greatest witchhunt in history' etc etc etc

hey, if the plebs keep swallowing it the Dems will be delighted. Biden will beat him bigger this time if it's a rematch.

Comment

'greatest witchhunt in history' etc etc etc

hey, if the plebs keep swallowing it the Dems will be delighted. Biden will beat him bigger this time if it's a rematch.
          I hope so. The margins last time out were pretty razor thin really in a few states, and while I don't think Trump would beat Biden, there are a couple of ways where he might. Trump is toxic for sure, but American politics is a fucked up place now.

Comment

Biden 6/4
            Trump 11/4
            DeS 5/1 and drifting

Name your own prices the rest....

Comment

Biden 6/4
              Trump 11/4
              DeS 5/1 and drifting

Name your own prices the rest....
              Looking on PP there, the prices don't make sense to me.

Winning Party
              Republican 5/6
              Democrat 10/11
              Any Other 25/1

Election Winner
              Joe Biden 11/8
              Donald Trump 5/2
              Ron DeSantis 5/1
              Kamala Harris 25/1
              Robert F.Kennedy Jr 33/1
              Nikki Haley 33/1

Looks to me like the market (and I'm aware that PP probably doesn't have massive liability here) is essentially saying they wouldn't be surprised if Biden doesn't actually get to the ballot even though he is 1/10 for the nomination. Also hedging on Trump not being the candidate despite the fact that he is 1/2 for it.

That's the problem I guess with 2 oldies, one of which is under indictment.

Comment

Looking on PP there, the prices don't make sense to me.

Winning Party
                Republican 5/6
                Democrat 10/11
                Any Other 25/1

Election Winner
                Joe Biden 11/8
                Donald Trump 5/2
                Ron DeSantis 5/1
                Kamala Harris 25/1
                Robert F.Kennedy Jr 33/1
                Nikki Haley 33/1

Looks to me like the market (and I'm aware that PP probably doesn't have massive liability here) is essentially saying they wouldn't be surprised if Biden doesn't actually get to the ballot even though he is 1/10 for the nomination. Also hedging on Trump not being the candidate despite the fact that he is 1/2 for it.

That's the problem I guess with 2 oldies, one of which is under indictment.
                If the President declares for the nomination, he gets it. That's an iron rule of modern politics. So Biden is a lock, barring death\disability or something equally dramatic.
                The only president in modern history who faced a serious challenge was Ford in 1976, and he still ended up fending off Reagan, one of the great vote getters of our time.

Trump is much more problematic and, in my view, the GOP doesn't know WTF they want to be. If they continue to let the crazy wing drive everything, then they lose. The problem is DeS doesn't exactly look like a winner anymore. He did in November 2022 but a lot of water has flowed under the bridge since!

Comment

If the President declares for the nomination, he gets it. That's an iron rule of modern politics. So Biden is a lock, barring death\disability or something equally dramatic.
                  The only president in modern history who faced a serious challenge was Ford in 1976, and he still ended up fending off Reagan, one of the great vote getters of our time.

Trump is much more problematic and, in my view, the GOP doesn't know WTF they want to be. If they continue to let the crazy wing drive everything, then they lose. The problem is DeS doesn't exactly look like a winner anymore. He did in November 2022 but a lot of water has flowed under the bridge since!
                  If Trump runs though, he wins the nomination, the republican party can't stop him. Only death/disability or being in prison can stop him winning it.

Comment

If Trump runs though, he wins the nomination, the republican party can't stop him. Only death/disability or being in prison can stop him winning it.
                    I think he's the favourite. But he's most definitely not a certainty for the nomination, in the way that Biden is.

The best hope for the non-Trumpers is for the contest to be reduced to two as quickly as possible. And for Candidate #2 to present themselves as the electable face of the GOP.

Comment

1980 surely. Jimmy Carter and Ted Kennedy.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

1980 surely. Jimmy Carter and Ted Kennedy.
                        That wasn't particularly close?

Comment

That wasn't particularly close?
                          It was still contested though which eat up financial resources on the Carter side and caused needless division in the Dem Party. I don't think the supporters of TK ever rallied behind Carter, which generally the losers do. TK did win a few biggies, I think New York & California (and obviously the Boston state that I can't spell) which wasn't a good look for a Democratic incumbent either. Could argue TK killed off whatever slim chance Carter had, though I guess Reagan was probably going to win regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                            A Japanese company is attempting to land on the moon tomorrow - https://mashable.com/article/moon-la...space-hakuto-r
                            Looks like they didnt make it.
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

I think he's the favourite. But he's most definitely not a certainty for the nomination, in the way that Biden is.

The best hope for the non-Trumpers is for the contest to be reduced to two as quickly as possible. And for Candidate #2 to present themselves as the electable face of the GOP.
                              I don't understand how you can think that any Rep will beat Trump. Most will be afraid to line up against him. Some will, some of whom will be doing it probably with his blessing to an extent as part of the process. He has too much of a grip on the large minority of loonies to not win over the primary as a whole.

Comment

I don't understand how you can think that any Rep will beat Trump. Most will be afraid to line up against him. Some will, some of whom will be doing it probably with his blessing to an extent as part of the process. He has too much of a grip on the large minority of loonies to not win over the primary as a whole.
                                12457174_0.png
                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Your first statement was to the effect that we now have cheaper goods solely because of slavery. Now you are retreating that remark to the fact that most multinationals have slaves in their supply chain. This isn't true, but it is a lot more defensible, and then even within that sentence, you move your position back to, ok, not actual "slavery", but workers are paid a pittance. At this rate of progress, I expect you to be trying to resurrect the progressive democrats by next week!

As for the workers being paid a pittance, this, too, does not fit in well with the available data. As was pointed out last time, the last century of globalisation moved more people out of poverty than ever before. Multinational supply chains mean people get paid more than they did before, not less. Take a look at how the average standard of living has improved in countries like China, Vietnam or Indonesia. "Indonesia has made enormous gains in poverty reduction, cutting the poverty rate by more than half since 1999, to under 10 per cent in 2019 before the COVID-19 pandemic hit"

I chose those three countries because they are all massive, are where many supply chains end up and have seen enormous improvements in living standards (and pay!).

Indonesia is now one of Asia Pacific’s most vibrant democracies that has maintained political stability and emerged as a confident middle-income country.

https://www.worldbank.org/en/news/pr...wed-world-bank
                                  Don't think I back-tracked at all. Not moving my position either. More clarifying the general direction of what I was stating. And maybe you have a much thinner definition of what a slave is. I would consider all the migrant workers in the middle east to practically be slaves. They are coerced into it. Just one example.
                                  My more broad point is this:
                                  If you look into how almost all the goods in major supermarkets are sourced, produced, etc... you would probably find something grossly unethical along the way. How Mondelez gets it's hazelnuts for Nutella, how Nestle sources it's chocolate, or what goes behind the production of most olive oils. Some corners are cut, workers out-sourced, child slaves picking fruit or something. There is always something. And yet if you want to shop 'ethically', the prices are just plain unaffordable. But wages are too low for everyone to try boycott the big chains. But they have to be kept low. That ensure whatever pittance the majority are paid will still flow right back into the same pockets.

Sure these massive corporations will throw a few pennies down to the poor people - sure it's more than they had before.

I could almost certainly do a better job of making my point more coherently but hopefully the gist of what I'm getting at is clear.

Comment

Election tampering, tax fraud, misfiling of election funds are one thing but rape. That’s a crime that your blue collar worker and all out racist alike can understand.

The Qanon fanatics are only part of the base. A big chunk of republicans are just country, god and family conservatives in that order,

The republicans must have some moderate by us standards politicians or a Reganesq puppet for the old school gop to write lines for waiting in the wings. They hate him much more than the dems.

Comment

Diehard American Trumper in work backs up Richiems assertions . One down anway.

Comment

Posted in one of the Irish forums on Reddit.

My mother married my stepfather and they have since divorced but I (28/M) still live on my stepfathers land in a mobile home as me and my partner are currently saving to build a house. My stepfather is getting old and wanted to sign all the land over to me but my solicitor said it’s impossible as I’m technically stranger blood and would only be allowed a 16k tax free gift and I am also too old to be adopted by him. We left the solicitors office scratching our heads and joked about getting married to avoid the large inheritance tax but that got me thinking as it’s not actually a bad idea, I told my partner and she was cool with it if it avoids me being stressed by this large financial burden and when my stepfather does die we could technically still get married in a church. Is this a good idea or would there be hidden disadvantages to this idea in the long run? Thanks for reading

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                          Posted in one of the Irish forums on Reddit.
                                          That sounds like someone who might want to ring revenue or chat with another solicitor for a second opinion.

They should check again if they can in fact fall into Cat A inheritance which allows for step children to be taxed in the same way a biological or an adopted child would be. I think there is a reasonable amount of leeway given in these circumstances.

Criteria here
                                          Last edited by Murdrum; 26-04-23, 04:00.

Comment

Your first statement was to the effect that we now have cheaper goods solely because of slavery. Now you are retreating that remark to the fact that most multinationals have slaves in their supply chain. This isn't true, but it is a lot more defensible, and then even within that sentence, you move your position back to, ok, not actual "slavery", but workers are paid a pittance. At this rate of progress, I expect you to be trying to resurrect the progressive democrats by next week!

As for the workers being paid a pittance, this, too, does not fit in well with the available data. As was pointed out last time, the last century of globalisation moved more people out of poverty than ever before. Multinational supply chains mean people get paid more than they did before, not less. Take a look at how the average standard of living has improved in countries like China, Vietnam or Indonesia. "Indonesia has made enormous gains in poverty reduction, cutting the poverty rate by more than half since 1999, to under 10 per cent in 2019 before the COVID-19 pandemic hit"

I chose those three countries because they are all massive, are where many supply chains end up and have seen enormous improvements in living standards (and pay!).

Indonesia is now one of Asia Pacific’s most vibrant democracies that has maintained political stability and emerged as a confident middle-income country.

https://www.worldbank.org/en/news/pr...wed-world-bank
                                            I flicking through audible -about to cancel, again- and I saw one of their links at the bottom referred to as “modern day slavery”.

Clicked on given it was raised here and first paragraph stated that as of 2017, 40m people globally were in situations of modern day slavery.

Not taking either side of the discussion or anything, I just thought it was interesting that the terminology was used on the site.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Election tampering, tax fraud, misfiling of election funds are one thing but rape. That’s a crime that your blue collar worker and all out racist alike can understand.

The Qanon fanatics are only part of the base. A big chunk of republicans are just country, god and family conservatives in that order,

The republicans must have some moderate by us standards politicians or a Reganesq puppet for the old school gop to write lines for waiting in the wings. They hate him much more than the dems.
                                              Do you honestly think is he loses this civil case (much lower bar for guilt than a criminal case) that t would ruin his reputation with the deplorables, as Hilary so correctly put it?

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

I flicking through audible -about to cancel, again- and I saw one of their links at the bottom referred to as “modern day slavery”.
                                                Keep meaning to cancel it too.
                                                Is there cousins for audiobooks?

Comment

Seen as we are on a Music King vibe
                                                  Been learning Michelle by the Beatles for a wee personal reason. I’ve always liked the simple opening riff and the slow subtle pace changes in it. However what I never really appreciated before (as a non drummer) was Ringo’s perfect timing and feel. A very underrated drummer. Must be because he’s left handed . Anyhoo, what a beautifully crafted song. The docu on Disney ‘get back’ was awesome. Their creativity, voices and continuous improvement as a band was quite something. I think when they broke up it they were peak Beatles and I can only imagine (pardon the pun) what would have followed if they stayed together (and not murdered each other).

Last edited by Solksjaer!; 26-04-23, 08:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

There's a website called mobilism that has a decent amount of stuff although it's mostly through current day versions of those crappy rapidgator type links

Comment

I know it is definitely remarked on a lot, but equally easy to forget... how in the hell has the United States found itself likely having the same decision to make for its next president as the last time around - two OAPs, each four years older than in 2020! It is MAD that the choice will probably be between an 81-year-old and a 78-year-old. It should boggle the mind and make everyone there pause. Find a few spring chickens in their 60s, FFS.

Comment

Ted Cruz is pond scum but this story is nothing.
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Next two music kings up, funk and folk

P1 Both picks fit the genre , the Staples doing it funky https://youtu.be/D9rh3JTvvlk Marvin at his funkiest https://youtu.be/5ZnrZnFSlWU P2 Just pure, filthy, dripping funk. The drums are tight, the clavinet has never, ever been sexier, and the lyrics' vibe and tone will need you to open a window later to let the

https://www.irishpokerboards.com/for...c-king-r1-folk
                                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 26-04-23, 13:53.

Comment

does anyone still use private cousins for tv?

I've let most of my mine lapse, only have one left and it doesn't really have everything.

I think most of those sites have died (What.cd, Waffles, Baconbits etc).

Comment

Do you honestly think is he loses this civil case (much lower bar for guilt than a criminal case) that t would ruin his reputation with the deplorables, as Hilary so correctly put it?
                                                              Some of them are hardcore and will rationalise any Trump negativity away. In fact the more findings against him, the more hardcore they are likely to become!

They don't matter. The people who matter are GOP voters who are on the margins and may switch their support to a more palatable candidate.

Let's see.

Comment

Jesus, what.cd is gone since 2016, I'm getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

I've let most of my mine lapse, only have one left and it doesn't really have everything.

I am still using iptorrents. Been using it for almost a decade now and it has everything. I don't have any invites at the moment but I think a few others here use it that might have one.

Comment

Why bother, can type what you want into a search box inside the client and it's there. Luckily a guy in work has a business internet connection and everything ever set to download automatically and go on his plex server, so can just stream whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

FFS, the app mobile desktop wouldn’t allow me add the 2 for 1 with my unused credit so I said I’d come back this evening and of course this months credit has just been added

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Why bother, can type what you want into a search box inside the client and it's there. Luckily a guy in work has a business internet connection and everything ever set to download automatically and go on his plex server, so can just stream whatever.
                                                                        I'm old Tar Which client are you referring to?

Comment

I'm old Tar Which client are you referring to?
                                                                          Prob QBitorrent, unless he's a Mac head.

btw, your thread links above are sending me to youtube.
                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I'm off to Seville tomorrow, only heard today it's known as the frying pan of Spain.
                                                                            Can you buy factor 100?
                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

What Spanishy things should I try eat? What's the local beer/spirit?
                                                                              Was pescetarian for a few years but meats back on the menu boys.
                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                Try loads of things, what's the worst that could happen.

Comment

Yeah just a client like QBitorrent, it comes populated with a list of a dozen places to search, and you can add other trackers. Just go to the search section and look for what you want, it will check them all. Lookup "search plugins" if not happy with results. Also this is a thing: https://github.com/Jackett/Jackett
                                                                                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 26-04-23, 15:20.

Comment

Reminds me of when as a young buck i got outraged by being served cold soup.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Reminds me of when as a young buck i got outraged by being served cold soup.
                                                                                      You and your three mates, Gaz, Patch and Joe.
                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Try loads of things, what's the worst that could happen.
                                                                                        Safe enough to just buy a leg of serrano ham i'd say.
                                                                                        Last the weekend. Chomp away. Be grand.
                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

You and your three mates, Gaz, Patch and Joe.
                                                                                          Genuinely was disgusted - never heard of such a thing before that . Still think its gross .

Comment

Safe enough to just buy a leg of serrano ham i'd say.
                                                                                            Last the weekend. Chomp away. Be grand.
                                                                                            Perfect! Bag of oranges too for the vitamin C, since you're in Seville and all.

Comment

Genuinely, the standard play with most of the lads on the trip is to bang down an Imodium day 1 and then let everything go with a Senakot near day 4/5.
                                                                                              Dunno is my stomach different or I just continue to eat the same stuff in general where I go.
                                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Genuinely, the standard play with most of the lads on the trip is to bang down an Imodium day 1 and then let everything go with a Senakot near day 4/5.
                                                                                                Dunno is my stomach different or I just continue to eat the same stuff in general where I go.
                                                                                                Spain isn't one of those countries where imodium is compulsory to bring along tbh. just try as many tapas as you want. they're all small plates anyway so no big issue if one isn't to your liking. definitely pig out on pata negra, and gaspacho is just pure bliss tbh. add lots of croutons

Comment

Ah heyor, they were taking precautions in Portugal as well ffs!
                                                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Why? Do they all get assplosions otherwise?

Comment

GL to team Strewel at Punchestown

Comment

Google's earnings out yesterday, headcount up (!?!), margins down, revenue up less than inflation, but Sundar got a nice chunky 225m pay packet last year. It seems like they did some financial shenanigans to boost their quarter's earnings, extending depreciation and moving stock-based compensation. I'd put money on there being a new CEO there by this time next year.

Comment

Go to

rinconcillo….oldest bar in seville, has been there for like 500 years or something in one format or another. will be busy but you can normally eat at the bar, just ask for a beer and they’ll give you the local stuff. Try the 5 ‘surgencias’ (recommendations) on the front of the menu, just tapa size. If you want something bigger then the beef cheeks (carrillada) are really good.

calle Mateos gago (back of the cathedral)
                                                                                                          quite touristy there but two places have decent prices
                                                                                                          1. las columintas, on a corner with tables outside and around the side of it. Try the pringá montadito (small sandwich which is a mix of meat and morcilla (black pudding to you and I) basically) and the espinacas con garbanzos (spinach & white beans) it’s a local dish pretty tasty, but again knock yourself out..most things are good on their menu. You can also try the flamenquin, it’s pretty small here but cheap and if you like it then you can get one the size of your forearm in Cafe Santa Marta in Plaza de San andrés (flamenquin is essentially a meat stuffed with cheese and chorizo and then battered over. Comes in various forms depending on what you like.

2. El Peregil, almost right beside las columitas. Have a glass of vino naranja (it’s pretty sweet but you should try it) filete merluza (hake fillet) and camerones (battered shrimp) both excellent

Outside out of food, definitely go see Plaza España and have a wander around.

you’ll be there for the last few days of the Seville fair (which is huge) so expect crowds everywhere details here

https://www.sevilla.org/fiestas-de-l...lla/feria-2023

you’ve got the cathedral, alcazar, river cruises, flamenco shows, museums (some of which are free entry for EU citizens) etc…depends what you’re into

oh and if you’re bored of beer you can drink vermouth.

fancy something a little more extravagant go to Premium bar seville (C. José Luis de Casso, 52, 41005 Sevilla, beside the sevilla stadium) for cocktails and more spirits than you can shake a stick at up to and including mccallan 30 etc
                                                                                                          Last edited by Iago; 26-04-23, 17:29.
                                                                                                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Is anyone following the chess world championship? I think everyone expected it to be a damp squib without Magnus playing but it has been the most exciting in many years. I guess the relative strength of the players being more equal helps that because Magnus has always been a fair amount ahead of the field so it often feels like a foregone conclusion. Watching his greatest is a different kind of enjoyment from the excitement that the current match is providing being a much more close encounter.

It is best of 14 with the game today below at 6-5 in the match to Nepo. The game is nuts for a match at this level.

Last edited by Opr; 26-04-23, 17:34.

Comment

like every time they travel?

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                Is anyone following the chess world championship? I think everyone expected it to be a damp squib without Magnus playing but it has been the most exciting in many years. I guess the relative strength of the players being more equal helps that because Magnus has always been a fair amount ahead of the field so it often feels like a foregone conclusion. Watching his greatest is a different kind of enjoyment from the excitement that the current match is providing being a much more close encounter.

It is best of 14 with the game today below at 6-5 in the match to Nepo. The game is nuts for a match at this level.

I saw one of his poker clips recently. Are those celebrity poker games with the youtubers and chess players actually playing for $$$? For the actual stakes they say they are? They always seem to flippant for it to be for real $$$. It wouldn't surprise me if they cross booked at as 1/2 game instead of are 100/200 game.

Comment

like every time they travel?
                                                                                                                  that's just crazy tbh. Spent 10 days in Egypt, even swam in the Nile and not a bother on the whole family.

Comment

I saw one of his poker clips recently. Are those celebrity poker games with the youtubers and chess players actually playing for $$$? For the actual stakes they say they are? They always seem to flippant for it to be for real $$$. It wouldn't surprise me if they cross booked at as 1/2 game instead of are 100/200 game.
                                                                                                                    In the Hustler casino youtube/chess creator game, it also had poker players in Keating, Hellmuth, and Dwan so it was definitely on the up and up. They were playing 200/400 Mr. Beast has obviously got infinite money and he was spraying it around with no trouble in that game. Botex said WPT gave her the buy-in for the game so not sure if the other players were put in the game too, she won 500k in that game alone!

I haven't seen Levy playing much if any high-stakes poker. I know he plays some poker but not in the bigger games. Again though I think that is more cause he is sensible about his skill level as he would have the money cause he is probably the biggest content creator in the chess space. He does a youtube video every day and they get around a million views a video with tons of partnerships and promotions on top of his ad revenue.

Some of the numbers for sponsorship seem insane. TrainWreckTV is one of the biggest streamers on Twitch and also now fronts kick.com which is a mental story but I can't find the post on Reddit about it. He basically fronts it for stake.com the site sponsoring people to play slots on Twitch which got banned so they set up kick.com. They even sponsor an F! team which shows how insanely profitable these gambling streams must be for sites. The whole story is mental and wish I could find it. Anyway, he said recently that Americans Card Room was offering big streamers 500k to play poker on stream. I am not clear but I presume this is to do a certain number of streams over a year. Hasan another content creator confirmed the same thing on his stream.

I am pretty sure they are all just very rich from content and can afford to donk around with other creators.

Last edited by Opr; 26-04-23, 18:42.

Comment

Title decider about to happen - https://youtu.be/PdaaGlyu7EQ

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post

Go to

rinconcillo….oldest bar in seville, has been there for like 500 years or something in one format or another. will be busy but you can normally eat at the bar, just ask for a beer and they’ll give you the local stuff. Try the 5 ‘surgencias’ (recommendations) on the front of the menu, just tapa size. If you want something bigger then the beef cheeks (carrillada) are really good.

calle Mateos gago (back of the cathedral)
                                                                                                                        quite touristy there but two places have decent prices
                                                                                                                        1. las columintas, on a corner with tables outside and around the side of it. Try the pringá montadito (small sandwich which is a mix of meat and morcilla (black pudding to you and I) basically) and the espinacas con garbanzos (spinach & white beans) it’s a local dish pretty tasty, but again knock yourself out..most things are good on their menu. You can also try the flamenquin, it’s pretty small here but cheap and if you like it then you can get one the size of your forearm in Cafe Santa Marta in Plaza de San andrés (flamenquin is essentially a meat stuffed with cheese and chorizo and then battered over. Comes in various forms depending on what you like.

2. El Peregil, almost right beside las columitas. Have a glass of vino naranja (it’s pretty sweet but you should try it) filete merluza (hake fillet) and camerones (battered shrimp) both excellent

Outside out of food, definitely go see Plaza España and have a wander around.

you’ll be there for the last few days of the Seville fair (which is huge) so expect crowds everywhere details here

https://www.sevilla.org/fiestas-de-l...lla/feria-2023

you’ve got the cathedral, alcazar, river cruises, flamenco shows, museums (some of which are free entry for EU citizens) etc…depends what you’re into

oh and if you’re bored of beer you can drink vermouth.

fancy something a little more extravagant go to Premium bar seville (C. José Luis de Casso, 52, 41005 Sevilla, beside the sevilla stadium) for cocktails and more spirits than you can shake a stick at up to and including mccallan 30 etc
                                                                                                                        That class, youdaman.

Errr now I've been reliably informed that we we spend a grand total of 9 hours in Seville, and will be mostly based out of Jerez.
                                                                                                                        Assume the nosh and booze recommendations stay similar?
                                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X