Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems pretty late for that! Is any of the stuff you ordered on general sale yet? The stuff I ordered popped up on the website a couple of weeks before I was invoiced.

Comment

Spurs are the most Spursie team in the Spursiverse

Pray for Hotspur

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
        Seems pretty late for that! Is any of the stuff you ordered on general sale yet? The stuff I ordered popped up on the website a couple of weeks before I was invoiced.
        One of them is not up for general sale yet from what I can see.

Will drop them an e-mail in the morning to see what's going on.

Comment

Anybody have a decent understanding of the tax implications when somebody becomes a company director with an equity share? Including implications on retirement. Talking about capital rather income taxes.

Say somebody joins a company as a director, and is awarded a 10% share in the company.
          10 years later they retire and sell their share back to the company for $600k.

Q1. Is the acquisition of shares considered a gift and therefore subject to CAT? Or is it considered income or anything else?

Q3. Do the existing shareholder(s) pay CGT on the disposal of shares to the new director? Even though they are disposed of for €0 as this is below market value?

I assume there are some sort of tax relief schemes for those situations. But can’t quite figure it out.
          It just seems that it’s highly unlikely that they’d charge tax on the disposal, acquisition, then subsequent disposal. If there was one. But then again, Irish CGT is excessive in general
          Last edited by Mellor; 03-04-23, 23:56.

Comment

John Murdoch with another good thread, I’d guess West Virginia line here with a reasonably high correlation to what GoodLuck shared the other day regarding opioid issue.

More in the whole thread but I thought this graph was particularly telling:

TBF, this one is probably even more frightening:

Last edited by Murdrum; 04-04-23, 06:39.

Comment

Ah Gimmeabreak

Comment

those graphs remind me of this website. some great ones on there

Correlation is not causation: thousands of charts of real data showing actual correlations between ridiculous variables.

Comment

Mellor that €150 PLO is showing as cancelled on the website

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                    Ah Gimmeabreak
                    Well done GAB

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

En Primeur wine?

I haven't got word of mine shipping yet. They were a bit late shipping last year as well.

2022 releases should start coming out in the next month or so.
                      Ah man I spent so much time clicking around about this stuff last year but eventually forgot to do it. Will ye let me know when the time is right to start picking stuff out this year please?

Comment

Well done GAB

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                          Well done GAB
                          What's he done well?
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Ah man I spent so much time clicking around about this stuff last year but eventually forgot to do it. Will ye let me know when the time is right to start picking stuff out this year please?

No problem, they usually start to be released around the first week in May with most out within 2 - 3 weeks but there are sometimes a few stragglers that run into June.

I'll ping you a message when I start to see them come out.

Do you know what you want to get?

Comment

Masters dart landed on Mito Periera. 100/1 ew T10. Debutant so has no chance of winning and he’s a Liv head but has been doing well on Liv and was playing well on PGA tour before that. Nearly won the PGA last year so won’t be overawed. DG has him at 22 in their rankings and his overall game should suit here. He’s also a much better putter on Bent greens.
                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Yes-very well done GAB-chopped first event of IO for c.€15k.

Comment

Anybody have a decent understanding of the tax implications when somebody becomes a company director with an equity share? Including implications on retirement. Talking about capital rather income taxes.

Say somebody joins a company as a director, and is awarded a 10% share in the company.

Q1. Is the acquisition of shares considered a gift and therefore subject to CAT? Or is it considered income or anything else?
                                  DEPENDS ON COMPANY VALUE AT TIME OF AWARD. IF >0 THEN A CAPITAL GAIN SO CAPITAL GAINS TAX NOT INCOME TAX

Q3. Do the existing shareholder(s) pay CGT on the disposal of shares to the new director? Even though they are disposed of for €0 as this is below market value?
                                  IF THEY ARE DISPOSING OF SHARES AT A PROFIT THEN YES. IF A NEW SHARE ISSUE THEN NO.

I assume there are some sort of tax relief schemes for those situations. But can’t quite figure it out.
                                  YES.
                                  It just seems that it’s highly unlikely that they’d charge tax on the disposal, acquisition, then subsequent disposal. If there was one. But then again, Irish CGT is excessive in general
                                  Are you talking Ireland?

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                    Masters dart landed on Mito Periera. 100/1 ew T10. Debutant so has no chance of winning and he’s a Liv head but has been doing well on Liv and was playing well on PGA tour before that. Nearly won the PGA last year so won’t be overawed. DG has him at 22 in their rankings and his overall game should suit here. He’s also a much better putter on Bent greens.
                                    Personally gone for Cantlay, Im and Morikawa

Comment

Does anyone know where I could find information on how many levels are played on day 1's in the IO sides? I specifically want to know about the €350 6 max PLO on Saturday. Can't see anything on the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

What's he done well?
                                        Seems like he took home event 1 - 6-max HE

Comment

Originally posted by The Istanbul View Post

Are you talking Ireland?
                                          Yeah, in Ireland. I think I’ve an idea how it could work for the recipient. But the disponer and CGT liability is unclear.

Comment

Gone for Speith

Comment

No problem, they usually start to be released around the first week in May with most out within 2 - 3 weeks but there are sometimes a few stragglers that run into June.

I'll ping you a message when I start to see them come out.

Do you know what you want to get?
                                              I was going to wait a few weeks to admit that I also wanted you to pick it out for me

Comment

I was going to wait a few weeks to admit that I also wanted you to pick it out for me
                                                Can I jump aboard this train too? Feels like something I should have done years ago.

Comment

Smith, Homa, Reed.
                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

How much are you buying? Worth bearing in mind that you probably shouldn't touch them for at least 5 years.

Comment

Rory in a hack canter

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                        Smith, Homa, Reed.
                                                        Saw this the other day regarding Homa. Seems primed for a major, it’s just a question of whether it’s this one.

I want to take Rory but just so short. Homa, Fleetwood, Schauffele, Im

Comment

Think Rory could do it.

My slightly outside bet is Cam Young. Playing some nice stuff at the moment.

Comment

Can I jump aboard this train too? Feels like something I should have done years ago.
                                                            i bought a case of 2021 Château Phélan Ségur, St Estèphe, Bordeaux last year en primeur for a friends 50th . won't be ready for at least 20 years , and we'll probably drink it together anyway when we're 70. feels like a win win

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

i bought a case of 2021 Château Phélan Ségur, St Estèphe, Bordeaux last year en primeur for a friends 50th . won't be ready for at least 20 years , and we'll probably drink it together anyway when we're 70. feels like a win win
                                                              I've a single bottle of the 2015 in my wine fridge. Lots of stuff that I have no memory of where or when I bought them.

St Estephe and St Julien are probably my favourites.

Comment

I've a single bottle of the 2015 in my wine fridge. Lots of stuff that I have no memory of where or when I bought them.

definitely my favourites too. i've drunk this wine numerous times in older vintages as well. 2021 is expected to be a very good one, and i love the thought of enjoying drinking them in 20 years

Comment

What's the site for this 20 year wine??
                                                                  May have landed a 5 figure tender side hustle so need to be prepped for blowing it on wedding wine for the 7 year old
                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Buy En-Primeur wines 2023 and 2022 online, available at Millesima ✅ Careful and fast delivery ✓ Guaranteed provenance ✓ 150,000+ customers

Comment

Trump being charged now.

Comment

Trump being charged now.
                                                                        Jesus, he must be el busto if those lawyers are the best he can afford.

Comment

Be careful of what you wish for. I see him doing a Bobby Sands, though hopefully a less dirty protest.
                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Be careful of what you wish for. I see him doing a Bobby Sands, though hopefully a less dirty protest.
                                                                            He wouldnt last 10 minutes wothout a big mac

Comment

The 2017 Château Phélan Ségur is reduced from €72 to €57.60 at the minute as part of the O'Brien's French wine sale.

Turns out one of my wines hasn't arrived from the vineyard yet and won't arrive until late May/early June and then all will ship together.

Comment

Yeah, no bother. Let me know your budget and I can run through a few things with you when they get released. Below is what I ordered last year, 6x12 bottle cases. Total cost was just over 1300 quid plus VAT & Duty which needs to be paid next year before delivery.

There was a change to the French tax code effective Jan 1st so the 2022 En Primeurs will need to have VAT paid up front, not sure if that includes the Duty as well but either way, it'll be a slightly bigger outlay up front.

Out of the below, the Francs Magnus is the Tuesday wine. Two wines (Leoville and Gruaud Larose) are the 2nd wines of St Julien Second Growths and the other two, Fourcas and Gloria are two wines I really like so always pick them up. All bar the Tuesday wine will be tucked away for anywhere up to 10 years.

2021 En Primeur.PNG

Comment

Well, he's sacked quite a few of them, so considering there is probably a large contingent who wont represent him, he is surely reaching the bottom of the barrel!

Comment

I trust given the amount of various wankery going on eg Wine Wankery . That its time to allow some music Wankery. Some classic from recentish that ive been indulging in lately.

Last edited by Solksjaer!; 04-04-23, 23:31.

Comment

Comment

A standard approach would be for the company to issue new shares to the individual, rather than existing shareholders transferring their existing shares. That is needlessly complicated and inefficient from a tax perspective.

That award of shares to that individual would most likely be an income tax event. The valuation applied to those newly issued shares is key, and quite subjective. There are some reliefs and schemes which can apply to further mitigate this upfront tax.

It’s all quite complex and I’d suggest getting proper advice on it to avoid pitfalls.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                                                                                          Think Rory could do it.

My slightly outside bet is Cam Young. Playing some nice stuff at the moment.
                                                                                          Im a massive Rory guy, despite my posts here. AND a maaaasssssssive Cam Young guy, he has the best swing on tour at the moment imo. His putting is awful. Same as Rory. I just don't think his putting holds up under pressure.

Given the forecast though, this IS rorys best chance.

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post

A standard approach would be for the company to issue new shares to the individual, rather than existing shareholders transferring their existing shares. That is needlessly complicated and inefficient from a tax perspective.

That award of shares to that individual would most likely be an income tax event. The valuation applied to those newly issued shares is key, and quite subjective. There are some reliefs and schemes which can apply to further mitigate this upfront tax.

It’s all quite complex and I’d suggest getting proper advice on it to avoid pitfalls.
                                                                                            Was thinking along the same lines, but best to get professional advice as has implications for all shareholders.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Im a massive Rory guy, despite my posts here. AND a maaaasssssssive Cam Young guy, he has the best swing on tour at the moment imo. His putting is awful. Same as Rory. I just don't think his putting holds up under pressure.

Given the forecast though, this IS rorys best chance.
                                                                                              I thought he putted quite well in the matchplay but then again i reckon the Augusta greens are a very different prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                I trust given the amount of various wankery going on eg Wine Wankery . That its time to allow some music Wankery. Some classic from recentish that ive been indulging in lately.
                                                                                                Must be time for another Music King soon enough.
                                                                                                Can't wait to have my picks taken apart again, no respect for classics around here
                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

They should change the commonly used, yet nonsensical phrase regarding cake to something more realistic given the conversation here.

You can't have your wine and drink it too. Not for 20 years at least.

Comment

Why do you need a referral for a Dexa scan? Seems like something you should be able to get on demand.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                      Why do you need a referral for a Dexa scan? Seems like something you should be able to get on demand.
                                                                                                      I don’t think it’s always the case unless they’ve changed some criteria.

I know numerous people who have done them - one in my house atm - and they didn’t require a referral.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                                        They should change the commonly used, yet nonsensical phrase regarding cake to something more realistic given the conversation here.

You can't have your wine and drink it too. Not for 20 years at least.

It's all about planning really.

If you are into drinking decent wine that is ageable you have to start at some point to buy now for later. There is an initial investment required but it does pay dividend as the wine you buy now and drink in x years time will generally be way cheaper now plus it's quite possible that it might not even be available to purchase further down the line, such is the demand.

An example is the 2021 Chateau Gloria that I posted above - That is €33 plus VAT & Duty so it'll work out at about €44/45 a bottle all in. Baggott St wines have the 2017 vintage priced at €95 a bottle which is a little pricey as I've seen other places sell the 2018 in the €72 - €77 range. Even at the lower end of the retail price, there is a good saving to be made.

While the stuff I buy is decent, I'd be in the hapenny place compared to what people can and do spend on wine.

Comment

My intensive study of the Masters has led me to the pick of Max Homa. Call me a homasexual if he wins.
                                                                                                          Decided his name just isn't stupid enough so switched my loyalty back to Xander. Berate me Sunday if Homer wins.

Comment

It's all about planning really.

If you are into drinking decent wine that is ageable you have to start at some point to buy now for later. There is an initial investment required but it does pay dividend as the wine you buy now and drink in x years time will generally be way cheaper now plus it's quite possible that it might not even be available to purchase further down the line, such is the demand.

An example is the 2021 Chateau Gloria that I posted above - That is €33 plus VAT & Duty so it'll work out at about €44/45 a bottle all in. Baggott St wines have the 2017 vintage priced at €95 a bottle which is a little pricey as I've seen other places sell the 2018 in the €72 - €77 range. Even at the lower end of the retail price, there is a good saving to be made.

While the stuff I buy is decent, I'd be in the hapenny place compared to what people can and do spend on wine.
                                                                                                            I understand wine drinking as much as I understand HJ's music. I'm glad various people get enjoyment from all these things, but they go totally beyond my level of comprehension. Each to their own, etc.

Comment

Yeah, no bother. Let me know your budget and I can run through a few things with you when they get released. Below is what I ordered last year, 6x12 bottle cases. Total cost was just over 1300 quid plus VAT & Duty which needs to be paid next year before delivery.

There was a change to the French tax code effective Jan 1st so the 2022 En Primeurs will need to have VAT paid up front, not sure if that includes the Duty as well but either way, it'll be a slightly bigger outlay up front.

Out of the below, the Francs Magnus is the Tuesday wine. Two wines (Leoville and Gruaud Larose) are the 2nd wines of St Julien Second Growths and the other two, Fourcas and Gloria are two wines I really like so always pick them up. All bar the Tuesday wine will be tucked away for anywhere up to 10 years.

2021 En Primeur.PNG
                                                                                                              Nice one thanks a lot for the tips. How long do you age the Tuesday wine or is that for immediate consumption?

Comment

See Perkins gave Shaun Deeb 10-1 on a Bodyfat loss bet last week. He has to get down from current stats to 17% bodyfat over the course of a year. 100k to Bill's 1 million. He is around 6ft and over 300 pounds atm and estimates he is currently 45%. He is getting a Dexa scan this week to confirm the starting number.

Comment

Nice one thanks a lot for the tips. How long do you age the Tuesday wine or is that for immediate consumption?
                                                                                                                  Tuesday wine is drank straight away (just not all 24 bottles in the one sitting ) although it would be fine to keep it for a year or two. The last few years, all in price for it has been coming in around €12-13 per bottle whereas something of similar quality from a off license would generally be in the €17 - €22 range

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post

Cheers. I’ve already recommended anything strategy is finalised with a professional. Just trying to get an idea of options at this prelim stage.

New shares seems like it would eliminate the CGT for the current shareholders.
                                                                                                                    The acquisition would be a tax event. But it seems like the below could apply. Voting rights would need to be structured to suit. But CAT would reduce by 90%

Comment

You have me sold Lao Lao.

So the next window is May?

Comment

You have me sold Lao Lao.

So the next window is May?
                                                                                                                        Yeah, they usually start to release them around the first week in May

For just a small fee, you, like many others, can sign up to Lao Lao's Luscious Liquid Alerts

Comment

What are the chances of Trump having a tiny dick being entered into evidence?

His legal team challenging it?

It then being required that he produce evidence to confirm?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X