X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music King R1 - 50s Jazz

50s Jazz

P1

Got stuck in a loop of listening to some fairly generic american 50's jazz but ended up on settling on some late 50's latin jazz from Mongo Santamaria with obligatory jazz flute!

Nearly went with something from Dorothy Ashby's 1958 album 'Hip Harp' but Mongo just won out after giving serious thought to using her for both picks. Going with this monster - unsurprisingly she'd beloved of hip hop samplers

P2

Not to good on the old jazz but enjoyed listening to this lad and he excellent mix of jazz

A classic that gets played 2 or 3 times most Saturday nights while enjoying a couple of gins from around the world, never gets old

p1 wins the genre pick hands down, and that 2nd track is pretty cool

i'd rather pour acid in my ears rather than listen to that kenny rogers song again. WTF???

easy win for P1

Comment

P1 really enjoyed both tracks.
      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

player 1 , want my time back for listen to Kenny Rogers
        airport, lol

Comment

Crazy round... Player 1 two solid jazz picks, loved the Ashby track thought would be unlikely to beat but then that Ahmed Jamal track knocks it out of the park, I notice that I'm going to have to listen to Kenny Rogers but hey Lucile or even the Coward of the county should carry it over the line, Player 2 is home and hosed if it's Ruby but if I have to listen to the Gambler there could be a problem...

We have a clear winner in the worst track ever put up on MK WP Player 2 how you put Ahamed Jamal and that shite on the same page is amazing

Player 1
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Player 1 . Loved both genre picks. Kenny Rogers getting slated by the too cool for school brigade
            Actually a nice cheezy tune . Player 1 though.

Liked this round WP .

Comment

Man that Ahamed track is fucking brilliant
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Jesus P2 with an epic bottle job there- genre pick one of the best tunes of any of the matches so far then pulls out a woeful Kenny track
                P1 wins with very good tracks
                Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Landslide for P1, two bangers I'm stealing for my next show. P2's jazz pick was a little light in comparison. The less said about Kenny the better.

Comment

Player 1 pretty comprehensively. Ahmad Jamal made a fight of it for P2 but picking The Gambler or Islands in the Stream by Rodgers would have at least raised a smile and limited the damage..

Comment

I respect the Kenny pick, had to know it'd be slated but the reach to share a connection is a rare and wonderful thing.
                      P2 for a great genre pick, and balls of steel.

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

8 : 1

Player 1 advances

Comment

Working...
                        X