This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

I'm about as likely to open a Tiktok link as one of Solks facebook links!
    Was the Portmarnock shenanigans, ya missed nuthin.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      brianmc I work a lot with Grainne from Studio Red. Was at her house last week, she can literally jump her back wall into the Phoenix Park. We were chatting about running and I told her where I run.

'Oh I did a project there'

Turned out it was you.

Small oul world.

Was that you hanging around by the bridge out this way, about 11:30 on Wednesday morning?

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      Had a thought yesterday about coining people who are obsessed with replanting Ireland with only Irelands native dull-as-fuck plants as 'plant-nazis'. The way they talk about it though it does seem on a verge of salivating over ethnic cleansing.
      ...reverses back out of BBV.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        lol, the poor bastard...

Hahaha. The absolute wally. He needs a home to crawl into now.
        ”it weighs about 3 bags of sugar”. Yeah no shit mate, it’s a fucking rock.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

I'm obviously not going to make an actual bet on something where I'm barely favourite to be alive at the end of the bet period, but I would be very surprised if Ireland specifically is all driverless vehicles in 2050. It would overall be much safer for all, but I can't see it. How to cater for reversing down a narrow country lane until you come to a gateway or nice piece of verge to pull in at to let a car pass would be a fun situation to consider. Highway and city driving, fine I can see that being achievable, but while there are still humans driving, there will still be more crashes and deaths.

It's good to aspire and aim high, and you can't really set an acceptable number of road traffic deaths, but a target of zero is patently unachievable, barring humans being wiped out before that.
          Yeah, its a bit pointless to make bets over that long a timeframe, since the most likely outcome is we both forget! Forgetting that for a moment though I'd bet a lot of money you will be alive in 2040 or even 2050

I think people generally overestimate how fast technology changes things in the short/medium term, and then vastly underestimate how technology will change things in the long term. If you think about people born 50-60 years ago, the material world was completely different. We even build buildings in a completely different way than then.

Reversing down a narrow country lane is the sort of thing autonomous driving is better at than humans, it can see in 360o and can judge angles perfectly. What humans still have the upper hand with is dealing with unexpected or very low probability events, so in the countryside that might be animals, or people driving their tractor home drunk from the pub!

Comment

Uranium finally mooning

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
              I feel seen
              Reverse snobbery about rugby is every bit as nauseating as plain old snobbery

Rugby World Cup: Everybody knows rugby is an elitist sport in Ireland. But you don’t achieve an egalitarian society by throwing stones at athletes who are representing your country

Ah but you don't want to see them lose, do you? I mean, I definitely don't and I don't think AJ does despite being on the same side of the argument re nonsense competitiveness as you. It's gonna be class when we stuff the Kiwis in a quarters. A fanbase rivalled only by Liverpool fans for their prickishness.
              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Bloc Party, Interpol and Kraftwerk all lined up in the space of a month while in Aus. Going to be a blast.
                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Ah but you don't want to see them lose, do you? I mean, I definitely don't and I don't think AJ does despite being on the same side of the argument re nonsense competitiveness as you. It's gonna be class when we stuff the Kiwis in a quarters. A fanbase rivalled only by Liverpool fans for their prickishness.
                  I'd definitely like to see them win. Though there is no hazard/downside for me in that if they don't win I will have recovered from the anguish of it roughly 1 second later.

Comment

Bloc Party, Interpol and Kraftwerk all lined up in the space of a month while in Aus. Going to be a blast.

That's a very nice line up. Saw Interpol (for about the 10th time) in June as part of the Trinity Summer Series. Trinity and Iveagh Gardens are two great venues for gigs.

The Bloc Party gig way back in the Phoenix Park (must have been 2006/2007) is still in my top 5 all time gigs. Silent Alarm is still on regular rotation.

Haven't seen Kraftwerk since Electric Picnic way back - 2005 at a guess?? but they were class.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

That's a very nice line up. Saw Interpol (for about the 10th time) in June as part of the Trinity Summer Series. Trinity and Iveagh Gardens are two great venues for gigs.

The Bloc Party gig way back in the Phoenix Park (must have been 2006/2007) is still in my top 5 all time gigs. Silent Alarm is still on regular rotation.

Haven't seen Kraftwerk since Electric Picnic way back - 2005 at a guess?? but they were class.
                      Yeah I’m very much looking forward to it.

Bloc Party and Interpol are on the same evening, which will be incredible, a Melbourne spring evening.

and then Kraftwerk are at Meredith music festival. Which is the coolest festival set up I’ve ever been too. Google some of the pics, it’s setup in this eucalyptus grove and it’s just phenomenal.

I have never seen any of them before despite being a massive fan of all of them. Aus is a business trip but it’s turning into the best month of the last 4 years.

Comment

Comment

It's depressing how utterly Trump is in charge of the republican party. The more people see DeSantis, the less they like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                            It's depressing how utterly Trump is in charge of the republican party. The more people see DeSantis, the less they like him.
                            Caught both Vivek and Christie on All In recently. Vivek is a dickhead, all bluster, naive and mini trump but he will convince people because he speaks well.

I found myself agreeing with a lot of what Chris Christie said though.

its a little shameful I’ve a bigger interest in US politics than either Canada or Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by brianmc View Post

Was that you hanging around by the bridge out this way, about 11:30 on Wednesday morning?

...reverses back out of BBV.
                              Wasn't me, Wed me day off.

I'd be out your way most mornings though, but usually around 6.45
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Caught both Vivek and Christie on All In recently. Vivek is a dickhead, all bluster, naive and mini trump but he will convince people because he speaks well.

I found myself agreeing with a lot of what Chris Christie said though.

its a little shameful I’ve a bigger interest in US politics than either Canada or Ireland.
                                Agree 100%, I find it so annoying how people treat Vivek - he casually mentions invading Mexico and the tech people lap it up without any thought whatsoever. I was also very impressed with Chris Christie, I never really paid attention to him before.

Comment

Agree 100%, I find it so annoying how people treat Vivek - he casually mentions invading Mexico and the tech people lap it up without any thought whatsoever. I was also very impressed with Chris Christie, I never really paid attention to him before.
                                  Maybe part of it was cos he slapped Sacks back into his right wing hole he crawled from in that specific interview but I think his policy on Ukraine is the most realistic. I honestly can't understand how anyone, ever, is talking about appeasement or letting up. I know people are dying and its really easy to say that behind a keyboard on a sunny peaceful Albertan day but it blows my mind that people think Putin will act any differently in 2,5,10 years. or that he will somehow gain respect for red lines if appeased, and especially if the appeasement involves no Ukraine nato.

Christie's position that Ukraine is already a defacto Nato member is sort of how I see it. How can they not be? Using the nato weaponry platform, collecting all this incredible wartime data (which seems a little heartless to say out loud) and engaging with Natos reason for existence.

He got some grief for the pentagon spending thing. I think my own perspective on the US military spending is... increase the shit out of it. I don't pay American taxes, so I don't care and I certainly think the US hegemony is keeping my life in a better spot than any possible alternative.

Comment

Maybe part of it was cos he slapped Sacks back into his right wing hole he crawled from in that specific interview but I think his policy on Ukraine is the most realistic. I honestly can't understand how anyone, ever, is talking about appeasement or letting up. I know people are dying and its really easy to say that behind a keyboard on a sunny peaceful Albertan day but it blows my mind that people think Putin will act any differently in 2,5,10 years. or that he will somehow gain respect for red lines if appeased, and especially if the appeasement involves no Ukraine nato.

Christie's position that Ukraine is already a defacto Nato member is sort of how I see it. How can they not be? Using the nato weaponry platform, collecting all this incredible wartime data (which seems a little heartless to say out loud) and engaging with Natos reason for existence.

He got some grief for the pentagon spending thing. I think my own perspective on the US military spending is... increase the shit out of it. I don't pay American taxes, so I don't care and I certainly think the US hegemony is keeping my life in a better spot than any possible alternative.

Oh Jasus, dont set him off...
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Supposedly a bit of a "me too" type scandal involving a group of comedians in the UK will be making the news over the weekend. Be interesting to see who it is if there's any truth to it.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                        Supposedly a bit of a "me too" type scandal involving a group of comedians in the UK will be making the news over the weekend. Be interesting to see who it is if there's any truth to it.
                                        Guaranteed to be a bunch of the panel show regs

edit- nah looks like brand an walliams- not news to anybody I’m sure
                                        Last edited by MysteryGuest; 15-09-23, 20:50.
                                        Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Only thing I've seen is from Fern Brady but she suggests Dispatches on C4 will be worth a watch for the nosy cunts among us.

Comment

Congrats to the plucky Namibians getting 3 points on the board against the all blacks
                                            Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Congrats to the plucky Namibians getting 3 points on the board against the all blacks
                                              They could have won it too if they’d had more composure.

Comment

For our airbnb in Nantes, we scored a place in the old town. Much hanging off the balcony conducting various songs.
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Paging Lao Lao - dupe these low hanging fruit feckers again ol chap .

Rugger experts .
                                                  What we think about former winners England game against the minnows of Japan ? Wanna have a bet. Any advise appreciated. 1st try scorer? Handicap ?
                                                  England minus 100? Worth a dip?

Comment

This is brilliant

Comment

Love listening to desperate tech journalists and companies trying to pretend augmented glasses are wver gonna be anything but niche.
                                                      have high hopes that “he was wearing augmented reality glasses Ed” will be a legit mitigation in sentencing for punching someone in the face in future.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                        This is brilliant

Yes it is

Comment

Just saw a poker event in Dublin scheduled for end of Oct with a 3k buy in with 700k guaranteed . Live satellite cost 350... seems WSOP level mad.

Can't see myself trying for that.
                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I think I need to overhaul my passwords. Both Chrome and iOS regularly let me know my passwords is leaked all over the shop. Been using the same phrase for years with number/capital/symbol variation as required. The “suggest strong password” seems much stronger. But a bit of a pain in you need to log in on multiple devices.
                                                            Is there any convict way to update on iPhone or chrome and transfer to the other? Assume it s fiddly is you have a android/chrome or iPhone/MacBook

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                              I think I need to overhaul my passwords. Both Chrome and iOS regularly let me know my passwords is leaked all over the shop. Been using the same phrase for years with number/capital/symbol variation as required. The “suggest strong password” seems much stronger. But a bit of a pain in you need to log in on multiple devices.
                                                              Is there any convict way to update on iPhone or chrome and transfer to the other? Assume it s fiddly is you have a android/chrome or iPhone/MacBook
                                                              Add your ATM PIN on to the end of it.
                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Maybe you are speaking generally, rather than about the bet side. But in terms of betting, its not really a bet on - "if Trump runs, will he win the nomination". There's no doubts there, and there hasn't been for quite a while - of course he will win. Its more a bet on - "will Trump realise at some point that this can't possibly go anywhere in a national race and therefore bow out". De Santis is 9s or so, and realistically nobody is taking the nomination from him if Trump doesn't run. So its really what are the odds of Trump dropping out? I suspect the probability of him dropping out is quite high. Maybe 30-40%. But I do also realise that is way out of whack with what everyone else thinks. Am still popping in the bet topups on a monthly basis on De Santis anyway! Its not a gigantic amount, bit less than 4k, and a lot of that was bet at much lower odds as accumulation started about a year ago.
                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Number - 1
                                                                  Capital - first letter and maybe the middle letter
                                                                  Symbol: !

I would just change the high priority accounts, and then do the rest bit by bit. Emails are the critical ones. Presumably anything to do with money is already covered with 2FA. Might be worth telling you bank you lost your debit card also and getting a new one. Probably the best online safety strategy is to renew your cards every six months. As it then means that anything hacked probably has useful information.

Comment

Brand has come out and said he's a subject matter anyway. I'd be more doubtful about him being guilty about anything in that sphere than Waliams. Given he was a legendary woman's man back in his day, I wonder how they (a TV show rather than a criminal investigation) distinguish between disgruntled conquests and something more serious.

TikTok was convinced it was Del Boy for a stage as seems there's some sort of long running rumours around him.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                      Just saw a poker event in Dublin scheduled for end of Oct with a 3k buy in with 700k guaranteed . Live satellite cost 350... seems WSOP level mad.

Can't see myself trying for that.
                                                                      Likely to overlay imo. Not sure satts have even started on PartyPoker yet and the only other option is through the PokerBros app. Had thought about trying to qualify for it but as you say, slightly out of reach for now.

it's in a top class location in the Intercontinental Hotel though and I'd love to see it do well with no other offering close to that buy in in Ireland currently.

Comment

Brand has come out and said he's a subject matter anyway. I'd be more doubtful about him being guilty about anything in that sphere than Waliams. Given he was a legendary woman's man back in his day, I wonder how they (a TV show rather than a criminal investigation) distinguish between disgruntled conquests and something more serious.

TikTok was convinced it was Del Boy for a stage as seems there's some sort of long running rumours around him.
                                                                        My guess is if it is Brand , it must involve roofies . Otherwise its a non story. He a womaniser as most men given half the chance

Comment

Ventured into Emporium last night after a few pints, only one table so didnt get a game. On the way out got collered on gaming floor by one of the stafff who apologised but they now need to know the occupation of punters My first reponse of "I'm Batman" didnt cut the mustard either.

Comment

Bitwarden makes it easy for businesses and individuals to securely generate, store, and share passwords from any location, browser, or device. Create your free Bitwarden account today.

Use the password generator to generate nonsense - impossible-for-anyone-to-remember passwords (12+chars, alphanumeric and special characters), always use a different password for every website, and just use a good master password to access them all though bitwarden.

example of a good master password that you can remember
                                                                            Mellorwontforgetthispasswordinahurry

You can install the Bitwarden add-in to your browser, and also apps to your phones.

Comment

Number - 1
                                                                              Capital - first letter and maybe the middle letter
                                                                              Symbol: !

I would just change the high priority accounts, and then do the rest bit by bit. Emails are the critical ones. Presumably anything to do with money is already covered with 2FA. Might be worth telling you bank you lost your debit card also and getting a new one. Probably the best online safety strategy is to renew your cards every six months. As it then means that anything hacked probably has useful information.
                                                                              Nothing has specifically happened to warrant burning cards. It’s just having used the same main phrase for years, it’ll be all over the place. Enter your passwords here and it will tell you how often it’s been seen in leaked data.
                                                                              Have I Been Pwned allows you to search across multiple data breaches to see if your email address or phone number has been compromised.

Fun Fact: Password was leaked 9m times, and Qwerty 10m times.

Comment

What was the protest in Dublin about today? Have seen videos of 2 groups separated by heavy barriers but being kept well apart. Seems like overkill?

Comment

Play of the RWC so far. Brilliant. Only a dog with a bone(head) wont concur.

No look lineout hand off - flair . #minnows

Comment

Was brining the wee lad home from swimming . Some old gal banged on the car window saing Luas Luas please ? Pointing to sore leg , no real English. Dropped her off . Me music teacher in Ukraine .
                                                                                    she was very grateful for the lift but a sick feeling thinking of her school at home and she in the rain begging for a lift . Poxy fking world.

Comment

What was the protest in Dublin about today? Have seen videos of 2 groups separated by heavy barriers but being kept well apart. Seems like overkill?
                                                                                      The counter demonstration organised by Trans and Intersex Pride Dublin assembled outside the Dáil before marching to Merrion Square.
                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Was brining the wee lad home from swimming . Some old gal banged on the car window saing Luas Luas please ? Pointing to sore leg , no real English. Dropped her off . Me music teacher in Ukraine .
                                                                                        she was very grateful for the lift but a sick feeling thinking of her school at home and she in the rain begging for a lift . Poxy fking world.
                                                                                        Well you made hers a little better!

Comment

Ah. Hard to keep up with the amount of protests these days. Ty

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Well you made hers a little better!

Good way to look at it but there's this 75-80 year old limping in the rain desperately looking for a simple lift whilst at home she runs a music school, her whole lifetime. Elsewhere in Dublin there are cries to look after our own 1st.

Comment

"To Hell Or Highwater"

Only half way through and it's already the best film I've seen in a long time. Taking a break to get a cold one from the fridge.

Comment

Ah. Hard to keep up with the amount of protests these days. Ty
                                                                                                I was there on the Posie Parker side, and was surprised and thankful of how well the Gardai policed it. The generous separation between both groups meant that the women speaking could actually be heard by the people who wanted to listen. My only interaction with the Gardai(other than being searched on the way in) was one woman Garda complimenting me on my umbrella, and asking me where I bought it

Comment

Good way to look at it but there's this 75-80 year old limping in the rain desperately looking for a simple lift whilst at home she runs a music school, her whole lifetime. Elsewhere in Dublin there are cries to look after our own 1st.
                                                                                                  I hear you but the more lifts you give the less that noise matters.

Good job Atticus (that's your nickname for a bit now)

Comment

My guess is if it is Brand , it must involve roofies . Otherwise its a non story. He a womaniser as most men given half the chance
                                                                                                    Nothing surprising or prosecutable in the Times article imo. In fact I might even dislike him slightly less today than I did, if that's the worst they could find.

Comment

Zero pluck on display here from the Tongans

Comment

O'Gara just threw a plate at a Wall

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Nothing surprising or prosecutable in the Times article imo. In fact I might even dislike him slightly less today than I did, if that's the worst they could find.
                                                                                                          He sent a taxi to a school to pick up a sixteen year old that he referrred to as "the child"

Comment

Likely to overlay imo. Not sure satts have even started on PartyPoker yet and the only other option is through the PokerBros app. Had thought about trying to qualify for it but as you say, slightly out of reach for now.
                                                                                                            Satellites on Party can't start until after their event in Malta
                                                                                                            so realistically they've only got
                                                                                                            there weeks starting early October.
                                                                                                            Going to be tricky hitting the guarantee.

Comment

He sent a taxi to a school to pick up a sixteen year old that he referrred to as "the child"
                                                                                                              Yes. While I find it disturbing and horrible, I was expecting worse. It's literally not illegal afaik to do that in the UK. !7 in Ireland.

Comment

7/35 out of 1700 runners in the WCOOP 8-game low.....Obv ran like a cripple in the medium...need FT to break even!

Comment

16 is a legal age in the UK. Collie was talking about the legal side.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                    7/35 out of 1700 runners in the WCOOP 8-game low.....Obv ran like a crippled in the medium...need FT to break even!
                                                                                                                    GL GL!

Comment

13/18 now...some absolute beasts at my table including a 10 time WCOOP winner...out of my depth!

Comment

15th...damn crossbars!

Comment

Zero pluck on display here from the Tongans
                                                                                                                          Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this
                                                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X