X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
    wtf at new ipoker table layout?

urrrrrrrrgh!
    Might be just PP. I don't notice any changes on Boyles.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
      Ok, this was asked in a well on 2+2 and it generated some interesting viewpoints so I thought I would pose it here:
      I hate those ridiculous, non realistic scenarios.

Comment

Ok, this was asked in a well on 2+2 and it generated some interesting viewpoints so I thought I would pose it here:
        How's those painkillers working out for ya?
        Obv making you mad.

Comment

That's the same as the "runaway train dilemma" and it's come up here a good few times aswell.There's a TED lecture on it too.
          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
            Might be just PP. I don't notice any changes on Boyles.
            State of it

Comment

Save the guy. God put you there to save him and if he wants the 2 kids saved, he'll kill someone else.

And another actual genuine reasoning IMO for saving the guy is: the kidney's being a match for both kids is unlikely.

There's much better Ethical Dilemna's out there than that one, but I can't remember them, something to do with a train track and switches and a fat guy on a bridge. I'm sure they're easily googleable and IIRC they were discussed in the BBV before either here or on boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                Save the guy. God put you there to save him and if he wants the 2 kids saved, he'll kill someone else.

And another actual genuine reasoning IMO for saving the guy is: the kidney's being a match for both kids is unlikely.

There's much better Ethical Dilemna's out there than that one, but I can't remember them, something to do with a train track and switches and a fat guy on a bridge. I'm sure they're easily googleable and IIRC they were discussed in the BBV before either here or on boards.
                Ste, your presence is required elsewhere on the site

Comment

Bird in the hand!

Next!

Comment

Drag the man into the woods and leave him there, thus saving no one. Dilemma averted.

Comment

State of it
                      Think I've only played 7 game son PP so not sure what looks different. It looks pretty similar to Boyles btw.

Whats new on it?

Comment

Fuzzy, IS the man a culchie ? this can help me decide.

Kakal I saw siemen in the air when those naked chicks were sky diving

Comment

I actually like the one where your driving towards a 2 year old girl and you must hit her to save your own life, could you do it?

One forum regular answered 'id drive over a schoul yard full of little girls if it got me off the hook'

Comment

LOL

Comment

I am choosing a bedtime film and am going by the list of top rated Rotten Tomatoes films of 2009 (documentaries always make up 90% of the top rated films because people confuse good intentions with good entertainment), it's between:

and

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                I actually like the one where your driving towards a 2 year old girl and you must hit her to save your own life, could you do it?
                                Are you describing a theoretical ethical dilemma or a typical Wexford drink driving manoeuvre of a Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                  How's those painkillers working out for ya?
                                  Obv making you mad.
                                  And Redschnapps too. Gallas having a medical at Spurs tomorrow.

Comment

I thought A Prophet was overrated but still very good.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                      I must have got confused with all the chase scenes, shooting, fighting, and the James Bond film that made an appearance in the last quarter.

I'm certainly not going to win any arguments on the Inception one anyway. I enjoyed it, but I think people are going way overboard. I like cool things like that as much as anyone, but I was also kind of bored during action sequences on more than one occasion.

I think its impressive achievement is that it wasn't a total train wreck, which it would have been in most other directors' hands.
                                      I agree some fanboys have gone over the top in the theorising about the scenarios but IMO the Nolan's great achievement with Inception was to make an action movie that maintained my attention the whole way through.
                                      Also did you know that there is little or no CGI involved.

I am choosing a bedtime film and am going by the list of top rated Rotten Tomatoes films of 2009 (documentaries always make up 90% of the top rated films because people confuse good intentions with good entertainment), it's between:

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harlan:..._Jew_S%C3%BCss
                                      A Prophet is a must see. Great film.
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

For the very sick minded amongst us Here

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                          There are only 3 regged for the 8.45pm sat, which needs 8 to run...I'm guessing they'll get much busier in the next few weeks - still would like to play tonight though!
                                          Argh, so close! There 7 of us regged at 8.45pm, just needed one more to run...don't want to play in the big Sunday IWF package sat, don't need the package at all, the Burlo is about 5 mins drive from my gaff! Maybe next Thursday both sats will get going...I guess seat-only ones are really only attractive to Irish players so won't be too busy until the final few weeks.

Comment

Brag. My eldest son scored a job in a good Architects office in London today. Pretty fcking awesome for him considering he graduated just as the recession bit hard and it was starting to look like he should think about doing something other than what he really wants to do.
                                            Last edited by Strewelpeter; 19-08-10, 20:02.

Comment

Doh! Cole

(probablya cert to score now though)

Comment

Lucky me!

bookies seemed to be the only people on planet who didn't know Babel was starting up front tonight

8/1 first goal generally available
                                                small bet (could you trust him with a big bet)

price quickly shortens to 5/1ish and im feeling smug

scores with his last touch of the ball

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                  Lucky me!

bookies seemed to be the only people on planet who didn't know Babel was starting up front tonight

8/1 first goal generally available
                                                  small bet (could you trust him with a big bet)

price quickly shortens to 5/1ish and im feeling smug

scores with his last touch of the ball
                                                  Aftertiming cnut, where was the heads up??

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                    Aftertiming cnut, where was the heads up??
                                                    think it was leaked out of the club yesterday/this morning, seems to be all over place,
                                                    even on boards(and if that lot know about it well...)

Comment

that Roy Hodgson has really aged since I saw him last July

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                        Why do people wear wristbands from concert/festivals/gigs for days after the thing is over?
                                                        laziness/not wanting to return to the "real world"/showing off

Comment

A Prophet is brilliant

Comment

Here is an important informational film that I think everyone needs to watch:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2q5P5ifiO0[/ame]

Comment

Here is an important informational film that I think everyone needs to watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2q5P5ifiO0
                                                              LOL @ responsible for 42% of crooked games of chance... and that was years before iPoker

Comment

Poor Liverpool performance, although there were a good few in the team that are lacking match fitness. Should have scored a couple more though, even with the poor performance, but could have conceeded as well.

Comment

Ste, your presence is required elsewhere on the site

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...3&postcount=23
                                                                  Damn you Kevin!!!

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                  For the very sick minded amongst us Here
                                                                  Yeah, I love that site!!
                                                                  Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                  A Prophet is brilliant
                                                                  +1 I really enjoyed it.

Comment

BBV...

has anyone here bought a phone from cellulare.net via pixmania?

Can't find anything bad online (with a very cursory search).
                                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

I had other plans for this until I hit

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 5.5 Tournament, 800/1600 Blinds 150 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

CO (t19456)
                                                                      Button (t30911)
                                                                      SB (t16500)
                                                                      Hero (BB) (t44017)
                                                                      UTG (t75744)
                                                                      UTG+1 (t28532)
                                                                      MP1 (t19063)
                                                                      MP2 (t52601)
                                                                      MP3 (t57969)

Hero's M: 11.74

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2, 7
                                                                      2 folds, MP1 calls t1600, MP2 bets t3200, 4 folds, Hero calls t1600, MP1 calls t1600

Flop: (t11750) 9, 8, 4 (3 players)
                                                                      Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 bets t4800, Hero calls t4800, 1 fold

Turn: (t21350) K (2 players)
                                                                      Hero checks, MP2 checks

River: (t21350) 2 (2 players)
                                                                      Hero bets t4800, MP2 raises to t16000, Hero calls t11200

Total pot: t53350

Results:
                                                                      Hero had 2, 7 (one pair, twos).
                                                                      MP2 had A, J (high card, Ace).
                                                                      Outcome: Hero won t53350

Villain is still at me in the chat box. What more can I say but: CHOOO CHOOOOOOO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                        LOL @ responsible for 42% of crooked games of chance... and that was years before iPoker
                                                                        Kind of puts a fresh perspective on CHD's militant motto. I think like the accusations with David Icke that reptiles is a euphemism for Jews, I will now choose to interpret every insult and accusation towards Ipoker by members here as being code for anti-Semitic statements. Should make the complaining more fun.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu3OIT7mxDQ[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                                            ok then whose the coolest person in the hospital when the ultra sound guys on holiday

the hip replacement dude
                                                                            Belatedly plagiarising paying tribute to your comedic genius on Page 29 of tomorrow's (Friday's) Irish Sun, Nicky. Thanks

Comment

2 very good films you may not of heard of. I watched these a while back, they were highly rated on rotten tomatoes

Shotgun Stories http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0952682/

Shotgun Stories tracks a feud that erupts between two sets of half brothers following the death of their father. Set against the cotton fields and back roads of Southeast Arkansas, these brothers discover the lengths to which each will go to protect their family,

Frozen River http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0978759/

It is about two working-class women who smuggle illegal immigrants in the trunk of a car from Canada to the United States in order to make ends meet. Melissa Leo was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actress, but lost to Kate Winslet in The Reader.

Comment

Originally posted by kpnuts View Post
                                                                                Belatedly plagiarising paying tribute to your comedic genius on Page 29 of tomorrow's (Friday's) Irish Sun, Nicky. Thanks
                                                                                FFS, they've been in the paper before, according to some other wise guy in here. Had to scratch em, but left your name on the replacement gag anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by GrangeUtd View Post
                                                                                  Shotgun Stories http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0952682/

Shotgun Stories tracks a feud that erupts between two sets of half brothers following the death of their father. Set against the cotton fields and back roads of Southeast Arkansas, these brothers discover the lengths to which each will go to protect their family,
                                                                                  I saw this one a year or two ago, solid drama, good performances but fairly slow moving. While the story is interesting and the actors are good, not much happens to keep your attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                    I agree some fanboys have gone over the top in the theorising about the scenarios but IMO the Nolan's great achievement with Inception was to make an action movie that maintained my attention the whole way through.
                                                                                    Also did you know that there is little or no CGI involved.
                                                                                    A couple of people have said this Tony but I don't quite follow.
                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                    What about all the cities and streets folding up on eachother and crumbling buildings.There were a few other scenes too,what were they if not CGI?

I think people associate CGI with movies like Transformers and Jurassic Park but it's used for just about everything in the movies now.

e.g 0:17 or so

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3XzUYd6nrU[/ame]
                                                                                    Last edited by Icarus152; 19-08-10, 21:21.
                                                                                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                      that Roy Hodgson has really aged since I saw him last July
                                                                                      Mancini looks like Dickie Rock ever since the new haircut.

Watched A Prophet last month, ...........its still on!

Comment

May not be completely practical as an office chair.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                          A couple of people have said this Tony but I don't quite follow.What about all the cities and streets folding up on eachother and crumbling buildings.There were a few other scenes too,what were they if not CGI?

I think people associate CGI with movies like Transformers and Jurassic Park but it's used for just about everything in the movies now.
                                                                                          Inception

SPOILER

Obviously CGI is used but only when its almost impossible to do the scene with other means. An example of this is the Zero gravity for example was created entirely on a physical set, with no CGI added. Nolan puts the actors through a hardcore regime with intense training of weeks and then put them in a huge rotating set.

“It was like some incredible torture device; we thrashed Joseph for weeks. But in the end we looked at the footage, and it looks unlike anything any of us has seen before. The rhythm of it is unique, and when you watch it, even if you know how it was done, it confuses your perceptions. It’s unsettling in a wonderful way…we want an extraordinary thing that happens in an ordinary way. That’s always been the goal.”
                                                                                          Most films would have green screened a huge amount of the film which Nolan refuses to do when it can be done another way. This video shows the lengths Nolan goes to not use CGI.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMRBl4esMlQ[/ame]

Opr
                                                                                          Last edited by Opr; 19-08-10, 21:31.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                            Mancini looks like Dickie Rock ever since the new haircut.
                                                                                            Funny I thought you were referring to this chap

though, admittedly getting a haircut when you're dead doesn't make a lot of sense.
                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Going to Sligo in a few days for 26 hours 6 minutes.
                                                                                              I think that's my quota.

@Fuzzy Logic.
                                                                                              Save the guy, obv.
                                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Question for Kayroo / someone who knows:

Would I be able to simply rock up to Croke park on Sunday and pay in through the turnstiles or would I definitely need a ticket?
                                                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Is it wrong to laugh at the second one?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma2JqBXCjhM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcaeZDZBmKo&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                                                                                                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

Would I be able to simply rock up to Croke park on Sunday and pay in through the turnstiles or would I definitely need a ticket?
                                                                                                    You should be able to pick up a face value ticket easy enough in the pubs beforehand anyway.

Comment

Some of the stuff involving Moon was pretty cringe worthy. He obviously believes that he has some kind of natural poker gift due to the big donkament score.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaPYiPEh_tA[/ame]

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                                                                        @Fuzzy Logic.
                                                                                                        Save the guy, obv.
                                                                                                        Hope you're just reinforcing your lotto logic. There's no such thing as an automobile accident. Let him die.
                                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

Lloyd, one of the GAA boffins was on the Last Word this evening (about 6.30pm) talking about the new railings for Hill 16 and mentioned that this Sunday's game would probably be the 1st sell out of the championship in Croker; he said that over 70k tickets are already gone (capacity is about 82k IIRC) so I imagine there won't be anything left by Sunday afternoon. You don't pay in at the turnstiles anyhow anymore, do you? You gotta get your ticket from Ticketmaster (those leeches) or from one of the GAA ticket shops nearby.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                            Electric Picnic day Line ups.

FRIDAY: Roxy Music, Public Image Ltd., Modest Mouse, The Waterboys, Jónsi (Sigur Rós), Marc Almond, Janelle Monáe, Eels, Foals, Booka Shade, Duke Special, Laura Marling, Kormac’s Big Band, St…

Opr
                                                                                                            One of the best line up's at EP, certainly in the last 2-3 years

FRIDAY:

Roxy Music, Public Image Ltd., Modest Mouse, The Waterboys, Jónsi (Sigur Rós), Marc Almond, Janelle Monáe, Eels, Foals, Booka Shade, Duke Special, Laura Marling, Kormac’s Big Band, Stars, Sebastien Leger, Black Mountain, Rubberbandits feat. Crystal Swing, Sneaky Soundsystem DJ set, MNDR, Here We Go Magic, Chew Lips, Hurts, Cymbals Eat Guitars, Joe Echo, Freelance Whales, Delta Maid, James O’Connor, Nova Static, Donal Dineen, Niwel Tsumbu & friends, Vengeance and the Panther Queen, The Subs, LRB, Phil Ryan

SATURDAY:

Leftfield, The Frames, LCD Soundsystem, Imelda May, Hot Chip, Seasick Steve, Gil Scott-Heron, Tiga, Bloody Beetroots Death Crew ’77, Afro-Celt Soundsystem, Steve Earle, Bad Lieutenant, Villagers, Paul Brady, Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, Cathy Davey, Crystal Castles, Dan le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip, The Redneck Manifesto, K’Naan, The Antlers, Robyn, Brendan Perry, And So I Watch You From Afar, Steve Mason, Heathers, Ryan Sheridan, The Japanese Popstars, Stacey Pullen, Edan the MC, Adrian Crowley, Joker & Nomad, Mountain Man, Monotonix, Philip Selway, Arveene & Misk, Spilly Walker, These New Puritans, Fang Island, The Mighty Stef, Daniel Wang, Brian Deady, Crystal Fighters, Mikki Dee & Mystro, Trojan Soundsystem, Goodtime John, Channel One

SUNDAY:

Massive Attack, The National, Mumford & Sons, Fever Ray, Friendly Fires, Fat Freddy’s Drop, Two Door Cinema Club, Juan Atkins, UNKLE, Fight Like Apes, Laurent Garnier (live), Wolf Parade, The Horrors, The Fall, Dennis Alcapone & the Dubcats, The New Pornographers, Bonobo (live), Land Lovers, The Big Pink, The Low Anthem, Jerry Fish & the Mudbug Club, Liquid Liquid, 808 State, Archie Bronson Outfit, Mr Scruff, Field Music, Cymande II, The Tallest Man on Earth, Beardyman, The Alarm, Stornoway, Dam Funk, James Vincent McMorrow, Mixhell, Neon Indian, Dublin Gospel Choir, Messiah J & the Expert, Dandelion, O Emperor, Jackbeats, The Riptide Movement

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                              Hope you're just reinforcing your lotto logic. There's no such thing as an automobile accident. Let him die.
                                                                                                              Maybe those kids don't share their toys.
                                                                                                              Let them die.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                                A couple of people have said this Tony but I don't quite follow.
                                                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                                                What about all the cities and streets folding up on eachother and crumbling buildings.There were a few other scenes too,what were they if not CGI?

e.g 0:17 or so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3XzUYd6nrU
                                                                                                                Yea, as you'll see in OPR's post its that he used it sparingly and hardly at all for the action sequences.
                                                                                                                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 19-08-10, 22:20.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W2T5swEH3s[/ame]

crazy stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

SUNDAY:

Massive Attack, The National, Mumford & Sons
                                                                                                                    I really hope these three are back to back on the Sunday night would be a pretty amazing climax to the festival.

Opr

Comment

I'm really hoping the Tree of Temptation wins Big Brother.

Comment

Remember this shit at Christmas!!! Expendables is great

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                                          One of the best line up's at EP, certainly in the last 2-3 years
                                                                                                                          SATURDAY:

Leftfield, The Frames, LCD Soundsystem, Imelda May, Hot Chip, Seasick Steve, Gil Scott-Heron, Tiga, Bloody Beetroots Death Crew ’77, Afro-Celt Soundsystem, Steve Earle, Bad Lieutenant, Villagers, Paul Brady, Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, Cathy Davey, Crystal Castles, Dan le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip, The Redneck Manifesto, K’Naan, The Antlers, Robyn, Brendan Perry, And So I Watch You From Afar, Steve Mason, Heathers, Ryan Sheridan, The Japanese Popstars, Stacey Pullen, Edan the MC, Adrian Crowley, Joker & Nomad, Mountain Man, Monotonix, Philip Selway, Arveene & Misk, Spilly Walker, These New Puritans, Fang Island, The Mighty Stef, Daniel Wang, Brian Deady, Crystal Fighters, Mikki Dee & Mystro, Trojan Soundsystem, Goodtime John, Channel One

SUNDAY:

Massive Attack, The National, Mumford & Sons, Fever Ray, Friendly Fires, Fat Freddy’s Drop, Two Door Cinema Club, Juan Atkins, UNKLE, Fight Like Apes, Laurent Garnier (live), Wolf Parade, The Horrors, The Fall, Dennis Alcapone & the Dubcats, The New Pornographers, Bonobo (live), Land Lovers, The Big Pink, The Low Anthem, Jerry Fish & the Mudbug Club, Liquid Liquid, 808 State, Archie Bronson Outfit, Mr Scruff, Field Music, Cymande II, The Tallest Man on Earth, Beardyman, The Alarm, Stornoway, Dam Funk, James Vincent McMorrow, Mixhell, Neon Indian, Dublin Gospel Choir, Messiah J & the Expert, Dandelion, O Emperor, Jackbeats, The Riptide Movement
                                                                                                                          Just as you have a few hip hop type peoples highlighted i'd highly recomend K'Naan on the Saturday as well, should put on a good show - has a couple of good albums

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0IuUXHBkaw[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X