Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I presume the thread title has something to do with some Hurling God???

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
        I presume the thread title has something to do with some Hurling God???
        I win at ninja edits

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
          He's oldschool Waterford, the swashbuckling carefree (pre Davy Fitz era), thats how they roll. Remember Eoin McGrath going for goal in the 2007 QF v Cork, when a point would have taken it to a replay.

He confirmed last night that he was retiring from inter county. What a career for a Waterford hurler - 4 Munster titles, 3 All Stars and a hurler of the year award. 21 Championship goals in total. Just missing that Celtic Cross obv
          Used to play Full Forward when i was a kid u the age of around 15/16..won many finals etc. They used to call me the "goal machine" and basically played the exact same game as Dan the man. Then i went full back becuase our full back packed it in. Although i would regard myself a better full back than a full foward, nothing beats catching an near impossible ball and then being 1 on 1 with the keeper and burying it when it really matters. Only 21 and cant really pick up a stick again ugh FML.

Comment

I win at ninja edits
            Impressive!!

I'm so impressed I'll leave it as edited

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
              This explains it perfectly

Why bother with milk at all if you have to go away? It is perfect when you get back judging by that diagram.

Comment

I'll tell you one thing now Kev, for all the shite that Dublin fans get when they are on Hill 16 I've never experienced anything like the nastiness I saw there last weekend from a small minority of Waterford fans.

My gf is from Tipp and I was there with her and her 2 brothers and we had to move twice because of them. Every county has a small minority of really bothersome fans but I have to say, in all my travels with GAA I have never seen a worse bunch than the supposed fans from Waterford I met on Sunday.

That Waterford team deserved an All Ireland, but those fans didn't.

That's not a reflection on the majority of Waterford fans by the way who were good humoured and graceful in defeat. I just know you go to games a good bit and I wondered if this was a new phenomenon or has it always been thus?
                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                  I'll tell you one thing now Kev, for all the shite that Dublin fans get when they are on Hill 16 I've never experienced anything like the nastiness I saw there last weekend from a small minority of Waterford fans.

My gf is from Tipp and I was there with her and her 2 brothers and we had to move twice because of them. Every county has a small minority of really bothersome fans but I have to say, in all my travels with GAA I have never seen a worse bunch than the supposed fans from Waterford I met on Sunday.

That's not a reflection on the majority of Waterford fans by the way who were good humoured and graceful in defeat. I just know you go to games a good bit and I wondered if this was a new phenomenon or has it always been thus?
                  There is always an element of scumbags that turn up at the big Waterford games (Munster finals a few years back, nowadays AI Semi Finals or AI Final). Its unfortunate, but its a minority. They often end up beating the shite out of each other!

I remember the 2002 SF against Clare, we were on the hill when this group of well known Waterford out and out dirtbags unfurled a huge banner.
                  "WIN OR LOOSE WE'RE HERE FOR THE BOOZE"

Retards.

Comment

It was most likely Kevs buddies

Comment

Something isn't right in this post, you have a gf??
                      She must be deaf

Comment

There is always an element of scumbags that turn up at the big Waterford games (Munster finals a few years back, nowadays AI Semi Finals or AI Final). Its unfortunate, but its a minority. They often end up beating the shite out of each other!

I remember the 2002 SF against Clare, we were on the hill when this group of well known Waterford out and out dirtbags unfurled a huge banner.
                        "WIN OR LOOSE WE'RE HERE FOR THE BOOZE"

Retards.
                        Yeah that's more or less what I thought. It's just so weird to find that at GAA matches that I was surprised that none of the Waterford or Tipp fans seemed to think it was that unusual.
                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Yeah that's more or less what I thought. It's just so weird to find that at GAA matches that I was surprised that none of the Waterford or Tipp fans seemed to think it was that unusual.
                          Probably more a case of ignoring it as not to draw attention themselves.

Comment

When are you starting the TL;DR new fangled WW game there rigger?
                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                              She must be deaf
                              I reckon most of the regular readers of this forum could pre-empt your replies/smart ass answers to other posts.
                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Thanks for the info guy's re: the redundancy thingy. It's a great help .

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Under normal circumstances the company pays the statutory and reclaims it from the Govt. I believe that in a liquidation circumstance you must claim the statutory from the social welfare yourself. The company need to fill out forms etc

Statutory is 2 weeks per year + 1 bonus week, capped at €600 per week. Any statutory payment is tax free.

She'd be entitled to 9 weeks overall, but as she was PT the last 2 and a half years it will worked at 9 weeks*her PT weekly rate.

Loads more info http://www.citizensinformation.ie/ca...dancy-payments
                                    Be warned that it can sometimes take up to 6 months to recieve payment.

Comment

Urg, life tilt just caused me to pull the mouse out of the computer, breaking the cable. Just realised I've no spare one

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
                                        I reckon most of the regular readers of this forum could pre-empt your replies/smart ass answers to other posts.
                                        meh don't really read to much of the bbv these days, tends to be about 4/5 pages to catch up on when i get in, in the evenings which is 2 much effort to go through.

Comment

good Will Hunting is on bbc3 now, pretty decent film

what a pity about Eliott Smith

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                            what would you post over to a middle aged-ish german woman who loves ireland, as a present?
                                            A copy of Peig

SPOILER
                                            seriously what about something like a Bodhran?
                                            The auld foreign types seem to really get into the Bodhran if given one

Comment

meh don't really read to much of the bbv these days, tends to be about 4/5 pages to catch up on when i get in, in the evenings which is 2 much effort to go through.
                                              Blasphemy!
                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Can someone explain how a shart can somehow hit your shoe when you're wearing long trousers?
                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                  Can someone explain how a shart can somehow hit your shoe when you're wearing long trousers?
                                                  Shart???

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I actually think there is a section of the Tipp terrace that is more troublesome than most.

On a different note i have reached crisis with 3 and there service. They have cut off my service and i can only receive calls they are withholding my texts.

The reason you may ask ? Well i didnt pay my bill ! Why you may ask ?

The agent who sold me the package told me i have 100 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited free weekend calls for my €20.

I run into trouble when my units run out after 1 weekend it appears i dont have unlimited free weekend calls that i have to top up €20 to receive this.

Im now pretty much refusing to pay my bill which i feel i am correct about since i was mislead when signing up. The bill is only €25 but its the principle that is making me stubborn.

Any advice ?
                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

May aswell throw up a different post for this i have 2 phones for sale going to throw them up on adverts soon but if anyone has interest here it would be easier.

I phone 3gs 16gb €380 its 3 months old bought it for her birthday and its unlocked.

Nokia E63 1 month old my father got it as part of a bill phone but cant use it as its to fancy for him. €100

Reason for sale Gf bought iphone 4 today so im going to sell which ever phone i sell first and keep the other. If its a reg poster they can pay me after using the phone to unsure its working perfect which it is.
                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

^^^ Keep the iPhone Enda.

You won't get €380 for it either, I got one 2nd hand for €280 only a week ago

Comment

^^^ http://www.adverts.ie/273454/mobile-...-euro-250-ono/

I was actually looking to see what kind of prices EP tickets are going for when I seen that.

Opr

Comment

it goes on in the stands as well
                                                            i had the pleasure of being stuck between a waterford lad sitting at my 5 oclock and a tipp boyo sitting i seat to my right they were really giving it socks both of them were in their 50's and i thought it was going to come to blows at one stage but it was lol tbh.

all i can say is that in all my years going to matches i have never meet with any hostilities only ever a bit of friendly banter

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

ugghh those Waterford fans Kayroo, it's just not right, makes me kind of angry but what can you do. -> Fecking Culchies in the HILL ?

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                ^^^ Keep the iPhone Enda.

You won't get €380 for it either, I got one 2nd hand for €280 only a week ago
                                                                Not pushed about selling it really going to throw it up at that price anyway and see its great when your selling something you dont really even want to sell. I gave the GF €240 for it so i prob got a good deal.

What do you think of the phone emmet ?
                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Its the dog's bollox.

Comment

Originally posted by Eight-Ball View Post
                                                                    it goes on in the stands as well
                                                                    i had the pleasure of being stuck between a waterford lad sitting at my 5 oclock and a tipp boyo sitting i seat to my right they were really giving it socks both of them were in their 50's and i thought it was going to come to blows at one stage but it was lol tbh.

all i can say is that in all my years going to matches i have never meet with any hostilities only ever a bit of friendly banter
                                                                    The worst ive encountered i think was a Tipp fool in his 30s who lobbed a bottle at a KK girl during last years all ireland. Gardai came up but he got away with it.

Ive seen him twice since on my only bus spin in years which proves my point of absolute lunatics been on buses thank god i dont have to use them and my second time was when i was in hospital i saw him there god only knows what he was doing there.

On the Gaa violence front i hear my club made the national papers yesterday on the Gaa matches been abandoned front what a claim to fame.
                                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                      ugghh those Waterford fans Kayroo, it's just not right, makes me kind of angry but what can you do. -> Fecking Culchies in the HILL ?
                                                                      your right
                                                                      thats why they should get rid of the hill
                                                                      probably build a new stand there and it could be called the shanahan stand

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KTm6l1YoJk&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Thoughts?

Comment

Just watched Touching the void, after last nights recomondation.

All I can really say is WOW...

Only thing though,

SPOILER
                                                                          That Joe was one moany fucker...
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Question for the font of all knowledge that is the BBV, and especially Bubbleking if he is around. I'm doing a cycling/running race on Saturday, which will take me about six hours, so endurance is key. What kind of foods should I be eating on Thursday and Friday? Is pasta the way forward?
                                                                            "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by Eight-Ball View Post
                                                                              your right
                                                                              thats why they should get rid of the hill
                                                                              probably build a new stand there and it could be called the shanahan stand
                                                                              and ye have the cheek to call us jackeens. Hill 16 renamed?

Comment

In relation to ^^, Bubbleking, thoughts on a low carb diet ?
                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
                                                                                  Question for the font of all knowledge that is the BBV, and especially Bubbleking if he is around. I'm doing a cycling/running race on Saturday, which will take me about six hours, so endurance is key. What kind of foods should I be eating on Thursday and Friday? Is pasta the way forward?
                                                                                  I presume you've been training for this so you should have been practising in terms of your nutrition aswell as the physical side of things. The only thing you can do now is carb load but even this should have started a few days ago but I suppose better late than never.

Anything high in carbs is your friend like pasta, wholemeal bread, etc., etc.

And I'm sure it goes without saying you shouldn't be doing anything too strenuous in the next couple of days even training. You've done all you can and now is the time to replenish your energy reserves
                                                                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Thoughts?
                                                                                    Quite like it on first listen.
                                                                                    "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                      Just watched Touching the void, after last nights recomondation.

All I can really say is WOW...

Only thing though,

SPOILER
                                                                                      That Joe was one moany fucker...
                                                                                      Ditto. Literally finished watching it 10 minutes ago. Excellent flick.

SPOILER
                                                                                      I can't imagine the odds on Joe surviving that. He is one guy that could never ever complain about a Bad Beat!! Fair play to him though for giving himself the chance to survive!!

Comment

As part of a weird prop bet thats emerged, what do you reckon the chances are of any small comedy open mic places allowing 6 people who aren't comedians and know each other perform on the same night...?
                                                                                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                          In relation to ^^, Bubbleking, thoughts on a low carb diet ?
                                                                                          TO butt in here..each to their own and all that but if you're doing any sort of physical activity carbs are ridiculously important. They are the body's preferred energy source.

If losing weight is an aim then a calorie controlled diet combined with lots of aerobic/cardiovascular training is the healthiest way.
                                                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

She must be deaf
                                                                                            Alert her to the fact that her boyfriend is using the word 'thus' and she'll be gone like 2 week old milk.
                                                                                            We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                              I presume you've been training for this so you should have been practising in terms of your nutrition aswell as the physical side of things. The only thing you can do now is carb load but even this should have started a few days ago but I suppose better late than never.

Anything high in carbs is your friend like pasta, wholemeal bread, etc., etc.

And I'm sure it goes without saying you shouldn't be doing anything too strenuous in the next couple of days even training. You've done all you can and now is the time to replenish your energy reserves
                                                                                              Well I have been training, but it was far a much shorter race. This was kind of a last minute decision, and basically I'm treating it as practice for the real race in September. Training this week has obviously been much reduced, and I plan on a short cycle and swim tomorrow and a full day of rest on Friday.

I have been eating plenty of pasta this week (and drinking buckets of water) but it dawned me today that I've no idea it this is the right thing too - it's something I would have done for rugby matches etc, never considered if it followed on for longer periods of activity.

Comment

Copa Libertadores final is on in a couple of hours.

Internacional of Brazil won the away leg 2-1 in Guadalajara.
                                                                                                Away goals don't count however so they wont be sitting back, resting on there laurels.
                                                                                                1.5 on betfair at the moment these boys have a very good passing game and Chivas can't come and sit back. I can see a few goals tonight. Javier Hernandez was a huge player for Chivas they are not the same side without him.

I'll have a small bet on over 2.5 @ 1.81 and the home side at 1.5.

Betfair are streaming the game live btw. Should be very entertaining.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45OKNWxvgXg&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W873FDIviM[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGgNthZSRnY[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVAd3NS22zU[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                    Urg, life tilt just caused me to pull the mouse out of the computer, breaking the cable. Just realised I've no spare one
                                                                                                    You're mouse is/was attached to your pc with a cable?

Comment

Nice vid and facial hair going on. Music ain't my cup of tea at all

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                        When are you starting the TL;DR new fangled WW game there rigger?
                                                                                                        We've already begun.

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                                        Me too, had a wireless one stop in the middle of poker, never again.

Its the dog's bollox.
                                                                                                        Am pretty useless when it comes to new technology.
                                                                                                        Still using one of these yokes I got for free from a poker site years ago.

Are vodafone network any use for using the iphone or are you better off with other networks? I'm on vodafone prepay for years, free txts and calls to vodafone which I like.
                                                                                                        Would be nice though to be able to download/listen to a few podcasts, surf the interweb, play ww , watch a show.

Used to spending just 20e a month to maintain the free voda calls and txts.
                                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

When you putting up the thread for WW Lottie

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                                                                            Copa Libertadores final is on in a couple of hours.
                                                                                                            Let me know how Sandro plays, he has signed for Spurs and is coming when the season finishes.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                              Wait till Sunday or Monday to start it imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post

Me too, had a wireless one stop in the middle of poker, never again.
                                                                                                                An 'oldschool' mouse could go just as easily though?

After your experience I presume you know have a back up.

I got a really good mouse with my xps red from Dell but i'm used to my little advent, three years and still going strong!

(the dell is on standby though, just in case.)

Comment

Anyone here seen 'Salt'? How on earth is that getting a semi decent rating on IMDB? It's the most I've hated a film I've seen in the cinema in a long long time and I've seen a fair amount of films...
                                                                                                                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Ace, you should write more like you do on facebook here...

Comment

jonjo's recipies
                                                                                                                      this week i was mostly gased

I Knew it wasnt all in my head or just being drunk, for the past few months i had the sneaky suspicion that all was not right with my trusted cooker, cooking up my favourite dish of sirloin steak onions and mushrooms and fried poatatoes at 4am after a feed of porter was a 3- 4 times weekly ritual, however i had noticed that the cooker used to go on the blink and i was sure it was playing tricks on me giving my inebriated state, id walk away from the cooker for a few minutes and next thing it would me turned off, after i had finished cooking i often returned to the kitchen and the gas was still on even when i remembered turing it off:eek:.

Comment

Not anymore! It was just the basic dell one that came with the computer. I guess now that I'll have to buy one I'll get a wireless one of some sort.

I have a wireless mouse for my laptop alright. Very handy

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                          I'm not!

An 'oldschool' mouse could go just as easily though?
                                                                                                                          Ah no.

After your experience I presume you know have a back up.
                                                                                                                          You would think so...
                                                                                                                          *cough

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                                                          Anyone here seen 'Salt'? How on earth is that getting a semi decent rating on IMDB? It's the most I've hated a film I've seen in the cinema in a long long time and I've seen a fair amount of films...
                                                                                                                          Saw it tonight, dire, started alright, got really silly, it was watchable, but retarded.

IMDB ratings are to be roundly ignored, it is a nonsense website in that sense, decent for non subjective info only.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          As for the non-ending - this is a franchaise, fuck off.
                                                                                                                          And the spider shit, wtf. It got lolbad towards the end, we were just laughing watching it. The president was some fanny.
                                                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X