Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ferg's thread gonna be awesome. Maybe a creative writing/poetry corner. We're sorely missing an intellectual thread since the book club stopped!
    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
      Ferg's thread gonna be awesome. Maybe a creative writing/poetry corner. We're sorely missing an intellectual thread since the book club stopped!
      yeah something to fill that empty void in your life..........
      it would be cool allright

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Sick.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
          would it have been hard to rotate that picture before you posted it
          It was alright in Paint before I uploaded it.

I did put a warning on it too saying you would need to tilt your head.

Comment

yeah its a bit dissapointing really he came on there nearly an hour ago ranting and raving about how to start a thread. i told him about 40 mins ago how to do it. and still no sign of it
            And he called you Colm. Is that your name?

Comment

Cliffs please? Can't get on 2+2 here...

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                Where's the new thread Ferg? This shit better be good!!!
                lolol pressure!!! Thanks ste.....def not posting it now!!!!

Nah, was just gonna ask if anyone was doing any updates from Galway is all ste.....i like to be keeping tabs on ye u know!!

Comment

HA all of ye!! I thought the BBV was for gettin things off ur chest!! Not f8cking adding to them!!! Lads!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                    Raoul,

I reckon after the start the had the Engerlish would be disappointed with that score. What are the odds on this being a draw also. (got me 13/2 last time YVM)
                    any time you bowl the opposition out for under 300 in the first innings of a test is a very good start

England are going to win comfortably, no chance of a draw. We'll know for sure after one and a half sessions tonight

England gonna England as the C Kid might say
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                      And he called you Colm. Is that your name?
                      thats me

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by ferg View Post

Nah, was just gonna ask if anyone was doing any updates from Galway is all ste.....i like to be keeping tabs on ye u know!!
                        LOL this is obv the slowroll before a epic thread. Like your style Ferg.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

HA all of ye!! I thought the BBV was for gettin things off ur chest!! Not f8cking adding to them!!! Lads!!!
                          biggest anti-climax everrrr

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                            @Raoul: How's our horse going in the top-scorer market?

I hopped on your Ashes bets in the hope of making it more interesting for myself, completely oblivious to the fact that it was on at ungodly hours and I have yet to see an innings

Where's a good place to get updates as well?
                            our horse top-scored in England's first innings at the Gabba but hasn't had a chance to bat since . Hopefully he can knock up a big score in this test, will probably only get one chance here though as England are going to slaughter them. Cook and Hussey miles clear in the top-scorer charts atm. Long way to go.

very happy with my series bet after getting out of jail at the Gabba. Australia coming apart at the seams, Ponting getting really narky which is a bad sign for them.

cricinfo probably best for updates

Comment

Especially for ArmaniJeans....i guessed you were classy due to your username!!

Snow oh Snow,
                              See how you blow!
                              You are the best,
                              Definetely NOT a pest!

Snow oh Snow,
                              I wish you could come more often,
                              My feelings would certainly soften.
                              Oh snow!

Oh Snow!
                              You are the most glorious shade of white,
                              Not the ugly color of a termite!
                              You are not bad at all,
                              Just wait till I make you into a snowball!

Snow oh SNOW!
                              I would even pay,
                              To have you come down in a fury every single day!

Oh glorious snow,
                              There is nothing on Earth better than you,
                              You make me very happy, you really do!

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW!
                              Snow, you trickle down in your parachutes of air,
                              A blanket of white building layer after layer,
                              Glistening in the glow of the yellow morning light,
                              SPOILER
                              Right you can fucking stop now, enough of this SHITE

Comment

so.....anyone.....galway updates? Where to get?

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                  It was alright in Paint before I uploaded it.

I did put a warning on it too saying you would need to tilt your head.
                                  I'll tilt your fkn head for ya when i get you ya little roundy fukker

Comment

Latest few episodes of Pokerstars The Big Game on Poketube. Pretty good stuff with some Hellmuth tiltage although not quite a blow up. Some of the play was lolbad especially 1 hand where Hellmuth flat the calls the river with K4dd on a 3 diamond board where Cada bet all the way with a straight

Comment

you know it has to be a sick prop bet when the rules cover what happens in case of suicide or blindness.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                        Damo, at the IPB game I assumed you were a good natured sort employing a belligerent public facade for comedy value.

How close were you to actually hurting me?

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                          Lol you always say that!

Are you fighting in Monaghan tomorrow night?

Comment

Haven't read it yet so don't have cliffs, but here's the OP

Originally posted by NemoInDeniaL
                                            I. Format
                                            1. Playing only HUSNGS with a buy-in of $57.50 or below, NemoIndenial/MadaMadaDonk (stars) will attempt to achieve Supernova Elite status in 2011. With a rake of $2.50s, this works out to 72,728 games for the year, or ~200 games every day for 365 days.

2. In reality, he will play higher than $57.50 from time-to-time, but only the rake generated from these games will contribute to this "quest". Therefore, more accurately, MadaMadaDonk will attempt to generate 1,000,000VPPs playing only $57.50 or lower HUSNGs.

3. In addition to this, MadaMadaDonk must show a profit before rakeback in these games.

4. For the vast majority of the time, MadaMadaDonk will be playing in front of a webcam. There will be some days where he may be unable to do this (traveling, etc.). MadaMadaDonk is allowed to play a maximum of 16 days not in front of a webcam.

5. Results will be tracked via Sharkscope.

II. Proposed Rules
                                            1. All games must be played between 01/01/11 12:00:00AM and 12/31/11 11:59:59PM.

2. MadaMadaDonk would like 4:1 odds and would like to make a minimum wager of $30,000 (he loses $30,000 if he is unable to accomplish this feat, or he wins $120,000 if he is able to accomplish this feat).

3. A one-year challenge such as this presents some unique issues. What if legislation passes restricting "online gaming" in the United States. What if MadaMadaDonk dies? Well:

a) If he is "on pace" (simple pro rata math) at the time of legislation, he will receive the proportional prize. For example, exactly halfway through the year, MadaMadaDonk has 500,000VPPs. He is therefore on pace to achieve 1,000,000VPPs. However, the U.S. legislative body passes a measure making it extremely difficult for MadaMadaDonk to play on PokerStars. If MadaMadaDonk has put up $30,000, and is set to receive $120,000 upon winning, he will be eligible to stop the challenge at this point, with a claim to 1/2 of the $120,000 or $60,000. If he has racked up 750,000VPPs at this point, he is above pace, and would be eligible for 3/4 of the prize (750,000VPPs/1,000,000VPPs), or $90,000. If he is behind pace (499,999VPPs or fewer in this case), he will lose the bet. If legislation is introduced that "opens up the field" and allows for softer games on new sites, AND MadaMadaDonk is on pace to win the challenge, he has the option to forfeit the wager, while giving up only 20% of his bet. I'm sure such legislation would be welcome news for everyone anyway.

b) If he dies, or something happens to him that makes him physically unable to play (this excludes health problems associated with attempting the challenge), and MadaMadaDonk is on pace, the bet is a chop. If his death is ruled a suicide, however (yes, things could get pretty stressful going through with a prop-bet like this), MadaMadaDonk will forfeit the escrow. If he somehow goes blind during the course of the challenge, he has the option to hire multiple people to read him his hole cards and the board, and to click buttons for him (with MadaMadaDonk deciding every action). I imagine this would be fairly enjoyable to watch on the webcam.

III. Escrow
                                            1. Must be someone well trusted, like durr/taylor/galfond/jungleman/SSS. Will be discussed and agreed upon by all parties involved.

2. To add further legitimacy to his efforts, MadaMadaDonk will be blogging frequently during the course of this challenge. Think http://www.cardrunners.com or http://www.pokerstatic.com/ (site or sites to be discussed and agreed upon by all parties involved).

Any other questions or points of discussion can be made in this thread, with MadaMadaDonk responding personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                              you know it has to be a sick prop bet when the rules cover what happens in case of suicide or blindness.
                                              lol now I really want the cliffs

EDIT: TY Dr. Flushdraw

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                that's a big-ass snowman Smurph!
                                                The fact that i'm a shortarse 5ft makes it even more impressive. Yep the kids on the green are planning on making a bigger one today.... should be epic, i'll take some more photos
                                                Follow me in twitterland

Comment

"Playing only HUSNGS with a buy-in of $57.50 or below, NemoIndenial/MadaMadaDonk (stars) will attempt to achieve Supernova Elite status in 2011. With a rake of $2.50s, this works out to 72,728 games for the year, or ~200 games every day for 365 days."
                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Free Education for Everyone, FEE, is an activist group of students and workers set up with the aim of fighting cutbacks in the education system and the proposed re-introduction of third level fees in any form
                                                    surely you can't do both?

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                      "Playing only HUSNGS with a buy-in of $57.50 or below, NemoIndenial/MadaMadaDonk (stars) will attempt to achieve Supernova Elite status in 2011. With a rake of $2.50s, this works out to 72,728 games for the year, or ~200 games every day for 365 days."
                                                      he will go insane and die in the attempt

how many HU SNGs is it it possible to multitable on Stars?

Comment

he will go insane and die in the attempt

how many HU SNGs is it it possible to multitable on Stars?
                                                        Probably 24 but it would be extremely difficult to keep up with gameflow and not time out if playing turbos. I've played 6-8 before and thought my head was going to explode and my game defo suffered

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                          Danger now is that 'guilt' factor will hit in with traditional FF households, could'nt bear to see SF passing their 'old' party out, so even if they would have preferred a change of govt, they would swing back to FF to ensure they passed out SF.

Very surprised if they get less than 20% despite the economic situation.
                                                          it seems fairly certain they'll be sub-20% imo

that said, if it came down to a choice between tactically voting for a FF candidate in order to deny a SF candidate the seat, I'd probably vote FF.

I'm concerned by this recent increase in SF support, hopefully it's just a reaction to the Donegal result and will subside once Adams comes on the telly making an idiot out of himself like he did in the last election. That said, no doubt they'll pick up quite a few seats in working class consitutencies.

Comment

Just reading boards the last couple of days trying to avoid doing work and the general reaction over there towards SF is scary.

Comment

Just reading boards the last couple of days trying to avoid doing work and the general reaction over there towards SF is scary.
                                                              what's the tone DC? I haven't been on boards since we departed

Comment

yeah its a bit dissapointing really he came on there nearly an hour ago ranting and raving about how to start a thread. i told him about 40 mins ago how to do it. and still no sign of it

unless this is one of the biggest genius levels yet
                                                                Originally posted by The Situation View Post

Could a mod enforce a banhammer if Ferg hasn't got some decent thread up by end of the day??

Comment

i only saw the first 4 words of the url "supernova-elite-small-stakes" and felt like committing suicide, i hope it isnt what i think it is having a look now

Comment

what's the tone DC? I haven't been on boards since we departed
                                                                    Taking the challenge over the by-election and possibly about the bailout seems to have won them some extra support.

Fair play to Sinn Fein, the only party that acts like it cares about Ireland...

Finding it a bit disturbing how more and more people don't see them as a serious alternative.
                                                                    Well done SF, the only party with a bit of backbone it seems.

Etc Etc. Although in fairness, probably not that accurate of a picture for the country all things considered.

An opinion poll out tomorrow shows support for Fianna Fáil at its lowest level ever and puts the party in fourth place behind Sinn Féin.
                                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 03-12-10, 12:27.

Comment

Taking the challenge over the by-election and possibly about the bailout seems to have won them some extra support.
                                                                      yup, banging the populist drum certainly works with the droolers!

Labour are doing this to an extent too

who do you think your leader will be going into the election?

Comment

that said, if it came down to a choice between tactically voting for a FF candidate in order to deny a SF candidate the seat, I'd probably vote FF.

I'm concerned by this recent increase in SF support, hopefully it's just a reaction to the Donegal result and will subside once Adams comes on the telly making an idiot out of himself like he did in the last election. That said, no doubt they'll pick up quite a few seats in working class consitutencies.
                                                                        In fairness, the poll today is done with 1,000 Sun readers

Comment

I'm no avid fan of cricket but I have to say despite their bad start I've been very impressed with Hussey. By all accounts his inclusion was questioned in the Aussie side, which seems redic now seen as without him they'd be probably 1 down with the 2nd defeat looking certain. One for the older guys. Yey. Fair due Mike. Engerland are more than capable of a collapse it's in their DNA.

Comment

cabin fever definitely setting in now, have been working from home since Tuesday

I'm going outside to have a snowball fight with the dog

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                              Could a mod enforce a banhammer if Ferg hasn't got some decent thread up by end of the day??
                                                                              wtf is a banhammer ste!!

Comment

I'm no avid fan of cricket but I have to say despite their bad start I've been very impressed with Hussey. By all accounts his inclusion was questioned in the Aussie side, which seems redic now seen as without him they'd be probably 1 down with the 2nd defeat looking certain. One for the older guys. Yey. Fair due Mike. Engerland are more than capable of a collapse it's in their DNA.
                                                                                England 5/6, Aus 7/2, Draw 9/4 are PP's odds.
                                                                                I'll lay you the draw or Australia at those prices if you like. Or if you want to give me evens against England, I'll back them.

in order to collapse, this usually implies that the opposition are capable of getting you out

Hussey was an awesome player a few years back but seems to have lost it, nice to see him back on form

edit; Strauss is a decent bet at 6/1 to be top English series runscorer. Cook 1/2 which seems ridic. at this stage.
                                                                                Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 03-12-10, 12:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                  X-Factor punters,
                                                                                  wtf happened, that Matt fella's odds dropped hugely, so the planned one direction lay off is bust for now,
                                                                                  His odds have barely changed in the last 2 weeks.

Comment

yup, banging the populist drum certainly works with the droolers!

Labour are doing this to an extent too

who do you think your leader will be going into the election?
                                                                                    in fairness, FF and FG are happy banging the populist drum when it suits them, FFS we've had 80 years of it. From the early days of Clan Na Gael to "The Republican Party" through to Bertie the Socialist there's been populism a plenty in Irish politics.
                                                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                      X-Factor punters,
                                                                                      wtf happened, that Matt fella's odds dropped hugely, so the planned one direction lay off is bust for now,
                                                                                      Get as much money as you can on Mary getting eliminated next.
                                                                                      Borrow money from a friend if needs be
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

sorry for your loss Conor
                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                          Get as much money as you can on Mary getting eliminated next.
                                                                                          Borrow money from a friend if needs be
                                                                                          Yeah agree with this. She'l be up against Cher more than likely, maybe Rebecca and she's 100% a goner providing it's a straightforward elimination

Comment

cabin fever definitely setting in now, have been working from home since Tuesday

I'm going outside to have a snowball fight with the dog
                                                                                            I've realised that it must have been Cabin Fever that made our Viking ancestors the wonderfully expansionist business people they were. Every spring they have just ran out of the house with a dread of ever having to sit by the fire with wives, in laws, annoying kids, smelly dogs etc. again.
                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Bookmark this lads, ye'll thank me in a few years:

link

Comment

what's your seat prediction now?

Comment

England 5/6, Aus 7/2, Draw 9/4 are PP's odds.
                                                                                                  I'll lay you the draw or Australia at those prices if you like. Or if you want to give me evens against England, I'll back them.

in order to collapse, this usually implies that the opposition are capable of getting you out

Hussey was an awesome player a few years back but seems to have lost it, nice to see him back on form

edit; Strauss is a decent bet at 6/1 to be top English series runscorer. Cook 1/2 which seems ridic. at this stage.
                                                                                                  Meh, I hitting and running with my cricket bet from last week.(unlike the Aussies) Although tempted by the draw, I'd be looking for 3 to 1 so betfairs me man there.

Comment

So is Mary to be the 12th elimination in the X Factor lumpage material yeah??

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                      So is Mary to be the 12th elimination in the X Factor lumpage material yeah??
                                                                                                      Throw it on with Boyles, they'll prob refund your stake if she's eliminated 13th, 14th and 15th and throw in a free bet too.
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                        I've realised that it must have been Cabin Fever that made our Viking ancestors the wonderfully expansionist business people they were. Every spring they have just ran out of the house with a dread of ever having to sit by the fire with wives, in laws, annoying kids, smelly dogs etc. again.
                                                                                                        The Basque enclave of Connaught does not recognise these Vikings you speak of as anything other than murderin bastards, murderin bastards with hot daughters

Comment

Etc Etc. Although in fairness, probably not that accurate of a picture for the country all things considered.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...6#post69350296
                                                                                                          The shinners and other groups tend to come out in force on forums
                                                                                                          It can paint a very distorted picture

If you were to believe boards, Ireland in 2010 wants a united Ireland as strongly as we did in the 30's

*
                                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 03-12-10, 13:22. Reason: *

Comment

@ Keane,

I don't know if you get the texts from Fitzpatricks, but there is a 40+5 f/o tonight with a monkey added, chinese buffet and some other prizes. Should be decent, I might even head in.

Comment

what's your seat prediction now?
                                                                                                              33

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                                                The shinners and other groups tend to come out in force on forums
                                                                                                                It can paint a very distorted picture
                                                                                                                yeah, plus left wingers wasters like Raoul are bound to have more time to dedicate to posting rhetoric online.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                  Condolences to you and all the family Conor.

Never a good time, but it's always tougher this close to Christmas. Fergus (babymaker/onetime) lost his father about a week ago too and i can only imagine how t feels
                                                                                                                  Shit thats poxy, see he isnt on Facebook anymore can you send him my best wishes Tony and hope he is doing ok.
                                                                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Meh, I hitting and running with my cricket bet from last week.(unlike the Aussies) Although tempted by the draw, I'd be looking for 3 to 1 so betfairs me man there.
                                                                                                                    eh, the draw is 3.3 on betfair i.e. 9/4

Comment

took the dog down in epic HU snowball fight

cleared the drive of snow, somewhat pointlessly as it's getting seriously grey out

fire lit, soup on

there's a lot to be said for hibernation

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        isn't that why we play poker?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                          Haven't read it yet so don't have cliffs, but here's the OP
                                                                                                                          this is just wrong
                                                                                                                          If he somehow goes blind during the course of the challenge, he has the option to hire multiple people to read him his hole cards and the board, and to click buttons for him (with MadaMadaDonk deciding every action). I imagine this would be fairly enjoyable to watch on the webcam.
                                                                                                                          id imagine multi tabling HU would be the last thing on your mind if you went blind

Doctor: you are blind sir
                                                                                                                          looper: yes Doc but what size bet did table 17 just put in
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 03-12-10, 13:38.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X