Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're Rishi Sunak, surely the smart play is not to take the job (if offered)?
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      If you're Rishi Sunak, surely the smart play is not to take the job (if offered)?
      Words out of my mouth. I thought similar during the last run, why follow Boris when you’re so far behind Labour.

It must be the case now, he can’t represent anything close to value at even money.

Maybe Ben Wallace, military steady the ship situation, apparently Truss laughed at him when she reneged on her promise to him on defence.

Comment

How can they not have an election after that fiasco?

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

In conjunction with the saucer people...
          We prefer to be refereed to as Truth Seekers...
          This too shall pass.

Comment

Assume Labour don't call for a general election for another good while in order to realise even more gains during this clusterfuck?
            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

The speed of the leadership election makes you think that Sunak is willing to take it.

That said, perhaps the mention of defence at the end makes me think that Wallace is a possibility.

Yep, getting on Wallace here.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                The speed of the leadership election makes you think that Sunak is willing to take it.

That said, perhaps the mention of defence at the end makes me think that Wallace is a possibility.
                They might as well elect Mick Wallace for all the good it might do

Comment

"....Freedoms of Brexit....."

Comment

Although at least countries like Italy will now be feeling pleasantly superior about the bastion of democratic stability that they represent.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                      "....Freedoms of Brexit....."

It ALL leads back to Brexit. They fucked themselves, for a lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                        Assume Labour don't call for a general election for another good while in order to realise even more gains during this clusterfuck?
                        they're way outnumbered - the joke that was last night shows that the ridiculous "parties within the party" disaster that is the FPTP setup in UK means that the Conservatives won't oust themselves, but there really isn't a "themselves".

Comment

In Liz we don’t truss
                          gone before hitches few Bob hit the floor

Comment

Hunt confirmed a N/R and Sunak has gone odds on.

Comment

Obviously it would completely go against the grain for any politician to turn don the highest office (after all, that is their No 1 masturbatory fantasy) but Sunak really should.

Comment

Obviously it would completely go against the grain for any politician to turn don the highest office (after all, that is their No 1 masturbatory fantasy) but Sunak really should.
                                I feel if he takes it, this is an example of where we totally underestimate the level of self-efficacy that these politicians have.

Comment

have to say , this is all very amusing stuff to see the lofty snotty Tories descend into a rabble like this. They really are horrible people in the main. However Labour must equally be ashamed of themselves that these self serving wankers were readily backed . The whole rotten party needs gutting. I really didn’t think (despite Boris) that they could conjure up a couple of years that rivalled the (ongoing) Trump Fiasco. Let’s hope there is more drama to see as it beats anything Netflix have to offer. Tonight It’s a Westminster and Chill babe?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                    Got a letter in the door saying I was getting a 3.5% increase. Which pretty sure was CPI rate last month.
                                    Current writing an email, asking for a pay review. Which would be much easier to do if I had got nothing like some staff would have.
                                    So wrote that email back in July, and increase was increased without issue. Pull aside today, and handed a letter to say I was being promoted to Associate, with another bump up the ladder. Not a bad few months.

Shameless brag obv. But sure needs to be some occasional BBV;ing in the BBV

Comment

The lettuce actually made it.

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The Russian architects of project UK destabilisation, which started with swinging the Brexit vote, deserve some caviar and triple distilled vodka today. A former G7 titan in a jocker. EU dismantlement surely the next target.
                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

OK which IPB account is actually a Petri dish of brain cells?

Boo! The AI coming to get you.

Comment

Firstly they'll need to find an agreed candidate
                                            to avoid giving the old fogey membership a choice.
                                            Look what happened with Truss v Sunak.
                                            Secondly lol at a general election any time soon.
                                            Thirdly I'll be following Hitch's political tips closely,
                                            with a strong financial investment in the counter strategy.
                                            He can even BBV sitting Prime Ministers in a matter of hours!
                                            Last edited by DeeBrown; 20-10-22, 14:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Think they're all on the website. He puts the work in, in fairness to him, as he would have had to go to each page individually to get the large email list he collated.
                                              It's about a two minute python job
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

I feel if he takes it, this is an example of where we totally underestimate the level of self-efficacy that these politicians have.
                                                Boris backed off the boards, into 3/1.

I mean they couldn't be that crazy. Could they?

Comment

They might be missing an obvious win by seemingly ignoring the likes of Ben Wallace. A rather dour guy. But that's probably what you need. Rather than someone with too much enthusiasm.

Comment

Bah Gawd, that's Theresa May's Music!

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Though, a nice price on Gove @50/1
                                                      Joris @ 3s!

Comment

Logically Penny is probably the only choice that makes some sense, if you take into account membership and MP's left.
                                                        She's a good Brexit nutcase and is just as malleable as Liz but has 'assets' that may appeal to some
                                                        Hunt knows CX is the seemingly where the real power is, Sunak is the wrong colour

53 resigned a few weeks ago cause Boris wouldn't step down ffs
                                                        The only possible way he'd be in is to potentially avoid an election but he still has an ethics committee thing to deal with

1922 will fix it so that the members get Mourdant v Sunak, but it wont go that far
                                                        as in reality 2 heads will end up being just 1 as the other withdraws bases on a MP vote

But honestly, this could all be horsehit in an hour the rate this is going

Comment

Penny would definitely be the most fuckable PM in history.
                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

An online vote for PM?
                                                            That's the sound of a million PC's booting up in Moscow

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                              Anthony Eden surely a more debonair and rakish figure. I'll let CC opine.

Sir_Anthony-Eden_number_10_Official-1.jpg

Comment

Season 2 of This England no longer looks that unlikely

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

Comment

Hopefully

Boris at 16s to be next PM seems decent
                                                                    And now 11s
                                                                    I think it's a bit early for him though. If Truss had waited till the New Year to implode i'd give him a far stronger chance.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                      Though, a nice price on Gove @50/1
                                                                      Joris @ 3s!
                                                                      Gove is arguably a bigger eejit than Truss though.

Comment

Ronaldo in full-on spoilt toddler mode. Have to say the new manager seems to be handling it beautifully.

Comment

Boris for the absolute LOL's Asides from being just a lolbad egomaniac he still has to face a parliamentary committee that is unlikely to clear him of all the myriad crimes and misdemeanours that got him fired.

Trading at 3.5

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

If they don't elect Rishi they are doomed

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                              If they don't elect Rishi they are doomed
                                                                              All Johnson needs to do to win is get on the ticket,

Sunak probably needs to be the only one with 100 Maps behind him by Sunday, he might struggle to win a membership vote against anyone who wasn't e.g. Badenach or Cleverly
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                On a totally different topic, I'm really loving Sorcha Richardson's new album - Smiling Like an Idiot. It's a pretty laid back, chilled out album. She'll definitely make an appearance in the Top 20 at the end of the year.
                                                                                Gave it a full listen . Not an improvement on the earlier one . Bit samey .

Comment

Ukraines official Twitter account (which acts like a banter corporation account) posted and deleted this this morning- cringe
                                                                                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                  This gallery has 1 photos.
                                                                                  Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

See TENI got there funding suspended I’d say the terrible governance is standard in the NGO sector- taxpayers getting stitched up like mugs by these wasters
                                                                                    Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Comment

This is pretty class though

Comment

I think penny is done.
                                                                                          I didn't know about this, amazed she was even on the ticket last time
                                                                                          The brother of Leader of the Commons MP Penny Mordaunt has been in court for attempting to engage a child in sexual communication

Comment

Currently having an allegedly serious conversation with someone in work who wants me to approve €8k for an optical reading machine for paper-based multiple-choice tests. Seems perplexed with my suggestion that the internet has now been invented and is almost reaching the mainstream.

Comment

Boris now favourite

Comment

• Nothing as judgemental as a tramload of Germans when you fail to realise mask wearing is still mandatory on public transport.

Comment

• Nothing as judgemental as a tramload of Germans when you fail to realise mask wearing is still mandatory on public transport.
                                                                                                  Germans trams and masks and mandatory orders . Hmmmm

RIP El Stuntman

Comment

QQ for those who might have had similar experience.
                                                                                                    My missus gave up work years ago to look after her dad and we started doing joint assesment.
                                                                                                    With the father now in full time care, she has ventured back out into the workforce and upon her 2nd paycheck (first was assumed emergancy tax),noticed she is being taxed on her full pay.
                                                                                                    Given it's only a small part time thing, my assumption is we are better off leaving as is, but she's a little miffed
                                                                                                    Am I right or wrong?

Comment

Thoughts? Particularly on the betting implications? Am hesitant to go it alone, without other people corroborating my thinking, due to yesterdays disaster. But this analysis - if true - would suggest that Penny is the bargain of the century in terms of betting.

Comment

Thoughts? Particularly on the betting implications? Am hesitant to go it alone, without other people corroborating my thinking, due to yesterdays disaster. But this analysis - if true - would suggest that Penny is the bargain of the century in terms of betting.

Ah ya, bet the mortgage on her. Definitely seems sensible. You are rarely wrong about these things.

Comment

Not sure if that’s a good take or not but if Sam Freedman comes back and says it’s not, I would tend to go with that.

I’ll make sure to let you know if your take makes it into his next post.

Comment

Ah ya, bet the mortgage on her. Definitely seems sensible. You are rarely wrong about these things.
                                                                                                            You only get better by trying to improve yourself. Which is why when you were born you would have been labeled 2starpoo, and look at you now Mr BigFancy 6starpoo.

Comment

You only get better by trying to improve yourself. Which is why when you were born you would have been labeled 2starpoo, and look at you now Mr BigFancy 6starpoo.
                                                                                                              You don't get the reference, but if you did it'd actually have been 0starpool when I was born. Was 2starpool when I was 2 though.

Comment

You don't get the reference, but if you did it'd actually have been 0starpool when I was born. Was 2starpool when I was 2 though.
                                                                                                                ffs, I even went on wiki and the only reference to six there was to six euro cup wins.

maybe you could add a footnote to your name, just to avoid others being similarly and unnecessarily confused

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                  QQ for those who might have had similar experience.
                                                                                                                  My missus gave up work years ago to look after her dad and we started doing joint assesment.
                                                                                                                  With the father now in full time care, she has ventured back out into the workforce and upon her 2nd paycheck (first was assumed emergancy tax),noticed she is being taxed on her full pay.
                                                                                                                  Given it's only a small part time thing, my assumption is we are better off leaving as is, but she's a little miffed
                                                                                                                  Am I right or wrong?
                                                                                                                  I've a mate in a similar boat with his missus. You use the tax credit better on the higher earner's payroll provide the lower earner is still in the lower band. It's not massive money but yes it is more tax efficient. When his partner goes back full-time and into the higher tax bracket there's no tax benefit to be had anymore.

As he said it makes SFA difference when it goes into the joint account

Comment

ffs, I even went on wiki and the only reference to six there was to six euro cup wins.

maybe you could add a footnote to your name, just to avoid others being similarly and unnecessarily confused
                                                                                                                    That's the one. They hadn't won any when I was born. Maybe you think I'm younger than I am though. I'm a couple of months younger than auld man Lazare and auld man ionapaul. I'm a few months older than young buck Kev though.

Comment

Penny into 10s from 16s when I posted this. Could I have accidentally stumbled upon an actually correct idea and then been too nervous to profit from it.

Comment

Ah yes, 99c for the beer I pay 3.89 for in Ireland.

They have their priorities straight imo.

Comment

Lads, stop effecting HH's decision.
                                                                                                                          Leave 'im to reach his own conclusion & we can pile in on the opposite line.
                                                                                                                          Bish Bash Bosh energy bill paid.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X