This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
    Im not sure about your circumstances but my routine is everything to me and ultimate tool in managing weight. Im still working but the pre/post work routine is gone to shite with added 2/3 bottle each night while i digest the news.

Ill be doing up plan over the weekend and dusting of the weight lifting bands that came 3 weeks ago

Once i stop the exercising its so harder to be disciplined with the cals!
    My routine was getting up at 7.30 am going to work home dinner few vinos bed, asleep by 11. 30, 12 ish

Routine now bed anywhere between 2 am to 4 am get up anywhere from 12pm to 2 pm some days just stay in bed all day long bored off my tits.

Any paint jobs, spring cleaning, gardening all done so now I'm starting to get really down in myself and it's deffo effecting me . I've no graw or willpower to stick to anything. It's just like ah cant be arsed, be grand I'll start next week shur I've all the time in the world now.

Main hobbies drinking and eating not even a graw for online poker.

I'd describe my current self like something off a channel 4 reality show tbh.
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

how does the risk/reward stack up given Ireland is quite a small economy? I assume any recession/depression for Ireland will be mainly dictated by circumstances outside our control so does that mean there's less incentive for Ireland to get things rolling compared with the UK or USA?
      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

mad thread

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          Whats the source for that?

This lot I'd say. They seem to be the general quoted source on such figures.

I'm not sure if commercial or EU organization, But seemed to have evolved from the Danish lot https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statens_Serum_Institut looks to be a commercial vaccine operation.

I've become a lot more suspicious of Danish organizations after watching gangs of London is why I know this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
            My 15 yr old putting me to shame off sugar day 16 I think. You tube exercises 3 times, a, day, 5 k walk 5 times, a week or cycle.

Weight falling off her and me munching shite into her face. Her birthday was 16th April and a friend left roses sweets, and her fav crisps at front door. They are sitting on top of fridge untouched.

Following some wan on you tube and rightly into it.

Fair play. she says mam why don't you do
            the no sugar. I will yeah I said, if you find me a sugarless alcoholic drink
            gin and diet 7up?
            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
              gin and diet 7up?
              I'd say plenty sugar in gin and even the 7 up.
              She was looking at back of packets of food and even fish had sugar has to be <0.6

She bought organic brown pasta sugar in it. Wouldn't eat it.
              Her sky-ness
              © 5starpool

Comment

My routine was getting up at 7.30 am going to work home dinner few vinos bed, asleep by 11. 30, 12 ish

Routine now bed anywhere between 2 am to 4 am get up anywhere from 12pm to 2 pm some days just stay in bed all day long bored off my tits.

Any paint jobs, spring cleaning, gardening all done so now I'm starting to get really down in myself and it's deffo effecting me . I've no graw or willpower to stick to anything. It's just like ah cant be arsed, be grand I'll start next week shur I've all the time in the world now.

Were all eating/drinking too much Sats
                Wouldnt worry too much much about that

When I get out for walk/excercise I feel hugely better mentally.

It's nice coming home after a good walk or training session I feel like I have earned the movie and booze.

Hang in there

Comment

We still have a hard brexit to look forward to.

Comment

I'd say plenty sugar in gin and even the 7 up.
                    She was looking at back of packets of food and even fish had sugar has to be <0.6

She bought organic brown pasta sugar in it. Wouldn't eat it.
                    Nope, no sugar in the likes of Gin. Drink up

Opr

Comment

Winter is coming.

Comment

One thing Im going to go back to as found it great for building a foundation for health routine is couch to 5k. I lost a shit load of weight when i did it 5 years ago and start the fitness journey.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                          I was just about to post how fucking awful I thought the second series was...lol.
                          Same here. Season 2 is really poor compared to 1

Comment

gin and diet 7up?
                            Diet drinks make your body think its getting sugar and react as such then crave it

Not the best if giving up sugar

Gin, Soda Water, LOTS of squeezed lime... Dam Fine Drink!

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                              Nope, no sugar in the likes of Gin. Drink up

Opr
                              Really! Wow that's only thing was putting me off but as said above I just can't motivate myself and I should for her as she is cooking all her own meals, and would obv cook for me.
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

Tonic water has sugar wtf
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

Tonic water IS sugar!

Would be a better way to put it!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                    Diet drinks make your body think its getting sugar and react as such then crave it

Not the best if giving up sugar

Gin, Soda Water, LOTS of squeezed lime... Dam Fine Drink!
                                    It's still a question of will power though. Depriving yourself of everything can increase craving too. Finding whatever works for the individual is best in these spots imo.

yup. Big differences in tonic water vs diet 7up vs sparkling water. Swapping diet 7up for tonic cuts out a lot of calories in a night of drinking. Water (still or sparkling) with sugar free mi wadi and vodka another nice drink. Gin, diet 7up, lemon and lime still by far my favourite go-to though.
                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

It's still a question of will power though. Depriving yourself of everything can increase craving too. Finding whatever works for the individual is best in these spots imo.
                                      If you are "depriving" yourself, you're looking at it wrong!
                                      Last edited by Guest; 02-05-20, 01:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
                                        Every country fucked this up (and still are) and would be top of the list of 'What would we do differently?'
                                        A few countries that managed it well. Mostly countries that had strict travel controls early, going against the advice from the WHO.

There's places that haven't had new cases in days and are looking at getting back to normal due to their early intervention and tracing.
                                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 02-05-20, 01:39.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Dry wines have very little sugar in them

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                              If you are "depriving" yourself, you're looking at it wrong!
                                              it's different sides of the same coin?
                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                    It's hard to get away from the fact that Milka make some of the best chocolate bars out there. They've just nailed milk chocolate.
                                                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                    I'm a Cote d'Or man. Always lash a load of them into the suitcase when I'm in Rotterdam.

(unexpected Coronavirus bonus; not having to go on innumerable stupid work trips )
                                                    Whitaker's from new Zealand is by far the best mass produced chocolate out there.

Comment

Still with the weird beating up on science!

Giving advice based on what science knows is not a bad thing. Once a scientific policy body starts going against what is known to be true, that's when the problems emerge.
                                                      It's not beating up on science. It's beating up on slow moving incompetent bureaucrats who waited for too much confirmation. Go back and watch the first big presser they did in it. It was a shit show.
                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 02-05-20, 02:20.

Comment

on the calories talk, I have been seriously struggling to find low calorie ice cream in shops. I must've tried 6 different times in 3 different shops (2 different Supervalu and a Tesco) for Oppo ice cream over the last couple weeks with zero success. Then the bloody Aldi brand low-cal ice cream was out of stock today.
                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

on the calories talk, I have been seriously struggling to find low calorie ice cream in shops. I must've tried 6 different times in 3 different shops (2 different Supervalu and a Tesco) for Oppo ice cream over the last couple weeks with zero success. Then the bloody Aldi brand low-cal ice cream was out of stock today.

Good shit.
                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                            usually 6 bucks a tub though isn't it? The Aldi stuff and Oppo is usually like €2.50-€3.50 I think. Don't like the taste of Halo quite as much as Oppo too.
                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Alpro 360 is 6 quid but a lot nicer than halotop

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                Their Central Bank had negative rates.

It's not a like to like comparison though. They have extra fees for things that Irish Banks do for "free".
                                                                I was aware that negative central rates existed. But then think they would ever be passed on fully to customer so they make money from a mortgage.
                                                                “Extra fees” may explain it though. If it’s fixed on a long period and they are maintenance fees. They end up paying money overall.
                                                                The quoted rate should be inclusive in this day and age.

Comment

Omnivores of the BBV. The ricewanker chat had me thinking of what modern cooking gadget I could buy myself. There’s been a few mentioned here.

Pot-side sous vide stick. Anyone try the cheap amazon versions.
                                                                  Cheap vac bag for the above
                                                                  Meat thermometer. Either one that can go in the oven when it’s on via a lead. Or even a wireless one for bbq.

Comment

Decided imma be a Poker "Pro" for May.

Fuck all else to do and Leo paying me 1600 snots a month towards my meagre real life salary.

Night 1 summary....

Into Day 2 of Party Million game near the 25 x investments return

played a shedload of other shite fora 1.5x return, meh.

Then aftwer opeming bottle trhee if Alkbai Rioja jumped intom 50c .1dolla cash

was soon in 2/4 dolla cash

they all left

tldr back 2mrw in m new jurb

Comment

Wife not on board.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                        Wife not on board.
                                                                        Any interest in meeting up for a game of boules in Bushy? (there's no way that doesn't sound like a euphemism for something filthy)
                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Kim Jong Un back in action for Mayday. Looking just as healthy as ever

North Korean state media published pictures Saturday of leader Kim Jong Un making his first public appearance in nearly three weeks, following intense specul...

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                            Any interest in meeting up for a game of boules in Bushy? (there's no way that doesn't sound like a euphemism for something filthy)
                                                                            Do we bring our own balls?

May have to re-think this poker pro lark. 4 hours kip before being jumped on by kids not seeming to lend itself to the lifestyle choice.

Comment

Do we bring our own balls?
                                                                              I have extra balls if you need them.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                I have extra balls if you need them.
                                                                                Are they the right size for my hands?

Comment

They're all around the same size (73mm) though do vary in weight from 494g to 727g. Think anything under 800g is allowed.

Comment

@Jbravado...

Jair Bolsonaro was asked to comment on Brazil's mounting death toll, which is currently more than 6000.

His reply?

'So what? I'm sorry. What do you want me to do?'

Leo checks his notes to make sure he gives us accurate info, and you think that's a disgrace.
                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

...

Comment

Get a room you two

Comment

It was only when I saw that Weight Watchers had a brand of wine that I started realising that liquids have calories in them. This was a while ago admittedly. Up to that point had never really occurred to me that e.g. wine had all this stuff in addition to alcohol - such as calorific sugars. They should really put calorie counts on wines, beers etc. Simply because it doesn't make sense to put it on solid food but not on liquid food. I think they even put calories on a can of coke, but not on a can of beer?
                                                                                          Thought I'd spotted this info on beer cans recently, so just had a look at what is in my fridge.
                                                                                          The Aldi cans and wine all have the calorie information, presumably they don't think it does damage to their business.
                                                                                          558 calories in that nice own-label Malbec I mentioned earlier in the year. Not sure whether that's good or bad comparatively. Does seem a lot, probably 30% more than I would have guessed.
                                                                                          No information on the non-Aldi wine or beers. Really should be compulsory alright.
                                                                                          Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 02-05-20, 09:42.

Comment

I think that info is on UK booze. Could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                              Omnivores of the BBV. The ricewanker chat had me thinking of what modern cooking gadget I could buy myself. There’s been a few mentioned here.

Pot-side sous vide stick. Anyone try the cheap amazon versions.
                                                                                              Cheap vac bag for the above
                                                                                              Meat thermometer. Either one that can go in the oven when it’s on via a lead. Or even a wireless one for bbq.
                                                                                              Cheap amazon ones are surprisingly robust and do the job perfectly well.

I got the one in Lidl. Wasn't planning on getting one initially but using ziplock bags and straws is just messing.

The meat thermometers in IKEA are a great job and cheap as chips. If feeling fancy you could try the Silicon Valley version: https://meater.com/

Comment

The Isousvide gear I got at xmas is getting weekly use. Duck, chicken and beef cooked in it are unreal, and consistent results. Carrots and veg like that also excellent, altho there is a lot of cooking time if doing different things at different temps.
                                                                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Cheap amazon ones are surprisingly robust and do the job perfectly well.

I got the one in Lidl. Wasn't planning on getting one initially but using ziplock bags and straws is just messing.

The meat thermometers in IKEA are a great job and cheap as chips. If feeling fancy you could try the Silicon Valley version: https://meater.com/
                                                                                                  Gonna have a go at your bread roll today to hopefully have with roast chicken and salad tomorrow. Local Spar had a load of strong white flour. Couldn't get it in Supervalu earlier in the week.

Comment

Takes 2 days though!

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                      How did this go down?
                                                                                                      Fantastic.
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Takes 2 days though!
                                                                                                        I didn't watch the video beyond the first stage yet. Assumed it was ready to bake after 24 hours?

Comment

Normal People is a quality production. Feels authentic in its Irishness. Evocative of relationships many of us had in our youth. Has a real depth to it. Lenny knows what he is doing.

The champagne glass wanker scene made me chuckle.

Your man from it came across very well on the late late.
                                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                            I have to say I'm equally fascinated and appalled in equal measure about the reverence tinned or jars of french food gets.
                                                                                                            It's still factory processed gloop right?
                                                                                                            I suspect that both ingredients and cooking are streets ahead of the shite you get here. And, as Zuut says, it tastes fucking great.

So on the tins: just removed four confit duck legs from their own fat. Will be having them for tay, with of course potatoes roasted in said duck fat plus whatever veg can be rustled up. And one (maybe two) of the good bottles of Bordeaux. A meal fit for a Duke.
                                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Re Normal People this is brilliant..

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                  I didn't watch the video beyond the first stage yet. Assumed it was ready to bake after 24 hours?
                                                                                                                  No half the dough is prefermented for 24 hrs then the rest for another 24. I'd say just give it a lash with the lot and see how it goes.

Comment

No half the dough is prefermented for 24 hrs then the rest for another 24. I'd say just give it a lash with the lot and see how it goes.
                                                                                                                    Ahh. It's no bother though, I'll just roast the chicken on Monday so.

I suck at baking though so am giving myself a 25% chance of getting it right.

Comment

Me too, but the instructions are excellent. It's more do exactly as he says, than having any technical expertise.

Comment

it's different sides of the same coin?
                                                                                                                        Na it's not, diet 7 up, low calorie icecream...

Just eat less of it but make it the good stuff when you do

It's not about calories, it's about habits, hormones, sugars and insulin production...worry about calories later if you want

You won't change the habit by taking the option marketed as "healthy"

You won't sort out insulin if you keep spiking it

The world has gotten obese following the grain good, fat bad, count calories, healthy junk food diet...

Comment

Shopping in Lidl just now sweet old lady closer to 80 than 70 comes past me and I say to her smiling 'is it Tuesday already?'. She says Sorry what?. I said is it Tuesday already because your not meant to be out of your house until Tuesday. Slightly perplexed she goes 'who said that I never heard it?'. I said the government Leo Varadkar. 'Ah I don't listen to all them, I never have listened to that shower'.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X