Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck off with the food picks for pitys sake.

Its 5am and I'm running into the kitchen for some brown bread with butter.

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
      There are lads out there (nicnicnic) that if you told them they had to do that for a game they would snap your hand off.... Golf it is one hella of drug!!
      Shudder at the thought but understand perception from my posts.

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
      any other recs out there? Am through Tiger King, Ozark Se.03, McMafia & Gangs Of London. What should be next?
      You seen the Fargo's, Narcos ?

Couple in general people could have missed along the way that I think worth the watch.

I keep tipping Get Shorty. I taught was great but I seem to be on my own. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5761496/

C4's Utopia is excellent but not for everyone. Must revisit actually.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
        Fuck off with the food picks for pitys sake.

Its 5am and I'm running into the kitchen for some brown bread with butter.
        I'm impressed with someone finally posting a pic of something that went arseways. We all have a tendency to try and present a slightly instagramy version of life, and I for one welcome this new dose of realism. Still want to say GFYL
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
          Shudder at the thought but understand perception from my posts.

You seen the Fargo's, Narcos ?

Couple in general people could have missed along the way that I think worth the watch.

I keep tipping Get Shorty. I taught was great but I seem to be on my own. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5761496/

C4's Utopia is excellent but not for everyone. Must revisit actually.
          https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2384811/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
          Utopia getting cut short was such a shame

Comment

If any of you meat heads or veggie heads are making some food artwork and it doesn't turn out well. Dont throw it out . I've seen nothing yet I wont eat. I treat all food equal and will not discriminate on colour or size .

Comment

any other recs out there? Am through Tiger King, Ozark Se.03, McMafia & Gangs Of London. What should be next?
              Gomorrah is one of my favourite series in recent years. Italian mafia series sent in Naples.

Comment

Originally posted by Raekwon View Post
                Gomorrah is one of my favourite series in recent years. Italian mafia series sent in Naples.
                +1

GAB, for something less gory, think you would like Borgen if you missed it first time round.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Sky One's Brassic is good fun in a Shameless or 'Love/Hate played for laughs' kind of way.
                  Six 45 min eps, another six on the way this week.

Comment

le bureau des legendes is brilliant also. French spy series

Comment

I really enjoyed the Hannibal TV series. Mads Mikkelson as Hannibal a big reason why

Comment

Definitely won't be everyone's cup of tea but I loved Patriot

Show runner Steve Conrad brought got Ben Kingsley to join many of the cast are in his new series The Perpetual grace Ltd. which I'm looking forward to getting to see soon.
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I see Flutter's merger with Stars Group was made official today

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                            Phoenix Park fucking rammed today.
                            knee started getting stiff yesterday, sore last night and has now swelled like a motherfucker, cant bend/straighten it or put weight on it with a troubling line of a bruise under knee on the outer side.
                            hardest thing is finding a position that doesn't cause pain and explaining to previously cocooned FIL why I can't take him for a walk today.
                            Hoping my mutant healing factor kicks in as don't fancy A&E
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              Never thought I'd say this about a vegetable, but these were unbelievably good. Do you get them in Ireland - they look like below?
                              Reminds me of an amazing restaurant in New York. On their website their slogan is "Anybody can cook meat, leave vegetables to the professionals"

And they have a refreshing attitude for somebody that just likes food to taste amazing.
                              Dirt Candy doesn’t care about your politics. We aren’t saying “no” to meat, but saying “yes” to vegetables. We don’t care about your health. Our food won’t make your skin glow, it won’t make you live longer, it won’t super-charge your free radicals with antioxidants. We simply want to make vegetables as delicious as possible.

If there’s an underlying philosophy to what we do, it’s that we want people to crave vegetables the way they crave fried chicken and pizza. So every day our chefs roll up their sleeves and try to do something with vegetables no one’s ever done before. We’re on a journey into the unknown. Come with us. We promise that you’ll taste things you’ve never tasted before. You may love some of it, you may hate some of it, but we promise: it’ll be unlike anything you’ve ever tried before.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                Awful lot of guff about the better world awaiting us on the other side of this lockdown, mostly written by immensely privileged people who are even enjoying the lockdown.
                                Not gonna happen, wait for the money taps to get tightened and people to realise normality isn’t coming back

Also fuck the VFI and their disingenuous whinging
                                More guff about the bank bailout and we bounced back relatively well. Doom mongers having the usual field day.

Comment

Rather disconcerting crunching sound if I press on my patella.
                                  That's normal right?
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I had to go with someone to A&E recently and it was empty.

Comment

There's also those injury clinics, seem grand.

Comment

knee started getting stiff yesterday, sore last night and has now swelled like a motherfucker, cant bend/straighten it or put weight on it with a troubling line of a bruise under knee on the outer side.
                                        hardest thing is finding a position that doesn't cause pain and explaining to previously cocooned FIL why I can't take him for a walk today.
                                        Theres never been a better time to go to AnE, reports of empty departments all over the country since corona started

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                          There's also those injury clinics, seem grand.
                                          Can't leave FIL on his own and can't drive and missus in isolation.
                                          Perfect storm of fuckedness.
                                          Give me a day or so and I think i'll be going to the laya clinic

Comment

Can't leave FIL on his own and can't drive and missus in isolation.
                                            Perfect storm of fuckedness.
                                            Give me a day or so and I think i'll be going to the laya clinic
                                            Hes not your DA is he .? Get out there and sort the knee out . I had a cartlidge op years ago. Similar symptoms. In and out of Clane hospital in a day . OP was done in the morning. . Unfortunately AnE wont be able to do much imo

Comment

I know a few in here have mentioned it, but I would also like to endorse Gangs Of London as a hell of a show. The entire series feels like a great set up for several more.
                                              Absolutely, thoroughly enjoyed it, would love to see more.

Comment

Thoughts ? Other than LMAO.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                  I think Leo and Harris played a blinder for the first few weeks of this but they started to wreck my head in the last 10 days.
                                                  Think it is the way the click bait News headlines are coming in... a couple of days ago one came in and was reporting cirrca "Harris says No Holidays for you now this year!!"

when you read into the piece it was actually Harris saying a lot of countries are going to curtail travel for pleasure until we get this under control

the other one was about a week ago, and it read like "Don't be a bold boy now or you'll get another month of being grounded in your house " Says Leo & Harris

Click bait head lines can suck a nut

#PrayforDeadParrot

The power of Christ compels thee Knee Demon!!

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                    Think it is the way the click bait News headlines are coming in... a couple of days ago one came in and was reporting cirrca "Harris says No Holidays for you now this year!!"

when you read into the piece it was actually Harris saying a lot of countries are going to curtail travel for pleasure until we get this under control

the other one was about a week ago, and it read like "Don't be a bold boy now or you'll get another month of being grounded in your house " Says Leo & Harris

Click bait head lines can suck a nut
                                                    You obviously don't think a lot of my ability to read the news

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                        The lady of the chateau came down with a bunch of keys today and goes 'I was thinking you might like to use my car'. An exceedingly generous offer, despite us not being able to drive. I think we're part of the family now!
                                                        You've changed Hitch. What did she look like?

Comment

Gangs of London.
                                                          SPOILER
                                                          Elliot = Cyrname.
                                                          Elliot came on about 2 stone since taking that punch to the solar plexus at the funeral pub scene near the start which he appeared to baulk at. He looked limited and unremarkable after taking that punch but turned it all around to be the one hell of a chaser.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                            You obviously don't think a lot of my ability to read the news
                                                            lol no not at all, just they were annoying me a bit and i came to the above conclusion, the more I read the more I think both are doing as they are told by people who know more about it than them... which I like!

Anyone who says a politician decided to leave pubs closed till phase 4 or each phase to last 3 weeks is mental in my opinion

Comment

Damn this was a great read / watch.
                                                              Will take like an hour or something, dunno.
                                                              '17776: What Football Will Look Like in the Future'
                                                              Something is terribly wrong. Something is terribly wrong. Something is terribly wrong. Something is terribly wrong.

Get your dystopian football in.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                Gangs of London.
                                                                SPOILER
                                                                Elliot = Cyrname.
                                                                Elliot came on about 2 stone since taking that punch to the solar plexus at the funeral pub scene near the start which he appeared to baulk at. He looked limited and unremarkable after taking that punch but turned it all around to be the one hell of a chaser.
                                                                Cart Narcs is great craic. Watched nearly all of them now

Comment

I thought you got your licence quite recently?

Comment

Despite looking like latter day Elvis please keep posting food pics.
                                                                    Without the inspiration I'm like this lad...

Comment

Got the new wok today, seasoning it at the mo. Can't wait to cook with it.
                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Cut the enlarged lawn for the first time this evening with somewhat mixed results. The newly-grown sides look like the Centre Court at Wimbledon, all lush and bright. The old middle is more Central Criminal Court.

Can see Reseeding v2 in my September list of jobs.

Comment

HR sent an email around earlier saying they were thinking of doing a Zoom quiz one night this week for all the managers so we can have a few drinks and a bit of craic.

Somebody shoot me, like, right in the face from close range so there is no doubt about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Can see Reseeding v2 in my September list of jobs.
                                                                            Why not overseed it now?
                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                              Have you watched the American Factory documentary? fascinating stuff when a Chinese company decides to buy an old GM factory and reopen and modernise it to create glass for the automotive sector. well worth a watch.
                                                                              What a film!
                                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                Cart Narcs is great craic. Watched nearly all of them now
                                                                                So good isnt it, watched them all in 2 sittings. Cant wait for more. The verbal articulation is the best thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                  Why not overseed it now?
                                                                                  Because it is now a trampoline area, hockey pitch, soccer pitch, camping ground and general zone of all-out destruction.

Comment

Because it is now a trampoline area, hockey pitch, soccer pitch, camping ground and general zone of all-out destruction.
                                                                                    Put in all weather surface like rubber matting or do it on the cheap with bark chips. Lawns will cost more in the long run and waste months of time.
                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                      Put in all weather surface like rubber matting or do it on the cheap with bark chips. Lawns will cost more in the long run and waste months of time.
                                                                                      That sounds horrible on both counts!

On the plus side, I discovered a big crop of wild garlic.

Comment

This is a bit like a Rounders story.....

Comment

TED from Scrubs is dead at 56. Noooooooooo
                                                                                          He was great . Best in it imo.

Comment

That sounds horrible on both counts!

On the plus side, I discovered a big crop of wild garlic.
                                                                                            Pesto time!

Comment

TED

Comment

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                  HR sent an email around earlier saying they were thinking of doing a Zoom quiz one night this week for all the managers so we can have a few drinks and a bit of craic.

Somebody shoot me, like, right in the face from close range so there is no doubt about it.
                                                                                                  Tell them you have plans. They'll buy it.

Comment

I was fixing things, broke them worse, eventually got them back how they were.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                                      I was fixing things, broke them worse, eventually got them back how they were.
                                                                                                      I've been getting a lot of internal server errors in the last few days fwiw, and still happening now

Comment

Les miserables

Watched this last night. it's still with me today. French film which follows a small police team in a French Cité. These neighborhoods are always on the cusp of blowing up. Anything can light the powder keg, and there are always forces working to keep the fragile equilibrium, to avoid more riots. thought it was brilliant.

8.5 maybe even a 9 /10.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                          I've been getting a lot of internal server errors in the last few days fwiw, and still happening now
                                                                                                          which is what i've been trying to fix.

Comment

I'm feeling a little let down by Gangs of London cosnidering all the positive feedback it's got here. These type of TV shows are 100% up my street and was expecting something amazing!

The first few episodes weren't bad, but the end of Episode 4, and whole of Episode 5 were juts a pile of wank imo. Ep 6 was a little better, and that's where i am up to now.

It seems a little disjointed and all over the place.

Doesn't appear to be the popular opinion though.

Comment

Interwebby is a grand ol place at times. Working from home and listening to world radio stations . Sunny weather and some varied tunes blasting in my earphones .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                                Interwebby is a grand ol place at times. Working from home and listening to world radio stations . Sunny weather and some varied tunes blasting in my earphones .
                                                                                                                I'm listening to a homicidal 8 y/o trying to kill her brother. Seems like the soundtrack to the year.

Comment

Good analysis of RIP.ie numbers for April. You would wonder what they might have been like without the restrictions.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                      This is a bit like a Rounders story.....

The bike was gone in 5 seconds.

Comment

RIP Florian Schneider

Comment

lol Rounders

Looks a bit like HJ and all.
                                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X