• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phil Babb

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
      Mick O'Leary.

CC..an asprin, a colesterol, 2 x BP and a beta blocker. What u taking ?
      Those plus 2 diuretics, an anticoagulant, and one just to protect your stomach from taking so many pills. Ruins our chances of ever playing pro sports
      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Conor McGregor surely.
        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Shane MacGowan
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
            Those plus 2 diuretics, an anticoagulant, and one just to protect your stomach from taking so many pills. Ruins our chances of ever playing pro sports
            is that for life CC, or is there a pathway to reduced drug intake?

Comment

Bono

*ducks and hides behind a tree*

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                is that for life CC, or is there a pathway to reduced drug intake?
                Pretty much for life, or if and when they come up with better drugs. If I managed somehow to get my weight down, I'm sure amounts of some could be adjusted down. All my weight loss efforts have been a disaster so far though! Really thought giving up bread and pasta was working, but after about 6 weeks the initial losses were reversed.

Comment

Heard a lot of good things about this.

Danny Boyle's Frankenstein in Theatre with Benedict Cumberbatch as the creature and Jonny Lee Miller as Victor Frankenstein.

Or....watch tomorrow and see Jonny Lee Miller as the creature and Benedict Cumberbatch as Victor Frankenstein.

7pm Irish time

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Spent the last couple of days working on a potential deal worth €50k with a new client that contacted me via linkedin.

5 year old came in this morning at 7am and robbed my phone.

She only went and called him and left a 2 min voicemail. Jaysis.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      Spent the last couple of days working on a potential deal worth €50k with a new client that contacted me via linkedin.

If you had ran 8 miles away from your house at 7am this wouldn't have happened
                      Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Ha! Don't run with the phone so could have been a lot worse.

Comment

Do you know that my Daddy can’t beat me at Ludo. He also travels well outside the 2km restrictions for exercise. He also eats dinner at 10 O’clock most nights.
                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                            Do you know that my Daddy can’t beat me at Ludo. He also travels well outside the 2km restrictions for exercise. He also eats dinner at 10 O’clock most nights.
                            Hey! That's not entirely true. I stick within 2km.

Comment

Dont think that matters in this current cliimate

I am working between teams and whats App and phone and every time i am talking to someone one of the comes in takes the ear phone out of my ear and introduces themselves "Hello My name is X and my sister's name is Y and my brothers name is Kevin, Who is this? - I am going on my Holidays" etc or some complete other random thing!

Wait till you have to put your call on hold because there is no Peppa Pig or FiremanSam on the TV...

Comment

This reminded me of Lazare's herb tweet

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                  "Hello My name is X and my sister's name is Y and my brothers name is Kevin
                                  Must redact children's names on public form. Fuck Kevin.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                    Must redact children's names on public form. Fuck Kevin.
                                    lol

No, I have twin girls they only have one brother!!

Comment

Fucking struggling today...

The Mrs had to get tested on Tuesday as she had some symptoms since Saturday (she does the shopping on a Friday which along with our daily family exercise is the only going out we've done in 6 weeks) but we primarily suspect its a bacterial thing and not COVID-19 but I've not been sleeping right and its harder to juggle work and child minding and trying to give her some time to rest.

She's doing quite a bit better now and hopefully we'll get an all clear soon enough. Still means I'm struggling to catch up on the earlier part of the week which was disrupted. Good days and bad days...it's amazing how quickly this thing fucks with your head.

One of my team has it a lot worse. His wife is really struggling with her job (assholes before lockdown and worse now), minding two young kids at home and and we have a load of detailed work on the go and i'm having to try to keep him going as best I can without being a dickhead...

Anyway just venting and I'm sure plenty here are struggling also but it's nice to share a bit. Can be difficult keeping the family and work team positive and it takes a bit out of you. Good nights rest and a bit of exercise and i'll back on it tmrw...
                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Sad to hear regular updates now of retail outlets closing permanently. Gonna be so bleak walking around towns/cities with half the places closed or boarded up. Why places like Drogheda were so depressing before.
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                          Fucking struggling today...

The Mrs had to get tested on Tuesday as she had some symptoms since Saturday (she does the shopping on a Friday which along with our daily family exercise is the only going out we've done in 6 weeks) but we primarily suspect its a bacterial thing and not COVID-19 but I've not been sleeping right and its harder to juggle work and child minding and trying to give her some time to rest.

She's doing quite a bit better now and hopefully we'll get an all clear soon enough. Still means I'm struggling to catch up on the earlier part of the week which was disrupted. Good days and bad days...it's amazing how quickly this thing fucks with your head.

One of my team has it a lot worse. His wife is really struggling with her job (assholes before lockdown and worse now), minding two young kids at home and and we have a load of detailed work on the go and i'm having to try to keep him going as best I can without being a dickhead...

Anyway just venting and I'm sure plenty here are struggling also but it's nice to share a bit. Can be difficult keeping the family and work team positive and it takes a bit out of you. Good nights rest and a bit of exercise and i'll back on it tmrw...
                                          It'll get better soon, try to take a moment to appreciate that you're surrounded by family, kids are happy, and that you're employed, and this too will pass. head up!

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                            Sad to hear regular updates now of retail outlets closing permanently. Gonna be so bleak walking around towns/cities with half the places closed or boarded up. Why places like Drogheda were so depressing before.
                                            You say sad and depressing

I say time to revive Coffee or GTFO

Comment

You say sad and depressing

I say time to revive Coffee or GTFO
                                              Now with bakery section.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                  Nice potential upside to repopulate the towns with cool unique shops and cafes and not that chain crap - with the right financial incentives from towns. Think its the only way high streets will survive long-term, by ditching the reliance on chains. It's pretty much the only reason we (pre-covid) go into town any more. To visit the comic book stores where the guys are experts on what a girl who has read x, y, z, would want to read next. Or some interesting new concept stores, or for a good bite to eat. Everything else is online or waits for the twice-yearly sales for topping up. Getting rid of Warehouse, Oasis, Debenhams, is just getting rid of shops that no-one was shopping in beforehand anyway.
                                                  Isn't the opposite more realistic? Big chains won't go under and will take the spots?

Same with pubs, old school pubs that own the premises will probably survive, shite pubs like you find on Dawson st and the likes owner by bug chains will survive, but smaller business pubs renting will go?
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Nice potential upside to repopulate the towns with cool unique shops and cafes and not that chain crap - with the right financial incentives from towns. Think its the only way high streets will survive long-term, by ditching the reliance on chains. It's pretty much the only reason we (pre-covid) go into town any more. To visit the comic book stores where the guys are experts on what a girl who has read x, y, z, would want to read next. Or some interesting new concept stores, or for a good bite to eat. Everything else is online or waits for the twice-yearly sales for topping up. Getting rid of Warehouse, Oasis, Debenhams, is just getting rid of shops that no-one was shopping in beforehand anyway.
                                                    Yeah not it's so much that I'll miss the majority of what we're hearing are closing(I'm sure there's plenty of likeable independents going under too) it's more so the atmosphere sapping and bleak aesthetics of what mass closures do to a town or city.

Your bright new dawn alternative sounds a bit pie in the sky.
                                                    Last edited by The Situation; 30-04-20, 12:57.
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 30-04-20, 13:27.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                        I haven't heard of too many in Dublin yet but it will sadly probably come - Are the closures you're hearing all in/around Drogheda?

I wonder if there is anything that can be done for the businesses that close after this is all over from a financial point of view so they can re-open?

Comment

Comment

Think its the same idea now - that now the 'shock' is not so much to consumption, but to the idea of how we enjoy ourselves and find meaning in life.
                                                            you should start a cult

Comment

Decided to stick with the Brazilian theme today and make Galinhada. Mainly due to having chicken that needed using and simple ingredients needed.

You can't go wrong with a flavorful chicken and rice dish. Today, we're headed to Brazil for a traditional galinhada. Cuisine of Brazil Variety is the key

Comment

Comment

aren't commercial property funds who own most of the high streets,notoriously ruthless with strict upward rent strategies only? ie they'd rather see properties vacant than lower rents for new tenants?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                      aren't commercial property funds who own most of the high streets,notoriously ruthless with strict upward rent strategies only? ie they'd rather see properties vacant than lower rents for new tenants?
                                                                      Yarp

Which makes more money...
                                                                      Full occupancy at a lower rent or
                                                                      Higher rents with a percentage of units empty

And I suppose, if they have shareholders, that is legally their job to do it that way

Comment

Just bounced a tennis ball off the wall and caught it 100 times in a row. That's how exciting my life is.

All set to rival this, if only there was cricket to be played:

Comment

Actually, when I think back on it, I spent a large portion of my summers as a kid throwing a ball against the wall and catching it on the return. The fact that the wall in question was highly uneven made the direction very unpredictable and turned me into a very good fielder. The challenge was always 100 clean catches in a row.

Makes me a bit sad not to see my own kids practicing motor skills in this way. But then you don't really see any kids doing stuff like this anymore.

I'm sure Hitch would have something cultish to say about this.

Comment

Archive footage of Raoul's childhood:

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

[QUOTE=Raoul Duke III;1131199]Actually, when I think back on it, I spent a large portion of my summers as a kid throwing a ball against the wall and catching it on the return. The fact that the wall in question was highly uneven made the direction very unpredictable and turned me into a very good fielder. The challenge was always 100 clean catches in a row.

Makes me a bit sad not to see my own kids practicing motor skills in this way. But then you don't really see any kids doing stuff like this anymore.

I'm sure Hitch would have something cultish to say

I'm getting all nostalgic now.
                                                                                The amount and variety of games we had as kids was phenomenal.

We had one called sticks where 2 teams took turns trying to knock down a wicket of sticks resting against a wall.
                                                                                The team that successfully knocked it down (Tean A)were now tasked with resetting the wicket without getting hit with the tennis ball which was now controlled by team B. One hit and you were out.
                                                                                One strategy was to lace the ball as hard as possible at someones head as he fumbled with the sticks however the subsequent rebound all but forfeited the game.
                                                                                The superior strategy was to tap the ball so there was ni rebound.
                                                                                Lacing it was far more fun though and a great deterrent as noone wanted to sacrifice themselves first.
                                                                                Last edited by dinekes; 30-04-20, 15:04. Reason: Hadnt finisher spelling mistakes bedamned

Comment

...

Comment

They must surely be running out of Roy Keane stories this lockdown.

Comment

One of my favourite things to do as a kid was kicking a ball against the wall of Dunnes Stores.

We used to make a kind of squash game out of it too with two lads.

Nic nacs were great too. Have a big scar on my right palm from playing that and getting chased.

Comment

Actually, when I think back on it, I spent a large portion of my summers as a kid throwing a ball against the wall and catching it on the return. The fact that the wall in question was highly uneven made the direction very unpredictable and turned me into a very good fielder. The challenge was always 100 clean catches in a row.
                                                                                        Makes me think of taking my juggling clubs out of retirement

Comment

The big nostalgia thing for me is watching the kids playing marbles and remembering the six month or so period when I was their age when marbles were just the only thing that mattered. Some of those long walks home pondering the loss of one of your biggest most precious marbles were a fine early lesson in the later long walks home from the casino after losing the taxi-home case loots.
                                                                                          Used to cycle over to a shop beside the Stillorgan Bowler to, ahem, purchase all our replenishments. Also the local motor parts factory for "steelies".

Comment

Or the football trading cards.

5 cards and a stick of gum. Used to love the smell opening them. If you were lucky enough to get a checklist you were mobbed with offers to swap.
                                                                                            Distinctly remember having two sit down meets with potential investors in my coveted checklist.
                                                                                            What swayed it for me was one of the Murphy twins had a number of players from the Liverpool team that I was missing (knowledge is power and all that).

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                              Makes me think of taking my juggling clubs out of retirement

Home video potential there!

Comment

Doing a fair bit of stir frying lately after feeling like I've kinda cracked it a litte. Was never a fan of them but I was always doing it wrong.

Just bought a new wok, a 14" carbon steel. Have one of those Tefal non stick ones and I had a feeling it was shite, carbon steel the right job.

Interesting thing I've discovered after a bit of research is the best woks are usually quite cheap. Was looking at one from Arnotts reduced from €115 (lol) to €49 and it's apparently shit compared to the one I bought for €25.

This one in case anyone else is in the market for one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                  Used to cycle over to a shop beside the Stillorgan Bowler to, ahem, purchase all our replenishments. Also the local motor parts factory for "steelies".
                                                                                                  Steelies were great for smashing your opponents marbles to smithereens.

That shop is Nimble Fingers, great spot - still there and still has marbles.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                    They must surely be running out of Roy Keane stories this lockdown.
                                                                                                    I think it jumped the shark with "Keane doesn't answer question about beard."

Comment

...

Comment

Steelies were great for smashing your opponents marbles to smithereens.

That shop is Nimble Fingers, great spot - still there and still has marbles.
                                                                                                        Thats the one. Quite an apt name for that particular shop

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                            Isn't the opposite more realistic? Big chains won't go under and will take the spots?

Same with pubs, old school pubs that own the premises will probably survive, shite pubs like you find on Dawson st and the likes owner by bug chains will survive, but smaller business pubs renting will go?
                                                                                                            Press Up must be busto on this.

There's at least a few big operators that were spinning plates
                                                                                                            week to week to keep things going.

Comment

What sort of projects are apartment dwellers getting up to? I rent so I'm not going to be painting or building garden furniture. I'm getting loads done but it'd be nice to add a physical project, something with a bit of utility.

Comment

Bit ott going to court over this lame twitter account https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...ount-1.4241986

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                  What sort of projects are apartment dwellers getting up to? I rent so I'm not going to be painting or building garden furniture. I'm getting loads done but it'd be nice to add a physical project, something with a bit of utility.
                                                                                                                  Built a bar for our balcony wall.

Going to drink on it.

A lot.

Comment

Time bars, sports mixture jellies.
                                                                                                                    Raspberry flavoured cool pops and tangle twisters (proper ones with ice creamy flavoured white bit not like crappy ones they have now)

Comment

My project is eating & drinking, I'm becoming quite the expert at it.

Press Up must be busto on this.

There's at least a few big operators that were spinning plates
                                                                                                                      week to week to keep things going.
                                                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                                                      From what I've heard, their A/c's were already all over the place before Covid19 kicked in

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                        watched Ep.1 of Gangs Of London. I'll be watching the rest for sure.
                                                                                                                        I've watched the whole thing, finished up last night. Mega-mega levels of violence, at times though I wasn't entirely clear who was doing the dirt on who; but it didn't matter too much, to me anyway. Great stuff if you like that kinda thing. Kinda Tarentino-esque. Pure escapism. IMHO, of course...

Comment

Did a bit of a cull on clothes. Deep clean of cupboards in kitchen (soy sauce rings etc)

Have actually surprised myself at my capacity to do absolutely nothing other than sleep, eat, read, watch TV and drink.
                                                                                                                          Excercise keeps me somewhat sane.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X