This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    I've to come up with a privacy policy, T&Cs and a disclaimer for a new site.

I'm assuming the done thing is to just copy edit and paste from a similar business yes?
    Hey yo was it you who was talking about bean to cup coffee machines a while back? Any opinion on this guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Hey yo was it you who was talking about bean to cup coffee machines a while back? Any opinion on this guy?

Yeah man, t'was me. We opted for a DeLonghi machine and it's fantastic. Don't really know much about that particular one but the brand is definitely one I'd recommend.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Indeed! This was a beauty:
        Is this the one he said that was bought in an auction, repaired in 3 months and then flipped?

Comment

Shut up and deal
          theapartment.jpg
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Haha, what a thread. Hypocritical cunts getting called out. By The White House.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Is this the one he said that was bought in an auction, repaired in 3 months and then flipped?
              Yeah. Pretty obvious case of insider dealing imo and someone on the inside flipped on him.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Good call on Owen Roe in The Steward of Christendom. A 5/5 performance in a 3/5 play.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

SP compiling data as we speak.

His absolute blind hatred for SF..he even trys to defend a scumbag like Troy.

I found Troy's apology the best, sonething like-I'm not going to apologise for being a landlord. Eh issue was declaring it. Sorry not sorry
                  So Troy is a scumbag, but the shinners are grand? OK.

Comment

Turns out my take on Troy was wrong and it is indeed an issue.

Seemed like nothing initially but got much worse. As kayroo said they still need that vote tho.

Comment

Troy obviously needed to go, as no minister (or TD for that matter) should be allowed to get away with flouting those rules/laws and if there are any penalties for rent not declared (or any other type of charges) then he should be brought to account. Scumbag isn't the appropriate word though imo.

Comment

If FF/FG we’re smart they’d let Troy issue collapse the government and get Sinn Fein installed in time for the shitshow that this winter is going to be
                        Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                          If FF/FG we’re smart they’d let Troy issue collapse the government and get Sinn Fein installed in time for the shitshow that this winter is going to be
                          For anything like that, even if SF were to get in gov, they'd have a couple of years of free 'sorting out the other guys mess' excuses that they'd be using.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                            Troy obviously needed to go, as no minister (or TD for that matter) should be allowed to get away with flouting those rules/laws and if there are any penalties for rent not declared (or any other type of charges) then he should be brought to account. Scumbag isn't the appropriate word though imo.
                            Scumbag is a word I try to avoid. You hear it most in reference to people struggling with drug addiction, homelessness and\or deprivation. Arguably more suitable for the likes of Troy IMHO.
                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

All the Hitch bait out there and not even a nibble?
                              Last edited by Wombatman; 26-08-22, 09:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

All the opposition parties provided a... shall we say "muted"... response to this controversy.

I suspect the party leaders across the house locked most of their TDs in a dark room and told them to empty their pockets now. An awful lot of "there but for the grace of god" in Leinster House these last 2 weeks.

If only SIPO weren't so bloody toothless.
                                Nothing like the Troy controversy but I was 100% sure this was going to happen. Won't be the last either I suspect.

You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

It's what the shinners would do if the roles were reversed but I wouldn't expect the likes of Pascal to cut and run in the face of a serious challenge.

It is going to be enormously tough to hold the coalition together through an economically stormy winter with a major reshuffle included. Will be interesting to see if FF try to force Pascal out of finance, that is one thing that could lead to a break up.
                                  Well, I say that but it's always the little things that get them in the end isn't it, for instance everyone remembers all the various corners Albert Reynolds backed himself into and fought his way out of but no one remembers what it was that actually sank him in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

It's what the shinners would do if the roles were reversed but I wouldn't expect the likes of Pascal to cut and run in the face of a serious challenge.

It is going to be enormously tough to hold the coalition together through an economically stormy winter with a major reshuffle included. Will be interesting to see if FF try to force Pascal out of finance, that is one thing that could lead to a break up.
                                    Well, I say that but it's always the little things that get them in the end isn't it, for instance everyone remembers all the various corners Albert Reynolds backed himself into and fought his way out of but no one remembers what it was that actually sank him in the end!
                                    Not to bring it back to gambling but I found it a little hard to believe that the shortest price for the next GE was 2025.

Given the slim majority, Troy shit show, general tension atm alongside a precarious economic situation, it just feels unlikely we make it to 2025 without a GE.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                      Haha, what a thread. Hypocritical cunts getting called out. By The White House.
                                      That was savage from the White House account, Biden seems to be hitting his stride just in time for the election.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

Nothing like the Troy controversy but I was 100% sure this was going to happen. Won't be the last either I suspect.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-41938003.html
                                        A Sinn Fein TD is a bloodsucking landlord parasite enemy of the people?

How could this even happen? Next you'll be telling me the SF leadership live in million euro mansions.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                          Sure isnt he still smarting over the ousting of Big Phil
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Injured himself trying out some of the new moves he was researching online.

Comment

A Sinn Fein TD is a bloodsucking landlord parasite enemy of the people?

How could this even happen? Next you'll be telling me the SF leadership live in million euro mansions.
                                              Scum gonna scum.

I think 6star was insinuating I was saying basically saying.. Troy bad.. SF good ..earlier. Sorry cant multi quote.

Lets make my position clear.

The truth is over 50% of all TDs and local councillors have only their own interests at heart.
                                              Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                The truth is over 50% of all TDs and local councillors have only their own interests at heart.
                                                Which probably accurately reflects the people who vote for them.

Comment

He'd need to be Russian or Chinese to get Hitch amnesty.

Comment

What are ye paying for bins ?

We have a fortnightly service, picks the refuse and recycle bin same day, and the small smelly dirty brown compost yoke if you use that...

Its a pay by weight system and averages €220-230 every 6 months, so ~€450 a year.
                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Wonder when our government are going to come clean? A few European ones already have.
                                                      chances of the Brits stuffing us on the interconnectot- 100% I’d say

dont worry no Druid quotes in below article- it’s Bloomberg
                                                      im off to buy a load of high strength booze

quotes
                                                      Every week, the people who trade electricity in the UK get to quiz the managers of the national grid for an hour. The conference call, which anyone can monitor, offers an insight into what the men and women on the front line of the power market are worried about. Listening to them is getting scarier by the week — and suggests keeping the lights on this winter will be a lot more challenging than European governments are admitting.

Here’s a question from last week’s session: “Are you war-gaming possible options for if/when cross-border trading collapses under security of supply pressures this winter?” And another: “Can we have a session where we talk through the emergency arrangements?” Another participant said that the forecast for demand-and-supply electricity balance showed “how bad the winter could be for anyone who can do the maths.” The same caller was blunt about the grid’s own predictions: “I don't think you believe what you've written, and nobody else does.”

Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Cant find the restaurant thread.

Eddie Rockets new Spice meal.

Review - Taaaaaaasty .

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

We have a fortnightly service, picks the refuse and recycle bin same day, and the small smelly dirty brown compost yoke if you use that...

Its a pay by weight system and averages €220-230 every 6 months, so ~€450 a year.
                                                          €20 p/m.

Comment

About €250-€300, Green bin every 2 weeks and Black prob every 4 weeks (dont fill it enough for every 2 weeks)

Was deffo a lot more in the double nappy years lol
                                                            Never shopped around tbh as other crowd collect every Monday at 6am and i know id never remember

Comment

Deffo getting fleeced, lack of competition.
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

This is just nuts. Definitely a contender for the craziest hand of all time at high stakes.

Last edited by Opr; 26-08-22, 18:26.

Comment

I've never had to pay for bins before so was just googling it yesterday in preparation and saw this comparison: https://www.moneyguideireland.com/ch...n-charges.html

Comment

DICEBOX victorious in Tipp. Presume the man himself all over it.

Comment

DICEBOX victorious in Tipp. Presume the man himself all over it.
                                                                      Texted my mate - had €25 ew done on PP and hit bet but race went off and went win only and cursed him home

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Texted my mate - had €25 ew done on PP and hit bet but race went off and went win only and cursed him home
                                                                        Was in downroyal watching it live
                                                                        lucky to hold on to the race
                                                                        2 serious bumps into the 2nd

Comment

Truth

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

The Trump redacted affadavit is mad. Basically stole top secret information and refused to give it back 'because it's mine'.

The AG playing it by the book imo but need Kayroo for insight.

Comment

The Trump redacted affadavit is mad. Basically stole top secret information and refused to give it back 'because it's mine'.

Who cares about Trump, when you've got DeSantis

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

See the HSE have started doing covid 2nd booster shots for the over 50's. Is anyone else here going to bother? I do so like needles, though I prefer the ones in to a vein and not these intramuscular ones

Comment

My GP phoned me twice today. Seems he forgot to do some blood test on the bloods he took last week. Either that, or he's really bored

Comment

Am up in Donegal for the weekend... Go up once a year to visit my best mate and his family. We go out to a good restaurant for grup and his local pub for pints. Easily my favourite weekend of the year and love it to bits.... Always gets get me a bit soppy but feck it.... Sometimes it need to be said....
                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Most likely his grift all along.

Comment

Comment

Comment

There just seems to be nothing to watch. Watched freaking Jamie's One Pan Wonders last night, but can't sink that low again.
                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Wonder when our government are going to come clean? A few European ones already have.
                                                                                              chances of the Brits stuffing us on the interconnectot- 100% I’d say

dont worry no Druid quotes in below article- it’s Bloomberg
                                                                                              im off to buy a load of high strength booze

quotes
                                                                                              Every week, the people who trade electricity in the UK get to quiz the managers of the national grid for an hour. The conference call, which anyone can monitor, offers an insight into what the men and women on the front line of the power market are worried about. Listening to them is getting scarier by the week — and suggests keeping the lights on this winter will be a lot more challenging than European governments are admitting.

Here’s a question from last week’s session: “Are you war-gaming possible options for if/when cross-border trading collapses under security of supply pressures this winter?” And another: “Can we have a session where we talk through the emergency arrangements?” Another participant said that the forecast for demand-and-supply electricity balance showed “how bad the winter could be for anyone who can do the maths.” The same caller was blunt about the grid’s own predictions: “I don't think you believe what you've written, and nobody else does.”

UK can't 'shuffle us off the interconnector' because that's, em, how they supply gas to Northern Ireland. We've only one grid on the island. Gas comes into Dublin and then gets sent wherever it is needed.

Jesus, glad I'm back to fight the disinformation.
                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                There just seems to be nothing to watch. Watched freaking Jamie's One Pan Wonders last night, but can't sink that low again.
                                                                                                Undone
                                                                                                Quality show from the people who brought you Bojack

Comment

UK can't 'shuffle us off the interconnector' because that's, em, how they supply gas to Northern Ireland. We've only one grid on the island. Gas comes into Dublin and then gets sent wherever it is needed.

Jesus, glad I'm back to fight the disinformation.

Decline of industrial civilisation in full flow- they are starting to talk about how hard this winter will be on Irish radio but still pretending it’s just a temporary blip caused by Ukraine war .
                                                                                                  We have overshot and these are the symptoms.
                                                                                                  wouldn’t expect an economist to understand- your whole gig is based on not understanding.
                                                                                                  we are going to see mass starvation in “first world countries “ in next 2-3 years

Comment

We missed it when it came out but just watched the first episode of show me a hero. Oscar Isaac is the lead and written by David Simon.

Only 3 episodes but so far it’s excellent.

Comment

Decline of industrial civilisation in full flow- they are starting to talk about how hard this winter will be on Irish radio but still pretending it’s just a temporary blip caused by Ukraine war .
                                                                                                      wouldn’t expect an economist to understand- your whole gig is based on not understanding.
                                                                                                      we are going to see mass starvation in “first world countries “ in next 2-3 years
                                                                                                      Ironic that we kept going with nuclear energy after Chernobyl but decommissioned nuclear plants decades later and now blame the energy crisis on Ukraine.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Ironic that we kept going with nuclear energy after Chernobyl but decommissioned nuclear plants decades later and now blame the energy crisis on Ukraine.

happy to go with a prop bet with hitch on level of power cuts Incoming this winter- or success self driving cars or any of the other bullshit Hopium techno utopian crap he thinks is going to get us out of this mess
                                                                                                        i must add these are bets I’d love to lose- I’ve a comfy comfy life really- that comfy life is done soon

Comment

Where are you getting that from?

So by 2024 to 2025 we’ll have mass starvation in a number of first world countries. Can you name which ones?

Ireland is number 1 on Global Food security index so we’re probably in a decent spot.
                                                                                                          Not to mention, of the 100+ countries tracked(inc all 1st world) almost 90% have become more secure in the last decade, up to Sept 2021.
                                                                                                          Obv things have changed but not to anything close to mass starvation in first world in 2 years.
                                                                                                          Last edited by Murdrum; 27-08-22, 02:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

Where are you getting that from?

So by 2024 to 2025 we’ll have mass starvation in a number of first world countries. Can you name which ones?

Ireland is number 1 on Global Food security index so we’re probably in a decent spot.
                                                                                                            Not to mention, of the 100+ countries tracked(inc all 1st world) almost 90% have become more secure in the last decade, up to Sept 2021.
                                                                                                            Obv things have changed but not to anything close to mass starvation in first world in 2 years.
                                                                                                            In fairness to Mystery Guest . Im always starving.

A huge % of world food is wasted every day and morbid obesity is a common problem. Bring on the food shortage i think we can handle it in the 1st world.

Comment

Love on the Spectrum

Comment

Todays challenge

Bread from the Seagull Bakery, will probably go and spend a fiver on a buratta to go with it

39BZfKk.jpg

biwwRro.jpg

Comment

I’ll take prop bet on the mass starvation.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                    Todays challenge

Bread from the Seagull Bakery, will probably go and spend a fiver on a buratta to go with it
                                                                                                                    Their focaccia is incredible too. I have one role for Xmas period and that’s to get the Seagull bakery goods on Xmas eve.

Arrival time of 7.15 for an 8am opening and I’m yet to be first in the queue.

Comment

More domestic energy price hikes coming.

Commercial energy just at ridiculous prices now.
                                                                                                                      Got a notification last week that from 2 major companies that the rate on offer then (already ridiculously high) was cancelled and no new or renewal contracts would be accepted until further notice. So can't even renew customers contracts at the moment.

Gas flows from fuckhead down to 20% of normal rate.

I guess that line from GOT has never been more apt

"Winter is coming"

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

Their focaccia is incredible too. I have one role for Xmas period and that’s to get the Seagull bakery goods on Xmas eve.

Arrival time of 7.15 for an 8am opening and I’m yet to be first in the queue.
                                                                                                                        Not to mention the Cruffins

Incredible business, just delivering consistent quality and you have to admire their reluctance to cash in by trying to scale above the level at which they can maintain the quality.

Amazing how having them and places like Mezze across the road and the bit of pedestrianisation has changed the whole vibe of the town and upgraded all the places around them... hard to explain but like Cahills was always a great little shop but now it suddenly feels a bit hipster!

Comment

You could give Irma Vep a spin. Not for everyone but Vikander's brilliance alone should make it worthwhile.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X