X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
    https://swingtweaks.com

Marketing site for new app. Could use some eyes on it for typos, ideas and wood from the trees type stuff.

Any and all help from BBV Massif is appreciated.

edit: app store link not working, app not yet approved.
    Fair play that seems like a great idea. I understand why it lends itself so well to golf but now you have all the setup done I am sure there must be other things that you can plug and play for those. The one that comes to mind to Fitness, so recording yourself doing a squat (Or whatever ex) and getting feedback.

I don't like that you have the same gateway for coaches and customers on the golf one. It gives me the impression as a customer looking for feedback on my golf swing that I am going to get some randomer looking to make $90 bucks or whatever it is when you want to portray that the people giving the feedback are top-quality coaches that you have vetted heavily.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

How often do you clean the filter?
      There's a filter?

Plumber came out and took one look at matchine and told me to get rid.

Dehumidifier installed for a few days to get rid of underfloor water.
      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Peterson ain't no ultracrepidarian but appears to have stopped trying to dress up his social conservatism as science. I worry what the reach of these influencer types does to diversity and freedom of thought. Far worse than Peterson out here.
        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
          Peterson ain't no ultracrepidarian but appears to have stopped trying to dress up his social conservatism as science. I worry what the reach of these influencer types does to diversity and freedom of thought. Far worse than Peterson out here.
          Andrew Tate has really blown up in the last few weeks. He's like Alex Jones and Peterson times 911
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Fair play that seems like a great idea. I understand why it lends itself so well to golf but now you have all the setup done I am sure there must be other things that you can plug and play for those. The one that comes to mind to Fitness, so recording yourself doing a squat (Or whatever ex) and getting feedback.

I don't like that you have the same gateway for coaches and customers on the golf one. It gives me the impression as a customer looking for feedback on my golf swing that I am going to get some randomer looking to make $90 bucks or whatever it is when you want to portray that the people giving the feedback are top-quality coaches that you have vetted heavily.
            Yeah there are plans to move towards other domains.

I take your point on the second piece, easy fix that, I think you're feedback is totally reasonable.
            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Andrew Tate has really blown up in the last few weeks. He's like Alex Jones and Peterson times 911
              Hadn’t heard of him until he started getting banned but might be the most obnoxious person on the internet which is some feat.

Comment

Yeah there are plans to move towards other domains.

I take your point on the second piece, easy fix that, I think you're feedback is totally reasonable.
                I am not a golfer but if you can gamify it in some way then I would think about it. Like maybe you have 5 different parts of the swing that you get a score out of 20 for each and then that gives you an overall score. People are much more likely to give you repeat business if they have a number that they can aim to beat with another submission. They can see tangible progress. Preference all that with I am not a golfer and appreciate it maybe an idiotic idea.

Personally, I hate the gamification of stuff and would prefer the functional app that provides a good service but there is a reason that it is popular and it's because our monkey brains love it.

Comment

I’m not sure exactly what it might look like but feel there must be something in this area around OPR’s idea and the new golf format that Rory & Tiger are leading.

Comment

Another one just released that might interest a few here. Liv Boree on the Lex podcast.

Comment

Tim Dillon is live on the H3 podcast. He's making some impressive income via patreon, no wonder he's not too worried about his special on Netflix https://graphtreon.com/creator/thetimdillonshow

Last edited by ComradeCollie; 24-08-22, 20:33.
                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Would be massively appreciated! Thank you.
                        Is the feedback just given in text form and link to how to fix it. I think some form of commentary over their video slowed down highlighting the errors and then maybe a link to the drills to fix it. (Could be a premium option)

Sorry meant to do this earlier in work. If I think of anything else I’ll post tomorrow
                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

https://swingtweaks.com

Marketing site for new app. Could use some eyes on it for typos, ideas and wood from the trees type stuff.

Any and all help from BBV Massif is appreciated.

edit: app store link not working, app not yet approved.
                          With my editors hat on...
                          • ? after What is Swingtweaks
                          • Full stop required at the end of: We call this "a tweak" - IMO outside the last " - in the US full stops usually go inside the last ", in UK English its outside. But see what looks best fist before committing, its only 2 words so inside might look off.
                          • Full stop required after: Submit your "Swing"
                          • Youtube should be YouTube
                          • Full stop required after: Send your "Tweak" back to the golfer
                          • Where ever should be wherever
                          • Now it's your turn Golf Pro -I personally wouldn't capitalise Golf Pro here - it's just random capitalisation for emphasis. Not the biggest sin though.
                          • Remove exclamation marks!!! They don't add anything.
                          Hope that's helpful. Good luck with it.

Also: Full stop after quote (inside"): "Such an easy way for me to make some extra cash, improve my teaching and help golfers get better"
                          Last edited by BennyHiFi; 24-08-22, 21:01.

Comment

PSV were atrocious. Ive never seen a team with less composure. Jesus wept.

Yes i lost a tenner

Comment

Few little kids who live across the way were outside with a little table and hand made signs selling "lemonade" the other day. It was just fanta lemon in a different bottle but I played the game anyway.

As I walked past, one plucked up the courage to ask if I wanted some. Didnt have any change so told them I'd come back. Walked out and they had followed me to my house and raced back to the table when they saw me coming again

So today, I'm going to work. 3 of them recognise me and can hear them saying guys guys guys, there's the fella who bought the lemonade etc etc. I get a wave off them, say fair play and crack on.

On the way home from work, one of them runs over and says they will be selling tomorrow again if I want to stop by and points out their table and signs ready to go.

So now I have a €2 coin in my pocket because I'm being hustled by 8 year olds selling me fanta lemon on my way home from work great craic though.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                Few little kids who live across the way were outside with a little table and hand made signs selling "lemonade" the other day. It was just fanta lemon in a different bottle but I played the game anyway.

As I walked past, one plucked up the courage to ask if I wanted some. Didnt have any change so told them I'd come back. Walked out and they had followed me to my house and raced back to the table when they saw me coming again

So today, I'm going to work. 3 of them recognise me and can hear them saying guys guys guys, there's the fella who bought the lemonade etc etc. I get a wave off them, say fair play and crack on.

On the way home from work, one of them runs over and says they will be selling tomorrow again if I want to stop by and points out their table and signs ready to go.

So now I have a €2 coin in my pocket because I'm being hustled by 8 year olds selling me fanta lemon on my way home from work great craic though.
                                My 2 girls and 3 other girls from the estate had a bake sale for Ukraine at Easter. The poor mothers forced into baking a few scabby buns and scones and the girls raised 623 euro!
                                They weren't great at giving back change admittedly- they seemed to think it should be a silent collection a bit like the Free Presbyterians

Comment

Screenshot_20220824-235532_Gallery.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

Is the feedback just given in text form and link to how to fix it. I think some form of commentary over their video slowed down highlighting the errors and then maybe a link to the drills to fix it. (Could be a premium option)

Sorry meant to do this earlier in work. If I think of anything else I’ll post tomorrow
                                    This is the regular option. You get 2, 3 min videos of your swing analysed, annotated, narrated. And a link to the youtube drills curated by the pro.

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

You know things are going to be bad when people like macron use phrases like “the end of abundance”

Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Good to see SF have a policy to address the lack of properties available for Airbnb.

It’s just mcdowel opinion piece in the times I’m basing this on so the real housing policy is presumably much different.

Comment

From here on the Robert Troy story should be used in journo school to illustrate the potential power of drip-feeding.

Comment

From here on the Robert Troy story should be used in journo school to illustrate the potential power of drip-feeding a story.
                                            Or 'how not to get in front of an issue'
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Should set up a market for next summer, which politician / public figure will lazy hacks and pisspoor shinnerbots push out of office during the silly season frenzy
                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Haven't been following the story in any detail, but what crime is Troy accused of?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Or 'how not to get in front of an issue'
                                                  How not to get in front of a non-issue.

Comment

What he didn’t do isn’t enough of an issue in and of itself to warrant losing his position but it’s a particularly stupid mistake in a housing crisis.

Optics around such a large proportion of TD’s being landlords along with utilising HAP & other schemes doesn’t look great anyway.

You would think that people in these positions have the wherewithal not to be so exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                      Haven't been following the story in any detail, but what crime is Troy accused of?
                                                      Either:
                                                      1. being untruthful in his public declarations, or
                                                      2. being an idiot
                                                      My money is on both.

Happy enough to see him turfed out. Notice to other TDs that standards are actually expected and accountability is a real concept.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

How not to get in front of a non-issue.
                                                        It's not a non-issue.

Comment

Either:
                                                          2. being an idiot
                                                          My money is on both.

Happy enough to see him turfed out. Notice to other TDs that standards are actually expected and accountability is a real concept.
                                                          Probably pretty close to my position on it.

I do wonder a little how purposefully deceptive someone in his position is being when they an interest in 11 properties and utilise HAP(or other).
                                                          Is the upside that great in not declaring?
                                                          I don’t fully understand the ins & outs of how great the benefit was to him in its current form but downside just seems massive.

I do think Leo & team were outplayed though. They backed him too quickly & too definitively without pre-empting there was more to come.

Comment

These guys managed the muckraking beautifully https://www.ontheditch.com/

Wonder who might be behind them?

Comment

Didn't think Troy would receive any backing. Even in here. Was waiting on Hitch to put up the defence. Not SP (Although i get SP's sentiment)

He seems like a lying scumbag with far too much skin in the game to be actively campaigning of changing rules and legislation on it.

Not declaring to the Dail he was a director for a property management company for his own property portfolio.
                                                              Requesting cash from Tenants. Only reason this is done is avoid declaring full amount. His "Cash is legal tender" argument yesterday on the radio, however true was horrific.
                                                              CAB/Local council involved in flipping homes with massive profit.
                                                              Being a Landlord for a single residency is a pain in the hole, let alone being involved in 11 whilst being a sitting Junior Minister.
                                                              The "Bought my first home at 20 because i started work at 18" gave me instant flashbacks to Trumps "Got a lend of a Milly from my Dad". Zero awareness

Hate to see the likes of Cosgrave and other slime stroking their cocks in delight in this but Jesus he had to go. Has to go as a TD too i would have thought.

TDs that standards are actually expected and accountability is a real concept.
                                                              Yes and zero harm of this happening as i expect there will be plenty of stories dropped very quickly on Shinner TDs when they are in office.
                                                              Seems like good work by the men who outed him.

A lot of landlords in public office (which is ok). A lot of them not playing by every rule and are keeping quiet enough on this i'd say.

Comment

Either:
                                                                2. being an idiot
                                                                My money is on both.

Not sure if I'm reading this correctly but it appears he owns a good few properties and he had declared them all except one that he had flipped earlier in that year. Whether that's untruthful or an honest mistake is probably all depending on ones biases.
                                                                I don't get then why they are accusing him of doing something wrong in making representations for increased HAP when he is declaring every year on his register of interests that he owns all these other properties and thus earns money as a landlord

Have little or no sympathy given the strong whiff of old school FF off it but on the other hand it does feel like his major crime is owning a number of properties at a time that there is a housing crisis.

Comment

Not sure if I'm reading this correctly but it appears he owns a good few properties and he had declared them all except one that he had flipped earlier in that year. Whether that's untruthful or an honest mistake is probably all depending on ones biases.
                                                                  I don't get then why they are accusing him of doing something wrong in making representations for increased HAP when he is declaring every year on his register of interests that he owns all these other properties and thus earns money as a landlord

Have little or no sympathy given the strong whiff of old school FF off it but on the other hand it does feel like his major crime is owning a number of properties at a time that there is a housing crisis.
                                                                  He declared an interest in 2 properties. He owned 11.

He is required to declare all contracts with the State. 5 of the properties were rented to HAP recipients. As I understand it he did not declare any of them.

I mean, surely nobody is defending this? He is as bang to rights as it gets.
                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

Not declaring to the Dail he was a director for a property management company for his own property portfolio.
                                                                    Requesting cash from Tenants.
                                                                    Wasn't aware of those, the latter is particularly stinky.

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                    Has to go as a TD too i would have thought.
                                                                    Must be pretty close to a 0% chance of that given the numbers.
                                                                    It would be suicide if this coalition were to let go before a significant tranche of the housing starts that were delayed by covid are turned into completions.

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

He is required to declare all contracts with the State. 5 of the properties were rented to HAP recipients. As I understand it he did not declare any of them.

I mean, surely nobody is defending this? He is as bang to rights as it gets.
                                                                    Really, I thought the numbers were the other way around! LOL proper old school Burke Lawlor Bertie era FF crap then!

How stupid would you have to be not to declare that much property

Comment

Just because SF were shouting about it doesn't make it wrong.

(Getting in with LL early in case I'm on the list of class enemies to be shot when SF seize the reins)

Comment

Indeed! This was a beauty:

Troy however didn’t address another property he sold to Longford County Council in 2019. The Longford–Westmeath TD bought the property from a Fianna Fáil county councillor before selling it to the council just three months later for almost twice what he’d paid for it.

Comment

He is still a TD and FF party member. Not like he is going away.

Comment

Very different from failing to declare 2 of 11, that's some proper Liam Lawlor, Ray Burke, Bertie era FF carry on.

Comment

Comment

It's a good lesson for future Taoisigh.

Someone from your party is accused of something scummy.
                                                                                Don't: immediately close ranks and declare 'nothing to see here'.
                                                                                Do: make the accused give you the full unvarnished facts
                                                                                Do: make a determination if there's been a transgression and then act accordingly.

Simple doing the above would have allowed Martin to make a 'Troy has not lived up to his responsibilities and his actions fall below the standards we set for ourselves as TDs and Ministers' press release, Troy to then resign and the whole thing to be spun as an excellent example of new standards in accountability, blah, blah.

Instead: omnishambles.

Comment

Leo definitely missed a trick there. Should have pointedly refused to comment in any way.

Now Ryan looks like the moral conscience of government.

Comment

He is still a TD and FF party member. Not like he is going away.
                                                                                    The local yokels probably give him an increased majority in the next GE too.

Comment

Do: make a determination if there's been a transgression and then act accordingly.

Simple doing the above would have allowed Martin to make a 'Troy has not lived up to his responsibilities and his actions fall below the standards we set for ourselves as TDs and Ministers' press release, Troy to then resign and the whole thing to be spun as an excellent example of new standards in accountability, blah, blah.

This was along my line of thinking

I would have thought it was standard operating procedure for Martin or one of his lackies to pull Troy aside and ask him 'What's the story here?' before making any comment to the media/public.

Was that done and Troy lied through his teeth thinking there wasn't more revelations to come and he could ride it out?

Comment

Could be wrong but think it is just a few lads running it, no major backing.

They received a legal letter from Troy's solicitors at the start of all this instructing them to take the article about the cash only for rent down and they responded by posting the letter to their Instagram account basically saying 'Get Fucked - There's no way we're taking it down'

Comment

Finished the 5 series of The Wire last night after a few weeks broken up with Holidays.

You'd have to wonder how this Robert Troy thing would play out in Baltimore..

Pretty sure Clay Davis would own the 11 houses by close of business today and probably the Freehold on all Leinster House and all Governmment Buildings too.

Sheeeeeeit

Great Series though.

Comment

Very different from failing to declare 2 of 11, that's some proper Liam Lawlor, Ray Burke, Bertie era FF carry on.
                                                                                            Ah Liam Lawlor . Killed by the Russians. Ask Iago if you dont believe me.

Comment

(Getting in with LL early in case I'm on the list of class enemies to be shot when SF seize the reins)
                                                                                              All the opposition parties provided a... shall we say "muted"... response to this controversy.

I suspect the party leaders across the house locked most of their TDs in a dark room and told them to empty their pockets now. An awful lot of "there but for the grace of god" in Leinster House these last 2 weeks.

If only SIPO weren't so bloody toothless.

Comment

You're forgetting the all-powerful arithmetic here. If MM loses Troy as a TD then the government have no majority. Like a man waiting for his mates in a pub on Patrick's Day, he desperately needs to hold on to every seat he can.

Comment

You're forgetting the all-powerful arithmetic here. If MM loses Troy as a TD then the government have no majority. Like a man waiting for his mates in a pub on Patrick's Day, he desperately needs to hold on to every seat he can.
                                                                                                  He should be thinking strategically

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Ah Liam Lawlor . Killed by the Russians. Ask Iago if you dont believe me.
                                                                                                    Ra-Ra-Rasputin, the Tsar, Lawlor, Hitch...

Comment

At least we convinced someone (sp) to change their mind on the internet. Always a good days work.

Comment

Another story on that site jumped out at me as an, ahem, interesting coincidence

Comment

It’s Paddy cosgrove behind it which is a shame but I guess you have to take investigative journalism where you can get it
                                                                                                          whhens the last time likes of independent or Irish times broke a major story (that wasn’t just a politician leaking something juicy on opposition to one of their slimeball Twitter addicted journo lackeys)
                                                                                                          Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

It constantly amazes me the level of shithousery Public Representatives get up to and obviously think they'll get away with. It begs the question as to what % of shithousery ever becomes public knowledge.

Cause in my mind, if i was a public figure i'd try and make doubly sure i was squeaky clean as i'd be fairly sure that it'd come out in the wash eventually. And especially because i'm likely to be very nicely remunerated as it was without having to try and make an extra few pounds under the table. Guess these boyos think differently though.

One thing i'm fairly sure of is that if (when probably) SF get in, there will be apoplectic levels of scandal when the spotlight is well and truly on them.

Comment

I think i could take Rory McIlroy today jaysus

Comment

Kilkenomics confirmed to return this year. It looked likely but seems definite now.
                                                                                                                Interested to see the line-up.

Off that week anyway so I’ll definitely go at least 1 night. Who knows they might even get friend of forum J.Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                                  Kilkenomics confirmed to return this year. It looked likely but seems definite now.
                                                                                                                  Interested to see the line-up.

Off that week anyway so I’ll definitely go at least 1 night. Who knows they might even get friend of forum J.Peterson.
                                                                                                                  Why would anyone want to listen to a bunch of guys who have been consistently wrong about everything- probably get more insight at a homeopathy convention

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                                                                                                                    It constantly amazes me the level of shithousery Public Representatives get up to and obviously think they'll get away with. It begs the question as to what % of shithousery ever becomes public knowledge.

Cause in my mind, if i was a public figure i'd try and make doubly sure i was squeaky clean as i'd be fairly sure that it'd come out in the wash eventually. And especially because i'm likely to be very nicely remunerated as it was without having to try and make an extra few pounds under the table. Guess these boyos think differently though.

One thing i'm fairly sure of is that if (when probably) SF get in, there will be apoplectic levels of scandal when the spotlight is well and truly on them.
                                                                                                                    SP compiling data as we speak.

His absolute blind hatred for SF..he even trys to defend a scumbag like Troy.

I found Troy's apology the best, sonething like-I'm not going to apologise for being a landlord. Eh issue was declaring it. Sorry not sorry

Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

Why would anyone want to listen to a bunch of guys who have been consistently wrong about everything- probably get more insight at a homeopathy convention
                                                                                                                      So kinda like a Live version of IPB?

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

SP compiling data as we speak.

His absolute blind hatred for SF..he even trys to defend a scumbag like Troy.

I found Troy's apology the best, sonething like-I'm not going to apologise for being a landlord. Eh issue was declaring it. Sorry not sorry
                                                                                                                        Not true.
                                                                                                                        I tuned out after his first statement which did sound like a reasonable mistake - even that nutjob Halligan admitted on radio that he thought the procedure was as Troy said he had mistaken it to be - I fully admit that from then on I assumed that it was just lazy hacks and shinnerbots on their annual silly season minister hunt.

Comment

I've to come up with a privacy policy, T&Cs and a disclaimer for a new site.

I'm assuming the done thing is to just copy edit and paste from a similar business yes?

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X