X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elbows View Post
    My cousin who is a major coffee wanker swears by it
    Aeropress is great, buy one of these too https://www.amazon.com/Hario-Skerton.../dp/B001802PIQ and https://shop.3fe.com/product/3fe-chr...g-subscription
    Grinder and aeropress are cheaper than an nespresso and you can pick whichever coffee you want. 3fe subscription would be a decent start.

Comment

Yeah, contemplating buying one for work although then I would actually have to work the 15 minutes of company time that I burgle each day to go out and buy wanker coffee at Coffee Angel.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

After coming across this on FB http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...-rough-9396734

and read it to Mia , I thought hmm havent seen The Pursuit of Happiness in yonks, so put it on. I forgot how awesome it was!

Mia was engrossed loved it, im Obv still snotting and sniffing here, such a great story
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
          Aeropress is great, buy one of these too https://www.amazon.com/Hario-Skerton.../dp/B001802PIQ and https://shop.3fe.com/product/3fe-chr...g-subscription
          Grinder and aeropress are cheaper than an nespresso and you can pick whichever coffee you want. 3fe subscription would be a decent start.
          He has a grinder too alright.

Can't remember what type it is

He said 3FE are very good.

Nespresso does me.
          Last edited by elbows; 05-12-16, 21:55.
          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Plus one for aeropress. Handy for travelling, weekends away etc. No need to resort to instant muck #coffeewanker

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              Yeah, contemplating buying one for work although then I would actually have to work the 15 minutes of company time that I burgle each day to go out and buy wanker coffee at Coffee Angel.
              I like that spot. Went back to Bear today, more wankerish than I originally gave it credit for. Must give the sushi place a try tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                Did Baby V get home ok?
                Yeah she did. Still under the weather but doing a good bit better.
                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Anyone seen any of these?
                  SPOILER
                  Any use?

Comment

He is no more a democrat than he is a Republican.
                    He is apolitical, with no interest in the future, in democracy, in progress or in people. Excepting his own in own ego and the next shiny thing that takes his minuscule attention span he is a void, null, nothing.
                    He is an ignorant know nothing, an abject failure as a human being, a thug and as a husband he is a wife beater and rapist. As a businessmen he has never been anything but a slow burn loser who has never produced anything of any value in his entire career.
                    That he is PEOTUS is a disgrace to humanity, they have elected a dunce lacquered in gold plate, as useless and as vacuous an anal ejaculation.
                    Bill and Hillary described to a tee.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                      Bill and Hillary described to a tee.
                      Seriously you haven't a fucking clue.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Des Bishop's Rant >> my rants

#DrainTheBog

Comment

Des Bishop show is quite good.

Comment

Anal ejaculation.

Good man SP.
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by aidankk View Post

This is the dogs bollox, for min cleaning/nice tasting/ easy making coffee. and can be brought anywhere with you.

Bit cheaper at only €30 on amazon..
                              Thanks m8s. Will order now.

Nut coffee well played.

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                              I like that spot. Went back to Bear today, more wankerish than I originally gave it credit for. Must give the sushi place a try tomorrow.
                              Will try it 2moro so.

Sushi place is 2e and your 7th cup free. 12e free cup. Coffee angel etc 11th cup free so 25/30e for the free one. Great sushi too.

Comment

Pair of cunts get on the bus in O'Connell Street about an hour ago. Supposedly looking for a bus to the airport. ..... 2 women get tangled between them and as soon as I pull away, one of them discovers her phone has been stolen. Fuckin scum. 2 middle-eastern types too.

Comment

He is apolitical, with no interest in the future, in democracy, in progress or in people. Excepting his own in own ego and the next shiny thing that takes his minuscule attention span he is a void, null, nothing.
                                  He is an ignorant know nothing, an abject failure as a human being, a thug and as a husband he is a wife beater and rapist. As a businessmen he has never been anything but a slow burn loser who has never produced anything of any value in his entire career.
                                  That he is PEOTUS is a disgrace to humanity, they have elected a dunce lacquered in gold plate, as useless and as vacuous an anal ejaculation.
                                  I think he's a genius, the ultimate "Nixon goes to China" and will do for minorities than "Super Predator" Clinton ever would have. Time will tell which of us is closer to the truth, but it's more fun from my seat

Excepting his own in own ego and the next shiny thing that takes his minuscule attention span he is a void, null, nothing.
                                  He is an ignorant know nothing,
                                  Reminds me of this:

I do take some small, cold, bitter satisfaction in one thing, and that’s the fact that Trump is going to be absolutely fucking miserable for the next four years.

He’s an entertainer and an attention whore, not a public servant. He wants to be on TV and in front of crowds, not actually working a difficult, grueling, stressful job he can’t opt out of. He’s going to have to sit through SO many meetings, be forced to read SO many briefings, get shoehorned into serious business all day every day, without crowds to perform for, and he’s going to hate Every. Single. Minute.

And then, when he doesn’t deliver on his promises, when he doesn’t build the wall or create jobs or make people rich, when it becomes clear how incompetent and buffoonish he is, the country and all his supporters will turn on him. They’re gonna start blaming him for everything, and those crowds that cheered for him are going to start booing. He’ll be humiliated at every turn, and leave office with the lowest approval rating ever, and he’ll be universally despised.

Because if he’d lost to Hillary, he would have played the martyr forever, called everything rigged, and had a cushy gig on Fox News complaining every day about how he would have done it better. But now he’s going to have to actually WORK, he’s going to be forced to deal with RESPONSIBILITIES, while surrounded by people who hate him and don’t respect him, people vastly more intelligent and competent than him, and he will be exposed as a loser. And then, we’ll fire him. He’ll go down as the worst president in history. And he’ll have no one to blame but himself.

I know this isn’t much against the fear of what’s going to happen, but friends, hear me. We are going to make Donald Trump’s life a living nightmare, and I for one take immense pleasure from that.
                                  The guy has micromanaged in construction and real estate management his whole life

Comment

You're some crybully in fairness. Get over yourself.

Comment

Watched last episode of Westworld

SPOILER
                                      No point writing anything as it confused the shite out of me but still loved it. Roll on season 2 in 2017/2018 and Will wasnt killed and he smiled at end

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                        The guy has micromanaged in construction and real estate management his whole life
                                        And has consistently lost money doing it.

And yea sure , leading the most powerful nation is just the same as gold plating blingy brothels and selling fraudulent degrees.
                                        Last edited by Strewelpeter; 05-12-16, 23:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Morihei View Post
                                          crybully
                                          Had to google that, good word but it doesn't mean what you think it means

Comment

TV3 picking the complete deadrubber of City v Celtic on Tuesday night is actually a crime against sport.
                                            Suspect at this stage they got a cut-price Scottish broadcasting package from UEFA.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                              Watched last episode of Westworld

SPOILER
                                              No point writing anything as it confused the shite out of me but still loved it. Roll on season 2 in 2017/2018 and Will wasnt killed and he smiled at end
                                              SPOILER
                                              What's causing you confusion?

Comment

Is this kit decent value?

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                  Pair of cunts get on the bus in O'Connell Street about an hour ago. Supposedly looking for a bus to the airport. ..... 2 women get tangled between them and as soon as I pull away, one of them discovers her phone has been stolen. Fuckin scum. 2 middle-eastern types too.
                                                  We're all humans m8 may aswell say it was Pat Kenny and Terry Venables. Why generalise?

Comment

Was having a weird enough day today when I randomly decided to take in an afternoon movie and being out in the wilds of tallaght I wasn't expecting much. First glance of the names made bad santa 2 favourite but after looking at the starting times and seeing Amy Adams and forrest whittiker'so names I gambled on a film called Arrival knowing absolutely nothing about it.
                                                    Came out feeling like I backed a 50/1 winner.
                                                    There are some small weaknesses but I don't think I have seen a better cinema release this year. Amy Adams is fantastic and they do some interesting things with the story that would be easy to spoil but work very well coming to it blank.
                                                    Highly recommended.

Comment

Seriously you haven't a fucking clue.
                                                      Haven't a clue about what?

Comment

Amy Adams is grand.

Comment

Was having a weird enough day today when I randomly decided to take in an afternoon movie and being out in the wilds of tallaght I wasn't expecting much. First glance of the names made bad santa 2 favourite but after looking at the starting times and seeing Amy Adams and forrest whittiker'so names I gambled on a film called Arrival knowing absolutely nothing about it.
                                                          Came out feeling like I backed a 50/1 winner.
                                                          There are some small weaknesses but I don't think I have seen a better cinema release this year. Amy Adams is fantastic and they do some interesting things with the story that would be easy to spoil but work very well coming to it blank.
                                                          Highly recommended.
                                                          From 3 weeks ago...

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                          Saw it today. Thought it was a remarkable film.
                                                          I subconsciously programmed you to go to it, although you thought you had a choice to go to Bad Santa too. Welcome to Westworld.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                            It's not bad value but I think you could make better yourself tbh.
                                                            That grinder I linked is the one I have and it gets great reviews. For pure convenience it's fine but for a similar price you could get a good grinder, Aeropress and 4 250g bags of coffee or subscription.

A good grinder is arguably more important than an aeropress/coffee machine etc so I'd make sure I get a good one.
                                                            Last edited by Guest; 06-12-16, 00:29. Reason: Additional Wankery

Comment

Saw Arrival today too, really enjoyed it. Reassuring to have the same guy at the helm for the bladerunner sequel

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                SPOILER
                                                                What's causing you confusion?
                                                                for starters

SPOILER
                                                                Wyatt is Dolores?, Maze is self awareness? and finally/mostly what was point of Maeve? need to watch again I feel

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                  Austrian news is a bit of a setback for the Denny World Project. Although still a chance that Italy might deliver tonight.
                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                    ...So sadly the amazing flight idea for the GF is off, so back to drawing board... Next up is a coffee machine!...What are the suggestions for this?...IPB is full of coffee wankers so confident of good assistance lol...Only thing it requires is that it has "pods" or whatever they are, and preferably a good fancy one (about €100 is good :-) )...Thanks in advance, and I reckon 2017 will be the year I give advice to others ha...
                                                                    ...Edit to add, I heard her mention that with some machines you can't buy the coffee Pods in Ireland or something like that, is that correct?...
                                                                    gunna make you my go to man when I need to decide stuff.

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                    Cassava flake with lemon dill aioli and pickled samphire. Tayshtee

People were asking the woman what was in it and as she had a sore throat she was whispering in reply. They thought it was a secret and would whisper to her too

Their main truck is nearby on richmond place south and is great. This weeks menu was:

SPOILER

This ice cream mud pie thing is class

Is this vegetarian? Looks nice if so.

If it's vegan, then the 'cream cheese' probably writes off the starter and the dessert is just a jinx.

Still not eating meat much since I saw you last (though eat fish occasionally), barring a couple of times I've been overly hungry succumbed to a pizza with pepperoni.
                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post

If it's vegan, then the 'cream cheese' probably writes off the starter and the dessert is just a jinx.

Still not eating meat much since I saw you last (though eat fish occasionally), barring a couple of times I've been overly hungry succumbed to a pizza with pepperoni.
                                                                      I've been trying to go pretty plant based recently, I watched a documentary on Netflix then read the China Study. I've tried various different diets over the years paleo etc so figured I'd give it a go.
                                                                      It's been pretty decent so far, I've probably gone from consuming meat/fish/egg/dairy in close to 100% of my meals to I'd say 10-15%.
                                                                      The meat hasn't been a huge change but the dairy and eggs have been the biggest struggle.
                                                                      I didn't notice much of a change until a played a match last week and I noticed a decent improvement, my training, mood and sleep seems to have improved without much of a weight loss. A vegan diet is tough and I think unless you are doing it for more than well being it's hard to sustain. Maybe if I had more of a moral issue regarding animals or an underlying health issue I could do it but I think where I'm at now is about the limit

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I'm the only one who disliked Arrival then? Cool, cool.

Comment

No nonsense security here in Hong Kong. A tiny bit of my boarding card pass hadn't printed correctly. Some part of the terms and conditions. We came to the mutual agreement that I'd committed the equivalent of pissing on his grannies grave and I'll need to up my game considerably if I'm to be allowed anywhere near HK in future. Maybe haven't travelled enough, but those guys seem super intense compared to other countries.
                                                                            Communists dude.

If there's one thing they take seriously, it's bureaucracy.

Comment

Communists dude.

If there's one thing they take seriously, it's bureaucracy.
                                                                              Sadly not only communists stuffer from this malady as you know all too well.
                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Bernardo Bertolucci needs to call up hitch for his defence team

Comment

Morning. IPB unblocked at work. Good times.
                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                    Morning. IPB unblocked at work. Good times.
                                                                                    Did you play nice with the network/security team?

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                      Did you play nice with the network/security team?
                                                                                      Didn't even ask. They must have fucked up.
                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                                                        You stole her phone didn't ya? Don't be racist. It was YOU!

Comment

Does anyone know about sherry wankery? I need a moderately priced present.

Comment

Didn't even ask. They must have fucked up.
                                                                                            We won't tell.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                                              We won't tell.
                                                                                              cheers m8

Comment

Best version of this song as the drummer goes a bit mental at the end.

Oh before anyone asks me to turn myself down..i can't this is who i am.

Comment

cheers m8
                                                                                                  No worries. What's your fav Christmas song?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                    TV3 picking the complete deadrubber of City v Celtic on Tuesday night is actually a crime against sport.
                                                                                                    Suspect at this stage they got a cut-price Scottish broadcasting package from UEFA.
                                                                                                    Fk 'em, its Mosconi Cup tonight.

Comment

No worries. What's your fav Christmas song?
                                                                                                      Bit early for it, but this one for me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prlf5y5iRv0

Comment

Brother has started doing plays for the public as part of his course, pretty excited to go see him, waiting until he has the lead though.

I love how you haven't heard of Arrival SP, like it's some obscure Sundance film you stumbled upon in the wilds, and I'm one of the most out of the loop people.

Saw a band from Tallaght last night (Chewing on Tinfoil), like punk rock kinda thing, were really good. Here ends my news report.

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post

The food is a lie. I'll have to meet up with you and find you some food you like. Good man. Can bring Andy's wife and he will fall like a domino, check mate.

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                        I've been trying to go pretty plant based recently, I watched a documentary on Netflix then read the China Study. I've tried various different diets over the years paleo etc so figured I'd give it a go.
                                                                                                        It's been pretty decent so far, I've probably gone from consuming meat/fish/egg/dairy in close to 100% of my meals to I'd say 10-15%.
                                                                                                        The meat hasn't been a huge change but the dairy and eggs have been the biggest struggle.
                                                                                                        I didn't notice much of a change until a played a match last week and I noticed a decent improvement, my training, mood and sleep seems to have improved without much of a weight loss. A vegan diet is tough and I think unless you are doing it for more than well being it's hard to sustain. Maybe if I had more of a moral issue regarding animals or an underlying health issue I could do it but I think where I'm at now is about the limit
                                                                                                        That's good going man, I'd rather a load of people reducing it than a few new vegans. It is hard, well it was for me, I wouldn't recommend people just jumping straight to vegan, feeling like it's too hard and going back to their old ways. Speaking of the other issues, it's actually not unusual to start having more of a problem with things when you partake in them less, you are less invested in it (a steakholder ) and behaviour affects attitude significantly. Generally you see people start having more of a problem with treatment of animals or with what it does to the environment after they eat less meat, not before. You hit the nail on the head with things being difficult if you are focusing on yourself, easier if you are focusing on others.

Comment

The food is a lie. I'll have to meet up with you and find you some food you like. Good man. Can bring Andy's wife and he will fall like a domino, check mate.
                                                                                                          I think you mean check m8

Comment

Brother has started doing plays for the public as part of his course, pretty excited to go see him, waiting until he has the lead though.

I love how you haven't heard of Arrival SP, like it's some obscure Sundance film you stumbled upon in the wilds, and I'm one of the most out of the loop people.
                                                                                                            Whats the play?

Not like me to be unaware of decent movies, especially as Hotspur gave it the nod and it got the ultimate imprimatur of Dom hating it.
                                                                                                            Have been watching to many poor TV series and missing out on films, going to remedy that the holidays I haven't even watched the latest Coen Bros. one yet! Yesterday may have been the first time I was in the cinema since PTA's incoherent mess was current two years ago
                                                                                                            Weird thing now that I think about it, dealing with empty nest syndrome it seems to be somehow harder to get it together to go out to do stuff than it was when the house was full of kids Have probably been to less gigs and plays this year than any other I can remember.

Comment

Whats the play?

Not like me to be unaware of decent movies, especially as Hotspur gave it the nod and it got the ultimate imprimatur of Dom hating it.
                                                                                                              Have been watching to many poor TV series and missing out on films, going to remedy that the holidays I haven't even watched the latest Coen Bros. one yet! Yesterday may have been the first time I was in the cinema since PTA's incoherent mess was current two years ago
                                                                                                              Weird thing now that I think about it, dealing with empty nest syndrome it seems to be somehow harder to get it together to go out to do stuff than it was when the house was full of kids Have probably been to less gigs and plays this year than any other I can remember.
                                                                                                              'Children of the Sun' by Maxim Gorky

You mean Hail, Caesar? I really enjoyed that!

Comment

Does anyone know about sherry wankery? I need a moderately priced present.
                                                                                                                €20, bottle of oloroso or amontillado best suited to Xmas drinking. Mitchells have a good selection.

Job done.

Comment

Good shout on Sour Grapes on Netflix by GAB. Enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                    Fk 'em, its Mosconi Cup tonight.
                                                                                                                    Well that kinda sneaked up on me! I remember Corey Deuel having a little moan about missing out a few weeks ago, but didn't realise it kicked off tonight. Time to study the form guide because i've not following a thing in 2016!

Comment

Oleras and Tara should have a full on food fight.

Set up two tuck trucks in Dublin and pit the veggie vegan v's the mighty meat.

Raoul can sort out some vino to match all the dishes.

Benny can rig up some cools tunes to entertain us.

The rest of IPB can sit back and eat / judge everything that comes of of each kitchen

Make it happen lads, make it happen!

Comment

...
                                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Going to take some getting used to the people riding along on their scooters in HoChi with their babies loosely attached to the bike. Jaysus. Someone from the uni met me in the airport and I was asking her how do you actually cross the road as it didn't seem possible. She said she's only been in the city for a few years so hasn't had enough time to work it out yet. She's the first non-farming member of her family, won a scholarship to the economics university, so clearly super smart, and her dream is to work in HR. ffs when your brightest talents are growing up wanting to organise disciplinary meetings for renegade staff. But then again I suppose it's great this generation have the choice.
                                                                                                                          Just walk out and keep going. Don't stop, don't hesitate. They will weave in and out around you. Be grand. Be very unlucky to get hit

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X