• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Seems it takes me about 10 posts on a subject to realise what the point I'm trying to make is. Must be a fcking nightmare for students in my classes if that's how I talk as well.
        You have fairly backed yourself into a corner here. Do admire the persistence but time to change the subject.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

sweet jesus

Comment

Thats not my point at all! In this case it could very well be sexual, but it could easily not be as well. But that seemingly doesn't matter to the media who have labelled it a sexual assault. There's a massive stigma attached to being labelled a sexual offender. Just to be clear, if I or any other adult did this then its clearly sexual assault, I'm just remembering the absolute stupidity of 13-year-old kids and thinking there's a decent possibility it was something non-sexual. Yet that fine-graining isn't present in the media when the headline screams 'sexual assault'.
              I sounds like a group of lads trying to coerce other lads to fight.
              But even if it was non-sexual, as you put it. It's still legally a sexual assault.
              Your adult example highlights that. (As it would be sexual assault regardless of motivation or anything).

Anyway, that's probably enough hockey sticks for a sunday. The private schoolers among us are probably having flashbacks

Comment

"Have you ever played hockey?"

"Yeah man..."

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  What sort of ludraman would argue otherwise
                  The details are a bit hazy now but pretty sure this was part of my stance. Didn't go down too well, meh, we moved onto a discussion on hockey sticks after that...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                      "Have you ever played hockey?"

"Yeah man..."

SPOILER
                      I can tell you some worse stuff.

One well-known player had his left testicle 'exploded' by the impact of a ball on his, er, ball. Interestingly, he went on to have 4 kids after.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                          The man is such a genius. Next four (eight?) years are gonna be great.
                          What do you mean by great?
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Turned on television to see a woman conducting Service on RTE. Outraged and confused I took to the Internet and it turns out it is a Church of Ireland service. I'm not sure which is worse. But it's a dark day for Ireland that Protestants get to have their black masses broadcast on our holy national broadcaster.
                            Brexit, Trump and now this.Hope there is some support group therapy available for you

Comment

How did the hearts turn out mellor ?

Long time ago, i had beef heart, really strong flavor from what i remember.

leftover fillets will be sous vide today and then finished on a chimney starter.
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Lollerpoolol
                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                    Lollerpoolol
                                    To be fair they've been great entertainment this season. Nowhere near as much quality in the side as Chelsea/City/Arsenal/United so they're over achieving to be top 4 right now.
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

On Thursday morning I was limping around with a new pain in the same general area and the run was 90% off.
                                      It was easy to pull out as the three lads I do this run with were out one injured, one sick and the other away.
                                      Walked and rolled as much as I could and was kind of resigned to missing it but when i woke up at 6 this morning I felt better than I have for weeks so I drove down and said I'd try it and pull out if it wasn't working out.

Couldn't believe how well it went was smiling the whole way around and finished in 2:03

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/ac...re_unique_id=3
                                      That's outstanding Tony, well done.
                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

In the holding area for the 'Santa Experience' which is running half an hour behind schedule. A fresh hell indeed. Children love waiting.

Comment

Progressed from a small waiting area to a larger, busier waiting area. fml

Comment

How many years has it been now since Man United were any fun to watch?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                              In the holding area for the 'Santa Experience' which is running half an hour behind schedule. A fresh hell indeed. Children love waiting.
                                              Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                              Progressed from a small waiting area to a larger, busier waiting area. fml
                                              Might be a good time to break the news

Comment

How many years has it been now since Man United were any fun to watch?
                                                About 31

Comment

What do you mean by great?
                                                  Highly entertaining at the expense of the media? They ridiculed that tweet but it was strategic brilliance; the protesters outside his building started burning flags, to public ire. And to top it off, the law was originally proposed by Clinton in 2005. The man just never stops delivering!

Comment

Santa hell over...now for my present to myself.

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                      To be fair they've been great entertainment this season. Nowhere near as much quality in the side as Chelsea/City/Arsenal/United so they're over achieving to be top 4 right now.
                                                      You talk such bullshit sometimes,
                                                      Can you explain to me what overachieving actually means, Do you just add the market value of squads and anyone outside there range is overachieving, Whats is the point of sport at all,when the situation has formulated the results with his fucking calculator.

Comment

Highly entertaining at the expense of the media? They ridiculed that tweet but it was strategic brilliance; the protesters outside his building started burning flags, to public ire. And to top it off, the law was originally proposed by Clinton in 2005. The man just never stops delivering!
                                                        I'd be for boring old peace and prosperity over hilariously entertaining consternation and chaos.

Small chink of light today with the Austrian Greens turning in a small majority over the extreme right.

Comment

Comment

I'd be for boring old peace and prosperity over hilariously entertaining consternation and chaos.

Small chink of light today with the Austrian Greens turning in a small majority over the extreme right.
                                                            Dude, that is not the preferred nomenclature.
                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Austrian news is a bit of a setback for the Denny World Project. Although still a chance that Italy might deliver tonight.
                                                              Italy really is the maddest country. Rampant tax avoidance, organised crime, corruption, nepotism, bureaucracy...

It really shouldn't 'work' but somehow it does.

Renzi is basically saying 'give me an institutional framework within which I can actually implement decisions'. Seems to me though that Italians actually prefer anarchy and are actually self-governing in a way that non-Italians will never quite comprehend.

Comment

Stuck in temple street with my baby at the minute. Hopefully nothing too bad but she was puking blood earlier and the on call nurse advised us to come in. I was wound like a top earlier but I've chilled out a bit now. Some seriously sick kids in here.
                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Eatyard is a pleasant spot for a sunday evening. Good quality burger from box burger, yummy lamb tagine. doughnut,ice cream and coffee to finish.
                                                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Hospitals are a cunt V, heres a shoulder.
                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                      Stuck in temple street with my baby at the minute. Hopefully nothing too bad but she was puking blood earlier and the on call nurse advised us to come in. I was wound like a top earlier but I've chilled out a bit now. Some seriously sick kids in here.
                                                                      All part of the parenting gig. Temple St is a great place, hope you get seen quick and all is OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                        All part of the parenting gig. Temple St is a great place, hope you get seen quick and all is OK.
                                                                        I guess so. I'm calm about it until I'm not calm. I don't do in between. Ah she'll be grand. Some of these kids have real ongoing problems. Your heart would go out to them and their parents. Some of them have frequent flyer points here!
                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Comment

Renzi is basically saying 'give me an institutional framework within which I can actually implement decisions'. Seems to me though that Italians actually prefer anarchy and are actually self-governing in a way that non-Italians will never quite comprehend.
                                                                            Looking like Renzi loses this one and will resign.

Will the clown get a go next? (yes, he is a real actual clown )

Comment

Ugh. Her vomiting blood must have given you an awful shock. Keep well.
                                                                              Have had that a few times. Quite easy for small kids to burst a blood vessel so hopefully that.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                                  You talk such bullshit sometimes,
                                                                                  Can you explain to me what overachieving actually means, Do you just add the market value of squads and anyone outside there range is overachieving, Whats is the point of sport at all,when the situation has formulated the results with his fucking calculator.
                                                                                  LOL@'sometimes'. Being a bit generous there
                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                    Might seem like a silly thing to say and easier said than done but try and stay calm, your other half needs it and so do you. Loads of us have been in a similar situation with our kids and I know how stressful it is. The joys of parenting I guess.
                                                                                    Hope everything's ok.

Comment

...

Comment

A bit like those stories by the BBC or Voice of America running stories on RT being a propaganda arm of the Russian state. Or the Americans accusing the Chinese of hacking them.
                                                                                        A bit curious about RT myself, though mostly aware of it because of Vipers View

Pie finds nothing new in the idea of fake news.
                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

...

Comment

Italy really is the maddest country. Rampant tax avoidance, organised crime, corruption, nepotism, bureaucracy...

It really shouldn't 'work' but somehow it does.

In our time this week was a very good history episode about Garrabaldi.

It turns out it was quite topical as it was that the compromises he made in the 1860's to create a united Italy brought about the institutions that they are trying and presumably going to fail to vote away today.

Melvyn Bragg and guests discuss Garibaldi and the Risorgimento, for our Listener Week.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                              Hey lads, random question:

I need to get an affidavit notarised. It's for submission to a US Court. I see there are various public notaries in the city centre but I can't get very specific details on their websites, and I need to get this boxed off Monday.

Does anyone know anything about this stuff? What type of fee am I looking at? I assume I'll need passport and utility bills to prove I'm me. Would I need anything else to hand?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.
                                                                                              Sorry for late arrival. A solicitor, notary public or commissioner for oaths can witness an affidavit for you to give it legal effect. Different US states may have specific requirements but the general rule of comity allows that a validly sworn affidavit in one country will be considered validly sworn in another.

It's cheap as chips to get it done and you can walk into any solicitor with your passport (they need photo ID, government issued, if they don't already know who you are).

Be fascinated to know the circumstances in which you'd be heading off to swear your own affidavit to send off to a Court though (not asking you to share). Generally these things are procured by parties to litigation and they send someone to take care of it all.

Anyway, best of luck with it.

EDIT: There are a few formal bits and pieces that are required to actually be in the wording of the affidavit. Worth having a solicitor witness it just so they can throw a quick eye over it and make sure you haven't left any procedural bits out.
                                                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                  How did the hearts turn out mellor ?

Long time ago, i had beef heart, really strong flavor from what i remember.

leftover fillets will be sous vide today and then finished on a chimney starter.
                                                                                                  Turned out really well.
                                                                                                  I've had beef heart before but this was my first time trying lamb. Mild flavour, not very "lamby". Only a hint of that organ meat flavour that you get from kidney and liver. I'd say it's the best entry level organ meat.

The sauce can put line a thick ragout and I had it with sweet potato mash.
                                                                                                  SPOILER

Comment

...

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Feel like I should be making lololol type posts about Liverpool directed at me m8 Dave but I'm too busy being a supporter of the champions elect.

Comment

Hope you all have a wonderful day in work tomorrow, i'm off, just about to open second bottle. shall arise about noon tomorrow

Starving did no food shop, had a slice of processed cheese in white stale ish bread with a lashing of salad cream, wasnt bad tbf
                                                                                                          #FUretail
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                            Feel like I should be making lololol type posts about Liverpool directed at me m8 Dave but I'm too busy being a supporter of the champions elect.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                                              Arsenal literally just make up the numbers in the top 4, sure its a trophy. G'wan.

Comment

Seems the first rule of politics is never to try to get rid of a senate. The World Dream is back on, despite the Austrian knockback. Clowns to the right of us, here we are...
                                                                                                                The oddest thing of all is that 80% of the youth voted No. In a country screaming out for labour market reforms to create more jobs, they decided to vote for the option that has directly prevented such reforms.

This post-truth universe is a very strange place and yes, the internet is largely to blame. People live in self-reinforcing echo chambers.

Comment

This post-truth universe is a very strange place and yes, the internet is largely to blame. People live in self-reinforcing echo chambers.
                                                                                                                  I agree.

Comment

Haven't yet watched - am I right in my belief that from what has been said - True Detective - 1st season - Watch.

The rest, disregard?

Comment

Yes

Comment

I agree.
                                                                                                                        I agree with you too. Now that we agree on this - Donald Trump is a Russian orphan, schooled at a special KGB academy and has the mission of reversing the result of the Cold War.

This is how this sort of shit happens. The internet has made us stupid (BBV obviously an exception ).

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                          Hope you all have a wonderful day in work tomorrow, i'm off, just about to open second bottle. shall arise about noon tomorrow

Starving did no food shop, had a slice of processed cheese in white stale ish bread with a lashing of salad cream, wasnt bad tbf
                                                                                                                          #FUretail
                                                                                                                          Working from home today, stuck this on to remind myself of how nice it was to stay to not have to venture out.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X