This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Some wifi and a KevIRL sighting, both for the first time in two weeks.

What's been happening in the real world hereabouts?
    You missed a cracking game of your beloved test cricket between Sri Lanka and Australia with a new world record of 26 consecutive maiden overs.

Comment

What happened to whatshername or did ye run her off?
      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

She must have got freaked out when mdoug was looking for er in the local shop.

Comment

I forgot the password.

Comment

Packed the wife and babies off till Wednesday so playing poker in the Green Isle with Satnav at the table. She wont drink till 8pm. 2016 surely is the Armageddon year......

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              Packed the wife and babies off till Wednesday so playing poker in the Green Isle with Satnav at the table. She wont drink till 8pm. 2016 surely is the Armageddon year......
              And I'm just talking to myself on the other thread
              Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                And I'm just talking to myself on the other thread
                Fuck off back over there then

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                  Trippie, could you have explain a little about your Career? It sounds fascinating
                  Not much of a career yet. Currently work for the Crusaders doing coaching and analysis for the international academy and the proper academy. Off to Portugal after the all blacks South Africa game here.

It's hard to talk about in general terms to be honest, if you have specific questions that's easier to answer

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                    It's hard to talk about in general terms to be honest, if you have specific questions that's easier to answer
                    Are you really short and fat, or are you just comparing yourself to professional athletes?
                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                      Not much of a career yet. Currently work for the Crusaders doing coaching and analysis for the international academy and the proper academy. Off to Portugal after the all blacks South Africa game here.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                        Throw the Jew down the well, so we can hear about more Rugby.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                          Disturbing that I had to google that.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                            Are you really short and fat, or are you just comparing yourself to professional athletes?
                            Short for sure, more so flabby in typical irish way with the back fat being pinched by jeans at side

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                              Virgin now blocking most pirate bay proxies
                              Do you still download in such an age with streaming?
                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                Do you still download in such an age with streaming?
                                I'm still keeping my DVDs Was delighted to notice Netflix had put a load of Star Trek up a few weeks ago. Discovered on the same day, that they'd taken down all of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The Cloud can go fuck itself.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                  Throw the Jew down the well, so we can hear about more Rugby.
                                  I've got next week off and it would be a good self assessment for myself so sure.

Comment

You ain't a pimp and you ain't a hustler
                                    A pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chrysler
                                    Black's got respect, and white's got his Soul Train
                                    Mama's got cramps, and look at your hands ache
                                    I got a suite and you got defeat
                                    Ain't there a man you can say no more?
                                    And, ain't there a woman I can sock on the jaw?
                                    And, ain't there a child I can hold without judging?
                                    Ain't there a pen that will write before they die?
                                    Ain't you proud that you've still got faces?
                                    Ain't there one damn song that can make me
                                    Break down and cry?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                      torrentleach open for registration, use the invite code- KICKTHATASS
                                      Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                      Tough place to keep an account though, unless you donate.
                                      Yeah, download a few things, nobody else downloads them due to not enough traffic -> get banned

Comment

Welcome to The Riddler. Every week, I offer up a problem related to the things we hold dear around here: math, logic and probability. These problems, puzzles an…
                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                          ez m8. Just use a blockchain.
                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Dylan Moran speaking for about one hour
                                            Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Just his view on the world and why he ended up a comic
                                            SPOILER
                                            The freedom it offered

Really good listen, Jarlath Regan who is interviewing him goes on about how difficult is is a few times but it's more him than Moran imo

Comment

Lads,
                                              Is there an up to date Vegas hotels thread knocking about? If not can you recommend a couple of hotels for a couple who aren't really into the gambling but would like the raz - ma - taz of the strip?

Late thirties. Don't want to spend the world but would rather not stay in a shite hole.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                Lads,
                                                Is there an up to date Vegas hotels thread knocking about? If not can you recommend a couple of hotels for a couple who aren't really into the gambling but would like the raz - ma - taz of the strip?

Late thirties. Don't want to spend the world but would rather not stay in a shite hole.

Cheers
                                                Have you dates/budget in mind? If you were to avoid the weekend nights you could upgrade the hotel as the price difference between weekday and weekend is sizeable.

I have went five times now. I have stayed in MonteCarlo *2, The Palazzo, Harrahs and Ballys. I think without giving a budget it is very hard to recommend.
                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Tipp in an AI football semi,wtf
                                                  Lovely stuff here

Comment

Gwan Tipp. The pace at which they attack after a turnover is frightening.

Solid year for Munster football. Tipp beat Cork in Munster semi. Kerry and Tipp in the AI semi. Clare in the 1/4 and promoted to division 2. LolCork relegated to division 2. Great year.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                      Lovely stuff here
                                                      France Galway 4/11 going into the game!

Comment

Booked the Monte Carlo myself for UFC202.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                          Ah youre milking the brag posts now m8

Comment

Ah youre milking the brag posts now m8
                                                            Only 3 more weeks of it

Comment

Only 3 more weeks of it
                                                              God bless the Reuter. Will you throw up the link to the podcast again!?

Comment

Annual 'I bought a shitload of wine' pic:

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

That is indeed a lot of wine.

Here's the latest one with him on it Rounders. Skype connection was a bit ropey for the first 2 mins, but grand thereafter:

Show Notes for Season Ticket Episode 42 Welcome to the Season Ticket Podcast. It’s episode 42, and it is ready for streaming or download by clicking the play button above, so...

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                    Gwan Tipp. The pace at which they attack after a turnover is frightening.

Solid year for Munster football. Tipp beat Cork in Munster semi. Kerry and Tipp in the AI semi. Clare in the 1/4 and promoted to division 2. LolCork relegated to division 2. Great year.
                                                                    Are Kerry playing Tipp in the semi? If so, Kerry will have played both Clare and Tipp twice each only to reach the final. Madness.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                      Are Kerry playing Tipp in the semi? If so, Kerry will have played both Clare and Tipp twice each only to reach the final. Madness.
                                                                      No winners of dublin and donegal

Comment

Comment

What was the level of protestation from the wife if any!. Or were these delivered to you afterwards?.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                            Nah. Provided Dublin do the business against Donegal next week as expected Kerry's season will be over. If Donegal can somehow do a 2014, we have a chance
                                                                            Last edited by dobby; 31-07-16, 18:19.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                              What was the level of protestation from the wife if any!. Or were these delivered to you afterwards?.
                                                                              'Resigned acceptance'. It all fitted easily in the car and I could have bought another 150 bottles if so inclined. I'm an expert at it by now.

She does drink her fair share of it tbf so can see the win element.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                Have you dates/budget in mind? If you were to avoid the weekend nights you could upgrade the hotel as the price difference between weekday and weekend is sizeable.

I have went five times now. I have stayed in MonteCarlo *2, The Palazzo, Harrahs and Ballys. I think without giving a budget it is very hard to recommend.
                                                                                Nice one Tipp

October 21st-26th - up to €160 per night excluding resort fee. So long weekend. Do all the resorts charge a 'resort fee' ?

I would like to stress that's it's not for me - I'd have no bother splashing the cash for me and the missus.

Edit 2:

just looked on trivago and there doesnt seem to be that much on the strip for that price. What's the mirage / treasure island like?
                                                                                Last edited by newbie2; 31-07-16, 18:28.

Comment

Lovely stuff here
                                                                                  I didnt hold out much hope when I saw one of the key lads heading in to the chipper during the week and knowing the lad it was for him.

I think that is one of the best value hotels on the strip. Great venue for the UFC. I like the poker room it my have had something to do with me putting in 140 hours there on my first trip
                                                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                    I didnt hold out much hope when I saw one of the key lads heading in to the chipper during the week and knowing the lad it was for him.

:
                                                                                    what harm would that do him?? Things have gone too far when a lad can't go for a burger and chips. Players sacrifice enough as it is.

Comment

How many kids did you have to leave behind to fit all that in?
                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I haven't watched it yet but getting great reviews and sure to be a good bit of interest here. New Netflix six-part documentary series about East Mississippi Community College's football program which dropped this weekend. Suppose to be a fair brutal, no holds bared look into the world. From the blurb it sounds like it tries to emulate 'Hoop Dreams' only focusing on group of kids trying to become the future stars of the NFL.

A gut-wrenching behind-the-scenes look at the world of college football. Inspired by the GQ article of the same name, Last Chance U follows the stories of el...

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          How many kids did you have to leave behind to fit all that in?
                                                                                          They all would have been quite happy to be left. Campsite was fantastically well set up for kids - professional actors\singers\dancers doing a show every night which surprised us (pleasantly). Was about 90% French there too so they had no choice but to engage with the locals. French kids eerily quiet and well-behaved compared to their Irish counterparts, basically miniature adults.

Obesity epidemic has well and truly hit France now, plenty of full-girthed punters in evidence.

Thanks to the Hitch familie for their horsepitality on the way down. Rennes city centre is very nice indeed.

Not much sign of security tension but we were well away from major cities.

Had one excellent morning where I went to a cave to buy wine and the lad there insisted on pouring very generous tasting glasses of each vintage. On the way out after a couple of very pleasant hours, he boxed up my purchases, shook my hand and then enquired what year I was born. He then took me deep into the cellars and pulled out a very dusty bottle of 1974 Vouvray demi-sec which he then handed to me as a present. Vive la France.

Comment

Had one excellent morning where I went to a cave to buy wine and the lad there insisted on pouring very generous tasting glasses of each vintage. On the way out after a couple of very pleasant hours, he boxed up my purchases, shook my hand and then enquired what year I was born. He then took me deep into the cellars and pulled out a very dusty bottle of 1974 Vouvray demi-sec which he then handed to me as a present. Vive la France.
                                                                                            You were born in 1974? Don't know why, but thought you were older though well preserved

Comment

You were born in 1974? Don't know why, but thought you were older though well preserved
                                                                                              Ah the old insultopliment.

Thanks, I think.

Comment

Ah the old insultopliment.

Thanks, I think.
                                                                                                Ah, think it's that when you post about American Presidents or UK Prime Ministers, or history in general it seems like you were actually there.

Comment

Ah, think it's that when you post about American Presidents or UK Prime Ministers, or history in general it seems like you were actually there.
                                                                                                  Two insultopliments in an hour.

Man's on fire.

Comment

Now we're golfing

Comment

Got this new toy today. It's absolutely awesome, like a kid on Xmas morning. Got a cool 300w sound bar to go with it.

Gonna download kodi, so will be hounding for advice no doubt.
                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

He comes from good stock.

Comment

Anyone been watching Mr Robot Season 2? Finding it a huge let down at the moment and feel like dropping it

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                            Anyone been watching Mr Robot Season 2? Finding it a huge let down at the moment and feel like dropping it
                                                                                                            Dropped it coming towards the end of season 1, no feeling for the charachter/s. Drop it, the guy is a zombie and he wont mind.

Comment

Looks like Louis CK on a diet is taking this down,shame Day is definetely the easiest of the top golfers to cheer on

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                Got this new toy today. It's absolutely awesome, like a kid on Xmas morning. Got a cool 300w sound bar to go with it.

Gonna download kodi, so will be hounding for advice no doubt.
                                                                                                                Please provide a detailed guide to how you got this past the wife please

Comment

just got interesting here

Comment

Nasty one coming up for Jimmy
                                                                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Like the way Jason Day was making no pretence at being sporting about it, had his 'miss, you cunt' face on all the way through Walkers final few shots.

Comment

Please provide a detailed guide to how you got this past the wife please
                                                                                                                        lol, took a bit of work alright

Wife got it for me for the 40th, after plenty of hint bombs.
                                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Only just found out legendary Irish guitarist Henry McCullough died last month aged 72.

Saw him live many times in small bars around the north in the late 80s and early 90s but never with Joe Cocker, Paul McCartney, Spooky Tooth, Sweeney's Men, Dr. Feelgood, Donovan, Roy Harper etc...

Nor on the tours he played with Hendrix, Floyd, The Animals... and as lead guitarist on Jesus Chrst Superstar... what fun he must have had.

A humble, earthy but hugely soulful and talented guy he was the only Irishman to play at Woodstock and if he never did anything else playing guitar on Live and Let Die would set him apart.

The theme tune to 007, Live and Let Die, performed by Wings. For entertainment purposes only, I do not claim ownership or rights of this production. Copyrigh...

RIP.

Ps... Just reading his wiki I realised the drummer in my teen punk-metal band played/toured with him in the early 00s. I'd forgotten all about that.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by BennyHiFi; 01-08-16, 00:03.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X