• Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          Yes. There's a pirate ship thing where you'll spend most of your time.

Also a wave machine that'll excite them.

Get there early imo. Gets very busy.
          Oh, no...I'll be in Vegas...just helping out the poor wife!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            Ah seemingly it used to be (18th, 19th century) an historic, as people tended not to pronounce the 'h' then, but now they do so a historic is correct: http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/wo...historic-event
            Let's confuse the issue even further and base it on the following noun:
            1. An historic occasion
            2. A historic day

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Anyone following this story of SF coaching the mad loyalist?

Taking the spirit of the GFA to extremes.

Comment

Class hockey SF on ATM.

Argentina men's are sensational.
                Hmmmm it's actually the gold medal match.

3-2 Argentina with a quarter left to play. Well worth a look on RTE Need Now (unless you're Sitch).

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                  What was that Lebanese wine people liked, looking for a bottle of red 20-30e
                  Nvm found the 2004 and 2007

Comment

3-2 Argentina with a quarter left to play. Well worth a look on RTE Need Now (unless you're Sitch).
                    Savage second goal by Belgium

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                      Nvm found the 2004 and 2007
                      Where did you get the 2004?

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                        Savage second goal by Belgium

You would saved that easy imo

Comment

Wow. That's great.

WP Argies

Comment

1 of my favourite parts of an Olympics is hearing of someone who totally dominates a sport I never notice exists for 3 years 50 weeks out of 4 and loses.
                            So give it up to Helen Maroulis who defeats Saori Yoshida in women's freestyle wrestling. That is her first loss in 17 Olympics/world championships and third loss ever in a 20 year career!

Spot the odd result out.

Last edited by cooker3; 18-08-16, 22:54.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                              It's a herb garden, not an herb garden.

Alway thought you could not use "an" before a noun. So "an" before non nouns and "a" before nouns is the general rule. Open for correction though.
                              It's mostly a silent H. It's not a 'erb'. All of the chefs pronounce it that way anyway.

Comment

Where did you get the 2004?

It's in Mitchell and Son

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                  Vacuousness? I don't want anyone else (wife included) buying stuff for me that I don't have a hand in buying. I'd rather get nothing than a 'thoughful' gift of art, sculpture, vase, cutlery, glasses, etc that I don't want or need. Some people did give nothing who came to my wedding and that was fine.

If that's vacuous then call me Barbie.
                                  It wouldn't be "thoughtful" of someone if they gave you such gifts as you wouldn't like them.

Has anyone been to Francis Street? I was lured there by Google to go to a gallery, and it transpires it it the best antiques shop hub outside of London and Paris (according to one of the guys I was chatting to).

Shop after shop of antiques. My first thought was "hammock district", then "how do I not know about this?". Small amount of bog oak antiques to be had, much more ornate and well crafted than the modern sculptures I had been looking at online. Pricier too though. Nothing suitable.

I can recommend a visit to Francis Street to peruse the antique shops.

Bought something in Gallery Zozimus, which is a wonderful gallery with the largest collection of ceramic art in Dublin. I ended up getting what I thought was a nice ceramic framed wall hanging piece. Bordering on the garish or silly, but quite nice to look at in real life imo:
                                  SPOILER

Comment

@Raoul, GAB and Zuut, 'Somm: Into the bottle' on Netflix is a really great watch. Check it out.
                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                      It wouldn't be "thoughtful" of someone if they gave you such gifts as you wouldn't like them.
                                      In SP's case he was railing against the giving of cash at any wedding as vacuous and 'dinner paying' essentially. When targeted to someone that you know would appreciate it, that's a different matter, such as buying for a brother who I'd assume you have a fair idea about. To do it just to be different with no knowledge of what they would like really is pretty thoughtless imo.

Comment

Started watching cos you said it's the final and the discussion on it the last few days. Never watched hockey before but Jesus Christ. How many chances do Belgium want here like

Comment

I'm not saying that anyone would want the cabinet full of Waterford crystal or have other people decorate their house for them.
                                          I also recognise the social norm that you simply have to pay your contribution towards the industrial wedding complex especially in the case of people you don't really know all that well but that is all just an unfortunate part of the bollocks that is the wedding business.
                                          If you are going to the wedding of someone you like or love you should know them well enough to be able to muster up the imagination to find something they will treasure or treasure the memory of.
                                          It doesn't have to be art or shite that clutters up homes. Get them something small but exceptional quality for instance 99% of chopping boards are shite but if you spend €100 on a single cut one it will last a lifetime or maybe just a really good bottle of wine, whatever...use your imagination.

I certainly have a few things that were gifts of no great value but are great treasures including a print so faded its hardly visible anymore and gets demoted everything I rehang pictures but will stay on a wall as long as I have a say, we also have the gaudiest, most hideous tea set that we keep buried in the attic but still gives us a great laugh and memory of the people who probably regifted it to us more than 30 years ago and who are long since gone.
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Lol. Dramatic finish anyway. Worth switching on

Comment

OK wrote that before the last few posts WP Hotspur that's a lovely piece and Dom doesn't really disagree hes every bit as grumpy as I am

Comment

That Erb Herb thing bring to mind the one thing that did put me off the hotel in Kerry all the staff both locals and foreigners who sound so cute with the Kerry accents pronounced Spa as Spaw as if they had been ordered too

Comment

USA V's Serbia in the women's volleyball is on now. Great viewing.
                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Serbians crushing the souls of team USA volleyball is immensely satisfying

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                      Each player gets his own river, so probably lost a little in translation from what they mean but that's how it will play out alright.

I was thinking very similar to you. It doesn't seem to add anything fun to the game and would defo seem to hinder the fish from playing. It might take each player 5 minutes to replay the hand through his head and see how the river affects their opponents hands. Don't think most of them that play here regularly would be up for that though. It seems a bit like torture imo!
                                                      One thing to consider is that the nuts might change based on who stays in the pot. ie you've the nut flush, in a 3 way hand, one opponent has a paired river.
                                                      You have the nuts verses one player, but not the other. Might affect betting pattern and strategy on the river.

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                      Player 1 : 3 4
                                                      Player 2 : 3 4

Board
                                                      5 6 5 6

River 1 : 7
                                                      River 2 : 7

Who wins?

(fold pre obvs)
                                                      There's actually a clear winner. >
                                                      The suits are ranked in poker

Comment

Mr Robot

SPOILER

Ah

SPOILER
                                                        Last edited by newbie2; 19-08-16, 00:00.

Comment

Some masculine 'women' in the 800 metres
                                                          Last edited by TheDrunkenOne; 19-08-16, 00:21.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                            Some masculine 'women' in the 800 metres
                                                            Was thinking the very same, that Kenyan is definitely a man!

Comment

SP won't be happy till he can ask google to look at other peoples search histories as a way of helping him pick out the perfect present

Comment

Semenya really does look like she's packing a medium sized mickey

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                  Semenya really does look like she's packing a medium sized mickey
                                                                  MEN AND WOMEN ARE EQUAL

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                    MEN AND WOMEN ARE EQUAL
                                                                    Best comedy show. Louis C.K. one of the best stand-up comedians ever. Louis CK has the best "dumb girl" voice.Louis CK «Racism and Sexism are very different»

Comment

Louis CK makes a living out of being right and so much cleverer than 99.6% of the planet.

Comment

Louis CK makes a living out of being right and so much cleverer than 99.6% of the planet.
                                                                        Much like you and me m8, except for the making a living out of it.

Comment

As proof I'm going to lay Bolt in this race.

Comment

Bolt is too fast

Comment

Didn't watch any Olympicse stuff

A wise man once said something along the lines of "De Olympics is shite m8's"

Watched Creed instead

Show!

Gonna watch some of De fast Olympics shite now

Comment

I'm not saying that anyone would want the cabinet full of Waterford crystal or have other people decorate their house for them.
                                                                                I also recognise the social norm that you simply have to pay your contribution towards the industrial wedding complex especially in the case of people you don't really know all that well but that is all just an unfortunate part of the bollocks that is the wedding business.
                                                                                If you are going to the wedding of someone you like or love you should know them well enough to be able to muster up the imagination to find something they will treasure or treasure the memory of.
                                                                                It doesn't have to be art or shite that clutters up homes. Get them something small but exceptional quality for instance 99% of chopping boards are shite but if you spend €100 on a single cut one it will last a lifetime or maybe just a really good bottle of wine, whatever...use your imagination.

I certainly have a few things that were gifts of no great value but are great treasures including a print so faded its hardly visible anymore and gets demoted everything I rehang pictures but will stay on a wall as long as I have a say, we also have the gaudiest, most hideous tea set that we keep buried in the attic but still gives us a great laugh and memory of the people who probably regifted it to us more than 30 years ago and who are long since gone.
                                                                                You didnt answer my dowry question....

Comment

Bolt is too fast
                                                                                  I backed new world record and the Canadian cause he seemed to be way to big as a second fav.

Bolt obv got wind and went right down the middle.

Comment

I backed new world record and the Canadian cause he seemed to be way to big as a second fav.

Bolt obv got wind and went right down the middle.
                                                                                    I also backed DeGrasse, but I backed him in the w/o Bolt Market.

Also, I can always picture this guy what I see or hear his name

Comment

Watched Nice Guys recently, would recommend.
                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                        Started watching cos you said it's the final and the discussion on it the last few days. Never watched hockey before but Jesus Christ. How many chances do Belgium want here like
                                                                                        Yeah, they bottled it imo. Trying out elaborate variations on corners and just plain messing up their chances.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                Shane Ross trying to give DHR a run for his money by setting up an inquiry into Olympic tickets with probably a total face value of €80,000. The inquiry will probably cost at least half a million. That man is some attention-whoring gobshite.
                                                                                                As I said early it is a boondoggle to distract from him not doing the important pieces of work that would make a difference. The loss of half a million is stupid but the opportunity cost lost by having a minister with an important brief doing nothing of note will have a significant effect on the short to medium term state of the nation.

We have a police force who have a fraud investigations department for this, his meddling will mean no conviction as it will prejudice the case. I would be even happier to let the Brazilians investigate what he was up to in the current circumstance and stick him in one of their lovely prisons.

Comment

Where is the best place to buy US dollars with the least amount of commission??
                                                                                                  Bank
                                                                                                  Post office
                                                                                                  Credit union

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                                                                    Bank
                                                                                                    Post office
                                                                                                    Credit union
                                                                                                    An ATM machine.

Comment

Bank
                                                                                                      Post office
                                                                                                      Credit union
                                                                                                      We use a company called transfer mate in work. No idea if they do personal stuff.
                                                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

An ATM machine.
                                                                                                        Was told that and will be topping up this way for sure now thanks, but still need to get a couple of thousand as will be in Vegas at the end of my trip for 6 nights. Was told get 100 bills but not to use them until in Vegas as frowned upon elsewhere.
                                                                                                        But where is best to buy??

Comment

McGregor needs to cool the jets.

All prior to yesterday it was all about self reflection and "doing me". Now everything is about hating the Diaz brothers.

Slipping.
                                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                            We use a company called transfer mate in work. No idea if they do personal stuff.
                                                                                                            Checked them out, good rates and they do personal stuff. But is all transfers and I'd have no way to get cash.

Comment

Was told that and will be topping up this way for sure now thanks, but still need to get a couple of thousand as will be in Vegas at the end of my trip for 6 nights. Was told get 100 bills but not to use them until in Vegas as frowned upon elsewhere.
                                                                                                              But where is best to buy??
                                                                                                              What do you need thousands in cash for?
                                                                                                              Carrying all that around for the whole trip is a recipe for disaster. Everywhere will take credit/debit card, there's ATMs for when you need some cash.
                                                                                                              The difference between the rates the bank will charge you on card vrs in person is marginal.

Comment

I don't know why people say they're wary of $100 bills outside Vegas. That's complete rubbish. I've been to NYC, Vegas, LA, and San Francisco, and other places, countless times in the last few years and never got a second look.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                  What do you need thousands in cash for?
                                                                                                                  Carrying all that around for the whole trip is a recipe for disaster. Everywhere will take credit/debit card, there's ATMs for when you need some cash.
                                                                                                                  The difference between the rates the bank will charge you on card vrs in person is marginal.
                                                                                                                  Gambling money to put it simple rest of trip will be minimum cash and card as I agree with your above point.
                                                                                                                  Casinos usually charge huge service fees from cards and will give chips and don't fancy chipping up and rebuying(hassle as small as it is).
                                                                                                                  First time in Vegas( used to casinos and how they operate) and going with X amount of gambling money which is totally separate to everything else and if I loose I loose, plan for the worst and hope for the best.
                                                                                                                  So for some reason think I need bring this in dollars.
                                                                                                                  All advice is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                                                    I don't know why people say they're wary of $100 bills outside Vegas. That's complete rubbish. I've been to NYC, Vegas, LA, and San Francisco, and other places, countless times in the last few years and never got a second look.
                                                                                                                    I've no personal experience of this only going from what I've heard by word of mouth and on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                      You didnt answer my dowry question....
                                                                                                                      A small bit of road frontage

Comment

Casinos have special transaction types and merchant codes within payment schemes that can lead to extra costs and more complex dispute resolution and remain visible to anyone who has access to the account history.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Strewelpeter; 19-08-16, 11:04.

Comment

She's apparently got a new weekly column in The Sun also. Classy, real classy...
                                                                                                                          Think that's Lucinda Creighton who has The Irish S*n gig, the charity CEO job is Averil Power. Don't get your geebags confused.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X