This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
    Are they people who hate all Muslims calling the Gardai 'Nazi scum'?
    No those were PBP-AAA types. The Nazi scum tried to have a peaceful march and the state moved in to protect their freedom of speech...
    Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 06-02-16, 21:47.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Lol at that. The effort to open an account wouldn't be worth the €40 winnings.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
        You might be right but the only glimmer I see from United's point of view is Arsenal. Only a glimmer though, don't see united overtaking any of the current top 4.
        i think city without kompany are completely lost in defense, arsenal not exactly in the best of form atm either. i think there will be more chances for united to get top 4 than most think, the only problem i have is trusting this united team to get over the line with how this season has went.

for them to get top 4 everything needs to go right for them, rooney needs to keep scoring, martial needs to keep up his form and they need to stay injury free, i just cant see all of that happening.

Comment

Oh, love the AAA slogan - "Real change, not spare change."

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
            Oh, love the AAA slogan - "Real change, not spare change."
            Any chance the Automobile Association will sue them for stealing their logo?
            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Tasty goal from Mahrez.

Vardy signed a contract extension to 2019.

Comment

Getting trolled by Irish Rail on the return journey from Brayruit.

CHD, that bar is a gem. Keep it to yourself.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  Getting trolled by Irish Rail on the return journey from Brayruit.

CHD, that bar is a gem. Keep it to yourself.
                  At least make the journey useful and give us your drunken opinion on the 3 opinion polls out tonight.

Comment

Return journey somewhat soiled by diminutive scumbags trying to intimidate a Chinese gent.

LOL,he tells them to fuck off and they do.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                      At least make the journey useful and give us your drunken opinion on the 3 opinion polls out tonight.
                      Ehhhh. Dunno. Hung Dail.

Gerry for Taoiseach. Or Shane Ross.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Just put together chest of drawers, 160 fucking screws, there is no way it needed all those fecking hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            One poll shows gov parties on 41%, one on 33%, and the other in the middle. I think what it mainly shows is that polling is absolutely broken. You can't have valid samples that are that far apart, ergo they're not sampling the population correctly. Also national level support isn't even that important. If Lab has 5% concentrated in the right constituencies they can get 10 seats, if they have a spread out 10% support they can get no seats.
                            The political landscape is highly fragmented. I predict messiness.

Followed by FG/FF government.

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                              i think city without kompany are completely lost in defense, arsenal not exactly in the best of form atm either. i think there will be more chances for united to get top 4 than most think, the only problem i have is trusting this united team to get over the line with how this season has went.

for them to get top 4 everything needs to go right for them, rooney needs to keep scoring, martial needs to keep up his form and they need to stay injury free, i just cant see all of that happening.
                              Even if United had a perfect record until the end of the season, which they won't, they wouldn't finish 4th. Too far behind too many teams.

The depressing part is that this might be as good as it gets for a few years. When Feguson stepped down I figured it would be 4-5 years before United challenged for the title again, I still think we're at day 1 of that 4-5 year period.

I fully expect Chelsea to do United tomorrow, the record against Chelsea is abysmal, especially at their place, Arsenal will win and United will be 8 points off 4th and only 1 point ahead of 6th with a worse goal difference. Could easily finish 7th or 8th this season and that's more likely than 4th at this point.
                              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Comment

Comment

Nooooo
                                    Why the 'Noooo'? They are political bedfellows. It would make a ton of sense, and probably offer a stable government inacting a political platform you'd agree with.
                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                      Why the 'Noooo'? They are political bedfellows. It would make a ton of sense, and probably offer a stable government inacting a political platform you'd agree with.
                                      ...and given the record of junior coalition partners it could well end in the demise of FF.

A consummation most devoutly to be wished.

Comment

Ohh just posted a condensed version of this on twitter and got retweeted by the Reuters head Irish journalist. Feel like its a valid opinion now
                                        It's just a statement of the obvious withot naming any actual.metrics.

Think you're ok.

Comment

Bird on the train has just realised this train has taken her a very long way in the opposite direction of her intended destination of Greystones.

This is great craic. I should do it every week.

Comment

That's the 3rd person that has said 8pts. Not sure if people actually think it'll be 8, or if they're counting goal difference vs city :P

But nah, probably a very poor game with scraping it by 1.
                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

How about FF/SF/LAB/SD/AAAPBP/Leftish Indos?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                  Even if United had a perfect record until the end of the season, which they won't, they wouldn't finish 4th. Too far behind too many teams.

The depressing part is that this might be as good as it gets for a few years. When Feguson stepped down I figured it would be 4-5 years before United challenged for the title again, I still think we're at day 1 of that 4-5 year period.

I fully expect Chelsea to do United tomorrow, the record against Chelsea is abysmal, especially at their place, Arsenal will win and United will be 8 points off 4th and only 1 point ahead of 6th with a worse goal difference. Could easily finish 7th or 8th this season and that's more likely than 4th at this point.
                                                  yeah i agree with everything here for the most part, i didnt expect to challenge for the title for a while, i never expected us to go the way we've gone though, and ive no idea how they are gonna get back to were they were. maybe mourinho comes in and does the job( im not 100% that we'll even get him although rumours are pointing towards that at the end of the season) tomorrows game could go either way imo, yes our record at stamford bridge is awful, but we dont know what chelsea will show up tomorrow or what united will show up, could be an awful 0-0 or a crazy 3-2/3-3 kinda game with both of the teams form this year. if we beat them i can see every united fan getting their hopes up again like every time we've put in a good performance this year, only to revert back to the shite that we've seen most of the season.

and like i said there will be chances for united to get top 4, but they just wont get the wins to do it, and like you said prob too far behind teams now anyways.
                                                  Last edited by chips1234; 06-02-16, 23:50.

Comment

As a previous lifelong FF voter, with one SF voting experience exception, I think FF need to be punished for the horrific way they ran the country. FG/Lab on the other hand seem like a group of decent people. Not perfect, but definitely decent. Wouldn't like to see them having to go into coalition with FF, and wouldn't like the ultra-left to be the main opposition. Just my opinion though.
                                                    FF/SF/LAB/SD/leftish Indos will save us all.

Well, for about the two weeks prior to the inevitable collapse anyway.

Comment

Ehhhh. Dunno. Hung Dail.
                                                      What that the Chinese gent?

Comment

FF/SF/LAB/SD/leftish Indos will save us all.

Well, for about the two weeks prior to the inevitable collapse anyway.
                                                        A potent mix of the hot shoe shuffle.
                                                        put Gerry in Health
                                                        Joan in sport and tourism
                                                        Micheal McGrath can lead as hes like your favourite Uncle
                                                        Mattie Mcgrath in Finance

Comment

I saw the FG party political broadcast earlier ( living the dream on a sat night), a load of everyday people saying how great they feel thanks to FG. One lad at the end says something along the lines of sure it would be stupid not to vote for them, I'm surprised they didn't edit it out after Enda's gaffe about people not understanding the figures.

Comment

http://neolive.net/45217/1/Watch-UFC...Early-Prelims/ artem lobov fight just starting

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                              Just put together chest of drawers, 160 fucking screws, there is no way it needed all those fecking hell.
                                                              Ha, it must be made by Apple. Changed a keyboard in a mac once which had 57 screws.
                                                              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Comment

How about FF/SF/LAB/SD/AAAPBP/Leftish Indos?
                                                                  I have no interest in SF being in government until they're a senior partner, or a fairly equal one at least.
                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Comment

Does anyone know if governments have been returned across Europe in elections over the past couple of years beyond what might be statistically expectable?

Surely we are to see a rallying for the government parties here over the next weeks as the reality of which government can be in office comes to the fore of the debate.

Comment

One poll shows gov parties on 41%, one on 33%, and the other in the middle. I think what it mainly shows is that polling is absolutely broken. You can't have valid samples that are that far apart, ergo they're not sampling the population correctly. Also national level support isn't even that important. If Lab has 5% concentrated in the right constituencies they can get 10 seats, if they have a spread out 10% support they can get no seats.
                                                                        RedC polled me last week...it may explain a few anomalies.
                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

...and given the record of junior coalition partners it could well end in the demise of FF.

A consummation most devoutly to be wished.
                                                                          Normally junior coalition partners get screwed because the policies they implement are largely the majority partners ones with a few concessions thrown in, but FF and FG are largely the same thing politically, so aside from the fact that their voters might be abhorred at the idea of going into government with the other, this won't apply.

FF will do a lot better once the likes of Michael Martin who were around for the Bertie years are removed from the party.

It'll be interesting to see though if the only logical coalition actually can do a deal or if we'll be stuck with a weird conglomerate of misfits who really won't last though.

Comment

The only chance of a stable government is reelecting the current one. If both FG and labour beat that drum enough they might get enough middle class support to pull it off. Maybe with a tag on of a few independents. I am voting labour for the first time as I think they are actually a good partner for FG. There could be a giant shit storm though if the predicted seats for each party are correct. When push comes to shove who is going to vote Sinn Fein bar border areas and inner/working class dubs and also Fianna Fáil, who can vote for a party with Michael Martin as its leader( same might be said for enda but I don't think he is evil)
                                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                              Lol at that. The effort to open an account wouldn't be worth the €40 winnings.
                                                                              nriyh
                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

As a previous lifelong FF voter, with one SF voting experience exception, I think FF need to be punished for the horrific way they ran the country. FG/Lab on the other hand seem like a group of decent people. Not perfect, but definitely decent. Wouldn't like to see them having to go into coalition with FF, and wouldn't like the ultra-left to be the main opposition. Just my opinion though.
                                                                                +1 minus the voting for FF or SF. FF need to be punished more, will be mentioning it to party members at the door, they need to get rid of Martin before I even consider givvng them a vote. Think I'm stuck with FG and Lab again this time.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                  United will get Europe, just not champions league. Can see mourinho coming in but not for long and then giggsy taking over for long term.
                                                                                  Sure hopefully can bink 1 europa league finally
                                                                                  United go for pellegrini surely. No relocation package, all ready the cit rivalry is ingrained and a good manager.

The hilarity of muriniho bringing John terry to old Trafford would be fantastic and I don't know if I would prefer it to giggs bringing in Neville and scholes all vying to not be the Lepidus of the triumvirate that destroys fergies empire.

Comment

They need to mature a bit too. They seem quite good in the North but the Southern party is highly inexperienced. Maybe two more election spins and they'll be good. Mary Lou taking over will be good for them too.
                                                                                    They need to get rid of Gerry Adams. He has the stench of the IRA and murder and he is preventing them from growing into a major party.

And the is the opportunity for a major party in this country right now. I don't think many people particularly like FG and FF don't look like they'll ever recover.
                                                                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

That knee in the UFC, wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                                        nriyh
                                                                                        Any T

Comment

I wouldn't say punishing ff as a party is a correct choice. Deciding not to put them in because they have the same shithouses with a few young ones who look comparably better on posters than their rivals with zero actual policies changes from what they did before or what is currently working well makes sense.

Don't punish revenge not vote for ff but do avoid voting for them because of the people I the party.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                            +1 minus the voting for FF or SF. FF need to be punished more, will be mentioning it to party members at the door, they need to get rid of Martin before I even consider givvng them a vote. Think I'm stuck with FG and Lab again this time.
                                                                                            I think the greens wil pick up a few votes this time and come close to the same numbers as labour who will be decimated.

Fg solo would be the best outcome and i still think has a much bigger shit than people think. Country is stable so the numbers who will vote against fg which is what you do by going for an independent, sf or ff will be lower than expected imo. AAApbp etc are outliers who will vote for anarchy - ironically the lack of govt

I think fg hover up a lot of anger independent, labour and aa votes from people back to work really who are seeing an upturn in business. People vote with their wallets not high ideals.

Comment

I have no interest in SF being in government until they're a senior partner, or a fairly equal one at least.
                                                                                              Sinn fein will do very well out of not getting into power this time round. Whoever gets in this time is going to be in place and get the blame when the global economy goes tits up because they have run out of road to kick the can down.

Comment

Biggest problem I have with FG is how they wasted a good crisis.

Comment

Watched The Visit tonight. I enjoyed it. Had a couple of scary moments and the young lad is funny. They got the one part that's supposed to make you jump wrong imo. It was too predictable and kinda took away from the scary side. Probably the best horror I've seen in the last few years though.

Comment

www.smartvote.ie has me in bed with greens and people before profit.
                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Was just going through PM's clearing out crap and came upon time where I loaned Dannydiamond €200 4 years ago after receiving a woe is me private message which he sent to others also here I understand. I dont know if others got money back as promised and although I consider myself a reasonable guy I do wonder how long is it acceptable to wait before you can call someone a cunt on an open forum without getting banned/barred.
                                                                                                      Do understand ppl can have difficulties but fek it, some effort or communication ffs.
                                                                                                      Forgot all about this till I went through PM's and went "well fuck you"
                                                                                                      I do feel like a sucker looking back

Comment

green then social democrats then ff/fg drew. Like the site.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                          www.smartvote.ie has me in bed with greens and people before profit.
                                                                                                          move over
                                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Just watched 1st ep of new x files. Good batshit fin with some spiky truth mixed in.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                              Just watched 1st ep of new x files. Good batshit fin with some spiky truth mixed in.
                                                                                                              Wait till you get to the third.

SPOILER
                                                                                                              I have heard the expression "phoning it in" wrt performances, but Duchovny takes the biscuit here, its more comical than anything else.

I had half expected the paranoid delusional Fox Mulder, Hank Moody turned up.
                                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

People don't understand economics though. Its very fcking complex. I think Noonan does though due to the people he surrounds himself with. Although maybe we could do a kindergarten thing and give everyone an A because there shouldn't be any losers.
                                                                                                                I get that, personally I would like to see the next candidate that says fiscal space shot in the head . I just think if you suggest to people they would be stupid not to do something they get very suspicious. A much better way would be to say " intelligent people will be able to see.." Then you think they must be talking about me.

They need to mature a bit too. They seem quite good in the North but the Southern party is highly inexperienced. Maybe two more election spins and they'll be good. Mary Lou taking over will be good for them too.
                                                                                                                She has been at his side that long that I think Doherty / Tobin would be a great move for them

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                RedC polled me last week...it may explain a few anomalies.
                                                                                                                What were the questions ? A bit of controversy on twitter that they were very leading towards gov parties.

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                                I think the greens wil pick up a few votes this time and come close to the same numbers as labour who will be decimated.
                                                                                                                .
                                                                                                                I'll give you 2/1 that they get within 4 seats of Labour

Comment

A mate of mines brother who lives in LA was speaking to coldplays manager and they will be playing yellow as their first song at the Super Bowl. PP are now odds on Boyles are still 2/1
                                                                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                                                    Was just going through PM's clearing out crap and came upon time where I loaned Dannydiamond €200 4 years ago after receiving a woe is me private message which he sent to others also here I understand. I dont know if others got money back as promised and although I consider myself a reasonable guy I do wonder how long is it acceptable to wait before you can call someone a cunt on an open forum without getting banned/barred.
                                                                                                                    Do understand ppl can have difficulties but fek it, some effort or communication ffs.
                                                                                                                    Forgot all about this till I went through PM's and went "well fuck you"
                                                                                                                    I do feel like a sucker looking back
                                                                                                                    Got an email at work from a lad I'd barely know asking for help paying his rent. Actually thought he sent it to wrong person but no. Lol. Gtfo.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                                      Labour should do a poster with pics of Martin / Hanafin / Haughey /Curran under the banner " They haven't gone away you know"".

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                                                        What were the questions ? A bit of controversy on twitter that they were very leading towards gov parties.
                                                                                                                        Thats a good question !

Supervalue must have paid for it because there was 3 or 4 questions on car/home/travel insurance and was i aware supervalue offer these.

Are we taking enough asylum seekers or the right amount or too many.

Who did i vote for last election and who would i vote for this time around.

Cant remember the political ones too much, strange that...lol

Edit: Am i happy to pay for water was another one, and would water charges affect the way i intend to vote.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by oleras; 07-02-16, 09:16.
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Raoul, your man Rubio made Trump look like a a political heavyweight last night WTaF
                                                                                                                          I mean, I understand that ever since Nixon, and despite your protestations I very much include Reagan, they have prized low iq populism as an ideal but this is fucking ridiculous
                                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X