X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is excellent

Comment

What is excellent about that?
      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
        Sort of. The Mr Fusion of Back To The Future is impossible, but if we combine a bunch of these reactors centralised on a grid, with decentralised solar/wind, and some greatly improved battery tech*, we'll be grand.

*Batteries are the biggest problem. There's just no way to replace the internal combustion engine with electrical power in a huge swathe of applications.
        Hydrogen...I'm on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
          By law, hmm seems open to abuse

Everyone buy tinned food in week 1 for the next 2 weeks or just shop in supermarket A and never B
          Millions of tonnes of free food then comes on the market

Hmm come to think of it supermarket A and B will become trade friends with each other, when one is low on oranges and the other has an excess.
          They can pay 1/2 price and both parties win as opposed to giving away for free.

hmm now I am thinking supermarkets will try to stock on the low side of fresh produce
          as opposed to the latter, the last crossiant might become more valuable

hmm now I wonder what size store is classified as a supermarket, will small fresh produce stores flourish under this law

Comment

Scrambled Eggs and Toast.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
              What is excellent about that?
              Well the rambling
              followed by the 'Jesus Fucking Christ'
              followed by the 'ooops, ho ho you've been caught'

makes for overall an excellent video.

Try it with the sound on?

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                By law, hmm seems open to abuse

Everyone buy tinned food in week 1 for the next 2 weeks or just shop in supermarket A and never B
                Millions of tonnes of free food then comes on the market

Hmm come to think of it supermarket A and B will become trade friends with each other, when one is low on oranges and the other has an excess.
                They can pay 1/2 price and both parties win as opposed to giving away for free.

hmm now I am thinking supermarkets will try to stock on the low side of fresh produce
                as opposed to the latter, the last crossiant might become more valuable

hmm now I wonder what size store is classified as a supermarket, will small fresh produce stores flourish under this law
                The problem was they were throwing away tonnes of perfectly decent food rather than giving it away. It won't change how supermarkets operate at all

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Wtf
                    Doran had alleged that as he opened his car window, the bus driver raised his fists and said, “You get out of my way now,” before adding, “I will finger you up the bum black boy before I fuck you up the ass.”

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                      Hydrogen...I'm on it.

Cheers for saving the human race bro.

The safety concerns are legit and you need a whackload of energy to separate it in the first place. But yeah, decent stopgap.
                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                        The problem was they were throwing away tonnes of perfectly decent food rather than giving it away. It won't change how supermarkets operate at all
                        I agree just talking shite,

Comment

Comment

Shots fired in Regency at a boxing weigh in.
                            airport, lol

Comment

So a crane has collapsed in New York.

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                Shots fired in Regency at a boxing weigh in.
                                Men in uniform with ak47s apparently. A fight promoted by Matthew macklins company , hmmm

Comment

Cheers for saving the human race bro.

The safety concerns are legit and you need a whackload of energy to separate it in the first place. But yeah, decent stopgap.
                                  I'm using the sun. No shortage of energy in there! With proper systems in place it's no less safe than oil based fuels. Batteries are fuck all use...there's not enough lithium and the sodium atoms are too big to squeeze into where they need to go.

Comment

Retired Navy SEAL Clint Emerson shares a hands-on, practical survival guide adapted for civilians from actual special forces operations. Learn to elude pursu...
                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Lol Regency hotel

Shooting reported at boxing weigh-in at Dublin hotel (via @IrishTimes) http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime...otel-1.2524007
                                      Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Was just living in that hotel for 2 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                          It's nothing got to do with tax. He made a false declaration going through customs. Why would anybody do that? Sounds incredibly naive.

Do you have anything to declare.
                                          Yes, $20k cash.
                                          Why do you have that?
                                          I won it yesterday.
                                          Fair enough, off you go.
                                          As you say he alludes to being very naive.

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                          Hydrogen...I'm on it.
                                          I'm picturing this.

Chain Reaction movie clips: http://j.mp/1MGdyarBUY THE MOVIE:FandangoNOW - https://www.fandangonow.com/details/movie/chain-reaction-1996/1MVbe09a0617b6252a9a...
                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                            penis tattoo.

surprisingly safe for work.
                                            Hmm. Has to be careful how he jumps out of the van incase it's seen, but seemingly not so worried about having it printed in national newspapers.

Comment

The Boss is coming to town.
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                Lol Regency hotel

Shooting reported at boxing weigh-in at Dublin hotel (via @IrishTimes) http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime...otel-1.2524007
                                                The Kinahan cronies have been struck back at by the looks. Maybe the Monk has come back swinging lumber. Uniforms is his MO

Comment

Should have mentioned, tickets went on sale this morning for Sigur Ros in Kilmainham, not sure if there are any left but I know there are a few fans here.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                    Should have mentioned, tickets went on sale this morning for Sigur Ros in Kilmainham, not sure if there are any left but I know there are a few fans here.
                                                    Me and the missus will be there. If that's not a reason to buy tickets I don't know what is.
                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Its pure speculation about that shooting but last year this appeared in papers? http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish...reland-6526141

Comment

Comment

Last time I saw Sigur Ros was in a tent at Oxegen, probably 10 years ago now. Just as the band are coming out on stage these two scobies in tracksuits squeeze themselves right in front of me and my mate, talking complete shite at the top of their voices. They obviously have no clue who the band they are about to see are and are just drinking away and blabbering to each other about knacker stuff. Me and my mate are convinced they are going to ruin the gig and think about moving away from them, but it's getting too rammed in there and we're in an otherwise good spot.

Anyway the band starts and one of the scangers starts rolling a joint. Sigur Ros are doing their thing and the two boys are blathering away about gear, probation, burds etc. Everyone around them is starting to get pissed off, but the pace of their chatter starts to slow. By the end of the 3rd song the two lads are dead quiet. The gear they're smoking is so strong that me and my mate are thoroughly stoned just standing behind them, and we're all really getting into the gig now.

After a few minutes of silence they say to each other:

"Maaan, dis music is loike so... wholesome"
                                                          "Yea man, it's loike, really... wholesome"
                                                          "Yea it fills ya with loike, it makes ya feel really peaceful and loike... I dunno"
                                                          "Yea man it's really wholesome music"
                                                          "Yeah so wholesome".

Me and my mate start laughing and the two boys look around like they're going to knife us. To try and diffuse the situation I say:

"They're a great band, aren't they?". Thankfully it works.
                                                          "Yeah man what are dey called?"
                                                          "Sigur Ros"
                                                          "Sigga wha?"
                                                          "Sigur Ros. They're Icelandic."
                                                          "Icelandic? They're class, man. You wanna tug on this?". He offers me his joint.

Me and my mate have a few drags as your man rolls another. The stuff goes straight to my head. I look around and realise it's one of probably hundreds of spliffs being passed around this tent. There's clouds of thick smoke filling the place and everyone's high on music and life (and drugs).

Me and my mate must have seemed posh as fuck to these two lads, but we end up telling them all about the band and getting completely binned together. By the end of the gig we've all basically had a spiritual experience where we are filled with love for our fellow humans, to fuck with arbitrary class distinctions. It was great.

Comment

Last time I saw Sigur Ros was in a tent at Oxegen, probably 10 years ago now. Just as the band are coming out on stage these two scobies in tracksuits squeeze themselves right in front of me and my mate, talking complete shite at the top of their voices. They obviously have no clue who the band they are about to see are and are just drinking away and blabbering to each other about knacker stuff. Me and my mate are convinced they are going to ruin the gig and think about moving away from them, but it's getting too rammed in there and we're in an otherwise good spot.

Anyway the band starts and one of the scangers starts rolling a joint. Sigur Ros are doing their thing and the two boys are blathering away about gear, probation, burds etc. Everyone around them is starting to get pissed off, but the pace of their chatter starts to slow. By the end of the 3rd song the two lads are dead quiet. The gear they're smoking is so strong that me and my mate are thoroughly stoned just standing behind them, and we're all really getting into the gig now.

After a few minutes of silence they say to each other:

"Maaan, dis music is loike so... wholesome"
                                                            "Yea man, it's loike, really... wholesome"
                                                            "Yea it fills ya with loike, it makes ya feel really peaceful and loike... I dunno"
                                                            "Yea man it's really wholesome music"
                                                            "Yeah so wholesome".

Me and my mate start laughing and the two boys look around like they're going to knife us. To try and diffuse the situation I say:

"They're a great band, aren't they?". Thankfully it works.
                                                            "Yeah man what are dey called?"
                                                            "Sigur Ros"
                                                            "Sigga wha?"
                                                            "Sigur Ros. They're Icelandic."
                                                            "Icelandic? They're class, man. You wanna tug on this?". He offers me his joint.

Me and my mate have a few drags as your man rolls another. The stuff goes straight to my head. I look around and realise it's one of probably hundreds of spliffs being passed around this tent. There's clouds of thick smoke filling the place and everyone's high on music and life (and drugs).

Me and my mate must have seemed posh as fuck to these two lads, but we end up telling them all about the band and getting completely binned together. By the end of the gig we've all basically had a spiritual experience where we are filled with love for our fellow humans, to fuck with arbitrary class distinctions. It was great.

[X] confirmed stoned
                                                            Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Beef in Black Pepper sauce with Curry chips m8s

Comment

Anyone know anything about matrices? The question being: 'Compute the mean return on the portfolio x=1/3(1,1,1)'. That's some sort of matrix array. No clue of the answer. Fecking students self-learning outside of the classroom with these online courses. The thing I learned most during my PhD: << google everything >>, is drawing an embarassing blank.
                                                                https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?...%3D1%2F3(1,1,1)
                                                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Apple can fuck off
                                                                  It’s the message that spells doom and will render your handset worthless if it’s been repaired by a third party. But there’s no warning and no fix

Comment

U20 six nation's on rte2 now for anyone interested.

Comment

Byrne bros

Comment

For those wondering about Lucky Man - a dreary, limp cop show. Turned it off 3/4 of the way through the first episode.

Comment

Comment

In a games cafe with 900 complex board games on offer. All in French.
                                                                            Any werewolf?

Comment

The U20 game is fantastic great running rugby by both sides.

Comment

In a games cafe with 900 complex board games on offer. All in French.
                                                                                Jugaste ningún juego ?

Comment

Me and the missus will be there. If that's not a reason to buy tickets I don't know what is.
                                                                                  Double date

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Need some tech help. My Lenovo thinkpad that I bought last month stopped working earlier for an hour or two. Got it working now but it wont connect to WiFi, it will work with the cable plugged in though. It connects bottom right but has the yellow triangle error and the WiFi bars are on zero. Tried lots of things but happy with any better suggestions than my dumb ideas
                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Did 5star forget to send CHD the "dummies guide to mod powers"?

Comment

Nah he's just drunk and can't be certain about a table.

I know I'm gone though unfortunately, even if laptop had worked I would have been dead. Same as the game I was doctor sure
                                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                Nah he's just drunk and can't be certain about a table.

I know I'm gone though unfortunately, even if laptop had worked I would have been dead. Same as the game I was doctor sure
                                                                                                Lol village.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                  Did 5star forget to send CHD the "dummies guide to mod powers"?
                                                                                                  What did he do? Or not do properly as the case may be.

Comment

Never announced that I was a lynched as villager is all.
                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                      What did he do? Or not do properly as the case may be.
                                                                                                      Nah I'm just taking the piss.

Comment

One for mdoug

Comment

Just as my fucking laptop goes kaput..... gotta be kidding me
                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I'm in back arse of wickla at darts, lottie is out with page 3 girls. Yis can go fuck yourselves and wait.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                For those wondering about Lucky Man - a dreary, limp cop show. Turned it off 3/4 of the way through the first episode.
                                                                                                                Its not a fantastic show or anything so I'm not going to try and convince you to continue with it - but your description of what its about is comically wide of the mark. Going by ep 2 its
                                                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                                                a moral dilemma about the concept of luck - if you can get more than your fair share of good luck but universal balance/yingyang is going to give bad luck to others to compensate then how far are you willing to push it in pursuit of your own goals - is it a path to madness/megalomania?

Probably something that Twilight Zone would have dealt with in 45 minutes whereas this is 9 hours but hey.
                                                                                                                Some inept scenes in casino and at greyhound track were unfortunate, hate when writers don't bother with research but go with their own preconceptions of how gambling works.

Comment

Lol. GFY dougy m8

Comment

Chad is only fucking with ya m8, the pm riggs sent me said I was a villager and I've gotten no ww pms all game. Chad, stop the trolling m8.
                                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                      Chad is only fucking with ya m8, the pm riggs sent me said I was a villager and I've gotten no ww pms all game. Chad, stop the trolling m8.
                                                                                                                      Should have said army not villager...

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                        Did you not receive the "Apple are cunts" memo?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                          Should have said army not villager...
                                                                                                                          Us aliens have villages too though... we are not savages!
                                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X