X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      This has beem some borefest of an election campaign so far.

Dying for someone to pull a John Prescott. My money's on Alan Kelly.
      Booby Sands was a good lol.
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Some craic in that constituency.

'Alan Kelly wanted to be treated like royalty'

Interview here - https://www.newstalk.com/listen_back...akfast_Part_4/
        About a third of the way through he gets to speak, clearly in very good form. The 'debate' is just lads shouting at each other. Fairly gas.

Mattie McGrath backtracks on claims Alan 'Jelly' Kelly hid in his van

At one point Mr McGrath alleged the minister had to hide in his van in order to escape angry anti-water protesters in Cashel.
        "You weren't allowed to canvas in Cashel last Sunday ... You had to go into my van for cover…" he began before being cut short by the minister.
        "But if Alan 'Jelly' Kelly wants to ever come into my van, I'll put the refrigerator on. I've never seen a jelly bean like Alan Kelly," Mr McGrath said.
        became
        “He wasn’t in my van no. But a woman approached it and started banging on the window looking for Alan Kelly," he told independent.ie.
        Last edited by Emmet; 08-02-16, 14:31.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
            Booby Sands was a good lol.
            He should have had more T m8

Comment

He's lost it. That sindo interview was cringe,something about Frank Underwood being his political idol or something. His seat is in danger isn't it. Shame it isn't like England where we get to watch candidates hearts break live on stage when it doesn't go their way

Comment

Spent more than 2 hours every day for the last week being driven in a hotel car, now on my way the airport I find out they all have WiFi
                Fml
                India is the first country I've been to in years where I wasn't able to get my own Day sim or a dongle. Pain in the arse
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Great weekend of sports, took today off for the bed and to catch up on the internets. Wise choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    Loving the Charlie Flanagan condemnation of North Korea. Like, you'd imagine it would be the final influential push needed to convert Kim Jong to growing hippy flowers and spreading a Lennon/Yoko message of love to the world.
                    Love the idea that somewhere in N Korea there is someone who cares about the 'Irish' view on anything.

Looking forward to the day that hefty looking TV announcer they have reads something along the lines

"And today, our great leader, he who created metals with his own hands and ran more record beating marathons than anyone else in the world, has condemned the outspokenness of an illustrious Irish Minister who had the temerity to look down on our Great leaders wisdom ...' blah blah

Comment

When will a war with N.Korea happen?

Comment

so, eh, which one is it, so i can avoid making a tit of myself in class?
                        Misread you as 10m
                        Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                        Hopefully the South take them over before 2020.

Comment

Well, the UN has got as far as the significant sanction of denying them the right to import luxury goods, so I'd expect something significant shortly.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                              Great weekend of sports, took today off for the bed and to catch up on the internets. Wise choice.
                              Don't worry the Sick day police will be along any minute to give out if you took a duvet day.

Also GFY Candy crush. ....you have my head melted.
                              Last edited by Fiery Wasabi; 08-02-16, 16:48.

Comment

When china are like, fuck you North Korea.

Comment

ah cool. think the contracts might be stated in $10m increments rather than a million, so probably that was the reason.
                                  was reading the below on zerohedge. scary exposure tbh, although that really is worst case scenario.

SPOILER
                                  Deutsche has a huge exposure to the derivatives market, and it’s impossible, and then we mean LITERALLY impossible for any government to bail out Deutsche Bank should things go terribly wrong. Keep in mind the exposure of Deutsche Bank to its derivatives portfolio is a stunning 55B EUR, which is almost 20 times (yes, twenty times) the GDP of Germany and roughly 5 times the GDP of the entire Eurozone! And to put things in perspective, the TOTAL government debt of the US government is less than 1/3rd of Deutsche Bank’s exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                    was reading the below on zerohedge. scary exposure tbh, although that really is worst case scenario.

SPOILER
                                    Deutsche has a huge exposure to the derivatives market, and it’s impossible, and then we mean LITERALLY impossible for any government to bail out Deutsche Bank should things go terribly wrong. Keep in mind the exposure of Deutsche Bank to its derivatives portfolio is a stunning 55B EUR, which is almost 20 times (yes, twenty times) the GDP of Germany and roughly 5 times the GDP of the entire Eurozone! And to put things in perspective, the TOTAL government debt of the US government is less than 1/3rd of Deutsche Bank’s exposure.
                                    something not right here!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                      something not right here!
                                      you're right, that's way off. is there a calculation step we're missing?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Are they confusing trillions and billions in some Dr Evil way?
                                        GDP of Germany must be comfortably over a trillion euro?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                          Are they confusing trillions and billions in some Dr Evil way?
                                          GDP of Germany must be comfortably over a trillion euro?
                                          looks like it's correct

$1 Billion US = $1 MILLIARD German

Thus...

$1 Trillion US = $1 Billion German,

as

1000 Milliards German = 1 Billion German

can be looked up below

In French and German usage, one milliard equals 10^9=1000000000. American usage does not have a number called the milliard, instead using the term billion to denote 10^9. British usage, while formerly using "milliard," has in recent years adopted the American convention (Mish 2003, p. 852). This constitutes a fortunate development for standardization of terminology, albeit a somewhat regrettable development from the point of view that the (former) British convention for...

never heard of that tbh

Comment

Overdue a decent war. The time difference in Asia would make it decent viewing too.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                              I'm not a fan of that smartvote thing for various reasons. Deeply flawed.

http://www.whichcandidate.ie/ is a better job

Comment

A day of top notch Twitter bashing of Boyles led by Elbows sees the money hit my account.

Fair play to Coldplay as we got them to tweet their official setlist!

All Yellow

Comment

Zebo is clueless at FB but just about getting away with it.
                                                  And he's still sending Farmville requests

Comment

After a long battle with boylesports for the afternoon I am happy to say they finally paid out. Dice put the final nail in the coffin with the set list from coldplays Twitter page. With yellow at the top.

WP Dice
                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Ugh
                                                      Flight delayed going to take until 9 tomorrow night to get home . will be stuck for about 12 hours in Delhi airport.
                                                      Sigh

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                        A day of top notch Twitter bashing of Boyles led by Elbows sees the money hit my account.

Fair play to Coldplay as we got them to tweet their official setlist!

All Yellow
                                                        Enjoyed that
                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Is this the old million-million vs thousand-million problem?
                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Why would zero hedge use billion as anything other than one thousand million though?
                                                            Nearly as confusing as the Indians using lakh"s written as 1,00,000 as well as millions written 1,000,000

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                              Greens again
                                                              Only now with added Labor and Sinn Fein
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

With how much I have grown to hate people as a whole, I always find it funny that I wanted to be a teacher when I started college.

Still no reply about that job though, sitting on a computer alone entering data. Fuckers better call for an interview.
                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Overdue a decent war. The time difference in Asia would make it decent viewing too.
                                                                  Hate bandwagoning cunts like you jumping on board when a world war or major regional conflict kicks off. There is some great little wars happening in Africa, Yemen is my favourite middle eastern skirmish right now and Pakistan has plenty to offer to discerning war conneisseurs. Its not all about ISIS,north Korea and US-Russia tensions

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                    Hate bandwagoning cunts like you jumping on board when a world war or major regional conflict kicks off. There is some great little wars happening in Africa, Yemen is my favourite middle eastern skirmish right now and Pakistan has plenty to offer to discerning war conneisseurs. Its not all about ISIS,north Korea and US-Russia tensions
                                                                    I think you will find you are the hipster with your Boutique, indie, fair trade wars tbh. ISIS, North Korea and US-Russia are the wars that Michael Bay directs films about.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                      Bit rich coming from you. Fair weather war fans who pretend they know it all. You're only following war since the big money came in and now war is full of little terrorists or as I like to call them, divers. That isn't war. I've been following war for 20+ years.

Sky News didn't invent war in 1989.

Comment

Don't stop while you have boyles on the ropes, finish the useless cunts off. Can't believe people actually still use them, the worst of the lot by a fucking mile.

Comment

Home to Daniel Negreanu: FCP has become a place where you can hang out and chat with other poker fans, learn poker strategies from a top professional and many other accomplished online players and enter various community contests or exclusive promotions.

Comment

In Boojum, andyfb has decided to join on a whim. Anyone else wants to join the AGM, get here in the next 12 mins.
                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                                              Don't worry the Sick day police will be along any minute to give out if you took a duvet day.

Also GFY Candy crush. ....you have my head melted.
                                                                              I agree strongly with his view on sick days.

However I chose to use a day from my holiday's as I knew I had 3 heavy days drinking. Might regret it towards the end of the year but right now I regret nothing.

Comment

Got the same two cunce in both tests. I'm off to burn my polling card.

Comment

Anyone here remember the POET - Niall Murphy. (Played a lot in the old Drogheda games)
                                                                                  fun and games whenever I played with him.
                                                                                  passed away. RIP.

Comment

I got a good result on that whichcandidate.ie

No candidate matches your views. Ever considered running for election?

Comment

Another lad got clipped in the inner city tonight, this could get messy

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                        I got matched with the Renua lad. I love the idea of a flat tax but there's more chance of me being the next manager of Man U.
                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Which of these laptops does the BBV prefer?

Refurbished: http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/a1-refur...w8/version.asp

No DVD drive is not a big deal for me as I never use it anyhow.

Anything better at a similar price point? THe Toshiba above looks like a beast but the reviews aren't great that I've read.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                                            Another lad got clipped in the inner city tonight, this could get messy
                                                                                            The Monk's brother i heard, so could get real messy.

Comment

Both seem to think Im a semi-hard core lefty. (assuming I understand the whole left-right thing properly)

Smart vote claims Im most closely aligned with SF.

Which candidate is PBP then SF.

I can pretty much guarantee neiter will be getting any portion of my vote!
                                                                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

I must be an aberration so, got nearly my whole list of likely preferences in order.

Comment

Fianna Fáil 1 and 2. Feel a bit dirty right now.

Comment

For those of you with a OnePlus Two and thinking about making some changes I've just installed a new ROM on the phone after doing some research on it, from all accounts it's so far so good. It's running the alternate operating system called Hydrogen OS which is updated to Marshmallow, you can find the links HERE if you're in any way inclined to switch, your phone needs to be rooted & not 100% sure if you also need the bootloader unlocked.
                                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Technically North Korea and the United States are currently at war
                                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

I must be an aberration so, got nearly my whole list of likely preferences in order.
                                                                                                        Maybe Im just in denial
                                                                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Snap.

Comment

Anything better at a similar price point? THe Toshiba above looks like a beast but the reviews aren't great that I've read.
                                                                                                            The Radeon has a slightly better GPU but it'll be irrelevant the difference tbh. More ram and bigger SSD would sway me towards the Toshiba. Also Dell now ship to Ireland from their outlet could be worth checking out if anything pops up there. The XPS is a lovely machine but expensive at full price

Comment

I got matched with the Renua lad. I love the idea of a flat tax but there's more chance of me being the next manager of Man U.
                                                                                                              Met a guy who was doing some consultancy work for Renua and he said that Terrance Flanagan was a plank.

Comment

My car is short odds to show up burned out near one of these shootings soon.

Comment

The parish priest will put a stop to this at the pulpit.

Comment

A bit of a muddy last 24 hours in the BBV. Can somebody post something controversial so we can start an argument?

Comment

The laptopsdirect one will have a much better screen as it's an IPS, you can view it from any angle and see what is on the screen, not have to look at it head on.

The rest of the specs are moot as you won't need them. Can i have it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                        A bit of a muddy last 24 hours in the BBV. Can somebody post something controversial so we can start an argument?
                                                                                                                        Hardly a day an Aussie and your looking for a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                                                          Hardly a day an Aussie and your looking for a fight.
                                                                                                                          Also his new flag has the union jack on it .

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X