Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm... Marginally better from UAE... 84-3 after 21 overs. Come on you...erm... men

(UAE don't have a nickname apparently according to google)
    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
      Hmm... Marginally better from UAE... 84-3 after 21 overs. Come on you...erm... men

(UAE don't have a nickname apparently according to google)
      Emerati I think

Comment

So last week took me 1h45m to do a 15min drive to Donnybrook. This week left 10 mins earlier and it too me 15 mins. Now have to sit around for 90mins. Fuck Dublin traffic imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          Reading an awful book from the 60s called The Power of Thinking Big. Someone I now hate as a result recommended it. About 60% in so too late to ditch it.

One thing it did mention was around enthusiasm and the power of the enthusiastic handshake. Clearly nonsense stuff, but trying to get some benefit out of the read. Wonder; is there a good enthusiastic but not stupid handshake? Not a power handshake. Have experimented over the years with the grab hand / lower arm, with both hands thing and it seems a bit fake even at the best of times.
          Politicians swear by it. Apparently having your hand shaken by Bubba Clinton is a near-religious experience.

A friendly method by which teenage girls express their interest in socializing with male counterparts; involves placing the male penis inside the female's pie hole, and then bobbing up and down with a sucking motion. This "handshake" is decidedly not sex, nor sexual in content or motivation, as defined and testified to by former U.S. President Bill Clinton. Also, the means by which married, middle-aged men show their appreciation to junior, entry-level, female subordinates for outstanding "service".
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
              Don't be jealous, after the match she'll still be stuck in Tassie
              That's what you get for marrying a Tasmanian.

I've been there myself, it's pretty sleepy alright. But then so is the rest of Oz outside of Sydney and Melbourne. It does have the best summertime weather in Oz by far. And, for some reason, the local accent is far less grating than the rest of Australia. Food is off the charts.

Comment

lols.
                He's really good at, ahem, regular ones too.

Firm grip, hold their elbow with the other hand, look into their eyes, pump enthusiastically.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                  So last week took me 1h45m to do a 15min drive to Donnybrook. This week left 10 mins earlier and it too me 15 mins. Now have to sit around for 90mins. Fuck Dublin traffic imo.
                  It's horrendous.

I work in Ballsbridge.
                  Don't understand why yourself and others put yourselves through either of the above scenarios.
                  If you don't have a valid reason not to cycle to work don't give out about the traffic. It's the solution and it's a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                    It's horrendous.

I work in Ballsbridge.
                    Don't understand why yourself and others put yourselves through either of the above scenarios.
                    If you don't have a valid reason not to cycle to work don't give out about the traffic. It's the solution and it's a good one.
                    Only did the trip twice and carrying a sample steel bath on a bike isn't really an option. I'm not stupid!

Comment

Hosehead Elite should visit here for their next outing....

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                        Only did the trip twice and carrying a sample steel bath on a bike isn't really an option. I'm not stupid!
                        Fair enough.

I have friends that work nearby that give out about the traffic twice a week at least.
                        Does my nut in.

Anyone got a good piece on current mortgage rates?
                        Going to sign for a mortgage this week and only stuck on what term to sign up for.

Comment

Hmm...Just got into work and looked at my feet to see I was wearing two odd shoes. Need to stop getting dressed in the dark. Luckily I didn't meet anyone on the walk in from the car park!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                            Hmm...Just got into work and looked at my feet to see I was wearing two odd shoes. Need to stop getting dressed in the dark. Luckily I didn't meet anyone on the walk in from the car park!
                            So you keep shoes in work? I never knew you were female.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                              When Garret Fitzgerald was Taoiseach he went out on a round of official engagements with two odd shoes on, one brown one black, for an entire day. When it was pointed out to him he just shrugged, Oh yes so I am and carried on. What a hero.
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Citizenfour available to watch for the next 14 hours on 4od HERE
                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                  Fair enough.

I have friends that work nearby that give out about the traffic twice a week at least.
                                  Does my nut in.

Anyone got a good piece on current mortgage rates?
                                  Going to sign for a mortgage this week and only stuck on what term to sign up for.
                                  Yep everybody complains about it, my bus takes an hour but I can cycle in 15 so i do. Others are just lazy bastards. Or boo hoo it's cold.
                                  Also saved 2.5k-3k from cycling to work in just 2 years

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                    I'd assume he got dressed in the dark at home.
                                    Either that or he is sleeping on the streets and theirs no lights in the alley, in that case odd shoes are probably par for the course.

Comment

Thinly veiled brag:

I played the 4 main low stakes PLO tournaments on iPOKER last night. Result ...

03/03/2015 €1,000 Gtd PLO Rebuy €9.10+€0.90 1/40
                                      03/03/2015 €1,000 Gtd PLO Hi-Lo Rebuy €9.10+€0.90 4/57
                                      03/03/2015 €1,000 Gtd PLO Rebuy €4.55+€0.45 2/97
                                      03/03/2015 €500 GTD PLO Rebuy €4.55+€0.45 2/73

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                        Actually I just happened to have my suit and good shoes in the office so I was in luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                          Yep everybody complains about it, my bus takes an hour but I can cycle in 15 so i do. Others are just lazy bastards. Or boo hoo it's cold.
                                          Also saved 2.5k-3k from cycling to work in just 2 years
                                          Tired and boo hoo it's cold are two valid excuses.
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                            The young fella is asking about a modded controller for his X Box 36. I looked at a couple of sites but they are in the US. Anyone know about them and can offer me advice?

Thanks in advance
                                            its been awhile since I was into da console games but for my 2 cents modded controllers arent really worth it. You pay a premium for a couple of extra buttons that go largely unused and the advertised increase in response time is negligible. If he's dead set on it you could have a look at adverts.ie and see if you can pick one up for cheap.

I have a gaming mouse / keyboard and monitor so Im a sucker for overpriced peripherals but if I was to choose a console controller would be at the bottom of my wishlist

Comment

Speaking of games are people here still playing Hearthstone? Ive a bit of time off this month so was gonna make a run at legend.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                Tired and boo hoo it's cold are two valid excuses.
                                                He is a heavy eater of beef. Methinks it doth harm to his wit.

Are you a city boy, get out to the turfin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                  Speaking of games are people here still playing Hearthstone? Ive a bit of time off this month so was gonna make a run at legend.
                                                  Yeah I play, few games a day. Come get the coveted legend cardback

Comment

Yeah I play, few games a day. Come get the coveted legend cardback
                                                    what deck did you use? Its a bit of a slog Id imagine

Comment

Oh I use every class just to do dailies. The first season I was legend I used a free priest control and zoo. I won the boards competition with that control priest.

Atm I use control priest (yep priest is my favourite), ramp druid, mech mage, mech shaman, oil rogue, generic hunter. I dont have all the cards for those as I've not spent money but I make do. At the higher ranks you generally use faster decks to fly through them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                        It might be interesting, but I'd hazard a guess that its complete bollox also.
                                                        Twins occur because of something that happens at a single cellular level very early on. I can't see how infant mortality rate affects it. Regardless, we certainly don't have statistics for pre-human twin rates.

And all mammals have nipples in pairs. Apes, dogs, cats. And they all have more nipples than they need.
                                                        Evolution innit

Comment

Comment

I dont really know. Well there are guides with free decks that have gotten to legend (the highest ranks) so once you are good you can do that but it's getting harder the longer the game is out and more cards come out. I've not spent a penny but if I was starting now I'd probably pay a bit. So the answer is nothing if you have time, and a good bit if you want to get a lot of cards fast. Collecting the cards is a big draw to it for me so i don't pay. To be competitive you jsut need the cards for one current competitive deck, some are cheap, some are dear. You buy packs and get random cards, you can destroy the cards for a fraction of their worth to craft cards you want.

Comment

Comment

Went out for dinner and Dara O'Briain last night.

Dinner was good, we were a little late leaving the restaurant so put a bit of a hurry on.

Rounded the corner to the theatre to see the place like a ghost town. Check tickets. 4th March.

Oops

Comment

Expensive is relative, it's the cheapest watch I own

It's this one http://www.watchshop.com/mens-raymon...p99956629.html

A beautiful piece, but just not getting enough wrist time for the watch that it is to be honest.
                                                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

6 months gas bill...100e. I pay nothing for gas here, is it not more expensive or do i remember wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                      Expensive is relative, it's the cheapest watch I own

It's this one http://www.watchshop.com/mens-raymon...p99956629.html

A beautiful piece, but just not getting enough wrist time for the watch that it is to be honest.
                                                                      Prefer my watch tbh

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                        Ship the Jp masters tic on the €5 spin up. Apologies to Irisheman
                                                                        Now can't play this as got confirmation bout hotel booking that weekend this morn. Planned that well

Would like to see Dice cycling down the dual carriageway with a bath on his back some morning.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                          Now can't play this as got confirmation bout hotel booking that weekend this morn. Planned that well

Would like to see Dice cycling down the dual carriageway with a bath on his back some morning.
                                                                          Once took a jacks bowl about 45 mins on the 77a to a customer who was stuck on a BH Friday evening when i had just started out, didn't have a car and everyone else was gone home for the weekend. Turned out it was for a rather powerful MD of one of the groups. I got a decent promotion doubling my salary pretty soon after that

PS - i'll give you a tenner for the ticket.

Comment

Oh I use every class just to do dailies. The first season I was legend I used a free priest control and zoo. I won the boards competition with that control priest.

Atm I use control priest (yep priest is my favourite), ramp druid, mech mage, mech shaman, oil rogue, generic hunter. I dont have all the cards for those as I've not spent money but I make do. At the higher ranks you generally use faster decks to fly through them.
                                                                            I used to have a pretty successful face hunter deck but there are just too many counters to it at the mo. I switched it up to a more mid range deck which I think is better overall I just need to play better its handy for playing on the bus or if you have 10 mins to spare etc much easier than trying to climb to diamond in league of Legends

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                              I used to have a pretty successful face hunter deck but there are just too many counters to it at the mo. I switched it up to a more mid range deck which I think is better overall I just need to play better its handy for playing on the bus or if you have 10 mins to spare etc much easier than trying to climb to diamond in league of Legends
                                                                              LOL LoL. Come play DotA2. If you like a brutally unforgiving learning curve and a community of unrepentant assholes, it's the game for you.
                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Brag: Got a free €120 ticket for guessing something right. Thanks Boylepoker and Dice

Stephen.
                                                                                International Poker Open 2017 online satellites available on GG Poker. Visit www.internationalpokeropen.ie for more details.

The IPO is one of Europe's biggest, longest running and most enjoyable live poker festivals with huge prize-pools every year.

Comment

Originally posted by carfax View Post
                                                                                  Brag: Got a free €120 ticket for guessing something right. Thanks Boylepoker and Dice

Stephen.
                                                                                  Did you win the competition to predict the number of entries in the recent tournament? Awesomely ironic.

Comment

Unemployment 10.1%. Reasonable inevitability of below 9.3% now by end of year, I'd imagine. 0.1% drop (2,000 jobs) per month when the economy is growing at circa 4%.
                                                                                    Where did we set the line again? Have pretty much given up on this bet obv. but happy with the news obv.

Also makes the anti-austerity brigade look rather silly, which is nice.

"your policies suck! Boo government!"

"Ahem, unemployment 15% to 9% in four years say otherwise. GTFO."

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                      Is that the one with John snow vaping his journalistic credibility. Such a stupid experiment, let's give you a huge insta-hit of skunk then force you into a metal tube. OMG he freaked out. Such science.

yeah, he huffed two big volcanoes
                                                                                      it's the equivalent of getting a teetotaler to neck a bottle of vodka, and go on a trampoline, then give out about drink making people sick.
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                        Where did we set the line again? Have pretty much given up on this bet obv. but happy with the news obv.

Also makes the anti-austerity brigade look rather silly, which is nice.

"your policies suck! Boo government!"

"Ahem, unemployment 15% to 9% in four years say otherwise. GTFO."
                                                                                        Do they not just cite emigration as the reason for the drop?

Comment

It's a form of discrimination that all the good lunch spots are on the south side imo.

Comment

...

Comment

There is also a strong conversion rate from jobbridge jobs to decent jobs.
                                                                                              really?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                It's a form of discrimination that all the good lunch spots are on the south side imo.
                                                                                                You spelled poverty wrong.

Comment

...

Comment

I hate writing exams more than I used to hate doing them.

Comment

...

Comment

Apparently. 40% go straight into full time jobs. And that was 2012 when things were shit.

Personally don't see a lot wrong with an internship scheme like this.

There's the obvious take-the-piss jobs, but also a lot of decent positions too.
                                                                                                        38% wouldn't make me think 'strong' tbh

Comment

And yet none of those ingrate feckers sitting the exam would ever take the time out during an exam to reflect 'this must have been a bollix to write, kudos to the prof'
                                                                                                          Ive often felt sorry for them having to correct some of the shite I hand up

Comment

...

Comment

Serious dose of manflu, already struggling with boredom. Need something new to watch.

This week's Better Call Saul was weak, up and down season so far.
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                Serious dose of manflu, already struggling with boredom. Need something new to watch.

The first episode wasn't great but enjoyed the next 3 but last nights was average.

Go through all the handicaps for cheltenham that should keep you busy
                                                                                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post

I gave up after 1st episode, life is too short.

Comment

Obv without spoilers what do people watching House of cards S3 think of it. An improvement? Or just don't bother?

Comment

TWD

SPOILER
                                                                                                                      The more I watch the more I want to give up on it. Somthing please happen already. Feel like I am pot commited now

Comment

Obv without spoilers what do people watching House of cards S3 think of it. An improvement? Or just don't bother?
                                                                                                                        Yeah it's pretty good television. You will hate it though
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Enjoying it so far anyway and I'm 6 episodes in although I felt like turning it off after the opening scene in ep 1. Can be a bit slow at times but overall good imo

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X