This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
    What do you need it for first of all? If it's just word processing/youtube etc you dont need to spend all that.
    One of these perchance
    http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/core-i3-laptops
    Really just for streaming sports and general net stuff when away from home, any one in particular you'd rec.

edit. hadn't seen your 2nd post, I'll pick on of those.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
      Really just for streaming sports and general net stuff when away from home, any one in particular you'd rec.

Got this last week for my sister .Super little machine. http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/p...%3ELENOVO+.htm
      Came with €20 gift card, so was 360 nett.
      The Sterling exchange rate is very bad atm.

Comment

Are any of the dual tablet/laptops any use? Or is it a case of jack of all trades master of none?

I'm between getting my laptop screen fixed, maybe just buying a new laptop, while half being interested in a tablet. Only need something for light research/interwebz.

Comment

Don't know if we're to laugh or not?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                Are any of the dual tablet/laptops any use? Or is it a case of jack of all trades master of none?

I'm between getting my laptop screen fixed, maybe just buying a new laptop, while half being interested in a tablet. Only need something for light research/interwebz.
                Big tablet + keyboard dock seems most versatile.
                Laptop seems too bulky when it's not needed for any particular purpose.

Comment

You set one target forever is it? So you try and lose fat but gain muscle? Exciting.

I wasn't sure what that was hotspur but I am disappointed that it is not what I thought it would be.
                  You can change your target once as far as I can remember. I did it before my wedding as I dropped 13lbs in the two weeks prior to the wedding and went way below my target.

Going to weigh in once a month encourages you to try and keep the weight off. I did great till I did pastry cheffing and put some back on! But I am back and trying to get back to where I was. I am not heavy or anything, just want to get back to a size that makes me happy.

Comment

I need to have a wedding.

Comment

Im in the same boat RE: a new laptop, is a SSD the way to go ? Current laptop is 17", 15.6 isnt much difference really i guess, just bring it closer to me

Is anything with an i3 in it going to be sufficient to browse and stream? 4GB ram minimum ? is more always better ?
                      This too shall pass.

Comment

As part of my continued clearout of the house I have an iPad 2 32GB Wifi & 3G (unlocked) for sale. Perfect condition, and comes with a Logic3 leather case (which is a little frayed to be fair) and a bluetooth keyboard (Logictech) charge cable and plug. Looking for €250 for the lot for a friendly hassle free sale

I also have
                        a couple of old laptops
                        a DELL netbook
                        an XBOX 360 with a few games & a wireless adapter and two wireless controllers
                        a Nexus 7
                        a black glass and chrome living room table set (2 of) and a matching drinks/hallway cabinet
                        two double beds
                        a chest of drawers
                        two bedside drawer lockers
                        a budweiser mini-fridge
                        a black rug, a cream rug, a brown rug and a silver rug
                        a selection of lamps and mirrors
                        a digital camera
                        a Raymond Weil classic watch with white face, roman numerals and black leather strap (complete with all paperwork and original boxes)
                        and a partridge in a pear tree if anybody is interested. Pictures and viewings can be arranged on request
                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post

get one with an SSD if you dont have the chops to do it yourself
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

netbook have hdmi out?
                            size of chest or drawers and lockers?
                            I am aware I'd be falling into the trap of picking up shite you want gone
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Picture of digital camera taken by said digital camera requested.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                netbook have hdmi out?
                                size of chest or drawers and lockers?
                                I am aware I'd be falling into the trap of picking up shite you want gone
                                No HDMI out, it's the Inspiron 10V so it has VGA,3 USB ports & Ethernet but no HDMI.

Of course that also means that both the wireless and the memory can be upgraded (albeit you need to know your way around a laptop) unlike the Inspiron 10 which has HDMI but no wireless or memory upgrade possible.

Chest of drawers is
                                39'' Length
                                36'' Width
                                17'' Depth

Bedside Lockers are
                                22'' Length
                                16'' Width
                                17'' Depth

It's not a trap when you're getting such good value
                                Last edited by Iago; 03-03-15, 18:15.

Comment

For 10e I can guarantee that I'll have you 7lbs lighter by Friday morning as long as you follow my diet plan.

I can't guarantee that you won't have put all the weight back on by Monday though.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                    Picture of digital camera taken by said digital camera requested.
                                    Tongue in cheek or not, here you go

It's an oldie but a goodie, it's essentially brand new albeit it's an old camera. I'll practically give this away mainly because it has sat in a drawer for years without use.

and yes, my phone camera has higher megapixels than this one

I've also got a Kindle, a couple of external 1TB hard drives by Segate and a NAS from Zxyel (which again is practically unused)

Comment

How much for the NAS?
                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Ditto and TB drives (what is the read/write cycle, how much use?)

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                          How much for the NAS?
                                          Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                          Ditto and TB drives (what is the read/write cycle, how much use?)
                                          I'm doing myself a disservice, here's what I've got

1 seagate go flex home (with 1 TB storage) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-STAM...oflex+home+2tb which is effectively brand new as I've never used it.

1 seagate flex cinema media player (3TB) http://www.memoryc.com/storage/multi...nema1080p.html which while not brand new hasn't been used much at all as I pretty much exclusively live stream stuff

1 Zyxel NSA 220 (one drive in case I think it's 1TB) http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Zyxel-NSA-220...p2054897.l4275 which again is pretty much unused

I don't have boxes or manuals for any of them but all plugs, cables etc are present and correct.

I'm open to offers on all 3 with an added discount for bulk purchase, drop me a note if interested.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                              TV licence man rang the door, wife went to the door, he put his licence to the door showing who he was, and then wife came back to the room and we decided to just sit there and ignore the guy until he went away.

Hmm was that smart?

We have a tv but no tv channels, just didn't know how we'd prove that to him when he's there looking at the big tv sitting on the table. Or whether just having a tv is enough to have to have a licence.
                                              Ya just having a tv that can recieve signal is enough to require a licence. Cant pay wont pay. Je suis Hitch.
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Yeah? Glad I didn't open the door then. Thats a stupid regulation though.
                                                  Yeah I got caught a few months back. Told him its not even plugged in to recieve channels and is basically an external monitor for my laptop which is true, he said I still have to have one so I just gave in. Load of bollocks really.
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Yeah? Glad I didn't open the door then. Thats a stupid regulation though.
                                                    It's being changed to cover internet, radio etc so they have an out to get everyone and see them do their day in the Joy.

Comment

Anywhere I can catch MOTD online?

Comment

Iago, Interested in iPad, 360, fridge and watch :-). Send me a pm if you have a min.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                          Sites like matchdrama and footytube might have it.

Hola unblocker and the BBC iPlayer is the handiest way.

Comment

Paul Galvin is back with Kerry?
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                              Regularly download it on a monday from torrents, good quality copies with plenty of seeders up weekly
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Is there books on the kindle Iago?
                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                  Paul Galvin is back with Kerry?
                                                                  Yes, training. I imagine he is there as someone to mentor the young lads. I doubt he will get much championship time if any at all. Would only be a shadow of his former self now at 35 or 36 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                    Is there books on the kindle Iago?
                                                                    There are, they are very much my taste though. Game of Thrones, Malazan Book of the Fallen and other sets of fantasy/sci-fi and spy type thrillers. I'd need to look and see exactly what's on it.

However, if someone here buys it I'll add access to my Dropbox folder of books which currently has 2k+ ebooks in it. Everything from Lord of the Rings to Andrea Pirlos autobiography via John Grisham & Tim Ferris self help books...eclectic to say the least!

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                      There are, they are very much my taste though. Game of Thrones, Malazan Book of the Fallen and other sets of fantasy/sci-fi and spy type thrillers. I'd need to look and see exactly what's on it.

However, if someone here buys it I'll add access to my Dropbox folder of books which currently has 2k+ ebooks in it. Everything from Lord of the Rings to Andrea Pirlos autobiography via John Grisham & Tim Ferris self help books...eclectic to say the least!
                                                                      It is not for me , I am thinking Colm . He reads alot, james patterson , crime type books I think.

pm a price there will ya. how old is it btw or what gen I should ask?
                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Wish GOT and The Leftovers would hurry on back. Better Call Saul is not good. Latest one is one of the slowest eps of tv I've watched. I see there is a S02 of Fargo planned, nice.

Anyone point me to some decent new tv drama?

Comment

The young fella is asking about a modded controller for his X Box 36. I looked at a couple of sites but they are in the US. Anyone know about them and can offer me advice?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                            Wish GOT and The Leftovers would hurry on back. Better Call Saul is not good. Latest one is one of the slowest eps of tv I've watched. I see there is a S02 of Fargo planned, nice.

Oh yeah forgot about The leftovers - really got into it.

House of Cards.

Going to watch Better Call Saul later
                                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                Oh yeah forgot about The leftovers - really got into it.

House of Cards.

Going to watch Better Call Saul later
                                                                                Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                Vikings
                                                                                Gave up on HOC at start of 2nd season. Too much talking to the camera

Ah yes. Must get back to this, was 6 or 7 eps in but never got round to watching further.

Comment

No point suggesting shows for Ghostface, he'll just hate them

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                                                                                    I have two tickets to Beowulf at The Everyman in Cork tonight, if any one would like them.
                                                                                    http://www.beowulftheblockbuster.com/
                                                                                    Running two more nights in Cork. Well worth a look and heading for one night in Dunlaoire I believe next week.

Comment

Gave up on HOC at start of 2nd season. Too much talking to the camera

Ah yes. Must get back to this, was 6 or 7 eps in but never got round to watching further.
                                                                                      Ya I couldn't get past the soliloquies either tbh

Comment

That cannabis thing with John Snow getting baked is about to start on C4.
                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                          He knows nothing.

Goodnight.

Comment

Sometimes there's a man....sometimes there's a man

Can I organise it?

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                            As part of my continued clearout of the house I have an iPad 2 32GB Wifi & 3G (unlocked) for sale. Perfect condition, and comes with a Logic3 leather case (which is a little frayed to be fair) and a bluetooth keyboard (Logictech) charge cable and plug. Looking for €250 for the lot for a friendly hassle free sale

I also have
                                                                                            a couple of old laptops
                                                                                            a DELL netbook
                                                                                            an XBOX 360 with a few games & a wireless adapter and two wireless controllers
                                                                                            a Nexus 7
                                                                                            a black glass and chrome living room table set (2 of) and a matching drinks/hallway cabinet
                                                                                            two double beds
                                                                                            a chest of drawers
                                                                                            two bedside drawer lockers
                                                                                            a budweiser mini-fridge
                                                                                            a black rug, a cream rug, a brown rug and a silver rug
                                                                                            a selection of lamps and mirrors
                                                                                            a digital camera
                                                                                            a Raymond Weil classic watch with white face, roman numerals and black leather strap (complete with all paperwork and original boxes)
                                                                                            and a partridge in a pear tree if anybody is interested. Pictures and viewings can be arranged on request
                                                                                            Is even the last item not expensive?

TV licence man rang the door, wife went to the door, he put his licence to the door showing who he was, and then wife came back to the room and we decided to just sit there and ignore the guy until he went away.

Hmm was that smart?

We have a tv but no tv channels, just didn't know how we'd prove that to him when he's there looking at the big tv sitting on the table. Or whether just having a tv is enough to have to have a licence.
                                                                                            Yea, fuck him. You didn't give him a name which is the main thing.

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                            It's being changed to cover internet, radio etc so they have an out to get everyone and see them do their day in the Joy.
                                                                                            Fuck that shit.

You aren't off to bed now m8?
                                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Is that the one with John snow vaping his journalistic credibility. Such a stupid experiment, let's give you a huge insta-hit of skunk then force you into a metal tube. OMG he freaked out. Such science.
                                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 03-03-15, 22:51.

Comment

Hmm was that smart?

Evading your TV licence is still cool so you did good

Comment

Ship the Jp masters tic on the €5 spin up. Apologies to Irisheman

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Hmm was that smart?

I opened the door to a tv licence guy about 3 months ago. Gave him a fake name and said I will buy a tv licence. Got a few letters since with the fake name. If i do come across another one at the door I will say can you wait a minute im in the middle of something and log onto the internet and purchase a tv licence and then I will return and with out giving much detail I will tell him I have recently purchased a TV licence for this address good day to you sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                          sister is going to the Zim game (stadium is down the road from her gaff)

rather jealous
                                                                                                          Don't be jealous, after the match she'll still be stuck in Tassie.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Guy at lunch today was saying that the reason women have two breasts is that twins were far more common historically due to high death rate of kids in very early years, so there had to be two breasts to support two suckling kids.

Increased likelihood of survival of the individual child has reduced prevalence of twins, but both breasts remain nevertheless.

That's a bit of a win and an interesting factoid.
                                                                                                                It might be interesting, but I'd hazard a guess that its complete bollox also.
                                                                                                                Twins occur because of something that happens at a single cellular level very early on. I can't see how infant mortality rate affects it. Regardless, we certainly don't have statistics for pre-human twin rates.

And all mammals have nipples in pairs. Apes, dogs, cats. And they all have more nipples than they need.
                                                                                                                Last edited by Mellor; 04-03-15, 01:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                  It might be interesting, but I'd hazard a guess that its complete bollox also.
                                                                                                                  Twins occur because of something that happens at a single cellular level very early on. I can't see how infant mortality rate affects it. Regardless, we certainly don't have statistics for pre-human twin rates.

And all mammals have nipples in pairs. Apes, dogs, cats. And they all have more nipples than they need.
                                                                                                                  Not all mammals. The Virginia Opposum has 13. Surprised at you Mellor not knowing that.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                                                    Not all mammals. The Virginia Opposum has 13. Surprised at you Mellor not knowing that.
                                                                                                                    Mellor can be forgiven, now, if it was AJ...banished from this village forever.

I think i have a third one.
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

UAE are 25-3 after 10 overs chasing 340 set by pakistan

Going call this a win for pakistan

Not good for the runrate either...
                                                                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                                                        Lol, well you learn something new every day.
                                                                                                                        I was gonna say “almost all mammals” in case there is some perverted mole with one nipple. But 13 nipples! Never seen that coming

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X