Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin watches TV with his dadTo use this video in a commercial player, advertising or in broadcasts, please email Viral Spiral: contact@viralspiralgroup.com...

Martin discusses his trip to town with his mother. To use this video in a commercial player, advertising or in broadcasts, please email Viral Spiral: contact...
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
      Yep, found it enjoyable enough. Only seen 1st season only. Any shows you recommend?
      Season 2.

parks and rec and 30 rock are outstanding 20min comedy blasts, guaranteed a laugh in every show.

Hotspur, whats your breakfast show these days ?
      This too shall pass.

Comment

I assume everyone here loves the new Munster themed Guinness ad?
        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
          hands flailing out like that is a sign of brain injury after trauma - possibly a primitive protective response. Not funny at all
          Could be a good sign of getting hit with a ball and losing balance?
          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
            Could be a good sign of getting hit with a ball and losing balance?
            Are you in med school ?

Go back to pretending you work in the airport outa that.
            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
              Interesting. How reliable are signs like that?
              not very. You see it in some sports where people get lit up. e.g.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHLABnbqCi8

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                I saw it about 10 times yesterday, sick of it already.

Comment

On the topic of head injuries etc. something that may prove helpful to some at some point in life...

If a player goes down in a match with a suspected concussion they can seem perfectly fine within a minute or so. If you ask them 'are you okay?' they'll usually automatically respond 'yeah, yeah I'm grand'. You should ask them 'what half is it?' and 'what's the score?'. If they can't answer those questions, there's likely a problem.
                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                    I am curious,

What the film is really about?
                    SPOILER

Isnt the father in the basement real ? has the mother passed on her, what i assumed early in the film was her progression to total madness to the child ? if so, i need to rewatch it,
                    SPOILER
                    No the father isn't really in the basement. This is a horror film on a whole new level of psychological sophistication. It is about the effects of unprocessed grief, and indeed the real nature of our deepest pain, our fear of looking at it, and the consequences that has for us and those we are meant to be present for in our lives such as a young child.

She wouldn't countenance her deceased husband's name to be even mentioned. This is the significance of her at the end looking at the Babadook's real face behind the disguise. When she looks behind her fear of the pain she sees what it really is. The Babadook says when she sees what's really beneath his funny disguise she will want to die. That is, she will want to die to be with her dead husband, because beneath the fear of the tormenting pain is the reason for the pain - love. There's a U2 lyric from the new album that goes "I've seen for myself there's no end to grief, that's how I know...there's no end to love".

When she has the courage to go beyond her fear of being annihilated or driven mad if she faces her profound grief and sees it for what it truly is she can integrate it. She becomes gentle and compassionate with it, and develops the ability to soothe it, as shown in her not expelling the monster but keeping it, nurturing it, and soothing it when it acts up.

"Things are not always what they seem." So it's a film about looking at our pain. And it's an amazing one. This is not a film about an external monster.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                      On the topic of head injuries etc. something that may prove helpful to some at some point in life...

If a player goes down in a match with a suspected concussion they can seem perfectly fine within a minute or so. If you ask them 'are you okay?' they'll usually automatically respond 'yeah, yeah I'm grand'. You should ask them 'what half is it?' and 'what's the score?'. If they can't answer those questions, there's likely a problem.
                      You should join the order of malta
                      airport, lol

Comment

Curious ad really - presumably they are trying to cut into the Beamish market share in Munster but there has to be a risk that they alientate the larger Dublin/Leinster market.

A lot of their recent ads seems strange - very much a big nostalgia buzz with all the black and white images of St James Gate in the 1800s playing on the longevity concept. All seems to be aimed at a market they have already locked up, but doing nothing to branch into the young professional market or the vibrant new black/eastEuropean demographics.

Also the 'following in the footsteps of our ancestors' angle, with a shot of some lass whose dad and grandfather also worked in Guinesses is something which annoys me. We now celebrate nepotism?

Meh, I'm sure the ad company know what they are doing better than me.

Comment

You should join the order of malta
                          Why so angry today Eamo?

Is it because of Liverpool.

Comment

I didn't think you would be concerned by what others thought of it.

Comment

Why so angry today Eamo?

Is it because of Liverpool.
                              I am not angry, I'm a bit hungover though, and I have to go back to work tomorrow, bit shit that.
                              airport, lol

Comment

I am not angry, I'm a bit hungover though, and I have to go back to work tomorrow, bit shit that.
                                k m8 ta 4 dat.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                  Curious ad really - presumably they are trying to cut into the Beamish market share in Munster but there has to be a risk that they alientate the larger Dublin/Leinster market.

A lot of their recent ads seems strange - very much a big nostalgia buzz with all the black and white images of St James Gate in the 1800s playing on the longevity concept. All seems to be aimed at a market they have already locked up, but doing nothing to branch into the young professional market or the vibrant new black/eastEuropean demographics.

Also the 'following in the footsteps of our ancestors' angle, with a shot of some lass whose dad and grandfather also worked in Guinesses is something which annoys me. We now celebrate nepotism?

Meh, I'm sure the ad company know what they are doing better than me.
                                  Hah, enjoyed a similar conversation on this topic recently. I love their new ads but soppy sentimental nationalists prolly drink Guinness by the bucket loads already.

The other ad I find interesting at the moment is a Vodafone ad where some 20 something girl takes a call and puts her feet up on the desk and the camera lingers to show that she has a visible foot tattoo. It was obv a deliberate decision of the ad makers, but why? What is the thinking behind it?

As you say, the ad makers prolly know what they're doing.
                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                    I didn't think you would be concerned by what others thought of it.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                      SPOILER
                                      No the father isn't really in the basement. This is a horror film on a whole new level of psychological sophistication. It is about the effects of unprocessed grief, and indeed the real nature of our deepest pain, our fear of looking at it, and the consequences that has for us and those we are meant to be present for in our lives such as a young child.

She wouldn't countenance her deceased husband's name to be even mentioned. This is the significance of her at the end looking at the Babadook's real face behind the disguise. When she looks behind her fear of the pain she sees what it really is. The Babadook says when she sees what's really beneath his funny disguise she will want to die. That is, she will want to die to be with her dead husband, because beneath the fear of the tormenting pain is the reason for the pain - love. There's a U2 lyric from the new album that goes "I've seen for myself there's no end to grief, that's how I know...there's no end to love".

When she has the courage to go beyond her fear of being annihilated or driven mad if she faces her profound grief and sees it for what it truly is she can integrate it. She becomes gentle and compassionate with it, and develops the ability to soothe it, as shown in her not expelling the monster but keeping it, nurturing it, and soothing it when it acts up.

"Things are not always what they seem." So it's a film about looking at our pain. And it's an amazing one. This is not a film about an external monster.
                                      Very easy of me to say now, but i thought that at the time and dismissed it as a bit meta, makes sense now though, thanks.
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Bojan punishing the FPL noobs who knee-jerked him out!
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                          Bojan punishing the FPL noobs who knee-jerked him out!
                                          He's terrible.
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

That's the joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                              Did Vikings and moved onto Sons of Anarchy now. I really wanted to enjoy it, but found it pretty average starting off and was going to give up on it after 7 episodes. Hung in there, and episodes 8-10 were really good so i'm hoping it kicks on from there and gets a lot better because it has a lot of potential.
                                              You should of gave up while you had the chance, it gets really good for a while now and reels you in and then before you know it you're watching one of the most retarded shows on television. Only 4 episodes left, thank fuck.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...watching the snooker on Setanta...I haven't seen O Sullivan play this fluently in years...he really makes it llookpiss easy...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                    New Moto G is very decent. Small changes; but the bigger screen, better camera, SD card, add up to big gains overall. Extra sim card has potential to be useful abroad. Lack of 4g is bizarre and only thing holding it back really.

+1, would buy again
                                                    Bought the old one when my Nexus 5 went kaput. Not impressed...Oneplus arriving tomorrow.

Comment

Assembling a team of people to kill Russell Brand. If you have skills that you think could be put to use fire me a PM, ty.

Comment

Comment

Where is the best place to get a mac book repaired?

Screen is blank /black but it sounds like its booting up.

If I get it plugged into a TV via a hdmi lead will that divert the screen automagically to the TV?
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

If I get it plugged into a TV via a hdmi lead will that divert the screen automagically to the TV?
                                                            Ya the screen will work on the TV.

At a guess I'd say the motherboard is gone.. Can be quite expensive to get repaired.

Comment

Comment

Think we might have overplayed things by giving the kid some camomile tea to help her sleep for her afternoon nap as she has a bit of a cold. Think its at around 4 hours sleep now with no sign of waking. Going to be awkward persuading her she's ready for her proper sleep at 8.
                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Think we might have overplayed things by giving the kid some camomile tea to help her sleep for her afternoon nap as she has a bit of a cold. Think its at around 4 hours sleep now with no sign of waking. Going to be awkward persuading her she's ready for her proper sleep at 8.
                                                                  Hit her with an espresso now and then a 2x camomile at 8. I think that's the general western medical approach.

Comment

FFS Arsenal.
                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

CompuB if its under warranty. They do out of warranty repairs but they are very expensive. Mactivate is another option. I'd imagine you should get some sort of ext display off HDMI or the mini-display port.

If its out of warranty, open it up (may need a pentalobe driver), disconnect the battery and re-seat the ram before going any further.
                                                                        Last edited by coillcam; 09-11-14, 17:55.

Comment

Wenger really does need to go. Monreal, lol.

Comment

Been done already dude. Unlucky
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Actually just had a once-in-a-lifetime brainwave. Patent pending.

So there's nothing to really give a kid with a cough, except for maybe some warm herbal tea with lemon and honey. Doesn't do any good obv, but does provide the reassurance of doing something.

All the cough syrups seem to be for older kids / adults, as is Lemsip.

Lockets / Halls cough drops could work but there's a risk of a young kid accidentally swallowing and choking if they're coughing at the same time.

* drumroll *

SPOILER
                                                                              Make Lockets as lollipops

we may want to split this post off into a separate thread due to the potential for posts praising the idea derailing whatever everyone else is talking about.
                                                                              Instead of wasting your money developing this product you should just buy the finished product instead.

Comment

...

Comment

This is from the t+c's for the welcome bonus with 10bet. Madness!

Players from Armenia, Belarus, China, Czech, Georgia, Romania, Serbia, Uzbekistan and rest of the world must roll over the deposit once to release the bonus and wager the deposit and the bonus 8 times before they can withdraw their winnings. All wagers must be made on 3-selection combo bets at odds of at least 1.60 per selection.

Comment

Been listening to this album on pretty much repeat for the last week or so, his lyrics are mind blowing good.

This tune is great imo, contains the following.. 'I'm the ugliest guy on the Lower East Side, but I've got wheels and you wanna go for a ride'

I do not own the rights to this audio. All rights reserved to The Magnetic Fields and 1999 Merge Records
                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Very interesting and often uplifting 4 video set on aspiring stand up comedians all ordinary people virtually plucked off the street in Dublin. And within 2 months delivering their own stand up before a live audience. Makes you feel like having a go!

Journey of a joke

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                        LOL at the "live at croke park". We have a dreamer!!
                                                                                        Lol. Delusional stuff if ever I heard it. Not going to happen. Let me guess, conor said so
                                                                                        Conor on his own will not fill a stadium, and top bill US fighters don't like fighting in Europe, so good luck filling a decent card.

If this went ahead, this would basically make it the 2nd biggest event in UFC history (biggest if the delusion is to actually fill croke park lol).

and then there is the tiny issue of the Irish weather...

The UFC are keen to to have a stadium event in Dublin after the successful return of the sport at the 02 earlier this year, according to Cook

Conor told you. Listen next time.

Comment

ah come on! this is just a more noise. since when does a challenger dictate where a fight takes place? they could at least wait until he's the champ before even talking about it. long way to go

Comment

ah come on! this is just a more noise. since when does a challenger dictate where a fight takes place? they could at least wait until he's the champ before even talking about it. long way to go
                                                                                            It isn't noise though, its a big possibility. Cook doesn't promote or talk shit. Aldo will agree to it. Would be his biggest ever payday, pretty sure he isn't rich yet. UFC do what makes the most $$$ and very few of their fighters are rolling in the monies.

Agree it is pretty unlikely to have the fight here when he is the challenger but they are bringing whoever is WW champ to Canada to face a Canadian next year. Probably done it to others before.

Comment

Well if the mirror says so
                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

I am sorry to annoy ye again with my woes.

On Friday evening I sent an email to the new owners of the paper. This is the same man who SHE said would not extend the 3 month probation period that SHE looked for , who she also said was a very black and white type person and he said no.

At 8.30 am this morning he took time to reply to my email .

I do feel now I have closure and my fears are confirmed. The first line of his email is as follows:

Michelle,

Thank you for your note. I was sorry to learn that it had been decided not to offer you a permanent position , following your probationary period with the Leinster Express.

What do ye take from that? is it he found out after? She said he decided in the meeting on Thursday not to extend the period.

I am sorry for all this but its fucking eating and eating away at me.
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Well if the mirror says so
                                                                                                  Gary Cook said so.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

On Friday evening I sent an email to the new owners of the paper. This is the same man who SHE said would not extend the 3 month probation period that SHE looked for , who she also said was a very black and white type person and he said no.

I do feel now I have closure and my fears are confirmed. The first line of his email is as follows:

Michelle,

Thank you for your note. I was sorry to learn that it had been decided not to offer you a permanent position , following your probationary period with the Leinster Express.

What do ye take from that? is it he found out after? She said he decided in the meeting on Thursday not to extend the period.

pretty standard letter michelle, don't read anything into it.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

Michelle,

It doesn't matter how it played out.
                                                                                                      He hired her to make the decisions, if she hasn't got the balls to say it was her decision thats her problem.
                                                                                                      Its a pain but its not important, you are better off out of it.

Not really for me to advise you but are you sure you liked selling advertising ?
                                                                                                      There is better out there for you.
                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

It doesn't matter how it played out.
                                                                                                        He hired her to make the decisions, if she hasn't got the balls to say it was her decision thats her problem.
                                                                                                        Its a pain but its not important, you are better off out of it.

Not really for me to advise you but are you sure you liked selling advertising ?
                                                                                                        There is better out there for you.
                                                                                                        I absolutely 100% loved it because advertising is a good product. I got excited about it with customers. I can have a job selling pinergy in the morning. i do not like it , nothing to get excited about.
                                                                                                        Last edited by SatNav; 09-11-14, 20:37.
                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

New stove roaring away at full blast. Entire house like a sauna. Shed full of logs. This would be a good winter for a big freeze.
                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                            New stove roaring away at full blast. Entire house like a sauna. Shed full of logs. This would be a good winter for a big freeze.
                                                                                                            Wanna buy a bit a turf boss?

Comment

The most enjoyable part of interstellar was the piss afterwards
                                                                                                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                                Wanna buy a bit a turf boss?
                                                                                                                Never be turf or coal in this house again!

The mother-in-law does have a shed the size of a rugby pitch full of 'soddeens a turf' if you're ever out that way though.

Comment

First to be whacked tonight:

SPOILER
                                                                                                                  Elmo imo

Ludicrous prop bets welcome

Comment

Never be turf or coal in this house again!

The mother-in-law does have a shed the size of a rugby pitch full of 'soddeens a turf' if you're ever out that way though.
                                                                                                                    have to say i really miss the smell of fresh turf in the fire

Comment

Listening to a podcast which has the opening question of what is the best chocolate bar. Few different options fired about but the best shout from them imo is a drifter. I always like drifter alot but havent had one in ages and don't know why I don't go for them more. Tomorrow will be a drifter day.

Opr

Comment

First to be whacked tonight:

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        Elmo imo

Ludicrous prop bets welcome
                                                                                                                        Lovin/Hatin
                                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                                        Janet first to die imo

Comment

Kinder Bueno AINEC
                                                                                                                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X