This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post
    Thought Munter would struggle in this pool but excellently positioned. Beat Clermont at home in rnd3 and that will go close to ending their interest, might see them field a weakened team the following week and make an away win in France an easier proposition.
    Every year the doom merchants come out selling that this is the time, for real, that the draw is too tough and Munster are too poor. And every time Munster do what needs to be done and prove that they are man enough. Was fucking sweet to give Nigel Wray's boys a solid thumping tbh.
    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
      Every year the doom merchants come out selling that this is the time, for real, that the draw is too tough and Munster are too poor. And every time Munster do what needs to be done and prove that they are man enough. Was fucking sweet to give Nigel Wray's boys a solid thumping tbh.
      Ya genuinely yesterday before kickoff.
      The only backs you would have had from Munster in Sarries backline were Murray and maybe Zebo.
      Always seem to play better than the sum of there parts.
      Sarries missing there first choice front row and were looking good till the yellow card then was nly going to be one winner.
      Always had a soft spot for Keatley but his kicking from the tee was brutal at that level.
      Watched in pub with a genuine Luntser fan too a wexford friend

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
        Ya genuinely yesterday before kickoff.
        The only backs you would have had from Munster in Sarries backline were Murray and maybe Zebo.
        Always seem to play better than the sum of there parts.
        Sarries missing there first choice front row and were looking good till the yellow card then was nly going to be one winner.
        Always had a soft spot for Keatley but his kicking from the tee was brutal at that level.
        Watched in pub with a genuine Luntser fan too a wexford friend
        We're everywhere.
        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Got my RWC tickets for the French game, happy out.
          This too shall pass.

Comment

Denying Saracens the BP could be huge. I actually can't see any scenario bar all 3 teams going into the last game with 3 wins each and Munster would potentially be in a great position with Sale at home.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

The film box has landed. #Adelphi30 week; 29 Sept – 5 Oct 2014.We transformed a shipping container in the car park of The New Adelphi Club and invited #Adelp...
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                    Got my RWC tickets for the French game, happy out.
                    i didn't .

gutted

Comment

[VINE]OAraMgUX05n[/VINE]

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                        i didn't .

gutted
                        Ah thats a pain in the ass, how many games did you apply for ? did you get any ?
                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                          shrap vs conor for IPB fight night, joint top billing.
                          lol, quick fight. round 1 knockout

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                          why not?
                          Conor on his own will not fill a stadium, and top bill US fighters don't like fighting in Europe, so good luck filling a decent card.

If this went ahead, this would basically make it the 2nd biggest event in UFC history (biggest if the delusion is to actually fill croke park lol).

and then there is the tiny issue of the Irish weather...

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                            Ah thats a pain in the ass, how many games did you apply for ? did you get any ?
                            applied for 2. got tix for France-Romania in the olympic stadium here in London so i can bring the boys.

really disappointed for france ireland as was really looking forward to that. i'll apply again next round.

edit: just checked and there is no next round
                            Last edited by shrapnel; 25-10-14, 11:08.

Comment

Comment

Conor would sell out a stadium in Ireland no problem now, the event would be hyped beyond believe here for months.

Comment

lol, quick fight. round 1 knockout

Conor on his own will not fill a stadium, and top bill US fighters don't like fighting in Europe, so good luck filling a decent card.

If this went ahead, this would basically make it the 2nd biggest event in UFC history (biggest if the delusion is to actually fill croke park lol).

and then there is the tiny issue of the Irish weather...
                                  The weather is your only problem. He would fill the aviva with added hype of another assumed win or two.
                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                    Even got involved myself, never been to a rugby match but in draw for cheap seats for Ireland Italy. Madness. (Closing at 6pm today if anyone interested).
                                    i didn't .

gutted
                                    You need to run luckier; never been to a rugby match but have binked my four CatD tickets for Ireland Italy in the Olympic stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                      You need to run luckier; never been to a rugby match but have binked my four CatD tickets for Ireland Italy in the Olympic stadium.
                                      WP. did that match go to a ballot?

Comment

The weather wasn't a big concern when 400,000 bought Gareth Brooks tickets. People don't make decisions yo not buy tickets to sports/entertainment events here based on the possibility of a few showers.
                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

WP. did that match go to a ballot?
                                          It definitely went to ballot alright but not sure at what levels, probably only the lower categories.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                            The weather wasn't a big concern when 400,000 bought Gareth Brooks tickets. People don't make decisions yo not buy tickets to sports/entertainment events here based on the possibility of a few showers.
                                            Rain has no bearing at a concert. it can still go ahead regardless if the fans get wet. It's not the same for a fight event. Event will be cancelled if it rains. Organisers will not take that risk, and may not even be allowed to take that risk.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                fyp
                                                Youve been around for many irish summers dude?

Anyway shrap has a point weather is a concern but the only concern. He would fill it easy
                                                airport, lol

Comment

fyp
                                                  So put it in the summer?

Comment

Comment

Applied for Italy and France cat D and C plus the Mrs applied as well to double our chances. No joy on anything. I'll have to get more resourceful.
                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I'd fucking love to see Ulster do the business today. Huge challenge.
                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

okay i wasn't expecting the spanish inquistion
                                                          What's for breakfast?

Are you coming to the wrestling tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                            lol, was about to post what a tough game this is going to be! bookies have it at scratch

Comment

Comment

Juan smith bakkies Botha and Ali Williams barcella off the bench think Ulster without piennar will lose

Comment

lol, was about to post what a tough game this is going to be! bookies have it at scratch
                                                                  Scratch is crazy. Toulon -8 I'd make it. Everything needs to go right for Ulster. I was watching Ire v France in the 2014 6ns last night and Basteraud was unreal. BOD had an interview during the week saying he was undefendable in that game. Giteau is an unreal player.

And as Mick has rightly pointed out it's all about the pack.

Comment

Scratch is crazy. Toulon -8 I'd make it. Everything needs to go right for Ulster. I was watching Ire v France in the 2014 6ns last night and Basteraud was unreal. BOD had an interview during the week saying he was undefendable in that game. Giteau is an unreal player.

And as Mick has rightly pointed out it's all about the pack.
                                                                    -8 would seem massive to me but -4 in any event. really looking forward to it in any case!

no pienaar is the biggest issue for me

Comment

highly tempted as have a get out of jail free card. do i have to give my card details to that ebola website?
                                                                      Tickets are for sale in the wrestling shop (top floor in Saint Stephens Green), Or by calling the Liberty Hall Box office on 0818 205 205.
                                                                      Alternatively I can double down and buy again off that site, no point spreading the risk of contraction about.
                                                                      Ehonda, tara musing over it.

FAO Honda et al, they may have the monks wine for sale, they did at the last one.

Cassidy's at 6:00pm for a game of operation, jenga and guess who and a pizza and pint for a tenner before strutting over to Liberty Hall.
                                                                      Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 25-10-14, 12:14.

Comment

Balotelli starting again seemingly
                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

First time ever seeing this or even hearing of it. WTF.
                                                                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Ridiculous decision leaving Giteau on in the first place. Not that ulster will complain.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                              Ridiculous decision leaving Giteau on in the first place. Not that ulster will complain.
                                                                              This has a sense of inevitability.

Ulster need to go for broke and pick up the tempo. Get Leigh halfpenny at the bottom of a ruck and injure him. Force Toulon to put guys out of position in the backs and get rid of a penalty kicking machine.

Comment

This has a sense of inevitability.

Ulster need to go for broke and pick up the tempo. Get Leigh halfpenny at the bottom of a ruck and injure him. Force Toulon to put guys out of position in the backs and get rid of a penalty kicking machine.
                                                                                If they would simply get babyface to go for the posts from 40 metres it would be a start. Poor kick from hand then when he does go for touch.

Yup, can't afford to give away any penalties inside 60 metres.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                  If they would simply get babyface to go for the posts from 40 metres it would be a start. Poor kick from hand then when he does go for touch.

Yup, can't afford to give away any penalties inside 60 metres.
                                                                                  you're absolutely right, but the bolded bit is just crazy when you think about it.

Comment

you're absolutely right, but the bolded bit is just crazy when you think about it.
                                                                                    He's a bit of a freak really. Everything inside 50 tends to go over. 50-60 metres, he's probably 60%+. His all round game doesn't get mentioned as much but he's a class act. Pienaar is a huge loss here.

Just hope that O'Connor does a spaz out like Michalak and everything falls apart. Can't see Ulster winning without Toulon mistakes.

Comment

Holy fuck west ham. Sakho and song are two brilliant signings
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Their manager, dislikeable as he may be, ain't no mug either. It helps.

Comment

Ah le bbv curse
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

wp

Comment

Their manager, dislikeable as he may be, ain't no mug either. It helps.
                                                                                              Absolutely, fans hated him last season for his shit style of football but he did what he had to do to stay up, signed very well and they are a different team now
                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Can anyone recommend a decent value Android box?

Comment

Ulster are weak.

Comment

Ulster are weak.
                                                                                                    Toulon are strong.

Comment

Toulon are strong.
                                                                                                      Doesn't matter. That's the level. You either put it up to them or you get cast aside to irrelevance.

Comment

Doesn't matter. That's the level. You either put it up to them or you get cast aside to irrelevance.
                                                                                                        you're right, but these guys can bulldoze anyone in Europe.

Comment

Toulon bashing them backwards. Destroying them in contact.

Comment

I heard the same last year before the semi final. You can always make a game of it. Ulster had a dreadful first two ties no doubt about that. But they've come up short. You're obliged to make it happen, none of these teams are going to give you anything.

Comment

They got Cresswell from Ipswich and he is playing amazing all season too
                                                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I heard the same last year before the semi final. You can always make a game of it. Ulster had a dreadful first two ties no doubt about that. But they've come up short. You're obliged to make it happen, none of these teams are going to give you anything.
                                                                                                                i don't think they'll win it this year fwiw, but when they play like that, it's difficult nigh impossible to beat them.

Comment

Toulon barely had to use 3rd gear. Ulster losing yards on the gainline for 75 minutes until it was irrelevant. Ulster have injuries, they aren't as strong as they were 12-18 months ago but they look like they've gone backwards mentally to.

Comment

i don't think they'll win it this year fwiw, but when they play like that, it's difficult nigh impossible to beat them.
                                                                                                                    It's wide open this year. I could make an argument for 5 or 6 different teams. A long way to go.

Comment

Look, lol Lloyd and all that, but my reading of the landscape is that anyone sitting around waiting for an Irish team to become just better than everyone else ala Leinster in 2012 is going to be sorely disappointed. This year its Toulon and Saracens, next year it will be some other clubs laden down with expensive stars. They're always going to have more money than our provinces, they're always going to be better on an individual level.

And so fucking what. What you can control is not getting beat in contact. Rip their fucking faces apart up front and give yourself a chance. Use your crowd, use your pride, make it closer than its supposed to be. It's going to be a different few years ahead.

Comment

Chad will love this:

[VINE]OhtLHHwbEB5[/VINE]
                                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Extreme sports is the channel to be watching atm
                                                                                                                          48

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X