This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Morning sir. Got an M&S Bakewell tart for breakfast.
    Can you recommend a morning tea to deal with after effects of your nighttime tea?
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Can you recommend a morning tea to deal with after effects of your nighttime tea?
      Matcha?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Morning sir. Got an M&S Bakewell tart for breakfast.
        Sick life. I haven't gotten anything yet.

There will soon be an exciting collaboration bwtween The Night Crew and The Breakfast Club,.
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Sneezed all over myself whilst driving to work, so bad that I had to go home and get changed and then get to work late.

Bad start to a Monday!

Comment

New sheep game up and running. It includes a new 'What AJ thinks' section

Comment

Comment

woke up at half 9 feck, in work for 9:55, still, need to sneak a shower in the hotel next door james bond style.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                    This

And this imo.

I'm not going to be so silly as to suggest a fighter has never thrown a fight in the UFC. That would be silly, especially when a fighter could know he is on the way out and any number of Vegas bookies will take bets on the finish.
                    But Porrier was a top 5 fighter, with 10 UFC fights, 8 wins. The loss yesterday was a decent career set back. It'll will take him a few wind to regain his place. Earnings wise, the loss is a big hit. I really don't think they could make it worth his while.
                    I know Porrier was decent but he knew what he had to do for White to sell out a stadium at €170 a head. He was no doubt well compensated.

I know these guys work very hard and it's a tough sport but they are not stupid. They can see McG's popularity in Ireland from sales and web trends. They all work for the same company and were never going to kill the golden goose.

You know deep down that that these last two knock downs were super soft and that Brandao and Porrier take worse hits in sparring every day.
                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Morning. I had a breakfast wrap from Spar. It was ok I guess.
                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

There's only one video that needs to be seen of an Irish scumbag excelling in the States at the weekend.

Last edited by tylerdurden94; 29-09-14, 11:15.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                          I know Porrier was decent but he knew what he had to do for White to sell out a stadium at €170 a head. He was no doubt well compensated.

I know these guys work very hard and it's a tough sport but they are not stupid. They can see McG's popularity in Ireland from sales and web trends. They all work for the same company and were never going to kill the golden goose.

You know deep down that that these last two knock downs were super soft and that Brandao and Porrier take worse hits in sparring every day.
                          Was 9/11 an inside job? Thoughts on chemtrails? Was Diana killed on purpose? Where is Elvis? Was the moon landing faked?

Comment

Comment

Doubt the Irish market is all that huge in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

Originally posted by CHaD View Post
                                Was 9/11 an inside job? Thoughts on chemtrails? Was Diana killed on purpose? Where is Elvis? Was the moon landing faked?
                                Ha ha. Nice argument.

Naive couch jockeys like you thought Michelle Smith was a great champion as well.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                  Doubt the Irish market is all that huge in the grand scheme of things.
                                  Ask Garth Brooks.

Comment

Comment

Surely Shergar deserves an honourable mention too.

Comment

Comment

Ha ha. Nice argument.

Naive couch jockeys like you thought Michelle Smith was a great champion as well.
                                          I did? Another made up bullshit argument that doesn't back up the crap you are wheeling out.

What makes me a naive couch jockey and what makes your tinfoil hat rubbish credible in the slightest?

Comment

Allocated a thanks to Wombatman for the usage of 'couch jockey'.

The addition of a patronising 'naive' was audacious but I think he pulled it off.

Comment

Point deducted from CHD for 2006-era 'tinfoil hat' reference.

Comment

Allocated a thanks to Wombatman for the usage of 'couch jockey'.

The addition of a patronising 'naive' was audacious but I think he pulled it off.
                                                Point deducted from CHD for 2006-era 'tinfoil hat' reference.
                                                Both valid points tbf.

More sense than Wombatman speaks anyway.

Comment

I don't understand what I'm saying that is so controversial here:

Both knock downs were soft.

UFC is a business run buy clever business men who see McGregor's potential and know Irish fans translate support into big spend.

UFC chiefs would be crazy not to do what it takes to engineer big pay day sold out stadium.

Comment

Fu Tyler editing my post, if I wanted to know that I was bad embed I'd have asked your one from Coppers the other night.
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

A devout Christian couple from Florida are championing a controversial evangelism technique – swinging.

Seems reasonable.

Comment

I don't understand what I'm saying that is so controversial here:

Both knock downs were soft.

UFC is a business run buy clever business men who see McGregor's potential and know Irish fans translate support into big spend.

UFC chiefs would be crazy not to do what it takes to engineer big pay day sold out stadium.
                                                        He slapped Brandao around. Nothing soft about it.

Poirier has a weak chin and McGregor hits hard. He clipped him a few times leading up to Poirier going down. He was hurt and was knocked out on the ground.

Nothing soft in either fight.

You do realise filling a stadium in Ireland for a title fight would make them less money than a title fight in USA? Irish fans aren't going to make the UFC anymore money than they already would have.

The only thing the UFC has done is avoid putting him in with a wrestler. That is matchmaking and ridic standard in fighting.

You aren't being controversial you are speaking uneducated crap.

Comment

170 a head? That's prob a bit of an overestimation. The cheap seats would prob be $50.
                                                          Plus they aren't actually doing a stadium event on the back of this. Excluding injury, he'll prob need to get past another title contender. So you're suggestion that all 3 guys would take a dive, and give up their own title chances, and all the money that goes with the title shot and future top matches. How much do you think they ask for to go down in the first?
                                                          Selling out a stadium doesn't actually make that much money. Ticket sales is a tiny revenue stream for the UFC. For example, this weekends event did a $2million gate (tickets), PPV sales were probably 10 times that (the UFC don't get all of this btw). If he sells out the Aviva, it'll probably be 5-6 million in tickets. But the poxy timezone would mean that PPV sales take a hit in the US and the net income is the same.

McGregor is a hugely popular FW fighter, with huge potential, but I just don't think he's causing a massive influx of cash just yet.
                                                          That spot behind the ear is pretty vunerable tbh. Sure it looked a lot less clear cut than they could have been. But it's pretty common for fighters to go down to glancing shots like that.
                                                          He wasn't out cold it anything, he dropped and the follow up shots were landing so the ref called it.
                                                          Fighters don't really spar heavy with 4oz gloves in training.

Comment

Irish fans paid $200k for tickets to the weekends event. There's was no PPV money from Ireland.
                                                            McGregor's disclosed pay for the event was, conveniently, $200k. So his "support" covers his wages, and the reality is those tickets would have sold out anyway.

As above, it's not actually worth that much. Definitely not enough to pay off the whole division.

Comment

170 a head? That's prob a bit of an overestimation. The cheap seats would prob be $50.
                                                              Plus they aren't actually doing a stadium event on the back of this. Excluding injury, he'll prob need to get past another title contender. So you're suggestion that all 3 guys would take a dive, and give up their own title chances, and all the money that goes with the title shot and future top matches. How much do you think they ask for to go down in the first?
                                                              Selling out a stadium doesn't actually make that much money. Ticket sales is a tiny revenue stream for the UFC. For example, this weekends event did a $2million gate (tickets), PPV sales were probably 10 times that (the UFC don't get all of this btw). If he sells out the Aviva, it'll probably be 5-6 million in tickets. But the poxy timezone would mean that PPV sales take a hit in the US and the net income is the same.

McGregor is a hugely popular FW fighter, with huge potential, but I just don't think he's causing a massive influx of cash just yet.

That spot behind the ear is pretty vunerable tbh. Sure it looked a lot less clear cut than they could have been. But it's pretty common for fighters to go down to glancing shots like that.
                                                              He wasn't out cold it anything, he dropped and the follow up shots were landing so the ref called it.
                                                              Fighters don't really spar heavy with 4oz gloves in training.
                                                              €170 was the ticket price for the last Irish event. McG with a weak undercard would be enough to sell out the venue. Low cost production with massive reveue.

Chad said Poirier was knocked out you say he was not?

McGregor hit him with a big shot that rocked him, then caught him behind the ear less than a half minute later. Not the cleanest knockout, but a solid knockout nonetheless.
                                                              Even this quote you posted is a contradiction. Not the cleanest.........but a solid. Wut?

I ask you Mellor, in all honesty, was there a bit of a whiff around the Poirier knock down?
                                                              - Poirier's body language pre fight.
                                                              - The nature of the knockdown.
                                                              - The speed at which the fight was stopped.

Comment

Is what you do in the same sort of range, rules and format, as that fight the other night?

Did you ever play rugby and if you did how do you feel about the relative safety between them.
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Yeah come on you boys in blue.just up after sinking a feed of pints celebrating our ryder cup win. Had tears in my eyes last night, proud to be european, would love to have been in brussels last night, id say there were no cows milked.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                    Is what you do in the same sort of range, rules and format, as that fight the other night?

Did you ever play rugby and if you did how do you feel about the relative safety between them.
                                                                    As far as I know the amount of serious injuries in MMA is very very low whereas rugby is up there with the most dangerous of sports to partake in.
                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                      Yeah come on you boys in blue.just up after sinking a feed of pints celebrating our ryder cup win. Had tears in my eyes last night, proud to be european, would love to have been in brussels last night, id say there were no cows milked.
                                                                      Genuinely thought that was a Lazare post.
                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

€170 was the ticket price for the last Irish event. McG with a weak undercard would be enough to sell out the venue. Low cost production with massive reveue.

Even this quote you posted is a contradiction. Not the cleanest.........but a solid. Wut?

I ask you Mellor, in all honesty, was there a bit of a whiff around the Poirier knock down?
                                                                        It was essentially a KO. a TKO. Ref stoppage. All the same really. If the ref didn't stop it he is out cold in 5 seconds. Wasn't defending himself.

Poiriers body language was one of a nervous man who had alot to lose. McGregor was in his head.
                                                                        The knockdown was because Poirier had taken a few punches and was being punished. The punch/elbow glancing combo was a big shot.
                                                                        The speed at which it is stopped? Fucking hell. Poirier was lying there not covering up taking blows to the head. It is a perfect stoppage. A couple more punches and he is out cold. The ref did the 100% right thing.

Comment

You weren't on the debate team in school I take it wombatman?
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Has the AIB Online site changed? There's no secure login sign here so not sure if it's a phishing site or not because i've never seen this screen before?

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                              Has the AIB Online site changed? There's no secure login sign here so not sure if it's a phishing site or not because i've never seen this screen before?

SPOILER
                                                                              Its been like that for a while. I hope its ok as I have been using it.

Comment

It was essentially a KO. a TKO. Ref stoppage. All the same really. If the ref didn't stop it he is out cold in 5 seconds. Wasn't defending himself.

Poiriers body language was one of a nervous man who had alot to lose. McGregor was in his head.
                                                                                The knockdown was because Poirier had taken a few punches and was being punished. The punch/elbow glancing combo was a big shot.
                                                                                The speed at which it is stopped? Fucking hell. Poirier was lying there not covering up taking blows to the head. It is a perfect stoppage. A couple more punches and he is out cold. The ref did the 100% right thing.
                                                                                You said

He was hurt and was knocked out on the ground.
                                                                                Stop backsliding. Don't try to make a reasoned argument. Just stick to your 'McGregor hits hard BLAM' reasons you hype gobbler.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                  Fu Tyler editing my post, if I wanted to know that I was bad embed I'd have asked your one from Coppers the other night.
                                                                                  Apologies put it back to the old way.
                                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Excellent trolling from wombat

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                      Hype Gobbler is a nice phrase.

Comment

You said

Stop backsliding. Don't try to make a reasoned argument. Just stick to your 'McGregor hits hard BLAM' reasons you hype gobbler.
                                                                                        Where is the backsliding? Nowhere.

You have run out of wacky conspiracy points to make and are now plucking points out of nothing. You've been given reason and put in your place. Running out of crappy CT's.

You are a typical begrudger who can't type sense, you paranoid drooler.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                          The next page opens a new tab that is secure.
                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                                            Its been like that for a while. I hope its ok as I have been using it.
                                                                                            ty

Much prefer to see the green lock for peace of mind! Been using the phone app for AIB Online lately so haven't checked online for while.

Edit - ty AFB

Comment

The dublin event start at €50, no idea where you got 170. The average price (allowing for cage side etc) was €115. A bigger venue would have way way more €50 so the average would be lower.
                                                                                              As I pointed out above, the gate prices aren't worth a whole lot. And they lose out on PPV says.

With the only to the side of the head he wasn't out cold (as in unconscious unmoving for 10 seconds plus. He was limp for a second if you look at his arms. It was a TKO stoppage, not a KO.

That was Lloyd's pist not my own. But w/e.
                                                                                              By the "cleanest", I refer to a dropped straight down, out cold, unarguable KO. This wasn't one, hence this discussion obv,

Body language: not sure what your getting at tbh (haven't read every post ITT)
                                                                                              The knockdown: Ducked into it and caught it in the side on the head (the ref said he followed through with his elbow but I'm not sure). It might not drop a guy everytime, buts it's pretty common. I'll try find a similar example later.
                                                                                              The stoppage: 4 unanswered strikes to the side of the head. Pretty standard to get it stopped. Its up to the ref and there's no set criteria. Had he let it go on, 2 more seconds, it would have been 8-10 strikes to the head. The ref doesn't work for the UFC btw.

Comment

ty

Much prefer to see the green lock for peace of mind! Been using the phone app for AIB Online lately so haven't checked online for while.
                                                                                                You're not putting your codes in until the next page which is still the same.

If you are unsure pm me your number, pin and phone number and ill check it for you here
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                                  Maybe, don't mind tbh. I genuinely really enjoy breaking down fights and fighters like that. It's the only sport that I'd say I love tbh.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Was this to me?

Essentially yeah. I train in MMA. At this point I've have 1 fight which would be the sane at the fight the other night, albeit at a smaller level and scale. 3 x 3min rounds in a cage, grapling and striking (no elbows), small gloves and no pads. I've also had 20-30 grappling matches, this is sort of an assessory sport to MMA. The lack of striking means frequency can be much higher. I've had 6 matches in a day before.

I played Rugby in school, not very well. It's also covered pretty well on the TV down under. I'd genuinely think rugby us more like to cause injury. Due to nature of tackles, being blindsided, 2-on-1 etc.
                                                                                                  If I'm in a spot where I'm in "trouble", caught in a choke or a joint lock. I just tap and it's over. Similarly if over whelmed by strikes, I can curl up and quit and it'll be stopped. I wouldn't do it if I didn't feel relatively safe.

Comment

Vegas

Hi folks,

The missus turns 30 this coming Feb so have decided I'm going to bring her to Vegas as a pressie .

Just looking for some advise in general about booking etc.

Firstly, am I best going through a site like Expedia or the likes to book the whole lot together? If so, can anyone recommend the best site to use? Or should I wait till jan and try get a better price on flights in the sales? Negotiate directly with the hotel on room rates etc?(Heard this was possible given that lots of empty rooms that time of year?)

Secondly can anyone recommend a hotel on the strip for value and quality please? Don't mind paying a few quid extra if it's worth it.
                                                                                                    Last edited by TheVelvetFog; 29-09-14, 12:40.

Comment

Name of Satnav's Canvass site please?

Seen it mentioned and praised a few times.

Comment

The dublin event start at €50, no idea where you got 170. The average price (allowing for cage side etc) was €115. A bigger venue would have way way more €50 so the average would be lower.
                                                                                                        As I pointed out above, the gate prices aren't worth a whole lot. And they lose out on PPV says.

With the only to the side of the head he wasn't out cold (as in unconscious unmoving for 10 seconds plus. He was limp for a second if you look at his arms. It was a TKO stoppage, not a KO.

That was Lloyd's pist not my own. But w/e.
                                                                                                        By the "cleanest", I refer to a dropped straight down, out cold, unarguable KO. This wasn't one, hence this discussion obv,

Body language: not sure what your getting at tbh (haven't read every post ITT)
                                                                                                        The knockdown: Ducked into it and caught it in the side on the head (the ref said he followed through with his elbow but I'm not sure). It might not drop a guy everytime, buts it's pretty common. I'll try find a similar example later.
                                                                                                        The stoppage: 4 unanswered strikes to the side of the head. Pretty standard to get it stopped. Its up to the ref and there's no set criteria. Had he let it go on, 2 more seconds, it would have been 8-10 strikes to the head. The ref doesn't work for the UFC btw.
                                                                                                        Brock Lesnars KO of Randy Coture and Junior Dos Santos KO of Cain Velasquez were both very similar.

Wombat is defo trolling by the way or else just incredibly ignorant/stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by TheVelvetFog View Post
                                                                                                          Hi folks,

The missus turns 30 this coming Feb so have decided I'm going to bring her to Vegas as a pressie .

Just looking for some advise in general about booking etc.

Firstly, am I best going through a site like Expedia or the likes to book the whole lot together? If so, can anyone recommend the best site to use? Or should I wait till jan and try get a better price on flights in the sales? Negotiate directly with the hotel on room rates etc?(Heard this was possible given that lots of empty rooms that time of year?)

Secondly can anyone recommend a hotel on the strip for value and quality please? Don't mind paying a few quid extra if it's worth it.
                                                                                                          Booking.com or Hotels.com are always cheaper in my experience. Dont forget the $20 trick on check-in.

Check out Harrahs. It was a reasonable middle of the road hotel in a good location on the Strip.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                            Name of Satnav's Canvass site please?

Seen it mentioned and praised a few times.
                                                                                                            I think her canvas came from hellocanvas.ie. I would also recommend www.canvasartstudio.ie a mate of mine owns that and we've had a couple of things done by him now and are very happy with everything.

Comment

Satnav and Dobby battling it out for commission €€€.
                                                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                                Satnav and Dobby battling it out for commission €€€.
                                                                                                                I wish. He's Polish, the Polish are generally tight and he's a known really tight fucker on top of it. No chance. Just like to see a mate doing well.

While we're on the subject of recommendations, then for anyone visiting lolCork, The Kingsley hotel is a fantastic spot imo. Got a good rate for two nights €179 and they are very easy to deal with. Will definitely return.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                    7 matches sold out within the first week ; 4 at bigger venues, 3 at small venues. Looks like their pricing plan may work.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/29249771
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                    3 England games and the final at Twickenham.
                                                                                                                    Sandy park & Brighton Community Stadium?

The England games are sell outs regardless of prices. Other games. No chance
                                                                                                                    22 of the 48 games now oversubscribed.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                      22 of the 48 games now oversubscribed.
                                                                                                                      In very much the Garth Brooks' concert frame of mind about this.

RWC has managed to sell them all (and will be delighted), however I can see the second hand market being fairly flush.

Comment

One for Riggs

SPOILER

Comment

wannabe oneplusers

It's the 64gb version not the 16
                                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X