• Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPOILER
    Jannnet is alive, Arrrrrdden to be the new king pin

Comment

Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post
      SPOILER
      Don't follow it as closely as others but just assumed it was cos he did Janet no?
      SPOILER
      Don't think he had a part in her murder.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
        Hotspur, whats your breakfast show these days ?
        I don't have one atm, haven't since finishing Arrested Development's last season a couple of months ago. I could do with one though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
          Great potato chronicles oleras.
          Will you me turning this into a week long spudventure?
          It was just a weekend, 3 day thing from the start....back to sweet potato now...lol

We really should start a weekly recipe type thread, like the other place, enough of us here like to cook.
          This too shall pass.

Comment

Love fucking hate!
            SPOILER

Obviously the nidge shooting will be ambiguous, but they have form (darren in S1)
            When he kicked the bucket eventually, people still wondered if he'd be alive.
            Aido for kingpin would be gas, he's me cousin
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Love Hate & Sopranos spoilerooney
              SPOILER
              The Fran thing was very Sopranosy I thought, Vito got the oul pool cue up the gicker too

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                Does Fran
                SPOILER
                play snooker?

SPOILER
                He does in his hoop!
                SPOILER

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                  I don't have one atm, haven't since finishing Arrested Development's last season a couple of months ago. I could do with one though.
                  Parks and rec, start from season 2, i watched 1 and let it sitting for years, season 2 is where the funny starts and you dont miss anything really, also, 30 Rock...brilliant.
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                    2 brk grls
                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                      Love fucking hate!
                      SPOILER

Obviously the nidge shooting will be ambiguous, but they have form (darren in S1)
                      When he kicked the bucket eventually, people still wondered if he'd be alive.
                      Aido for kingpin would be gas, he's me cousin
                      SPOILER
                      Is he from Jobstown? My sister used to go out with a lad from up there (also an actor) and she said she used to hang out with Aido

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                        Honourable mention to a freezing cold Moro bar.
                        That's a great fucking shout. I haven't done that in years but I used to love them straight from being in a freezer for a little bit. Tomorrow is going to be a good day

Opr

Comment

SPOILER
                          Fran will be alive, other two could be too. Why doesn't he shoot him in the head ffs. Obv deliberate by the writers but keeping a secret in this country will be impossible. Where the fuck do they go from here and have it make sense. Madness.

The shoes make me think he is dead. The writer has been getting into foreshadowing and symbolism this series.
                          SPOILER

As for the shoes, it might point towards him being alive. The parallel was more between the copper whos shoes where falling apart and he was gluing them together (case falling apart and being patched with siobhans false testimony) vs the ego and wealth of the criminal world.

My theory, nidge lives, trish testifys against him based on siobhans story about janet, Fran gets out due to a loophole and janet's son kills nidge

SPOILER
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

SPOILER
                            Is he from Jobstown? My sister used to go out with a lad from up there (also an actor) and she said she used to hang out with Aido
                            Neilstown/Ballyer originally

Comment

SPOILER
                              Siobhan said to the copper "he has this bone and he could of been killed one time but it saved him" or something to that effect. Nidge lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                2 brk grls
                                Its too far ahead for most people, maybe in 20 years they will look back and realise they missed the new Monty python !
                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Love hate
                                  SPOILER
                                  i reckon any announcement they made about a season 6 was misdirection. Has to be over after that, don't see how there can be any doubt that nidge and siobhan are dead. Ps I don't know how a lot of the people on the lh the thread on boards manage to turn their computer on, absolute thicks

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                    SPOILER

As for the shoes, it might point towards him being alive. The parallel was more between the copper whos shoes where falling apart and he was gluing them together (case falling apart and being patched with siobhans false testimony) vs the ego and wealth of the criminal world.

My theory, nidge lives, trish testifys against him based on siobhans story about janet, Fran gets out due to a loophole and janet's son kills nidge

SPOILER
                                    SPOILER
                                    Forgot about the cops shoes.

You fucking beautiful genius DP.

Comment

Interstellar

SPOILER

Thought it was beyond ridiculous. I can suspend disbelief with the best of them when required, but that was just stupid. The main 'twist' about him being the ghost thing was obvious from fairly early on, and as soon as they first talked about the broken robot it was obvious Matt Damon was a bad guy/liar in it as well. Lots of other things to give out about, but I'll leave it at that. The music/tension noise was annoying as well.

Love/Hate

SPOILER

Surely both dead now. Nidge was shot in the heart with the last shot. Siobhan might survive, but she deserves to die for stupidity if nothing else the daft cow.

Comment

SPOILER
                                        Fran will be alive, other two could be too. Why doesn't he shoot him in the head ffs. Obv deliberate by the writers but keeping a secret in this country will be impossible. Where the fuck do they go from here and have it make sense. Madness.

The shoes make me think he is dead. The writer has been getting into foreshadowing and symbolism this series.
                                        SPOILER
                                        If season 6 gets a run, Nidge's kid kills the pikey imo

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                                        when will it be on RTE player anybody know?
                                        11:35

Comment

love/hate

SPOILER
                                          I actually hope the show ends on that note. I felt it hit its peak in season 3 and apart from some very good scenes its been on a downward spiral since.

Most of the characters stories were tied up and without taking on a whole new direction the show has run its course.

one plot hole thats annoying though is why was nidge's bodyguard not around for his beating from the cops or when he got shot?

Comment

It was just a weekend, 3 day thing from the start....back to sweet potato now...lol

We really should start a weekly recipe type thread, like the other place, enough of us here like to cook.
                                            I might have a potato in the fridge veg drawer.
                                            Will cook tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                              love/hate

SPOILER
                                              I actually hope the show ends on that note. I felt it hit its peak in season 3 and apart from some very good scenes its been on a downward spiral since.

Most of the characters stories were tied up and without taking on a whole new direction the show has run its course.

one plot hole thats annoying though is why was nidge's bodyguard not around for his beating from the cops or when he got shot?
                                              L/H

SPOILER
                                              That was annoying along with Fran not being mentioned by the cops straight away. The bodyguard not being around could easily be Terrence wanting Nidge unprotected.

Have we really been denied Nidge and Fran in the ultimate face off...

Maybe Tommy wakes up and it was all a dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                I might have a potato in the fridge veg drawer.
                                                Will cook tonight
                                                Hassleback if you can.
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Hassleback if you can.
                                                  lol, that's what I was planning .
                                                  Have to aim high in the spud side dish stakes

Comment

Put off by the iffy reviews for the Nexus 9 so bought an Nvidia Shield Tablet instead - $299 plus $60 tax here in NYC. Won't get to play with it until home but really looking forward to getting stuck in.

Comment

Just back from LA Galaxy game. They won 5-0 with Donovan scoring a hat trick and Robbie Keane scored 1 and had one assist. Robbie did play well but did have one cring worthy moment where he swiped at the ball and missed and fell over under no pressure whatsoever.

Galaxy fans we're amazing and would put a lot of english supporters to shame. They were very passionate and in full voice could hear them 10 miles away. Without doubt that was one of the most enjoyable soccer games I've been to (and I have been to a few!).

The stadium itself would put anfield to shame. Seats were were very comfortable and plenty of leg room, which I was greatful for. Have been to anfield for a game one time and hated it as wasn't able to sit down at all due to lack of leg room.

Anyhow, that is two of the sport codes I have now seen. I have to try and get an American football game in and baseball (shudder!) in. But really enjoy watching the clippers play so getting another one of their games is a priorty.
                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Yo have really widened their offering, you can get all manner of yo's now.

For example; you can get a yo when there are incoming fired missiles over Israel.
                                                        Or you can get yo's randomly with fml stories or yo's that sporadically send you a cute puppy pic.

...there must be some epic bant opportunities in
                                                        Israel between friends and family.

Comment

tgim

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                            Yo have really widened their offering, you can get all manner of yo's now.

For example; you can get a yo when there are incoming fired missiles over Israel.
                                                            Or you can get yo's randomly with fml stories or yo's that sporadically send you a cute puppy pic.

...there must be some epic bant opportunities in
                                                            Israel between friends and family.
                                                            Fuck that, phone drives me nuts beeping with all sorts of shit without that aswel Yo.

Comment

I can't stand Gunniess ads. Also surprised that I haven't heard anyone talk about how in their recent ad they mention 'beer' about 7 times. IIRC, there has always been a distinction drawn, a thumbing of the nose more so, that it is a 'stout' and should not be referred to as a 'beer'. I know it's splitting hairs, seems to be a shift in the marketing there, but sure why not.
                                                              Beer sales > Stout sales I imagine.

Fuck that, phone drives me nuts beeping with all sorts of shit without that aswel Yo.
                                                              Time to switch back to the nokia for 13 quid.
                                                              Regarding that beeper thing, is holding one's phone that big an issue for people? I can see the beeper thing being useful for people who are half way up a tv mast perhaps. I suppose it will have its uses.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                love/hate

SPOILER

SPOILER
                                                                Towards the start of last night's show, the bodyguard called to Nidge to tell him Terence wanted him (Nidge) to go to Spain that day. Nidge then twigged that the bodyguard was actually working for Terence and not Nidge.

From that point on last night, no sign of bodyguard. Don't think it was a plot hole as such, more a 'taster' of Nidge's isolation and his having to face his shooter alone.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                  Larry Wildman is still the greatest poster on it, he is their SOTS.
                                                                  He's very much leading the LVGOut bandwagon, basically wanted United to cut their losses after the opening day defeat to Swansea and has stuck with it.
                                                                  He's finding it tough to get supporters though.
                                                                  Permabanned now, their thread will become markedly less funny.

Comment

Love Hate

SPOILER
                                                                    TY for satisfying my urge to click on spoilers as I aint watched a single episode of it

Comment

Mega-spoiled on L/H by cunts reading the newspaper on the bus.
                                                                      Anyone who hasn't watched it yet probably needs to avoid well just about everything.
                                                                      I noticed even Icarus appeared to have a spoiler on bookface, disappointing from an erstwhile good egg.

Comment

Anyone who hasn't watched it yet probably needs to avoid well just about everything.
                                                                        I noticed even Icarus appeared to have a spoiler on bookface, disappointing from an erstwhile good egg.
                                                                        Had it spoilered on snap chat of all places sigh.

Comment

Front page news of the metro for weeks now. We need a war.

Comment

I wonder did BB, Got and The Wire get spoilered by the American press? Doubt it, LOL Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                              I wonder did BB, Got and The Wire get spoilered by the American press? Doubt it, LOL Ireland.
                                                                              Game of Thrones spoilers were pretty rampant after some fat guy write 5 whole books full of em.
                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

...
                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Oh ffs, if the show is important to you; it has huge viewership; it is a dramatic season finale then:

A) watch it live
                                                                                  B) expect to be spoilered if you don't
                                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Second part of enormous Aphex Twin interview http://noyzelab.blogspot.co.uk/2014/...ers-part2.html

Last Q + A is just perfect
                                                                                    dave: ok, so finally don’t you feel a bit guilty about pretending to be richard for this interview!?

rich: nah, rich asks me or couple of his other friends to do most of his press for him , don’t think he did any this time around!
                                                                                    i’ve done several email interviews for him in the past, so im used to it, he always says to say whatever the fuck you like and not even sure if he reads them, he usually gives me some good freebies, I got copy 02 of the Syro limited edition this time, which should be worth a few quid!
                                                                                    laters!
                                                                                    Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                      The first person to come up with a decent way of reheating pizza without turning it into a cardboard-like substance is surely going to be rich beyond their wildest dreams.
                                                                                      I find it grand, slightly chewier base. Have only tried it with Dominos.
                                                                                      I think your lollipop meds plan was better tbf.

Microtea maker is where the future.
                                                                                      Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 10-11-14, 11:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                        The first person to come up with a decent way of reheating pizza without turning it into a cardboard-like substance is surely going to be rich beyond their wildest dreams.
                                                                                        Put a small glass of water in the microwave with it when you're reheating it.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                          Oh ffs, if the show is important to you; it has huge viewership; it is a dramatic season finale then:

A) watch it live
                                                                                          Get off your horse, not everyone could watch it live for various reasons.
                                                                                          And taking reasonable normal sensible precautions against spoilers doesn't work for this programme, when you can be spoilered by someone beside you on the bus having the front page of The Star on their lap.

Putting the blame onto the person who didn't want it spoiled is a terrible attitude.

(Personally I'm ok with spoilers fwiw, being told X dies doesn't really bother me as am generally more interested in the narrative of what led up to their death.)

Comment

Has it been confirmed that there will be a season 6?

What are peoples top 3 Irish TV Shows of all time?

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

A) watch it live
                                                                                              I'd forgotten all about it but still would have liked to have watched it without spoilers, almost got through just got unlucky. TBF I did get to watch BB the next day unspoilered (and most other shows).
                                                                                              Last edited by Denny Crane; 10-11-14, 11:56.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post

1. 40 coats
                                                                                                  2. Leave it to Mrs O'Brien
                                                                                                  3. Murphy's Micro Quizm

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                    1. 40 coats
                                                                                                    3. Murphy's Micro Quizm
                                                                                                    No Bosco?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                      1. 40 coats
                                                                                                      3. Murphy's Micro Quizm
                                                                                                      You have quite a few years on me it seems

1. Reeling in the Years
                                                                                                      2. Roddy Doyles Family
                                                                                                      3. Love/Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Fiend View Post
                                                                                                        Second part of enormous Aphex Twin interview http://noyzelab.blogspot.co.uk/2014/...ers-part2.html

Last Q + A is just perfect
                                                                                                        dave: ok, so finally don’t you feel a bit guilty about pretending to be richard for this interview!?

rich: nah, rich asks me or couple of his other friends to do most of his press for him , don’t think he did any this time around!
                                                                                                        i’ve done several email interviews for him in the past, so im used to it, he always says to say whatever the fuck you like and not even sure if he reads them, he usually gives me some good freebies, I got copy 02 of the Syro limited edition this time, which should be worth a few quid!
                                                                                                        laters!
                                                                                                        Just finished it now. Lots more gear talk, most of which can be skipped. Few diamonds amongst the soundcloud links. Currently listening to:

That's an orchestral version of Rhubarb from Selected Ambient Works II, played backwards just because.

Very funny bit talking about how a piece of gear was ruined by the manufacturer releasing a software update that fixed the glitch. "The glitch was the best bit!".

Also notable that he deliberately made Syro very accessible in order to win new listeners, and that his next work will be much more challenging. Also there's apparently a bonus track on the Japanese release? Will have to find it.
                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

this wake up SAD lamp thing is awesome, first it sends me to sleep with wave sounds and then when I wake up from the light gradually coming on in the morning I'm instantly wide awake, no snooze for me! I'm a believer!

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post

It is undecided on Season 6 afaik.

1 - Glenroe

Not worth listing others.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                              this wake up SAD lamp thing is awesome, first it sends me to sleep with wave sounds and then when I wake up from the light gradually coming on in the morning I'm instantly wide awake, no snooze for me! I'm a believer!
                                                                                                              It is utterly impossible for a man of my generation to hear calming sea noises without going "Arrr Matey".

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

...

Comment

Have some Google Inbox invites, holler if you want one.

Comment

Comment

The Walking Dead

SPOILER
                                                                                                                      2 episodes of filler in a row again, it would be so much better if they developed all angles and stories in the same episode like GoT instead of focusing on one group for a whole episode. Daryl is back with Rick and all but we still haven't seen how he got back and what went down. Time skips left right and centre. Suck my cock.

Every season is following the same boring trend. Getting bored of it tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                        Have some Google Inbox invites, holler if you want one.
                                                                                                                        Me too probably, where do I send invites from?
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Cranberries lead singer Dolores O’Riordan allegedly assaults flight attendant, then reportedly head-butts cop
                                                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X