Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well my thinking would be it’s a long tournament and if we can’t take out the Scots we have no business being here. However if we take a few hits from the Boks who can be brutal in the tackle, we might start thinning the squad out a bit. This isn’t a MUST WIN game, so I wouldn’t treat is as such. Just my 2 cents. Just as well I’m not the manager .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
      Well my thinking would be it’s a long tournament and if we can’t take out the Scots we have no business being here. However if we take a few hits from the Boks who can be brutal in the tackle, we might start thinning the squad out a bit. This isn’t a MUST WIN game, so I wouldn’t treat is as such. Just my 2 cents. Just as well I’m not the manager .
      They have an additional week to recover for the Scotland game.
      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

They have an additional week to recover for the Scotland game.
        Not worried about the Scots game. Im worried about losing players needlessly . We are poised to win this whole thing. Like i said , glad im not manager , a few would be benched for this. As it stands it should be a great match

Comment

Hitch or Zuutroy come to mind to answer this but if anyone else knows, I’d appreciate it.

I’m being limited to download one chapter of a book every 3-4 months from SAGE leads me to evelavte.talis (if that’s familiar). It’s from an active uni account so just a limitation for everyone.

Hard copy is like 80e which I’d prefer not to pay but likely will need at least 2-3 more chapters.

Is there any way around that?

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
            Hitch or Zuutroy come to mind to answer this but if anyone else knows, I’d appreciate it.

I’m being limited to download one chapter of a book every 3-4 months from SAGE leads me to evelavte.talis (if that’s familiar). It’s from an active uni account so just a limitation for everyone.

Hard copy is like 80e which I’d prefer not to pay but likely will need at least 2-3 more chapters.

No way of obtaining it from the high seas?
            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

None of that means anything to me, sorry!

Comment

Scihub? Although that's more for articles than books.

Pm the book title and I'll see if I have access..

Comment

Gods help me I'm stuck in the office beside a guy who won't stop clearing his fucking throat
                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                    Gods help me I'm stuck in the office beside a guy who won't stop clearing his fucking throat
                    We have one of them, and it's done in like a rhythmic cascade each time Ahuh hm hmm hmmmm.

Offer them water or a lozenge
                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

For me, it is a must win game.

South Africa are reigning champions. You want to beat them, you want to lay down a marker. You want to continue to build momentum, to keep that confidence, belief and spirit in the camp.

Professional players want to be the best and beat the best. If we rest players and lose, it opens up questions, what if we had of played X, Y & Z, could we have won> it brings doubt into their mind set. It set the wrong tone in the camp.

Go out with your best team, win and and it stands to you.

Comment

If you can choose the chapter to download, then ask a couple of other with accounts to download the chapters you want? They should be able to get one each. Unless it doesn't work that way.

Comment

libgen seems to have everything. share the name and i'll check if you want

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I don't know if your fellow cheese-eating surrender monkeys were just being polite but everyone we met in our 10 days was saying the same. I think it's a fairly universal sentiment between Irish and French fans! i.e. if we don't win, we hope you do.

Well, he is 107 years old so a few bruises are to be expected.

Just looking forward to a big day and night.
                            The 2 best teams in the world who haven't won it but deserve to. You guys for the first time, and we should have at least once but were denied by the worst refereeing performance in a final in the history of the tournament (i'm not bitter, Joubert you useless sold out cunt of a man).

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

If you can choose the chapter to download, then ask a couple of other with accounts to download the chapters you want? They should be able to get one each. Unless it doesn't work that way.
                              Stop making so much sense. I thought the same afterwards, stupid for not thinking ahead but I just went through everything earlier and downloaded what I needed.

Thanks Shrap, I’ll drop you a message too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

For me, it is a must win game.

South Africa are reigning champions. You want to beat them, you want to lay down a marker. You want to continue to build momentum, to keep that confidence, belief and spirit in the camp.

Professional players want to be the best and beat the best. If we rest players and lose, it opens up questions, what if we had of played X, Y & Z, could we have won> it brings doubt into their mind set. It set the wrong tone in the camp.

Go out with your best team, win and and it stands to you.

Must win ? Dont see it that way but unfortunately i t hink we'll go that route hope if we do treat it with Ego like that i hope we beat them without the expected damage that will incur . We forget how poxed we are as a country in major finals zero luck.

Comment

Must win ? Dont see it that way but unfortunately i t hink we'll go that route hope if we do treat it with Ego like that i hope we beat them without the expected damage that will incur . We forget how poxed we are as a country in major finals zero luck.
                                  a good example of that was the end of season this year for Leinster. they put a weak team out against Munster for the league and lost, and they then managed lose the champions cup final when absolutely crushing la rochelle at half time. Considering Ireland is pretty much Leinster in green, their confidence took a big knock there. Destroying everyone and winning every game is the only way forward at this stage.

Comment

Happy to help with whatever you need if I can. Just let me know what you need and I'll have a gander at the college library

Comment

That's kinda how I get through a book.
                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

a good example of that was the end of season this year for Leinster. they put a weak team out against Munster for the league and lost, and they then managed lose the champions cup final when absolutely crushing la rochelle at half time. Considering Ireland is pretty much Leinster in green, their confidence took a big knock there. Destroying everyone and winning every game is the only way forward at this stage.
                                        Dunnu. Id give la Rochelle credit there . What happened last year then ? Dont get me wrong , the keep winning route is nice . Sure looks like we are going all out for victory. Just hope the boks dont wreck certain players . Jaysus imgine we win the thing im taking mystery guest out for beers if he'll come

Comment

Only 11 runners in the $550 sat for a guaranteed seat in the $10,300 8-game on Stars tonight with 5 mins left to reg. Sorely tempted!

Comment

Champions beat champions
                                            Steel sharpens steel as they say.
                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Saturday's game is the de facto final of the competition and will be just as important to each team to win. Will be very difficult for the defeated team to get past France in a QF.
                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

The last book i read was some Dan Brown Jesus, Holy Mary, Scotland blood line thing. Well over 10 years ago i would guess.

With all the Stephen King talk last week, brother is a big fan, got a loan of Doctor Sleep on his recommendation...lets see.
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

The last book i read was some Dan Brown Jesus, Holy Mary, Scotland blood line thing. Well over 10 years ago i would guess.

With all the Stephen King talk last week, brother is a big fan, got a loan of Doctor Sleep on his recommendation...lets see.
                                                  Were you at that Mark Normand gig on Monday?. Worst thing I've ever been to ( including both Papal visits, and every Paddy's day parade). Embarrassed for him.
                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

We're going to trash them with consummate ease.
                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Were you at that Mark Normand gig on Monday?. Worst thing I've ever been to ( including both Papal visits, and every Paddy's day parade). Embarrassed for him.
                                                      Yes, sitting next to 2 coked up young guys constantly "over laughing" and shouting his catch phrase, got old pretty soon.

His set really let him down, even touring a show that is only half written is a bit cheeky, remember seeing Jack Whitehall a few years ago same venue and his tickets were 20 quid i think, because it was a try out show.

Was chatting to someone and we both agreed, Berts set was just Ok earlier this year, dont think i would bother forking out again, as for Tommy boy....outstanding show.

Its a long old trek for me from Limerick also, I go to KK first, brother lives there, thats 1.40hr, then drive to Dublin, 1.5hrs and do it all again the next morning....as well as feck all open at 11.20pm on a monday night up there....I wont mention the €8.50 pints...
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Dunnu. Id give la Rochelle credit there . What happened last year then ? Dont get me wrong , the keep winning route is nice . Sure looks like we are going all out for victory. Just hope the boks dont wreck certain players . Jaysus imgine we win the thing im taking mystery guest out for beers if he'll come
                                                        only pints I’ll be drinking if they win is cyanide.
                                                        it would be to me what sun fein winning a GE would be to strewed.
                                                        Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

only pints I’ll be drinking if they win is cyanide.
                                                            it would be to me what sun fein winning a GE would be to strewed.
                                                            That bad eh ? Ah here its not worth losing a life. Hope we lose so.

Comment

PSV

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                Rob Mercer got a lot of coverage around the WSOP and managed to pull off a pretty huge con but the truth always comes out

Poeple have been refunded by GoFundMe for this. Ive no idea how that works. They refund and chase him for the money? Thats some wedge to owe

Comment

GoFindMe

Comment

I’m hearing the U.N have called for a halt to tonight’s RWC match in Marseilles
                                                                    Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Hopefully Dupont is OK, that was some bang he took.

Comment

So one of the tournaments stars potentially out because of an injury from some lad from a team who had no business being at the World Cup - madness

Comment

Saw you in Java today. You looked like you were in a quite a pensive conversation so didn't want to butt in and say hello.

Comment

Saw you in Java today. You looked like you were in a quite a pensive conversation so didn't want to butt in and say hello.
                                                                            Ah, I'll never be in a conversation with anyone important enough that a butt in from you wouldn't be welcomed my dude.

Comment

Gotta hand it to those plucky Namibians. A lesser team without the big heart would have lost 200 to zip.

Comment

Gotta hand it to those plucky Namibians. A lesser team without the big heart would have lost 200 to zip.
                                                                                The BBV revenge for me proclaiming Trump is toast 100 times. Now i get it.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                                  So one of the tournaments stars potentially out because of an injury from some lad from a team who had no business being at the World Cup - madness
                                                                                  Its quite insane

Comment

The BBV revenge for me proclaiming Trump is toast 100 times. Now i get it.
                                                                                    That’s not how the BBV reverso works. That revenge will come when Trump is untoasted into the White House next year.

Comment

Hopefully Dupont is OK, that was some bang he took.
                                                                                      looks like he's out for at least 4 weeks with a fractured orbital (although medical staff are waiting for the swelling to come down before giving a clear diagnostic). FFS! I don't think we win without him, he's that important.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

looks like he's out for at least 4 weeks with a fractured orbital (although medical staff are waiting for the swelling to come down before giving a clear diagnostic). FFS! I don't think we win without him, he's that important.
                                                                                        Desperate news, for France obviously but also anyone who loves the game. Hopefully it's not as bad as feared.

Comment

Its stunning the lack of foresight . Plan to win a WC means managing your star players . This was dumb

Comment

Its stunning the lack of foresight . Plan to win a WC means managing your star players . This was dumb
                                                                                            It's a fine line between managing your squad and leaving the frontliners short of game time. I'd say unlucky rather than dumb - there wasn't any malice in the tackle either imo, just bad timing.

Now go back to wibbling about the game tomorrow ya big chicken.

Comment

Namibia players will treasure that hammering in years to come, and can apply the learnings well. Of course the learnings were of the "that's learn them" type.

Comment

Any recs for attic insulation? Not looking for the spray on foam stuff

Comment

Maybe email me the name and I'll try to track it down - guess you still have my email (think I only have your former uni email)?
                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

It's a fine line between managing your squad and leaving the frontliners short of game time. I'd say unlucky rather than dumb - there wasn't any malice in the tackle either imo, just bad timing.

Now go back to wibbling about the game tomorrow ya big chicken.
                                                                                                    There is zero fine line , are you mad. Once you have your bonus point roatate. Baffling listening to so called Rugby experts . Its a group campaign not a knockout at this stage. It's one debate i hope to dramatically lose though .

Sexton would be benched in my plan

Comment

There is zero fine line , are you mad. Once you have your bonus point roatate. Baffling listening to so called Rugby experts . Its a group campaign not a knockout at this stage. It's one debate i hope to dramatically lose though .

Sexton would be benched in my plan
                                                                                                      Need a big red chicken emoji.

Comment

Happy Friday. I'd go full Russel on this one.

FB_IMG_1695375440465.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                                          Namibia players will treasure that hammering in years to come, and can apply the learnings well. Of course the learnings were of the "that's learn them" type.
                                                                                                          Yup - put one of the potential players of the tournament back in his box.
                                                                                                          memories to tell the grandkids for for sure- making a major impact on the tournament.
                                                                                                          who would want to deny these guys an experience like that

Comment

She'll never be able to get a proper job with those tats.

Comment

The video, and the replies are pretty worrying alright.
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                She'll never be able to get a proper job with those tats.
                                                                                                                Saw a lad in the shop this morning with tatoos all over his face and neck. Normal enough looking fella otherwise.

Dopey fucking eejit.

Comment

Saw a lad in the shop this morning with tatoos all over his face and neck. Normal enough looking fella otherwise.

Dopey fucking eejit.
                                                                                                                  I'd say 50% of French folks under 40 have tats (based on my highly unscientific observations).

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

The video, and the replies are pretty worrying alright.
                                                                                                                    Do you think the kick to the head was a bit of an overreaction?
                                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

The future of rugby is in good hands. I'm subbing in a school for an absent PE teacher today and have a lad in from the local rugby club here teaching kids how to play. Me, who had never held a rugby ball before this morning Good craic all the same with mad 1st years running round the place.

Comment

Do you think the kick to the head was a bit of an overreaction?
                                                                                                                        I'd have gone for a good stamp on the hand before the nuclear option of a head kick. Trying to touch someone like that is just fuckin creepy. Head kick is overkill. Both morons.

Comment

I guess the issue is why an Irish Freedom Party loving twitterati cares? Like there's all manner of stuff that happens on the Luas every single day. So presumably its because the person is trans that it is considered postworthy. Unless maybe they also post the incredibly higher number of fucked up things that are done by non-trans people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X