Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The park is quite the warzone this am, I slept through Betty but it appears she was quite the rambunctious guest.

Pray for the leafy suburbs.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Good thing Hitch wasn’t on the Letby jury
      Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

20m Oak tree came down in my garden last night.
        Cheers Betty.

Came up by the roots
        leaving an almost perfectly circular 2 metre crater.

On the upside we now have
        a clear view of Three Rock mountain in the distance.
        On the downside, to misquote Chief Brody,
        we're going to need a bigger saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          Feel we're not at the races in Ireland in terms of breakfasts compared to the epicness that is American breakfasts.
          Denny's or iHop?
          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Radio gold. Two of them in it but my goodness Joe's is some insufferable prick.......

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

I never particularly liked or disliked him up until Covid Watched a few episodes of LLS then and before (but not a regular viewer) but got the impression he felt he was some sort of spokesperson or a sort of cheer leader of the nation or something of that ilk. Then irritated me a bit.
              Does anyone still watch the LLS?

It's pure garbage and has been for at least 25 years. The days when Gaybo subtly used it to reflect real societal issues are long gone. The LLS and indeed RTE itself are pretty much irrelevant imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Does anyone still watch the LLS?

It's pure garbage and has been for at least 25 years. The days when Gaybo subtly used it to reflect real societal issues are long gone. The LLS and indeed RTE itself are pretty much irrelevant imo.

AKA the "Nathan Carter Show"

Actually don't even have a TV now yet am getting regular TV licence inspections and letters informing me they can detect I do have a TV lol. And kindly offering me the option of if I don't have a TV (which is confusing given they have DETECTED I do) to fill out a form declaring I dont (in which case I assume they get a refund on their faulty TV detecting gear)

Given these letters are addressed to "Dear Occupant" I prefer my option of not giving a flying fuck

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                  20m Oak tree came down in my garden last night.
                  Cheers Betty.

Came up by the roots
                  leaving an almost perfectly circular 2 metre crater.

On the upside we now have
                  a clear view of Three Rock mountain in the distance.
                  On the downside, to misquote Chief Brody,
                  we're going to need a bigger saw.

assume the house is > 20 metres from said tree and you are not posting from a branch entangled living room!

Hardwood makes good firewood once you dry it out

Comment

I like the way they ask how you want your eggs done in the US, doesn't matter if it's a highway diner or a more upmarket brunch spot. Here you rarely get asked and always get a little bit more than "easy over" but not quite "over medium" or just plain cremated.
                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                      I like the way they ask how you want your eggs done in the US, doesn't matter if it's a highway diner or a more upmarket brunch spot. Here you rarely get asked and always get a little bit more than "easy over" but not quite "over medium" or just plain cremated.
                      Scrambled is usually the safer option.
                      As long as its not a microwave job
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Fuck me - RWC is 8 sep to 28 oct- huge stretches in group stage with no real competitive games - what a joke- cap it at 16 and maybe it would be less of a joke
                        Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Fuck me - RWC is 8 sep to 28 oct- huge stretches in group stage with no real competitive games - what a joke- cap it at 16 and maybe it would be less of a joke

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Scrambled is usually the safer option.
                            As long as its not a microwave job
                            Scrambled has to be the nut low egg option.

Comment

The Missus got a phone call last night from home. Her cousin (who lives in Australia also) had died. He apparently told his sister he had cancer a few months ago. But other than that nobody heard from him lately. A bit if a contrary sort.
                              While she’s on the phone, I see a flashlight at the gate. Go out and it’s two cops - here to let her know that he was founds at home as she’s closest thing to a next of kin. Details of what happened are still tbc. How long he was dead, how he died. There’ll be some sort of investigation.
                              She’ll possibly have to go to the morgue to identify the body - a bit apprehensive about given the unknown timeframe. But utterly clueless as to how to sort out the general affairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                The Missus got a phone call last night from home. Her cousin (who lives in Australia also) had died. He apparently told his sister he had cancer a few months ago. But other than that nobody heard from him lately. A bit if a contrary sort.
                                While she’s on the phone, I see a flashlight at the gate. Go out and it’s two cops - here to let her know that he was founds at home as she’s closest thing to a next of kin. Details of what happened are still tbc. How long he was dead, how he died. There’ll be some sort of investigation.
                                She’ll possibly have to go to the morgue to identify the body - a bit apprehensive about given the unknown timeframe. But utterly clueless as to how to sort out the general affairs.
                                Yikes - strange situation, GL. I'm sure the cops will tell you what the next steps are.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

Do it slowly, moving it on and off the heat and they will be delicious. My #1 egg option.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

assume the house is > 20 metres from said tree and you are not posting from a branch entangled living room!

Hardwood makes good firewood once you dry it out
                                    So if I leave it lying in the sun for a while it'll transform into a beautiful walkway?

Comment

Engerlish National Anthem very offensive.

Time to update it .

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                        If you are bringing him home, Kevin Bell trust are very good at sorting all the logistics around that. Dept of Foreign affairs will also assign a liaison for you.
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

When my daughter is asked how she'd like her eggs for breakfast
                                          the correct response is .....
                                          unfertilised.

Comment

Do it slowly, moving it on and off the heat and they will be delicious. My #1 egg option.
                                            This + try using a tablespoon of creme fraiche for two eggs instead of butter and milk.
                                            It should take >10 minutes to cook two eggs and ideally you'll never stop stirring.
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Remember some chef saying the most heat needed to scramble eggs would be a candle flame.

Made them like SP ^ a few times but the wife doesnt like them too loose.
                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

What was Hitch and RD3's bet about the war again?
                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Fried>poached>boiled>omelette(pref french style)>scrambled.

Comment

I'm Slovenia at the moment. Read a lot of hype about their wines and after a lot of research, I'm unconvinced. They're eh, distinctive.

​​​​​​
                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 19-08-23, 19:54.

Comment

Unique choice

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

This + try using a tablespoon of creme fraiche for two eggs instead of butter and milk.
                                                          It should take >10 minutes to cook two eggs and ideally you'll never stop stirring.
                                                          No matter what you do to scrambled eggs, as soon as they get within an inch of my tongue I start to wretch.

Have performed this involuntary trick manys the time. Hangovers add to the drama of course. Fuck scrambled brains.

Poached eggs surely FTW - refined and elegant. Max runny yolk and cooked white. Mind you, they're too much hassle and I never order 'em or make them. It's 80% fried and 20% boiled for me.

Do people ever eat chick and eggs at the same time? That always seemed very weird to me and a bit of a no-no.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                              Well he can just fuck off

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                I'm Slovenia at the moment. Read a lot of hype about their wines and after a lot of research, I'm unconvinced. They're eh, distinctive.

​​​​​​
                                                                Basically Friuli whites and eh, don't know what sort of reds. Guessing that pinot style you get in Germany and Czechia?

Comment

Library Street was a bit of a mixed bag. Some very good (pork chop, quail, the infamous sweetheart cabbage) and some weird (drowning some perfectly good oysters with verjus, really acidic peppers, bizarre dessert). Good vibes and service though. Wouldn't be rushing back.

Comment

2 different Dutch athletes falling over in the last 5 metres of races when challenging for the win, strange opening night.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

No matter what you do to scrambled eggs, as soon as they get within an inch of my tongue I start to wretch.

Have performed this involuntary trick manys the time. Hangovers add to the drama of course. Fuck scrambled brains.

Poached eggs surely FTW - refined and elegant. Max runny yolk and cooked white. Mind you, they're too much hassle and I never order 'em or make them. It's 80% fried and 20% boiled for me.

Do people ever eat chick and eggs at the same time? That always seemed very weird to me and a bit of a no-no.
                                                                      Quite common in a club sandwich
                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                        2 different Dutch athletes falling over in the last 5 metres of races when challenging for the win, strange opening night.
                                                                        And neither were touched, they both went down over stretching themselves when being passed.

Comment

Kinda sad that most including myself will take a few beats to figure out what you’re on about
                                                                          what channel is it even on these days
                                                                          used to be a summer staple up there with Wimbledon etc

Comment

And both were vaccinated. Im no conspiracy nutjob but hey.

Comment

I only found out today that this Las Ketchup tune was about the Sugarhill Gangs rappers delight

Comment

As per above post

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

Kinda sad that most including myself will take a few beats to figure out what you’re on about
                                                                                  what channel is it even on these days
                                                                                  used to be a summer staple up there with Wimbledon etc
                                                                                  Actually on Irish TV for the week (TV3 or VM whatever they call themselves). And the usual BBC/Eurosport coverage.
                                                                                  I think it stopped being a 'staple' because so many recent editions have been in difficult time-zones. We kinda got spoiled in the early years when it was always Europe.
                                                                                  Back to Tokyo in 2 years time when it'll pass me by unwatched again.

Comment

Spoon of sour cream and some chives

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

I often wonder if its fun being Hectorjelly.
                                                                                      .

IMG_20230811_184506_1.jpg

Comment

100% wrong.
                                                                                        Scrambled done properly are orgasmic
                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Popped down to Anna Maria Island today and after that you'd be hard-pressed to disagree with the very fat guy on a mobility scooter in Disney the other day wearing a t-shirt saying "Make America Florida". The other half live quite fantastic lives here.

133C676C-9C8E-4C26-A0D9-F6B13DD27FE8.jpg
                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Last night was a dodgy Mexican restaurant in a strip of shops consisting of a weed shop, a dodgy massage place, and a pawn shop. The restaurant looked like a scene out of Better Call Saul.

Tortilla chip soup and tacos that were out of this world. Like just made flavour. They brought a plate of chips and salsa to get started and I've no idea how they got that much flavour into those two basic things.

And everyone is just so friendly. It's some place. The tipping is madness though. wtf is with tipping on takeaway food. Think we tipped a fiver earlier for a few cones because the big screen had the suggested tip highlighted.
                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                              QUOTE

Who's the Irish lad impersonating a Pancho Villa 'tache?

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                If you are bringing him home, Kevin Bell trust are very good at sorting all the logistics around that. Dept of Foreign affairs will also assign a liaison for you.
                                                                                                The missus was aware of the thrust. Put his siblings at home in contact to arrange transport. The buddy should he straight forward once released.
                                                                                                The trickier part will be selling his house, settling mortgage and any debts and affairs. While she was a stand in for next of kin, I assume she’s have no legal power/control of the estate.
                                                                                                Bizarrely an ex-girlfriend of the cousin has materialised looking for access to the house. Could be harmless, but I think piss off is the appropriate response regardless

Comment

Insanity.
                                                                                                  If your scrambled eggs are that bad, you’re overcooking them. Fried ahead of poached is also questionable.

This has cast serious doubts on the earlier “can cook steak better than any restaurant” claim.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

Is it full figuredgrant Thornton lads in suits together in a scrum with Irish rugby players
                                                                                                    johnathan sexton in a muddy bloodstained rugby jersey Giving an inspirational speech in a grant Thornton board room
                                                                                                    grant Thornton lads in suits and Johnny sexton (plus cian healy) charging through a heavily mined Ukrainian field to attack a Russian tank battalion?
                                                                                                    sexton and grant Thornton lads respecting a referee harder then he’s ever been respected before?
                                                                                                    Close, but it's American football.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Close, but it's American football.
                                                                                                      Have you made it to Bled?

How did you like Ljubljana?
                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                        The tipping is madness though. wtf is with tipping on takeaway food. Think we tipped a fiver earlier for a few cones because the big screen had the suggested tip highlighted.
                                                                                                        In Vegas, the automated check-out in CVS had a suggested tip of 20% lol.

Comment

Actually on Irish TV for the week (TV3 or VM whatever they call themselves). And the usual BBC/Eurosport coverage.
                                                                                                          I think it stopped being a 'staple' because so many recent editions have been in difficult time-zones. We kinda got spoiled in the early years when it was always Europe.
                                                                                                          Back to Tokyo in 2 years time when it'll pass me by unwatched again.
                                                                                                          Is Adeleke going to win? Final is on Wednesday evening I think, assuming she makes it.

Comment

In Vegas, the automated check-out in CVS had a suggested tip of 20% lol. Where are you?
                                                                                                            That is insane, CVS is a pharmacy isn't it, who gets the money?

Comment

Well he can just fuck off

Posted because it has gone massively viral and it has obviously hit a nerve. The song has almost 30m views in less than a week.

It’s been difficult as I browse through the 50,000+ messages and emails I’ve received in the last week. The stories that have been shared paint a brutally honest picture. Suicide, addiction, unemployment, anxiety and depression, hopelessness and the list goes on.

Im sitting in such a weird place in my life right now. I never wanted to be a full time musician, much less sit at the top of the iTunes charts. Draven from RadioWv and I filmed these tunes on my land with the hope that it may hit 300k views. I still don’t quite believe what has went on since we uploaded that. It’s just strange to me.

People in the music industry give me blank stares when I brush off 8 million dollar offers. I don’t want 6 tour buses, 15 tractor trailers and a jet. I don’t want to play stadium shows, I don’t want to be in the spotlight. I wrote the music I wrote because I was suffering with mental health and depression. These songs have connected with millions of people on such a deep level because they’re being sung by someone feeling the words in the very moment they were being sung. No editing, no agent, no bullshit. Just some idiot and his guitar. The style of music that we should have never gotten away from in the first place.

So that being said, I have never taken the time to tell you who I actually am. Here’s a formal introduction:

My legal name is Christopher Anthony Lunsford. My grandfather was Oliver Anthony, and “Oliver Anthony Music” is a dedication not only to him, but 1930′s Appalachia where he was born and raised. Dirt floors, seven kids, hard times. At this point, I’ll gladly go by Oliver because everyone knows me as such. But my friends and family still call me Chris. You can decide for yourself, either is fine.

In 2010, I dropped out of high school at age 17. I have a GED from Spruce Pine, NC. I worked multiple plant jobs in Western NC, my last being at the paper mill in McDowell county. I worked 3rd shift, 6 days a week for $14.50 an hour in a living hell. In 2013, I had a bad fall at work and fractured my skull. It forced me to move back home to Virginia. Due to complications from the injury, it took me 6 months or so before I could work again.

From 2014 until just a few days ago, I’ve worked outside sales in the industrial manufacturing world. My job has taken me all over Virginia and into the Carolinas, getting to know tens of thousands of other blue collar workers on job sites and in factories. Ive spent all day, everyday, for the last 10 years hearing the same story. People are SO damn tired of being neglected, divided and manipulated.

In 2019, I paid $97,500 for the property and still owe about $60,000 on it. I am living in a 27′ camper with a tarp on the roof that I got off of craigslist for $750.

There’s nothing special about me. I’m not a good musician, I’m not a very good person. I’ve spent the last 5 years struggling with mental health and using alcohol to drown it. I am sad to see the world in the state it’s in, with everyone fighting with each other. I have spent many nights feeling hopeless, that the greatest country on Earth is quickly fading away.

That being said, I HATE the way the Internet has divided all of us. The Internet is a parasite, that infects the minds of humans and has their way with them. Hours wasted, goals forgotten, loved ones sitting in houses with each other distracted all day by technology made by the hands of other poor souls in sweat shops in a foreign land.

When is enough, enough? When are we going to fight for what is right again? MILLIONS have died protecting the liberties we have. Freedom of speech is such a precious gift. Never in world history has the world had the freedom it currently does. Don’t let them take it away from you.

Just like those once wandering in the desert, we have lost our way from God and have let false idols distract us and divide us. It’s a damn shame.

Comment

The song sparked a debate on the All-in pod about why it has hit such a nerve. Listening to four millionaires discuss this issue is downright hilarious. They brought up the below chart and somehow justified it by saying the real question is can someone move from one line to the other? The chart is showing that a teacher earning 30-60k is still earning that amount 20-30 years later. Inflation has cannibalized them and their answer is they should look to move through the lines

Chamuth at least was honest. He was basically like we shouldn't give a fuck, we are the ones that drive innovation and progress and that is ultimately what is important and should be rewarded.

It is hard to know whether to laugh or cry listening to them.

Comment

Spain by far the better team here imo, hope they hang on ftw.

Not sure if I am the target audience for this match but my two daughters are bouncing around the kitchen listening to K-Pop so guess I will have to do.

Comment

Spain by far the better team here imo, hope they hang on ftw.

Not sure if I am the target audience for this match but my two daughters are bouncing around the kitchen listening to K-Pop so guess I will have to do.
                                                                                                                    So many MISS kicks . Boom tish

Commentary- Blonde girl with ponytail passes to blondgirl with ponytail , chipped into the box and blonde girl with ponytail miss kicks .

Comment

Posted because it has gone massively viral and it has obviously hit a nerve. The song has almost 30m views in less than a week.
                                                                                                                      Hmmm.... Interesting statement, Taking his statement at face value I wish him the best of luck and hope he finds a way to use his freedom of speech and new found power wisely.

On the other hand for a lad so worried about division he did write a song blaming the Yankees for all the troubles of the south.

Comment

Hmmm.... Interesting statement, Taking his statement at face value I wish him the best of luck and hope he finds a way to use his freedom of speech and new found power wisely.

On the other hand for a lad so worried about division he did write a song blaming the Yankees for all the troubles of the south.
                                                                                                                        The line 'Rich men north of Richmound' presumably refers to politicians in Washington.

Comment

The line 'Rich men north of Richmound' presumably refers to politicians in Washington.
                                                                                                                          Did Rogan blow that dude up during the week by sharing that song or had he already been trending?

Amazing the influence one person can have on say an artist or establishment.
                                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X