This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Degag View Post
    Did lads mention good food options around o connell / parnell st before? Any recommendations?
    Pho kim on parnel, aobaba, musashi, brother hubbard on capel st

Comment

When art no longer requires a brilliant mind* it becomes boring.

This stuff is absolutely astounding right now, because of how mind bendingly novel it is. That will pass.

​​Yeah maybe we'll enjoy AI art, AI music, I'm sure we will, and new creative ways of using it will emerge, but if opr can bang together gallery quality art in two minutes something is absolutely and definitely lost.

*not to say you don't have a brilliant mind opr, but I'm sure you know what I mean.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

This stuff is absolutely astounding right now, because of how mind bendingly novel it is. That will pass.

​​Yeah maybe we'll enjoy AI art, AI music, I'm sure we will, and new creative ways of using it will emerge, but if opr can bang together gallery quality art in two minutes something is absolutely and definitely lost.

*not to say you don't have a brilliant mind opr, but I'm sure you know what I mean.
          The ethos of modern art (which is about 160 years old now!) has been that since we've already perfected the techniques, it's the ideas and concepts behind the art that take have taken centre stage. It's unlikely that a new tool is going to stop people from being interested in art, it will just change what art is.

Comment

A considerable portion of humans give what they listen to and look at very little thought. This doesn't make them bad people, they are just busy and preoccupied with more important things, or their interests lie elsewhere. Creative endeavour exists on a spectrum, from outputs that are genuinely innovative and extraordinary to those that are mere mundane imitations.. The latter is dead. There will be no need to grind out low-level paint/music by the numbers anymore. All that low-level corporate work will be replaced. And we no longer need to create Z league imitative music or film.

Now that doesn't sound so terminal. Creative "grunt work" will be replaced by ai. And one may say: 'Is that sort of creative labour really "creative" by definition?' The answer is probably no. This was kind of the theory behind the music industry over the past quarter century: music executives can no longer create artists. People can listen to whatever they want, so only brilliant artists who build live followings can thrive, and that sounds like a good and fair deal. This view is hotly debated and disputed, but suffice it to say there are questions about whether music is more innovative and more diverse than it was before Napster.

There's also the question to be asked about why we would want to replace this aspect of human labour. There will be people out there who enjoy their work producing low-level artistic outputs. And it's not just the most perfunctory aspects of creative endeavour that will be replaced, of course. Ai is coming for most of it. So we're going to have a situation where you have to be cutting edge as an artistic human to be able to continue doing what you do and be gainfully remunerated for it. But once you innovate something, it passes into the learning models, is consumed by Ai, and is no longer "new" or "human".

'But Lloyd, what about the prompters? What about the exciting new stream of artistic expression you can't even imagine where a man talks to a machine, and they work together to create "art"?' Well, look, YMMV on this, but part of the beauty of art for me is that grind. The band burrows away in the studio and painstakingly manipulates sounds and mixes to hew the finished product. The painter plays around with paints and materials, and methods. Yes, we've been automating away aspects of this for decades (and artists sometimes choose to eschew those tools), but once again, the bit we're replacing this time is the judgement rather than the task. The artist/prompter will ask the machine to do something, and the machine will make a lot of calls about what to use and how to stitch it together that would once have been marvelled at as human creativity. And often, we won't really understand how the machine got there. So the prompter will have to painstakingly interrogate the machine to try and unpick that and then insert their preference. But that preference or technique will then become available to everyone else.

And most people won't care. All of this sounds incredibly grim to me, but we'll simply be told that if humans don't value a more "authentic" approach, then the free market has spoken. Maybe I'll be wrong, but we're off to a bad start with these Ai rip off of hugely popular artists like Drake. The omens are poor imo...
            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

If AI speeds up the diagnosis of the many illnesses I'll forgive it for it's imitation of inkling of an inkling of an Ido .

Could AI tear at your heartstrings due to it's personal trauma . It might try but ....

Comment

Golf caddies need to get another job soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

The ethos of modern art (which is about 160 years old now!) has been that since we've already perfected the techniques, it's the ideas and concepts behind the art that take have taken centre stage. It's unlikely that a new tool is going to stop people from being interested in art, it will just change what art is.
                  That's fine, and I agree, but Hitch posted up a review recently of Supermacs written in the unmistakable style of a deceased Anthony Bourdain.

Modern art has been created by brilliant outlier people, not lads on a laptop on their lunchbreak.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                    If AI speeds up the diagnosis of the many illnesses I'll forgive it for it's imitation of inkling of an inkling of an Ido .

Could AI tear at your heartstrings due to it's personal trauma . It might try but ....
                    Cure disease and solve complex societal problems, fuck the fuck off away from art IMHO.

Comment

And I know I'm the guy in the 1880s saying recording is the death of music but fuck it, I don't like it.

Comment

And I know I'm the guy in the 1880s saying recording is the death of music but fuck it, I don't like it.
                        Name change to Lazuddite pls
                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

GFYL

Just for contrast to what I posted earlier. Here are some that I spent a little more time coaxing into something that I imagined in my head from the general theme that I will post above. Something a little lost in the conversation above is my enjoyment of making these.

"When there is blood in the street buy"

"Living inside my head"

"Connection"

Comment

The world is becoming a giant MEME . We are an interesting experiment by someone. A docile population playing with new toys . Pull up a chair , should be fireworks.

Comment

image_5285.png My personal Picasso of a cat on skateboard is one of my favourite paintings!

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Name change to Lazuddite pls

Here's a thought experiment for you.

Imagine AI and advanced robotics have advanced to such a degree that it's now possible for me at home using my laptop and 3D printer on my lunchbreak to create a robotic golfer that can shoot -72 at Augusta.

Imagine golf fans cheering me on in the name of progress.

Would you cheer that on as progress in golf?

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                  GFYL

Just for contrast to what I posted earlier. Here are some that I spent a little more time coaxing into something that I imagined in my head from the general theme that I will post above. Something a little lost in the conversation above is my enjoyment of making these.

"When there is blood in the street buy"

"Living inside my head"

"Connection"

Jesus they're fantastic.

I hate them.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

A considerable portion of humans give what they listen to and look at very little thought. ...

The omens are poor imo...
                                    Don't know if its so grim an outlook for arts and entertainment. Mainstream entertainment product will be no worse than it is now and the market for authentic art that expresses and explores humanity will expand.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

A considerable portion of humans give what they listen to and look at very little thought. This doesn't make them bad people, they are just busy and preoccupied with more important things, or their interests lie elsewhere. Creative endeavour exists on a spectrum, from outputs that are genuinely innovative and extraordinary to those that are mere mundane imitations.. The latter is dead. There will be no need to grind out low-level paint/music by the numbers anymore. All that low-level corporate work will be replaced. And we no longer need to create Z league imitative music or film.

Now that doesn't sound so terminal. Creative "grunt work" will be replaced by ai. And one may say: 'Is that sort of creative labour really "creative" by definition?' The answer is probably no. This was kind of the theory behind the music industry over the past quarter century: music executives can no longer create artists. People can listen to whatever they want, so only brilliant artists who build live followings can thrive, and that sounds like a good and fair deal. This view is hotly debated and disputed, but suffice it to say there are questions about whether music is more innovative and more diverse than it was before Napster.

There's also the question to be asked about why we would want to replace this aspect of human labour. There will be people out there who enjoy their work producing low-level artistic outputs. And it's not just the most perfunctory aspects of creative endeavour that will be replaced, of course. Ai is coming for most of it. So we're going to have a situation where you have to be cutting edge as an artistic human to be able to continue doing what you do and be gainfully remunerated for it. But once you innovate something, it passes into the learning models, is consumed by Ai, and is no longer "new" or "human".

'But Lloyd, what about the prompters? What about the exciting new stream of artistic expression you can't even imagine where a man talks to a machine, and they work together to create "art"?' Well, look, YMMV on this, but part of the beauty of art for me is that grind. The band burrows away in the studio and painstakingly manipulates sounds and mixes to hew the finished product. The painter plays around with paints and materials, and methods. Yes, we've been automating away aspects of this for decades (and artists sometimes choose to eschew those tools), but once again, the bit we're replacing this time is the judgement rather than the task. The artist/prompter will ask the machine to do something, and the machine will make a lot of calls about what to use and how to stitch it together that would once have been marvelled at as human creativity. And often, we won't really understand how the machine got there. So the prompter will have to painstakingly interrogate the machine to try and unpick that and then insert their preference. But that preference or technique will then become available to everyone else.

And most people won't care. All of this sounds incredibly grim to me, but we'll simply be told that if humans don't value a more "authentic" approach, then the free market has spoken. Maybe I'll be wrong, but we're off to a bad start with these Ai rip off of hugely popular artists like Drake. The omens are poor imo...
                                      Really great post Lloyd.

Denny wrote a great Substack post the other day on the topic.

Put my Luddite mind somewhat to ease.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                                        Did lads mention good food options around o connell / parnell st before? Any recommendations?
                                        Pho Kim is the nuts on Parnell St

That Kim chi Hophouse place is very solid also on Parnell St

M&L on Cathedral St top class if a little pricey but you've got the bonus of having Brannigans pub right across the street and the Confession Box at the end of the street if you were pint inclined.

Comment

Really great post Lloyd.

Denny wrote a great Substack post the other day on the topic.

Put my Luddite mind somewhat to ease.
                                          Link?
                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Link?
                                            Sorry, it seems only the 'S' in Substack was hyperlinked.

“For the first time in history, humans can conjure up everyday acts of creativity on demand, in real time, at scale, for cheap.” But do we need to? Should we? Thanks for reading Shane’s Newsletter! Subscribe for free to receive new posts and support my work.

Comment

Jesus they're fantastic.

I hate them.
                                              You should give it a go. I think you would really enjoy it. There is a weird thing that I experienced also which is because you have somehow been involved in the process of making it, however tiny that you now feel some sort of extra connection towards it.

The training data is likely close to a large percentage of everything humanity has created in this area so you could argue they are being created by many brilliant minds in some sort of shared human consciousness.

Comment

So our own Satnav is officially a Grandmother and while the title thread is quite apt maybe we can find something more.....

Comment

A 16th century painter would look down his nose at someone who buys his oil paints in tubes from a shop, you don't find the raw materials and mix them yourself ? Thats where the real art is...

I would love to paint, but i am terrible at drawing but have ideas in my mind at times that i just cannot transfer to a canvas, but now there may be a medium that i can do it.

You're not a real guitarist unless you make your own instruments.

I don't know what people are afraid of when it comes to the arts and AI, its akin to the printing press, imagine if everybody now has an outlet to make music and art and poetry, must be the same as hundreds of years ago reading about strange lands, new ideas, new ways of thinking about science and God.

It feels a little snobby if im honest, i am better than you because i have lots of books and can read Latin and Greek ! Give us all the tools and we now have the resources to be more creative, make the world a better place.
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Decided to go to the match. With the decent weather and the two styles of play, could be an absolute cracker of a rugby game.

Porter FTS pls
                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

That's fine, and I agree, but Hitch posted up a review recently of Supermacs written in the unmistakable style of a deceased Anthony Bourdain.

Modern art has been created by brilliant outlier people, not lads on a laptop on their lunchbreak.
                                                      In a world without AI, if another writer came along who wrote exactly like Bourdain he might get a gig as a restaurant critic, but he wouldn't be world-famous. What made Bourdain so successful is that he was new and innovative. The type of modern art that lads make on their lunch break will just be copies of what has gone before.

AI hasn't replaced the people at the frontier, breaking new ground - it's replaced the people making imitations of what has already gone before.

Comment

Ramen Bar on South William Street for lunch, class

Comment

I find this outlook incredibly depressing

People tend to view new innovations through whatever prism they held before. For Llloyd it's a distaste for the free market, so he thinks about AI through that viewpoint.

The software that was used to make that Drake song is open source (you can use it here: https://colab.research.google.com/dr...o=Bpg6Ql1QHEV6)

The technology that is used is all freely available, made by decades of research by scientists and researchers, a lot of whom toiled for a long time with very little reward.

The research paper this technology is based on was released free into the world, for anyone to use or build on. (https://proceedings.neurips.cc/paper...45aa-Paper.pdf)

This is a triumph of shared human endeavour; as a species, we have never had such incredible tools or knowledge at our disposal, and they are practically free to anyone with a computer and an internet connection. Compared to this, the fact that we can now mass-produce derivative art forms is just a novelty more than anything else.

The music we all love and celebrate was made by humans working at the forefront of technology and creativity, and that won't change. If this was the 60s Lloyd and Lazare would be booing dylan for using an eclectic guitar! When the electric guitar came out first, purists argued that it lacked the warmth and intimacy of acoustic instruments and was seen as a threat to the prominence of other instruments. What actually happened was we invented rock, jazz and blues (to a greater or lesser extent, jazz and blues existed before but were changed and revitalised by electric guitars).

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                            About time

Man who sold ‘dodgy boxes’ to 150 ‘customers’ sentenced to 240 hours of community service

of course judge Martin Nolan fluffed his lines and didn’t jail him but it’s a start- go after the customers next.

start with these little criminal acts and you send a message- then go after the real criminals like PWC and KPMG . See PWC bought there way out of having to face any consequences of the great job they did auditing Quinn insurance.
                                                            Some would regard Sky as being criminals aswell.

Comment

Just a quick thought on the Drake song, I think most people aren't aware, but the only part AI had to play in it was changing the tone of the vocal from the producer to Drake, the producer wrote the lyrics, made the beat and the melody etc. It was so successful because Drake is phenomenally popular, and he makes very basic hip-hop that is very easy to duplicate. When people listen to a new drake song they aren't looking for anything new or innovative. There's a good take on it here by my favourite music reviewer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMV5PB61d2U

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

On the videoing, did you hear about my bust out hand from the main? It was mentioned online is the only reason you might have.

SPOILER
                                                                I open UTG off 14bbs with A6s (not clubs), BTN flats covering me, flop is Q62cc.

I check, he bets 2.2bb, I take my time and jam.

He stands up out of his chair, proceeds to kneel on his chair, takes his phone out of his pocket (which I didn’t see at the time). Then after a little more time, he makes the call and rolls over 66

I say “That’s a bit of a slowroll” and he responds with “No, it’s not a slowroll, I was just taking my phone out to video for my friends”.

TBF, there was no malice in it but felt harsh when left with <1% equity.
                                                                100% slowroll regardless of his intentions.

Was playing earlier, going along nicely at 1.5 times avg stack. Fella comes to table, just entered, very active.

Blinds 400/800, he raises 2.5k. I look down at KK, repop to 8k. Flop A Q 10. Check, check. He fires 15k on blank turn. Have to put him on some sort of ace, fold. He shows A10

Few hands later get KK again, early position, raise to 2.3k. 1 caller, he 3 bets to 9k. I jam 45k or so. Fold and he snap calls with A4 off Ace on flop and i’m down to 14 bigs

Another few hands and i look down at 77, shove and insta called by himself in the bb with K8 off. Ye know what happens next.

Live poker eh

Comment

What is kind of cool about that Drake song is beat/melody is a little rough around the edges in the original release but some fans have taken those cleaned them up and put out new versions like the one I posted. The song is actually evolving over time

Probably of interest to you HJ if you haven't seen it yet but Synthesizer V is one of the cutting-edge tools in the space. It has AI singers in the program. You create the song, arrangements, etc, and then choose the AI singer you want to use.

There is actually a guy doing a really good series with it here called "A.I. + Human Music - Nothing to Something" which I have been following. The next one is the last part and will see the finished song. Strangely enough, the intro and avatar is a picture of a ghost on his channel. His AI videos on the channel appeared a short time before Ghostwriter put out that Drake song. Prob just a coincidence.
                                                                  Last edited by Opr; 29-04-23, 16:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                    Decided to go to the match. With the decent weather and the two styles of play, could be an absolute cracker of a rugby game.

Porter FTS pls
                                                                    Absolute masterclass. Game was done 30 mins in.

Now to take our revenge on La ROGchelle in 3 weeks...

Comment

This monster in the green Isle is aptly named. A Q out the door and past reception and every table in the place in use and guarantee smashed already. €150 entry for 150k and I wouldn't be surprised to see it over 200k

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

It's grand. If they are will to do the smaller rides, do those before heading to the junior zone where there are things smaller kids will like, and some for the slightly bigger ones too. The 'driving' one is a bit of fun, essentially small electric cars they drive around a bit of a track, but designed for 5-9 year olds. Nothing as violent(fun) as the bumper cars that were common years ago. There are a few playgrounds too, although one of them is probably a bit too challenging for anyone under 5 or 6, depending on how adventurous and robust they are.
                                                                        All great info. What a cool place . My inner child did a Peter Griffen shriek at Lemur wood .

Comment

Comment

"We're heading in Brody"

"Thank Christ"

Comment

Can't bate an auld Jaws re-run to round off the day

Comment

"Hahahaha"

"Quint.....?"

"........no"

Comment

I'm beginning to think this new AI stuff may be more significant than non fungible tokens, and fidget spinners. Doubt it will have the same impact as cabbage patch dolls.

Comment

Tim

Comment

Went to pub at 1pm thinking maybe taxi over for late reg in midday flight, some horses went right so watch rugby and play 5pm flight, some more horses went right so go for 9pm turbo flight, more horses go well so late reg and first hand 4 bet 40% of stack with KK and get cold jammed on by AA.

I knew hr had them, he knew he had them, everyone on the planet knew he had them and back to the bar i went....

In again so hopefully goes better, €216k in pp

Lad behind bar charging €6 for double rum and cokes so clawing it back in spades

Comment

this could be the first good star wars movie

Comment

"Hahahaha"

"Quint.....?"

"........no"

Such a great character Quint
                                                                                          can you imagine a real life Quint responding in a civic hall somewhere to a rant from a purple haired teen screeching that her correct pronouns aren't being used

"Here's to swimmin with bow legged women"

Comment

For me the most interesting part about the AI artwork topic is that it has apparently united people as universal lovers of “real” art. Which I find funny as for decades I’ve heard nothing but criticism about contemporary art. That’s it’s shit, that “anyone could do it”. The latter being particularly ironic now.

People seem to think AI is not real art because it lacks effort. Genuinely curious how they view works of Jackson Pollock, Warhol, Hirst, Rothko, etc and the value attached.

Comment

Interested to see how this new model might take off. I can see it being something that people can get onboard with.

Comment

Absolute masterclass. Game was done 30 mins in.

Now to take our revenge on La ROGchelle in 3 weeks...
                                                                                                i'll be there cheering on les jaunards

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

i'll be there cheering on les jaunards
                                                                                                  Please do. It would be nice to see a French team actually turn up and not surrender-monkey it away this year.

Comment

Please do. It would be nice to see a French team actually turn up and not surrender-monkey it away this year.
                                                                                                    lol. Leinster is basically the ireland team, and you're surprised they win everything so easily? get off your high horse!!

Comment

Is anyone following the chess world championship? I think everyone expected it to be a damp squib without Magnus playing but it has been the most exciting in many years. I guess the relative strength of the players being more equal helps that because Magnus has always been a fair amount ahead of the field so it often feels like a foregone conclusion. Watching his greatest is a different kind of enjoyment from the excitement that the current match is providing being a much more close encounter.

It is best of 14 with the game today below at 6-5 in the match to Nepo. The game is nuts for a match at this level.
                                                                                                      Ended up 7-7 and now playing a tiebreaker today.

The match has moved on to a playoff which will consist of four 25-minute games, with a 10-second increment from move 1. If still tied, up to two pairs of 5+3 games will be played. If tied again, single 3+2 games are played, with colors reversed each game, until one player wins.
                                                                                                      Bit more of an enjoyable watch for the casual fan as the pace of play will be quite quick in these time controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                        Interested to see how this new model might take off. I can see it being something that people can get onboard with.

Well he needs something good to happen

Comment

Well he needs something good to happen
                                                                                                          Even Joe is making fun of him now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                            For me the most interesting part about the AI artwork topic is that it has apparently united people as universal lovers of “real” art. Which I find funny as for decades I’ve heard nothing but criticism about contemporary art. That’s it’s shit, that “anyone could do it”. The latter being particularly ironic now.

People seem to think AI is not real art because it lacks effort. Genuinely curious how they view works of Jackson Pollock, Warhol, Hirst, Rothko, etc and the value attached.
                                                                                                            who is united on 'real art ' ? . It almost always subjective . Some abstract art is beyond my comprehension to see it's value either technically or artistically. I've stood in many museums pondering the workings of the brain of the original artist . Wondering about their training, their inspiration, their lives, all by looking at their paintings . Art for me is NEVER just about the piece itself and for me thats the crucial difference I always want to know more about the piece -.. I always seek this connection otherwise a picture leaves me cold . Can i be fooled by deception , fake back story . YES . Its the human manipulation of AI that would try deception anyway

Comment

who is united on 'real art ' ? . It almost always subjective . Some abstract art is beyond my comprehension to see it's value either technically or artistically. I've stood in many museums pondering the workings of the brain of the original artist . Wondering about their training, their inspiration, their lives, all by looking at their paintings . Art for me is NEVER just about the piece itself and for me thats the crucial difference I always want to know more about the piece -.. I always seek this connection otherwise a picture leaves me cold . Can i be fooled by deception , fake back story . YES . Its the human manipulation of AI that would try deception anyway

Comment

You take the blue or the Red Pill.? - some say we've already chosen

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

lol. Leinster is basically the ireland team, and you're surprised they win everything so easily? get off your high horse!!
                                                                                                                  I'm riding this horse all the way to the finish line baby.

So in a few weeks, we'll be two down - Grand Slam and Heineken Cup ticked off with ease and style. Then it's off to France to complete the hat trick and take down the WC. EZ Game.

Comment

who is united on 'real art ' ? . It almost always subjective . Some abstract art is beyond my comprehension to see it's value either technically or artistically. I've stood in many museums pondering the workings of the brain of the original artist . Wondering about their training, their inspiration, their lives, all by looking at their paintings . Art for me is NEVER just about the piece itself and for me thats the crucial difference I always want to know more about the piece-.. I always seek this connection otherwise a picture leaves me cold . Can i be fooled by deception , fake back story . YES . Its the human manipulation of AI that would try deception anyway
                                                                                                                    Of course art is subject. So it music. Films. Books. Etc
                                                                                                                    I wasn’t suggest people are aligned in the opinions of which art is good. I’m referring to people now defining art in terms revolves around conceptual ideas and personal effort.

As I mentioned, people for along time have been critical of contemporary art. Especially pieces that were technically simple - “anyone could do that”. For me that always missed the notion just because anyone could, they didn’t. That should still apply to the world if AI.

Wondering about their training, their inspiration, their lives, all by looking at their paintings . Art for me is NEVER just about the piece itself and for me thats the crucial difference I always want to know more about the piece
                                                                                                                    All of those wonderings choice just as easily apply to AI art work. The concept comes from a human idea, there could have been dozens of variations and edits to get to the artwork the creators feels represents their idea.

If could be completely empty and meaningless. But so too could paint of canvas.

Comment

Ended up 7-7 and now playing a tiebreaker today.

Bit more of an enjoyable watch for the casual fan as the pace of play will be quite quick in these time controls.

Scenes

Ding dong
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 30-04-23, 13:26.
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Scenes

Ding dong
                                                                                                                        Chess in those shorter time controls is really fun to watch. That first game with all the tactical complications when both queens were hanging was incredible. Have an irrational dislike of Ian so happy to see Ding take it down.

Comment

I have a very solid new restaurant recommendation; La Gordita. Opposite the Jackpot on Montague St, it's very good Spanish fare with excellent service (lots of fun with the dude who talks you through the menu). We sat up at the bar and had Morcilla (Spanish black pudding), cured tuna, sourdough with roasted garlic, salted almonds, olives, a salt cod tortilla that was superb, octopus and a vegetarian rice dish. All excellent and very flavoursome. I drank a lot to celebrate the Leinster win and the wine/sherry selection was great. Nice, relaxed atmosphere. Will definitely go again.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X