X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
    Barry Humphries RIP

Ah loved him razor sharp and changed my view on Aussie banal humour . Dame Etna never ceased to floor me - great command of the room and fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

More a man for the chauffeured Bentley. And wouldn't waste his time with peasantry such as ourselves.

I'd say a few on here know this guy. You would have zero clue he was uber-rich to look at him. Not some Secret Millionaire though.
      Sir Barry Humphries?
      Last edited by Solksjaer!; 22-04-23, 11:26.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Denis O'brien?
        Nope.

Stewart Kenny (ex Paddy Power CEO, made a fortune when they floated)
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          Jury Duty is very good.
          Wowsers it really is. That final episode.

Very Nathan Felder esque
          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
            Some amount of window lickers on that toutless site. The usual is tickets cant be transfered till maybe a day or two before a show...people honestly expected not to even pay half now and half when transferred, we both use an element of trust...no, ill pay when you transfer them Sold now anyway after about 26 interactions.
            Toutless been good to me over the years as a buyer and seller.

Ticketmaster though. Paid 14 and 17 quid service fees for two gigs in the last week (2 Tix for each gig).

Heard it was 12 quid per ticket service charge for the Katie Taylor fight. 100k in service charges for one night in the 3 arena. Everyone pays so good luck but Jesus I fucking hate them.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Wowsers it really is. That final episode.

Very Nathan Felder esque
              WTF is this shit

On episode 2 and are we really supposed to be buying this premise ?
              Got to be a 0.01% chance the lad is unaware what's going on.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

WTF is this shit

Couldn't agree more. Abandoned it after episode 2. The Tunnel is really good. Thoroughly enjoyed all three series.

Comment

New TV wise ;
                  Will Trent is an enjoyable crime of the week cop show about a dyslexic detective in atlanta. Based a a series of books.

Rabbithole is the new keifer sutherland show where he gets to shout down fones and dodge bullets. It's a LOT of fun.
                  ​​​​​
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Listening to Metallica's discography in order before I go see them next week. Haven't listened to them in years so it's with very fresh ears. I've cracked up at a couple of Hammett's solos

Just listening to Unforgiven thinking about this:

And then this, song is all die, hell, kill, and then out of no where he pops with a bright bluesy solo. It's like what man, were you listening to the song before you put this down?

Comment

Listening to Planxty cos coz. Still think uilleann pipes recorded never get close to hearing them live.
                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

WTF is this shit

So he knows he in a documentary, about 2500 people applied. The decision tree of production was very good in order to deal with his expected outcomes.
                        Well worth a watch imo.
                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Welcome to Wrexham spoilers
                          SPOILER
                          Welcome to League 1!
                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Quick straw pole for the next couple of hours if anyone cares to share an opinion:

If you had to choose only one play in Dublin in the next month (Sat night, dressed up a bit, meal beforehand, cocktail or two after) what would it be?

I'm tossing between Ibsen's Ghosts in the Abbey (I know Dobby is a fan!) and Miller's The Price in The Gate?

Cheers in advance.
                            b.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                              Quick straw pole for the next couple of hours if anyone cares to share an opinion:

If you had to choose only one play in Dublin in the next month (Sat night, dressed up a bit, meal beforehand, cocktail or two after) what would it be?

I'm tossing between Ibsen's Ghosts in the Abbey (I know Dobby is a fan!) and Miller's The Price in The Gate?

Cheers in advance.
                              b.
                              Gate. No contest every time. I'd rather go sit there for a couple of hours with nothing on than most of what I've seen at the Abbey

Comment

Cheers.

So it's 1-1 in the first 14 mins between Ibsen/Abbey and Miller/Gate.

But both goals were more shots on target that accidentally went in. Valuable none the less!

There's sure to be more goals in the next 90 mins or so (when I plan to actually book the tickets) we'll check back in again soon!
                                Last edited by BennyHiFi; 22-04-23, 20:47.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                  Cheers.

So it's 1-1 in the first 14 mins between Ibsen/Abbey and Miller/Gate.

But both goals were more shots on target that accidentally went in. Valuable none the less!

There's sure to be more goals in the next 90 mins or so (when I plan to actually book the tickets) we'll check back in again soon!
                                  Wait for Hitchhikers thoughts. Though when he goes missing from both here and twitter I'd assume he's getting rode ragged by his Chinese girlfriend.

Comment

Bout to cook the curry Dom
                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                      Listening to Metallica's discography in order before I go see them next week. Haven't listened to them in years so it's with very fresh ears. I've cracked up at a couple of Hammett's solos

Just listening to Unforgiven thinking about this:

And then this, song is all die, hell, kill, and then out of no where he pops with a bright bluesy solo. It's like what man, were you listening to the song before you put this down?

https://youtu.be/MNavcdB5WvM?t=247
                                      What do you make of the new album?

Comment

Don't know either play and hoping to get to both, if it comes to a choice knowing nothing else it would always be Miller ahead of Ibsen for me.

Comment

I played a couple of pick up volleyball games here in Mexico and loved it, they have free courts in most of the parks here (and there are parks everywhere). Sand and hard court, it's amazing how much better public facilities generally are here than Ireland. Beside my apartment there's a park with two well kept basketball courts, a five a side astro pitch, lots of equipment for calisthenics and a huge children's playground, all free to use 24 hours a day. There seems to be almost no vandalism or similar problems.

In comparison before I left Ireland I lived beside santry park. Huge and very pretty, but zero amenities unless you count the ability to look at a couple of ducks.

​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                            I played a couple of pick up volleyball games here in Mexico and loved it, they have free courts in most of the parks here (and there are parks everywhere). Sand and hard court, it's amazing how much better public facilities generally are here than Ireland. Beside my apartment there's a park with two well kept basketball courts, a five a side astro pitch, lots of equipment for calisthenics and a huge children's playground, all free to use 24 hours a day. There seems to be almost no vandalism or similar problems.

In comparison before I left Ireland I lived beside santry park. Huge and very pretty, but zero amenities unless you count the ability to look at a couple of ducks.
                                            Mexico is nicer than the Northside shocker

Comment

Up at my Daughters U11 soccer cup game against Peamount. Her team is decent and maybe lost 3 or 4 games in 2 years. Lost 7-0. Peamount train 3 times a week and difference in ball skills was unreal.
                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                Up at my Daughters U11 soccer cup game against Peamount. Her team is decent and maybe lost 3 or 4 games in 2 years. Lost 7-0. Peamount train 3 times a week and difference in ball skills was unreal.
                                                Our U8 lads got turned over properly by themtoo twice.

Also pray for Hotspur

Comment

Pray for Hotspur

Edit: fuck, beaten
                                                  Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 23-04-23, 13:56.
                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Mexico is nicer than the Northside shocker
                                                    Before santry I was in Glenageary, and that's worse. It doesn't even have any ducks!

Comment

Is there nothing for the public in Santry Stadium?

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Wait for Hitchhikers thoughts. Though when he goes missing from both here and twitter I'd assume he's getting rode ragged by his Chinese girlfriend.
                                                        I generally assume the Russian FiL has murdered him.

Comment

Is there nothing for the public in Santry Stadium?
                                                          I know they hold community races in there, but it was closed every time I saw it. You could hop the wall and run around the track if you wanted.

Comment

I know they hold community races in there, but it was closed every time I saw it. You could hop the wall and run around the track if you wanted.
                                                            Skinny fit people get all the advantages in life.
                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

One week-ish left on the retrofit and then we're nearly done with the house stuff. Thank fuck.

Comment

Mexico has a per capita murder rate that is 33 times higher than Ireland.
                                                                Ducks are a form of lifesaving there.

Comment

Rasam as good as ever on my visit there Friday (where we met and chatted amiably with Stewart Kenny on the DART after). Second best Indian in Dublin imo, after Pickle, although I still haven't been to the place in Dundrum that keeps getting recommended.
                                                                  Really flavourful dishes and a nice, relaxed vibe.

Comment

`Being a Spurs fan is great. Was out today and I avoid the result if I can't watch Spurs live as I then watch a replay. Whatsapp message from a friend about the most Spursy performance of all time. Pray for Hotspur messages here. And I still sit down to watch it, masochistically hoping they get utterly destroyed. Was not disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                      `Being a Spurs fan is great. Was out today and I avoid the result if I can't watch Spurs live as I then watch a replay. Whatsapp message from a friend about the most Spursy performance of all time. Pray for Hotspur messages here. And I still sit down to watch it, masochistically hoping they get utterly destroyed. Was not disappointed.
                                                                      If it’s any consolation Spurs were better today than United were on Thursday
                                                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Spanish firm wrong to fire electrician for drinking alcohol during working day, court rules

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ay-court-rules

"At lunchtime that day, the pair bought a loaf of bread, some food, four cans of San Miguel beer and a litre bottle of Estrella de Levante beer. Later the same afternoon, the man was seen drinking another can of beer. A little before 6.30pm, he was seen buying and drinking another can of beer before driving back to the company’s base in Murcia to leave the van there."

Comment

Spanish firm wrong to fire electrician for drinking alcohol during working day, court rules

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ay-court-rules

"At lunchtime that day, the pair bought a loaf of bread, some food, four cans of San Miguel beer and a litre bottle of Estrella de Levante beer. Later the same afternoon, the man was seen drinking another can of beer. A little before 6.30pm, he was seen buying and drinking another can of beer before driving back to the company’s base in Murcia to leave the van there."
                                                                          Bud Lite need to recruit this man

Comment

You can pay 1k to get your business verified by Twitter
                                                                            Seems like paying the money is the only hurdle:

Comment

You can pay 1k to get your business verified by Twitter
                                                                              Seems like paying the money is the only hurdle:

Space Karen is serious about his quality checks obviously. If he hadn't laid off all the people who might have done that, it'd be very rigorous.

Comment

One week-ish left on the retrofit and then we're nearly done with the house stuff. Thank fuck.
                                                                                You thinking of moving again so?

Comment

Everything you don’t need to know about the Economics of Sucession

FYI, a couple of S4 E4 spoilers so may need to avoid

Comment

You thinking of moving again so?
                                                                                    Seems to be the established pattern.

Give it 4 years or so.

Comment

If you're in the Grand Canal Dock area and need quick lunch, I heartily recommend Carved.
                                                                                      Just had their porchetta sandwich. Muy delicioso.

Comment

The young Chinese lad Si who is tearing it up at the crucible looks like the real deal, stats and trends would be against him but 16/1looks big for a lad with the kind of accuracy and ice cool nerve he is showing.

Comment

The young Chinese lad Si who is tearing it up at the crucible looks like the real deal, stats and trends would be against him but 16/1looks big for a lad with the kind of accuracy and ice cool nerve he is showing.
                                                                                          Wait and Si ?

Will stick a fiver on anyhoo. Its an illness

Comment

I think getting through McGill and then potentially Ronnie is a very tall order.

Comment

The Trump civil trial for rape opens tomorrow in NYC.

Should be suitably horrible for all concerned.

Comment

Thinking back to the last few months on IPB, I find it quite incredible that in one of the world's richest and most equal countries there's such a negative view of progress and technology. Cardshark thinks the world is still powered by slaves, PSV thinks he lives in Sudan and Lloyd thinks Airbnb is personally responsible for the housing crisis.

What makes this most strange is that all three have good careers and I'm assuming a happy comfortable life, with access to resources that would make previous generations green with envy.

Is this the human condition?
                                                                                                I didn't think the statement I made about slaves was remotely controversial. Almost all of the world's largest multinationals companies have slaves in their supply chain. And if not slaves, they pay people pittances. Just because I am relatively privileged and have an ok job does not make me completely blind to what is going on.

Comment

Anyone that signed up to music king, please check your pms.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post

I didn't think the statement I made about slaves was remotely controversial. Almost all of the world's largest multinational companies have slaves in their supply chain. And if not slaves, they pay people pittances. Just because I am relatively privileged and have an ok job does not make me completely blind to what is going on.
                                                                                                    Your first statement was to the effect that we now have cheaper goods solely because of slavery. Now you are retreating that remark to the fact that most multinationals have slaves in their supply chain. This isn't true, but it is a lot more defensible, and then even within that sentence, you move your position back to, ok, not actual "slavery", but workers are paid a pittance. At this rate of progress, I expect you to be trying to resurrect the progressive democrats by next week!

As for the workers being paid a pittance, this, too, does not fit in well with the available data. As was pointed out last time, the last century of globalisation moved more people out of poverty than ever before. Multinational supply chains mean people get paid more than they did before, not less. Take a look at how the average standard of living has improved in countries like China, Vietnam or Indonesia. "Indonesia has made enormous gains in poverty reduction, cutting the poverty rate by more than half since 1999, to under 10 per cent in 2019 before the COVID-19 pandemic hit"

I chose those three countries because they are all massive, are where many supply chains end up and have seen enormous improvements in living standards (and pay!).

Indonesia is now one of Asia Pacific’s most vibrant democracies that has maintained political stability and emerged as a confident middle-income country.

https://www.worldbank.org/en/news/pr...wed-world-bank

Comment

A Japanese company is attempting to land on the moon tomorrow - https://mashable.com/article/moon-la...space-hakuto-r

Comment

FufDmARWcAAf2F9?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg

Comment

If you played in the Fitz you might remember Feargal one of the more talkative dealers, he visited me recently here and we recorded a song together: https://open.spotify.com/track/3wdYa...720fba409d4f11

Comment

Whats with the monkey hats in the gym ? Benefits?

Comment

The Grand Canal from Baggot Bridge facing West.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

The fallout from that Fox legal case is getting bettter - they just fired that hideous toad Tucker Carlson.

Comment

The fallout from that Fox legal case is getting bettter - they just fired that hideous toad Tucker Carlson.

Comment

First two Music King rounds are up:

P1 It’s got to be this- just unbeatable 80s vibe https://youtu.be/Lfgf9HatIHI Taking a risk early doors , not an expert of the genre but listen to some adjacent stuff and this popped up for me when bombing down motorway recently and has been on repeat since https://youtu.be/1SHW0QKox84 P2 "Movin' on Up"

P1 You might not be into rap, but this is a classic, b side on" Protect ya neck", released in 1993. Still think it sounds great today. Wu Tang clan and Nas playing here in June, should be a treat. https://youtu.be/PEnwXYJcSZc Released in 1968! Yes hard to believe, well ahead of its time. Worth listening just

Thanks to the players for their entries

Comment

Given the size of the first settlement, the $500m that they lost from the drop in the share price after his departure might represent a bargain given they have another pending case.

I see DeSantis is losing steam as well, what price was Hitch eating up? Around the 7/2 mark now.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

Given the size of the first settlement, the $500m that they lost from the drop in the share price after his departure might represent a bargain given they have another pending case.

I see DeSantis is losing steam as well, what price was Hitch eating up? Around the 7/2 mark now.
                                                                                                                        I think Hitch was backing him at lower prices. He did seem to have all the momentum but Trump has successfully boxed him in with his usual tactic of denigration. This thing of the 6 week abortion ban in Florida is a massive turnoff for the wider electorate too.

I might start backing Nikki Haley at big prices. In the hope that Trump's legal woes eat him up and the GOP starts looking for someone slightly less extreme\more electable.

Comment

Biden is expected to officially declare today too. In retrospect, the 3/1+ odds against a sitting president were an absolute gift. That likely locks up one side of the contest (health concerns or some unlikely Reagan 1976-esque challenge aside).

So we continue to focus on the GOP and the chaos candidature of Trump. He does, all legal woes notwithstanding, look the likeliest winner - today. I wouldn't want to be taking short odds against either him or DeS though.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X