X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

They must have thrown a few shells twice
    I was wondering how many unique entries they actually got.
    After Day 2 started, it took quite a few hours before the payouts were announced because apparently they needed to figure out how many unused tickets there were to be added to the prizepool.

At a total guess, something like 1.3 buy-ins per person? Around 1,900 unique entries?

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

I was wondering how many unique entries they actually got.
      After Day 2 started, it took quite a few hours before the payouts were announced because apparently they needed to figure out how many unused tickets there were to be added to the prizepool.

At a total guess, something like 1.3 buy-ins per person? Around 1,900 unique entries?
      Yeah, that was a bit mad. Few shorties at my table complaining cos it didn't get put up until there was just over 400 left and around 323 got paid. Could see their point tbf.

It also seemed to skew the average stack slightly because as numbers went up, so did the average despite those chips not being in play.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

I spoke to someone last night that fired 7 bullets.
        took out half the village

Comment

Wild punt on Bayern at 14s

Comment

The worst of Brexit has came to my door.

My preferred London based purveyor of Tea and Coffee are no longer shipping to Ireland. Is there any way around this now? Parcel Motel is RIP but is there any other way to get my hands on my single biggest and longest lasting habit.
            We provide a Northern Ireland / UK Delivery Address for customers from the Republic Of Ireland. We forward your items to anywhere in Ireland or you can collect at our warehouse between Newry and Dundalk. Exit 20 M1. We also provide fulfillment services to the UK and Ireland for online retailers / Ebay sellers.

Comment

My preferred London based purveyor of Tea and Coffee are no longer shipping to Ireland. Is there any way around this now? Parcel Motel is RIP but is there any other way to get my hands on my single biggest and longest lasting habit.
              I actually was just coming on to ask for recommendations for coffee beans?

Comment

Jury Duty is very good.
                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Have to just admire the brass neck of Bidens Irish “cousins” , presume there’s some nice gravy to be had shouting about it? Because the idea people are actually proud of it for its own sake is fairly cringe.

Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                      Have to just admire the brass neck of Bidens Irish “cousins” , presume there’s some nice gravy to be had shouting about it? Because the idea people are actually proud of it for its own sake is fairly cringe.
                      I think the Irish should be proud of our impact on the world stage. We are minnows depending on these countries . The cringe factor is culchies coming to Dublin and eating in our restaurants when there is a perfectly good Supermacs on O'Connel street

Comment

I'll be there next week and can bring some back if you can get it sent to my hotel?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

That has worked out rather well for you with getting near two full rounds in today, albeit at the price of unseasonal weather. Enjoy.
                          Thanks, yep it couldn't have worked out better! Everything about the place is surreal. From the sheer amount of staff on hand to make sure everything runs like absolutely clockwork, to the access and being able to move around so easily, to simply seeing some of the iconic holes you know well from TV in person and being able to appreciate the course, layout, undulations, etc.. It was incredible.

Comment

Whichipedia - Which Wikipedia page is longer?

I've managed to get 5 in a row
                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post

Thanks, yep it couldn't have worked out better! Everything about the place is surreal. From the sheer amount of staff on hand to make sure everything runs like absolutely clockwork, to the access and being able to move around so easily, to simply seeing some of the iconic holes you know well from TV in person and being able to appreciate the course, layout, undulations, etc.. It was incredible.
                              I was kind of impressed by the onsite food prices but then again on top of $3800 for a one day ticket charging $2 for a coffee probably is gouging

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Those are resale prices. Lottery winners get a 4 day pass for <$400 afaik.

Comment

WTF is a chicken biscuit?
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

A biscuit is a type of savoury scone in the US so not quite as disgusting as it sounds.

Comment

I need a decent tasting menu for wives birthday next weekend.
                                      Luna was our last date outing so something like that I guess.

Considering glovers alley but it seems a little formal?

Edit: Holy shit, we are back it seems.
                                      Opentable prettymuch laughed at me
                                      Last edited by DeadParrot; 12-04-23, 15:46.
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                        https://whichipedia.com/

I've managed to get 5 in a row
                                        LOL at ME

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

I'm booking stuff 3-4 weeks out at this stage.

Comment

Library St before Christmas was the best meal I’ve had in Dublin in a long time, worth checking out

Rosa Madre is very good too

Sole is good for that kind of occasion

Etto and Uno Mas always good

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post

Library St before Christmas was the best meal I’ve had in Dublin in a long time, worth checking out

I don't know what the Google algorithim makes of me but googling Rosa Madre from your list above led me to a link about a $3,200 steak.

Comment

Getting the All Blacks confused with the Black & Tans was a great Joe Biden moment. Interesting that he knew about about the Black & Tans, definitely not just a President faking his Irish roots.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                  Getting the All Blacks confused with the Black & Tans was a great Joe Biden moment. Interesting that he knew about about the Black & Tans, definitely not just a President faking his Irish roots.
                                                  He's very deeply invested in his Irish heritage, going all the way back to childhood. I think that's a very typical second generation emigrant thing.

Comment

I feel like I don't really eat out much in Dublin because of friction and bad value.

Would rather skip it and do a full weekend of eating and drinking in a different euro city.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post

Would second all of these, plus add in Delahunt and Host

Comment

Rosa Madre or Delahunt are the only ones with reservations ,
                                                        both are a late one for 9pm.

Trigger pulled on Delahunt for the presence of an attached cocktail bar.
                                                        €40 reservation fee though, wtf is that all about?
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Rosa Madre or Delahunt are the only ones with reservations ,
                                                          both are a late one for 9pm.

Trigger pulled on Delahunt for the presence of an attached cocktail bar.
                                                          €40 reservation fee though, wtf is that all about?
                                                          For no-shows. Pretty common now.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

For no-shows. Pretty common now.
                                                            I don't get how that works for the restaurant, surely it just makes it easier for people to take the hit and be a no show. For a set menu place like that no show is minimum 100 per head lost revenue that they only get to recover the 40 per reservation from.

Just have them pay the set menu price in full up front with an option for full refund if you cancel before a stated time. One place I go to regularly does that now, I know it's put some people off but I think it's only fair.
                                                            Last edited by Strewelpeter; 13-04-23, 11:46.
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Liath does that. Full amount up front - refunds if you cancel outside 72 hours in advance.

Comment

I have zero problem with it either. Barring the odd emergency situation but if that happens, losing 40 quid is the least of your worries!

Comment

I had Covid for our first booking there. For a brief moment my then 8 year old was going to go with the Mrs....ultimately she went on her own and got double portions of some stuff, with other stuff put in a box to bring home to me!
                                                                  He also allowed us to rebook for whenever we wanted before the calendar opened, and gave a 25% discount on the bill when we did go back...very nice gesture!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

I don't get how that works for the restaurant, surely it just makes it easier for people to take the hit and be a no show. For a set menu place like that no show is minimum 100 per head lost revenue that they only get to recover the 40 per reservation from.

Just have them pay the set menu price in full up front with an option for full refund if you cancel before a stated time. One place I go to regularly does that now, I know it's put some people off but I think it's only fair.
                                                                    Think it's just more fiction to prevent double bookers.

40 would probably be more than their gross profit depending on booze and how they manage their suppliers?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

I actually was just coming on to ask for recommendations for coffee beans?
                                                                      My go to coffee is Mexican Jaguar from Ponaire which is a dark, earthy, strong, kick you in the teeth coffee. At the complete opposite end of the spectrum is Pog Mhilis from Coffee Angel which is a light fruit-forward coffee. This 3fe Momentum Blend is another one I am very fond of and is probably somewhere in the middle of the other two I just mentioned.

I have ordered loads of different blends from Ponaire and have liked them all but I keep going back to that Mexican one quite often. Ponaire is a little bit more expensive than most but always very good imo.

Some of the roasters do a selection box type thing so you can try a few different coffees before ordering a large amount like this.

You just need to get stuck in a see what you like as there is so much variety now and the kind of coffee that appeals to people seems to be very different. Freshness (Roast date) is going to be the key thing to look out for as it will have a huge impact on quality. Some other places I have ordered from to have a look around are westcorkcoffee, dreambeans and artessa.
                                                                      Last edited by Opr; 13-04-23, 13:30.

Comment

Poor Craig Breen.
                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

IPO storm brewing.

Comment

I have zero problem with it either. Barring the odd emergency situation but if that happens, losing 40 quid is the least of your worries!
                                                                            I generally agree, it just took me by surprise in the moment.

Comment

Magnus donking around on Hustler last night while the new chess world champion is currently getting decided.

Edit - Actually meant to post this hand.

Last edited by Opr; 13-04-23, 15:56.

Comment

IPO storm brewing.
                                                                                JP replied to a few tweets. The story the lady posted on Facebook, and the one she told him in the room seems a little different. She's also deleted the Facebook post and said she will contact JP but unfortunately that's not going to stop a twitter pile on which is a pity.

No idea what actually happened myself but if it was the assault that some suggest it was, I'll have absolutely no doubt that JP would ban the culprit and it'll get sorted.

Comment

IPO storm brewing.
                                                                                  I see the TD has responded to to tweet saying it is not fair or accurate account of what happened. I would wait to hear the full story before making judgement calls on what happened unlike most of those that responded to the initial tweet.

Edit. Beaten to it by Dobby.
                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Jaysus. Pile on in full flow

Comment

Anyone know who the lad is?
                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                        Anyone know who the lad is?
                                                                                        She had his pic on Facebook under her original post but has deleted it all

Comment

Afraid to read that post

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                            Afraid to read that post
                                                                                            If it's even close to being half true, your man should have been put out the door and barred for life

Comment

Covering the IO story from the tweets above on the Solve4Why pod. Should start at the timestamp (1:06:30) https://www.youtube.com/live/5-DBsZb...e=share&t=3990

Comment

That rally driver, jesus. Such a tragedy.

Comment

I don't know what the Google algorithim makes of me but googling Rosa Madre from your list above led me to a link about a $3,200 steak.
                                                                                                  Surprised Rosa Madre hasn't been mentioned here more. Fantastic food, especially fresh seafood and their own pasta (owners wife has a fresh pasta company, also called Rosa Madre). They have one of the best wine selections in the city - the wine is Luca's (the owner) real passion. A real treat to chat to him about it in there. His Instagram account is good fun and he's a super nice guy. Grew the restaurant to what it is now from a tiny cafe on the same premises 10 years ago. It's become the recommended dinner spot for celebrities staying at The Merrion etc so I assume it'll only get more popular. Worth a visit for sure.

Comment

Speaking of wine, friend gave me a bottle of this during the week, said just open it an hour before drinking, I assume its not a tuesday wine or is it ? My go to wine is €9...

PXL-20230411-145046185.jpg
                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Feel like GAB right now. Trying to get a car dealer to open a bit later for a test drive as I'm on call til 5pm. It's only €25k, you'd think he could make an exception.
                                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                        Feel like GAB right now. Trying to get a car dealer to open a bit later for a test drive as I'm on call til 5pm. It's only €25k, you'd think he could make an exception.
                                                                                                        Sellers market feel atm but I did see that used car prices are on the way down. I bought my last car in 2017, dealer knocked a little bit off it, took a 15 year old car for full scrappage and doubled the mileage warranty as it missed a service.

We recently changed both cars in the house and not an inch on either from two different dealers. No interest in cash either, one said they preferred a finance agreement as they made some commission.

Some rules regarding imports changing from May 1st I believe. Not totally up to date on the details but may be worth waiting/investigating if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                          Speaking of wine, friend gave me a bottle of this during the week, said just open it an hour before drinking, I assume its not a tuesday wine or is it ? My go to wine is €9...
                                                                                                          Seems to be a good one in the €75 range. So one to open when drunk on the sofa and let spill down your drooling chin when you nod off.

Comment

Yeah our old car is worth more than we paid for it 4 years later lol. Imported it from UK pre Brexit
                                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Couldnt resist sending JP that picture of Henry touching Carragher leg when Rodgers sacking was announced.

I get the feeling he's had better mornings.

Comment

Fairly tired of my own motor now, but can't bring myself to pay the eye-watering prices. Need it for the important stuff, like wine....

PXL_20230413_164719476.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

Sellers market feel atm but I did see that used car prices are on the way down. I bought my last car in 2017, dealer knocked a little bit off it, took a 15 year old car for full scrappage and doubled the mileage warranty as it missed a service.

We recently changed both cars in the house and not an inch on either from two different dealers. No interest in cash either, one said they preferred a finance agreement as they made some commission.

Some rules regarding imports changing from May 1st I believe. Not totally up to date on the details but may be worth waiting/investigating if you can.
                                                                                                                  UK VAT changes could improve supply of used cars in Ireland. UK tax changes could boost car imports - CompleteCar.ie car news
                                                                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Had Zaytoon yesterday for lunch.

Jaysus that stuff is mediocre when you're not balls deep in pints.

Comment

Having an Abrakebabra Epic Doner Burger meal right this second and it kicks the shite out of Zaytoon.

Awesome.

Persian lad cooked for me yesterday. Oul salt of the earth dear from East Wall cooking for me today.

She could teach him a thing or two.

Comment

Was given a Citroen C5 before xmas. Scrapped my old Ford for €330.

Was slightly wary of taking the Citroen but kind of awkward to refuse so just kept the fingers crossed it would be ok (owner had just spent €1100 in Oct 22) My instincts were saying no but it's a nice comfortable driver so figured given he had taken it to a main dealer recently they would have advised of anything that needed replacing.

​​​​​​Went for NCT 2 weeks ago and it had major fails all over the place....front wishbones and rear cylinder to sphere leak and steering rack etc
                                                                                                                        Mechanic said not worth fixing
                                                                                                                        €479 for scrap from cartakeback.ie

Anyway have a VW golf lined up

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                          Couldnt resist sending JP that picture of Henry touching Carragher leg when Rodgers sacking was announced.

I get the feeling he's had better mornings.
                                                                                                                          100%.
                                                                                                                          I can't imagine the facts of the story are exactly what we have read.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X