This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    Great weekend, but t​​​​​hat's my interest in poker firmly satiated for another year.

​​​​​​Mtts must be a soul crushing way to make a living.
    The Mrs will be delighted

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
      .Myself and Dobby back with the other 158 who have no hope against us
      Good luck lads
      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

good luck at the pokers boyz . Some day I'll make a pub game . When i get a minute

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
          Ship the Masters Sunday tickets
          That has worked out rather well for you with getting near two full rounds in today, albeit at the price of unseasonal weather. Enjoy.

Comment

Sitting on a boat on the nile in 36 degree heat. Nice Sunday!

Comment

Said a prayer at mass for Dobby and Dice. We will find out who god loves more.
              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Best of luck lads.

That's a great after winning the tickets.

It's funny I'd say about 20% of the people I played with were completely dead money. And the pros weren't too tough, at least on day 1. None of them were taking it seriously. Even on day 2 a guy at my table never took his eyes off his phone and punted it off.

I'm guessing for them it's just a high variance 1k so they're not getting too invested until they're deep.

Comment

Usually when you see mad play at a table no one raises an eyebrow. "Sur you had to call" etc no matter the logic.

Late on day 1, two guys were moved to my table. One in the blinds had been there a little longer and playing snug. Button was completely new and unknown.

I open 88, bu 3 bets, bb snap calls. I call.

Ts7sX

Bu bets, bb calls, I fold.

T
                  Bu bets 17k, bb shoves for ~60k which is > avg stack at the time

Bu is in pain thinking for ages, eventually calls with AcKc and shouts "come on an ace"

I do a double take.

Anyone I make eye contact with at the table is staring bug eyed at me, mouth open, wtf etc.

I was in the buttons field of version so I had to work hard to contain myself.

I don't think I've seen such quiet visceral reaction to a hand.
                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 09-04-23, 12:13.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                    Sitting on a boat on the nile in 36 degree heat. Nice Sunday!
                    Let's hope Shraaap doesn't end up in Denial.

If it was Paris, then he'd be Inseine.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

That has worked out rather well for you with getting near two full rounds in today, albeit at the price of unseasonal weather. Enjoy.
                      I actually thought they would be out finishing Round 3 by now but apparently the leaders are not due to play until 1pm local. Would they have any chance to complete today?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I actually thought they would be out finishing Round 3 by now but apparently the leaders are not due to play until 1pm local. Would they have any chance to complete today?
                        They are resuming in 15 minutes. That '1pm local' statement is causing confusion, it's the projected time of Round 4 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                          Started reading books and learning poker last April after failing to win a satellite for the Irish Open last year with the sole intention of playing it this year.

into day 3 with 20 bigs and a dream. Very tough, very active table with 2 well known pros and a couple of online crushers for the last 5 hours but held my own and if my AJ held up v A9 I'd have 400k for tomorrow but 243k it is and we go again.

Hopefully you go on a rampage and you and Dice chop heads up! Couple of hands is all it takes.

​​​​​

Comment

Hangover food
                            Soft flatbread with melted cheese, crispy bacon, grilled cherry tomatoes and a dollop of mayo
                            ​​​​​​​nom nom nom

Comment

One of the best lines I've ever read about you-know-who:

Trump is a poor person's idea of a rich person

Comment

Sam Bennett needs to pick up the pace, holy balls the guy is slow.

Gonna be an unreal final round two absolute bulls going at it. I have to admit, about 3 years ago I said Brooks would never win anything of note again. I felt he was mentally and physically done. He then won the WMPO a year later which was a mini resurgence and then faded into obscurity again before joining LIV.

BUT

Fuck me, its been so good having the guy back. Striping it. That par on 10 was next level. If he wins its going to add such a different layer to the whole LIV thing especially with his comments about regret and wanting to compete with the best.

I will be glued to the couch today.
                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                  Sam Bennett needs to pick up the pace, holy balls the guy is slow.

Gonna be an unreal final round two absolute bulls going at it. I have to admit, about 3 years ago I said Brooks would never win anything of note again. I felt he was mentally and physically done. He then won the WMPO a year later which was a mini resurgence and then faded into obscurity again before joining LIV.

BUT

Fuck me, its been so good having the guy back. Striping it. That par on 10 was next level. If he wins its going to add such a different layer to the whole LIV thing especially with his comments about regret and wanting to compete with the best.

I will be glued to the couch today.
                                  I fancy Koepka and Rahm to struggle round 4 . Cantlay Hovland lurking - somethings afoot

Comment

Dice still in there pitching in the IO with 60 or so remaining.

If he by some miracle doesn't take it down, there is a perfectly-named alternative champion:

SPOILER
                                    Jonas Degen

Comment

If he by some miracle doesn't take it down, there is a perfectly-named alternative champion:

SPOILER
                                      Jonas Degen
                                      dobby is goneso like his namesake in the penultimate harry potter movie?
                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

good lord, that seems incredibly high for this day and age.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

dobby is goneso like his namesake in the penultimate harry potter movie?
                                          Just checked there and he busted 102nd for just shy of €4k.

Great run.

Well done Sam.

GL Dice
                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

UL Dobby but nice 4k uptick all the same

Is Dice still in?

Andy Black, Seamus Cahill and another lad in a 3 way all in.
                                            Seamus has them covered Andy with A10 hearts, other lad A10 and Seamus with 99

Andy turns a Royal Flush!

On a break now but new feature table will have both Andy and Seamus

Think John o Shea will be on it too.

Comment

Dice busted in 52nd place for 6k. Great run, WP!!
                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                Dice busted in 52nd place for 6k. Great run, WP!!
                                                6k is probably breakeven money for a Dice BH weekend drinking session.

Comment

Cheers, struggled all day and finally found a flip to get to average stack but AK never works

Comment

John O Shea was doing well on the feature Won a big pot with A3 hearts v Seamus Cahill's A2
                                                    Rivered the nut flush and stuck in a big bet
                                                    He was on about 3mill and chippie on the table about an hour ago

Comment

Backed a Jennies Jewel horse each way in the last at Fairyhouse Tommys Call 150/1(sp100/1). Got a place in 3rd, ran a blinder.
                                                      With Jarlath Fahey trainer same as Jennies Jewel I suspect Strewlpeter was involved in some way. Well done Strewlpeter and connections.

Comment

Poker lotto at the Irish Open was €12,700 the rules are the first number out isn't the winner it's the second number out that wins. My wife was the first number out

DEVASTATED!!!
                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

o Shea must have a bet on the golf!

Comment

Koepka playing the adult version of the Easter Egg hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                              Koepka playing the adult version of the Easter Egg hunt.
                                                              It's a bit anticlimactic now with him falling to pieces.

Rahm does have the look of a man who'd put on a stone if he even looked at an Easter Egg.

Comment

It's a bit anticlimactic now with him falling to pieces.

Rahm does have the look of a man who'd put on a stone if he even looked at an Easter Egg.
                                                                Only sn Emergency positive covid test being rushed to Agusta can stop Rahm now .

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                  Backed a Jennies Jewel horse each way in the last at Fairyhouse Tommys Call 150/1(sp100/1). Got a place in 3rd, ran a blinder.
                                                                  With Jarlath Fahey trainer same as Jennies Jewel I suspect Strewlpeter was involved in some way. Well done Strewlpeter and connections.
                                                                  Cheers Aiden, there was a lot on the line today, it was a big call to buy him back at the sales, so a lot of belief and hope invested him. I was hopeful for a big run but wasn't close to the kind of confidence that I'd need to be putting it up here. We were thrilled with the run and very excited for his future, he's a fantastic stamp of a horse who really caught the eye in the paddock. Some tough decisions to be made now but they are very much good problems to have.

Great day's racing with Jarlath's mare in the grade 1 novice which we did really fancy in the EW and without markets running a solid second at 80/1 and then with Tommies Call finishing 3rd a 100/1 the place part of the ew double paid 350/1

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Genuinely shocked to hear that Seve would have only been 66 today.
                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                      Genuinely shocked to hear that Seve would have only been 66 today.
                                                                      Less shocking after the 66th time you’ve heard it on skys coverage
                                                                      Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Thanks for the comments and support lads. Popped round to some friends for dinner after busting the main and went back for the €350 Liam Flood Turbo. Final tabled it with 6 bigs and couldn't get a spin. 7th for €2600.

3 events played, 2 cashes and 1 final table playing my 1st ever Irish Open. Might do a little trip report for anyone that cares. Gg

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                          Jonas Degen
                                                                          Played with this kid for a few hours in the turbo. German chap. Nice kid. Asked was it his real name when I saw his ticket. He said he gets a lot of attention from PokerNews at events because of the headlines they can write with that name. Pretty solid player too tbf which is kind of ironic I guess.

Comment

There were a few in for the full 9 bullets in the Main Event, explains a lot of the play i saw

One hand at my table ended up with 4 million chips in the middle on the turn when the average was 500k, 34 shoved with bottom pair - no draws called by AK with no draws and held

Comment

There were a few in for the full 9 bullets in the Main Event, explains a lot of the play i saw

One hand at my table ended up with 4 million chips in the middle on the turn when the average was 500k, 34 shoved with bottom pair - no draws called by AK with no draws and held
                                                                              I thought Docherty’s call with Ace high was good and then that happened. Highlight hand of the tourney and then table breaks

Comment

They'd have to get very deep to b/e there

In unrelated news, bookdepositary is closing down, there's an easy way to export your wishlist before it disappears.

Comment

Any fancies for the Irish GN later? The fickle finger of fate has landed on Real Steel for me.

Comment

Any fancies for the Irish GN later? The fickle finger of fate has landed on Real Steel for me.
                                                                                    got word for the Goffer
                                                                                    nice ew bet

Comment

Probably a bit self indulgent but my 1st time playing irish open weekend for those who want to read. And a TLDR warning for those who don't.

SPOILER

For me it's the pinnacle of Irish poker and remember going to watch my Dad on the feature table one year, meeting Liam Flood who got our little sister past security and I was hooked. Dealt it a few years and when I stopped dealing, always went down to the party for a day or 2. Never intending to play it but played the mini.

Like a lot of people, I got back into online poker during covid and after a couple of small wins figured I must be doing something OK so started playing live and decided I'd try a few satts for the Irish Open. Didn't get in last year so bought Dokes books and started my study journey with the sole intention of playing the Irish Open this year.

Started off in the Bonnington to get used to playing live again, chopping a game in December for my best score at the time, played a few festivals in Killarney, ACOP, IPT etc and started cashing so all was going to plan and made my 1st final table a couple of weeks back in the new APT tour in City North.

So onto the Irish Open and the plan was to get in some way, any way. Played 2 satts on Tuesday and Wednesday, going pretty deep on Wednesday but no joy and that was the dream over for another year.

Luckily, I'd been keeping a friend updated and woke up to a message on Thursday morning. He bagged day 1A Wednesday so had a spare ticket and would stick me in for %. Where there's a will there's a way.

So I jumped into day 1C Friday about 6pm and had a nice table. The only good player was LuckyMo and it was very impressive to watch him go about his business. Played with him a few times recently and I'm sure anyone who has met him will agree he's not only a top player but also one of the nicest guys you'll meet.

Unfortunately for him, we had a huge clash and I got incredibly lucky. I'm down to 16k at 300/600 blinds. He's been playing quite aggressively and definitely has the run of the table. He makes it 1200 from HJ, I decide to slow play KK on the button and the BB calls too. After slow playing here, I'm never folding and if they have it then gg. The 3 of us get it in on the turn. Bb has 66 for a flopped set, Mo has 85hh for a turned flush and I've got the Kh and we bink the Ace of hearts on the river to get us going.

Couple of table changes in a field with over 1000 runners for the day and we chip up nicely to end the day with 110k.

Day 2, i had a pretty stakced table with some online crushers and live pros. Was sat next to BigMickG for a lot of it and we didn't clash but had a sick couple of levels to both lose some chips. Got a couple of table changes and hit a little sun run to get up to almost 200k and cruising along. Thankfully the bubble burst pretty quickly so we could relax and settle back into playing. I got to Pokerhands table just before he bust but was nice to play alongside a friend for a while.

Finished the day on the most active table I've ever played on with a top online Pro and Benny Glaser and a couple of other solid well known tournament players. It was great to see players like that up close and definitely a learning experience. Managed to hold my own, despite being card dead for around 3 hours and losing with AJ v A9 all in pre and bagged up 243k which was good for 20bb on day 3. When you're that card dead and not playing a hand, they believe your 3 bets so thankfully a few got through late in the day. 3 betting pros with relative air did feel nice and an adjustment I couldn't have made 12 months ago.

Day 3 got off to a great start, we go through the blinds and I shove KJdd from the button. Bb wakes up with A8s and we bink a Jack. Make some uncalled raises to tip over 500k and now in a good position to ladder and play.

2 all ins don't go our way. Short stack shoves for 10bb, we call AJ in bb, he has A4 and binks the 4. Then in a weird hand, the guy beside me folds out of turn, next to act shoves. Dealer stops the action and I look down at AK. I make the call and then call the shove and he has Tens. Flops us dead by flopping quads and leaves us with 20bb again.

1st hand back after the break, another weird spot. The bb comes to the table, puts his blinds and ante out and walks away. I look down at AQdd and decide to raise to induce a 3 bet or shove. Bb obliges and he has 88. We flop the flush draw but can't get there and have to settle for 102nd place out of 2491 players for €3950.

Dusted myself off, went to the bar and downed a pint in about 3 seconds, bar man shook my hand and says that's impressive lol. He didn't know the weekend I'd just had.

Had a dinner invitation at 4pm but decided to jump into the Mini and either get a stack early, or bust and it was all going to plan. Got it in for a 50k pot in the 5th level with 9T on QJ8 flop against KK. Board ran out 9 T to give him a bigger straight which is the worst beat I've had for quite a while so off we go for dinner. Luckily the friends live in Clondalkin so a nice little spin in the car to clear the head, bit of food and chat to relax with people who hardly know what a deck of cards is and zero poker chat. The tonic I needed.

So left their house after half 5 to head back in for the Liam Flood 6 max €350 turbo at 6pm. This couldn't have gone any better with the table draw. Had an english pro who had just bubbled the 3k High roller and was just splashing around while waiting for a flight home. Got his stack and got another lads stack after getting it in pre with AK v QJ v A7, board ran out AQJ 4 T. Nuts! So that was nice and gave us 120k at the break.

Table change was less than favourable with Marc McDonnell on my immediate left. I always seem to get drawn against top players which is less than ideal but I guess its all experience. Luckily for me, we had a cooler blind on blind where I raised AQ, he shoved A7 and we held.

After that, play got quite crappy with a 15min clock and not all levels in play, it was trucking along. Got very lucky in 2 huge spots to get to the bubble which bust almost instantly and all of a sudden we're laddering with shorties going busto.

We manage to get to the final table with 6bb but can't get the spin needed, shoving 2.5bb with Q7hh into ATss, we flop the flush draw but can't get there. A 7th place finish for €2600 was bittersweet after coming so close to my 1st big W but after getting horrendously lucky in a few spots, I'll take it.

Obviously, not every festival is going to go like that but it was hugely satisfying cashing the event I targeted 12 months ago and then cashing the Liam Flood memorial just iced off a brilliant weekend.

JP and the lads did a prety good job with the venue to give them their dues. Made it look as good as they could and from a quick wander I had in the players lounge, it looked like a good set up. Also the €7 parking was reasonable given the part of town we were in and 24 hour security with more than enough space to accommodate everyone. Always nice to hangout with IPB favourites Dice, Smurf, Denny and JamieCarra. Think i noticed Murdrum and Jibbzzz coming out of retirement too. Danny got some great snaps too which the Mrs and friends who don't play loved seeing which I appreciate.

3 events played. 2 cashes. 1 final table for a pretty surreal and unexpected weekend.

Comment

Good read Dobby and a very nice touch. Not easy to do.
                                                                                        Actually really enjoyed watching the feature table.
                                                                                        table.Some tough spots that were great to watch.
                                                                                        ​​​​​​Didn't make it out this year.
                                                                                        Was playing small cash online and erased the loss over the past 6 months so happy enough with that.
                                                                                        Usually long w/e is when I dust off whatever tank I built up in the preceding month or two playing after drinking.
                                                                                        Managed to restrain the tilt factor last night despite getting pulverised nearly every hand.
                                                                                        Same today so cashed out and logged off
                                                                                        (Omaha cash games by the way so huge volatility is to be expected)

Tournaments are a great buzz when you go deep. It's the pain of busting out after × number of hours or to the horrible beats that generally pushes me towards cash games. Not that I'm playing regularly really.

Last edited by dinekes; 10-04-23, 15:16.

Comment

Great read Sam. Congrats on a fantastic weekend.
                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                                            Good read Dobby and a very nice touch. Not easy to do.
                                                                                            Actually really enjoyed watching the feature table.
                                                                                            table.Some tough spots that were great to watch.
                                                                                            ​​​​​​Didn't make it out this year.
                                                                                            Was playing small cash online and erased the loss over the past 6 months so happy enough with that.
                                                                                            Usually long w/e is when I dust off whatever tank I built up in the preceding month or two playing after drinking.
                                                                                            Managed to restrain the tilt factor last night despite getting pulverised nearly every hand.
                                                                                            Same today so cashed out and logged off
                                                                                            (Omaha cash games by the way so huge volatility is to be expected)

Tournaments are a great buzz when you go deep. It's the pain of busting out after × number of hours or to the horrible beats that generally pushes me towards cash games. Not that I'm playing regularly really.

I cut out the booze altogether while playing after taking some advice from a mate. So that's helped. For me it was always poker and pints so I've just started driving everywhere now. Also stopped playing cash completely and just leave if I bust a tourney.

I'd say Omaha cash can be fun? Rather you than me though

Comment

It seems the idea being thrown around that five Russian soldiers were dying for every one Ukrainian soldier was, as you'd expect, a lie. https://i.imgur.com/432JeXg.jpg - this from the leaked Pentagon files. Although the Ukrainians are killing two Russians for every Ukrainian, so they are doing admirably well.

I just don't get why the need for the lying? In the same way as the lie about Russia blowing up their own pipeline. Like, everyone already supports the Ukrainians - why the need for the US to add mistruth on top of it? It just then creates doubt about all news when it is inevitably found out, and provides support to conspiracy theorists.

Edit: the link above is to the unaltered casulty figures not the rather dodgy attempt by Russia to lower the figures:

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 10-04-23, 16:14.

Comment

Probably a bit self indulgent but my 1st time playing irish open weekend for those who want to read. And a TLDR warning for those who don't.

SPOILER

For me it's the pinnacle of Irish poker and remember going to watch my Dad on the feature table one year, meeting Liam Flood who got our little sister past security and I was hooked. Dealt it a few years and when I stopped dealing, always went down to the party for a day or 2. Never intending to play it but played the mini.

Like a lot of people, I got back into online poker during covid and after a couple of small wins figured I must be doing something OK so started playing live and decided I'd try a few satts for the Irish Open. Didn't get in last year so bought Dokes books and started my study journey with the sole intention of playing the Irish Open this year.

Started off in the Bonnington to get used to playing live again, chopping a game in December for my best score at the time, played a few festivals in Killarney, ACOP, IPT etc and started cashing so all was going to plan and made my 1st final table a couple of weeks back in the new APT tour in City North.

So onto the Irish Open and the plan was to get in some way, any way. Played 2 satts on Tuesday and Wednesday, going pretty deep on Wednesday but no joy and that was the dream over for another year.

Luckily, I'd been keeping a friend updated and woke up to a message on Thursday morning. He bagged day 1A Wednesday so had a spare ticket and would stick me in for %. Where there's a will there's a way.

So I jumped into day 1C Friday about 6pm and had a nice table. The only good player was LuckyMo and it was very impressive to watch him go about his business. Played with him a few times recently and I'm sure anyone who has met him will agree he's not only a top player but also one of the nicest guys you'll meet.

Unfortunately for him, we had a huge clash and I got incredibly lucky. I'm down to 16k at 300/600 blinds. He's been playing quite aggressively and definitely has the run of the table. He makes it 1200 from HJ, I decide to slow play KK on the button and the BB calls too. After slow playing here, I'm never folding and if they have it then gg. The 3 of us get it in on the turn. Bb has 66 for a flopped set, Mo has 85hh for a turned flush and I've got the Kh and we bink the Ace of hearts on the river to get us going.

Couple of table changes in a field with over 1000 runners for the day and we chip up nicely to end the day with 110k.

Day 2, i had a pretty stakced table with some online crushers and live pros. Was sat next to BigMickG for a lot of it and we didn't clash but had a sick couple of levels to both lose some chips. Got a couple of table changes and hit a little sun run to get up to almost 200k and cruising along. Thankfully the bubble burst pretty quickly so we could relax and settle back into playing. I got to Pokerhands table just before he bust but was nice to play alongside a friend for a while.

Finished the day on the most active table I've ever played on with a top online Pro and Benny Glaser and a couple of other solid well known tournament players. It was great to see players like that up close and definitely a learning experience. Managed to hold my own, despite being card dead for around 3 hours and losing with AJ v A9 all in pre and bagged up 243k which was good for 20bb on day 3. When you're that card dead and not playing a hand, they believe your 3 bets so thankfully a few got through late in the day. 3 betting pros with relative air did feel nice and an adjustment I couldn't have made 12 months ago.

Day 3 got off to a great start, we go through the blinds and I shove KJdd from the button. Bb wakes up with A8s and we bink a Jack. Make some uncalled raises to tip over 500k and now in a good position to ladder and play.

2 all ins don't go our way. Short stack shoves for 10bb, we call AJ in bb, he has A4 and binks the 4. Then in a weird hand, the guy beside me folds out of turn, next to act shoves. Dealer stops the action and I look down at AK. I make the call and then call the shove and he has Tens. Flops us dead by flopping quads and leaves us with 20bb again.

1st hand back after the break, another weird spot. The bb comes to the table, puts his blinds and ante out and walks away. I look down at AQdd and decide to raise to induce a 3 bet or shove. Bb obliges and he has 88. We flop the flush draw but can't get there and have to settle for 102nd place out of 2491 players for €3950.

Dusted myself off, went to the bar and downed a pint in about 3 seconds, bar man shook my hand and says that's impressive lol. He didn't know the weekend I'd just had.

Had a dinner invitation at 4pm but decided to jump into the Mini and either get a stack early, or bust and it was all going to plan. Got it in for a 50k pot in the 5th level with 9T on QJ8 flop against KK. Board ran out 9 T to give him a bigger straight which is the worst beat I've had for quite a while so off we go for dinner. Luckily the friends live in Clondalkin so a nice little spin in the car to clear the head, bit of food and chat to relax with people who hardly know what a deck of cards is and zero poker chat. The tonic I needed.

So left their house after half 5 to head back in for the Liam Flood 6 max €350 turbo at 6pm. This couldn't have gone any better with the table draw. Had an english pro who had just bubbled the 3k High roller and was just splashing around while waiting for a flight home. Got his stack and got another lads stack after getting it in pre with AK v QJ v A7, board ran out AQJ 4 T. Nuts! So that was nice and gave us 120k at the break.

Table change was less than favourable with Marc McDonnell on my immediate left. I always seem to get drawn against top players which is less than ideal but I guess its all experience. Luckily for me, we had a cooler blind on blind where I raised AQ, he shoved A7 and we held.

After that, play got quite crappy with a 15min clock and not all levels in play, it was trucking along. Got very lucky in 2 huge spots to get to the bubble which bust almost instantly and all of a sudden we're laddering with shorties going busto.

We manage to get to the final table with 6bb but can't get the spin needed, shoving 2.5bb with Q7hh into ATss, we flop the flush draw but can't get there. A 7th place finish for €2600 was bittersweet after coming so close to my 1st big W but after getting horrendously lucky in a few spots, I'll take it.

Obviously, not every festival is going to go like that but it was hugely satisfying cashing the event I targeted 12 months ago and then cashing the Liam Flood memorial just iced off a brilliant weekend.

JP and the lads did a prety good job with the venue to give them their dues. Made it look as good as they could and from a quick wander I had in the players lounge, it looked like a good set up. Also the €7 parking was reasonable given the part of town we were in and 24 hour security with more than enough space to accommodate everyone. Always nice to hangout with IPB favourites Dice, Smurf, Denny and JamieCarra. Think i noticed Murdrum and Jibbzzz coming out of retirement too. Danny got some great snaps too which the Mrs and friends who don't play loved seeing which I appreciate.

3 events played. 2 cashes. 1 final table for a pretty surreal and unexpected weekend.
                                                                                                Fair play Sam, and Well done.
                                                                                                you caught me just when I was tilting a bit, I exited in somewhat brutal fashion when the other guy caught an miracle turn card.
                                                                                                Had AQ, flop comes down 67Q. Had raised preflop and flop with him calling both. All in on the turn with a river Q being meaningless. Turn was 8.

He had 5 9. . How he called to my bets preflop and flop, is beyond me. I see he made final table... GL to him.
                                                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I cut out the booze altogether while playing after taking some advice from a mate. So that's helped. For me it was always poker and pints so I've just started driving everywhere now. Also stopped playing cash completely and just leave if I bust a tourney.

I'd say Omaha cash can be fun? Rather you than me though
                                                                                                  Yes booze and poker is not a good mix.

Omaha cash is a great game. Your typical live game it will generally be relatively easy to get your money in good (which doesn't equate to winning sadly) once you know what you're doing. It's generally a lot of 60/40 s but you can pick up loads of the smaller pots in position plus you can have guys who overplay the big pairs and flopped 2 pair merchants etc crushed but they just don't see it . Last year's Norwegian/Irish open there was some amazing value on the tables.

Had several sets with FD yesterday and today which got scuppered but that's the gig. Had a beautiful 9910J with hearts on a 78Q board (78 hearts) today

6910J or heart to scoop (with kill card 10 hearts for SF)

Versus 2337 (2 hearts)

And other guy with..
                                                                                                  Q589 (no hearts)

3 way all in and I'm 55% to scoop

(I didn't)

​​​​​

Comment

Succession back on form.

SPOILER
                                                                                                    Presumably the kids completely fuck things up from here, thus confirming Logan's opinion of them

Comment

I like having a few drinks when playing, but then again its really mostly from a social perspective that i play.

i think it can work both ways. The bad way is obvious but it can open your game to make good plays that you ordinarily may not. At least thats the way it seems to work for me

Comment

SPOILER

great report, i enjoyed reading that.

I think it's coming up on six months since the last time I played poker, definitely the longest I've gone without playing since 2004! I'm studying at the moment and turned into a Lazare early-morning wanker, so I never feel like doing anything cerebral in the evenings.

There's a casino down the road from me that has pretty good cash games, it's basically $100nlh but it's in pesos so it feels a lot bigger!

Comment

IO TR -
                                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                                          Packed the wife and kids off for weekend on Wednesday went to the pub and seems I won a ticket then had half a chance. Spent more hours in the bar than the Main Event and lost a flip.

Trade off is paying for wife to go horseriding in morning till Friday and stuck with kids and work.

Delighted for Dobby and such a gent for a couple of lifts over and back on his way when driving may not have been the best idea for me.

PS Brady, I should have taken our flip instead of the one i took

TLDR - IO is a party, poker is a side event for me.

Comment

IO TR -
                                                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                                                            Packed the wife and kids off for weekend on Wednesday went to the pub and seems I won a ticket then had half a chance. Spent more hours in the bar than the Main Event and lost a flip.

Trade off is paying for wife to go horseriding in morning till Friday and stuck with kids and work.

Delighted for Dobby and such a gent for a couple of lifts over and back on his way when driving may not have been the best idea for me.

PS Brady, I should have taken our flip instead of the one i took

TLDR - IO is a party, poker is a side event for me.
                                                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                                                            I’d have advised you to take it given I didn’t win a flip all weekend.

Every time I seemed to claw my way towards the average stack mark, I was knocked back a peg.

That said the real undoing tends to be when you get it in with 0.3% equity

Comment

Should have quit my subscription to Netflix ages ago, as I watch so little there. Enjoying Beef, though it may be the drunk public holiday thinking

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Succession back on form.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                Presumably the kids completely fuck things up from here, thus confirming Logan's opinion of them
                                                                                                                SPOILER

“Every time an old man starts talking about Napoleon, you know they’re going to die.”

.

Comment

6 bullets was the max anybody did.
                                                                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

Some people tell tall tales so

Comment

Well done on the Pokers - great fun by the looks of it.

Rorymc gone into hiding ?

Comment

What ever happened to TheDrunkenOne?
                                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

They must have thrown a few shells twice

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X