This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
    What are the chances of Trump having a tiny dick being entered into evidence?

His legal team challenging it?

It then being required that he produce evidence to confirm?
    Nice read for toast lovers .

The first in what will likely be several indictments against ex-president Donald Trump was unsealed yesterday, so it’s time to unpack and analyze! A few notes first, though, so we are all on the same page. The indictment itself is a very dry document containing what feel like repetitious charges, where just a few numbers and words have been changed from count to count. There are 34 counts of “Falsifying Records in the First Degree”—and we’ll later get to a reminder of what that means. They break down into 11 falsified invoices, 12 false general ledger entries and 11 false checks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Yeah, they usually start to release them around the first week in May

For just a small fee, you, like many others, can sign up to Lao Lao's Luscious Liquid Alerts
      Has been my go to for 40th birthdays and weddings that either don’t need the cash or we won’t go to.

Time to start buying for myself tho so please do share the research.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

See Perkins gave Shaun Deeb 10-1 on a Bodyfat loss bet last week. He has to get down from current stats to 17% bodyfat over the course of a year. 100k to Bill's 1 million. He is around 6ft and over 300 pounds atm and estimates he is currently 45%. He is getting a Dexa scan this week to confirm the starting number.
        he looks about 310pds so 22 stone. A year to lose 8 stone or 110pd. 2pds a week. Handy enough

​​​​​​Hire a personal trainer and chef for the year
        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Yeah, they usually start to release them around the first week in May

For just a small fee, you, like many others, can sign up to Lao Lao's Luscious Liquid Alerts
          Can you just pay cellaring fees so you don't have to store the vino yourself? Also removes late night temptation.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Saw that question asked in some Facebook group last week and Paul O Reilly replied that there was not. I found it odd because they've always charged 3% for card fees which is why I always use cash. Will try to dig out the reply and send it to you
            Miscommunication there.

(This may all be standard but I haven't been playing much poker)

Can't buy in direct with card, have to go to the cash desk to buy chips, it is 3%, and you need paper id (which I never even thought about bringing).

All grand, but would have saved time if they included that in the faq.

At least it gave me the opportunity to brush shoulders with lads who are chip dumping suspect loots.
            Last edited by Denny Crane; 05-04-23, 21:40.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post

he looks about 310pds so 22 stone. A year to lose 8 stone or 110pd. 2pds a week. Handy enough

110lbs of fat. But he’d he have such a calorie deficit that lose muscle mass too. Might need to lose 120lbs or more. I think it’s a pretty big ask to maintain 2lbs a week for so long.

Comment

Also first table I sit at, I'm beside a guy who owes me money.

lol donkaments

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Can you just pay cellaring fees so you don't have to store the vino yourself? Also removes late night temptation.
                  No, the website says they currently can't offer storage facilities. You need to bury it under the not so good stuff and give Mrs Duke a stern warning and yourself an even sterner warning

Comment

This is the stash I've got arriving next week. They've also got a decent offer on at the minute where you get a bottle worth over €100 if you spend €800. Only applies to non discounted non en primeur stuff though, but decent if you want to bulk out your Tuesday offering.
                    Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 21.33.51.png

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Miscommunication there.

(This may all be standard but I haven't been playing much poker)

Can't buy in direct with card, have to go to the cash desk to buy chips, it is 3%, and you need paper id (which I never even thought about bringing).

All grand, but would have saved time if they included that in the faq.

At least it gave me the opportunity to brush shoulders with lads who are chip dumping suspect loots.
                      I used my debit card to get chips at the desk on Monday night and there was no fee.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post

I used my debit card to get chips at the desk on Monday night and there was no fee.
                        Same experience Tuesday.

Comment

Played a satellite last night. No luck but did get to see some glorious play. Man called a raise pre, called bets on the flop and turn to hit a runner runner gutshot with J3o to knock out the lad beside me. First time i've heard anyone call someone a donkey to their face in a long long time

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                            Played a satellite last night. No luck but did get to see some glorious play. Man called a raise pre, called bets on the flop and turn to hit a runner runner gutshot with J3o to knock out the lad beside me. First time i've heard anyone call someone a donkey to their face in a long long time
                            When you know its coming you know its coming...
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

There's definitely value in playing from the start. Had a woman at my table playing 100% of hands. Limp in, call any raise. Somehow she got up to 120k. The spiral started when she limp called a 20bb shove with J3o. She was gone 15mins later.

Those satts are so soft, just need to hold up when it matters.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

When you know its coming you know its coming...
                                He just kept pointing to the button to explain his thought process

Comment

In fairness to the donkey, A, 2, 4, 5 had been hitting the board all night long and he'd already folded a 3 pre flop 4 times previously.

Comment

Masters Wanking time .

Gigiddy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

110lbs of fat. But he’d he have such a calorie deficit that lose muscle mass too. Might need to lose 120lbs or more. I think it’s a pretty big ask to maintain 2lbs a week for so long.
                                      I think it is a fairly good line. As Mellor says you are losing muscle as well as fat with the weight. It is why a percentage fat loss bet is much better than a pure weight loss bet as it promotes ending at a healthy body composition rather than a certain weight which is what the goal should be for anyone trying to get in shape. That number from studies is around 20-35% muscle to fat when purely losing weight without exercise from a calorie deficit. It is lower the more fat you are carrying and gets higher in muscle loss percentage as you lean out. You can do things to offset the muscle loss like weight training. Doing weight training while in a calorie deficit is hard, very hard.

From what I can gather he never played sports and has never been in shape in his life. You are talking about a complete lifestyle change. Lighting weights, eating healthy, and no alcohol all while always being in a calorie deficit so you feel like crap the majority of the time for a whole year.
                                      Last edited by Opr; 06-04-23, 12:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                        Masters Wanking time .

Gigiddy.
                                        Irishman leading

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post

Irishman leading
                                          Just imagine if he...

Comment

He just kept pointing to the button to explain his thought process
                                            That's next level. Did he bink a ticket in the end?

Comment

Went to the Horse Show House at 1pm, shipped a ticket at 3am. Easy Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                Went to the Horse Show House at 1pm, shipped a ticket at 3am. Easy Game.
                                                Not that one is going to go there, but I'm guessing there is nowhere convenient to park around there if one did wish to?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

That's next level. Did he bink a ticket in the end?
                                                  I didn't last long enough to see

And now for a bad beat story.....

Comment

Just going through the various links on this guy's weekly update to stuff that has happened in AI in the last week. If you are on Reddit and have any interest in AI, worth following him as he posts this weekly. The first link he posted is incredible. This is a very early look at closed-loop systems for programming.

Autogpt is GPT-4 running fully autonomously. It even has a voice, can fix code, set tasks, create new instances and more.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Not that one is going to go there, but I'm guessing there is nowhere convenient to park around there if one did wish to?
                                                      Plenty of parking on site, €7 a day with 24 hour security. If you see a spot where the car fits, dump it and off you go. I've only used the Anglesea entrance.

Comment

The parking was actually the main worry of mine cos getting a late bus home would have been an absolute pain but parking has been fine and it's been busy down there every day.

Comment

If you get knocked out , take a short walk to watch the Rugby in the Aviva .

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                            The parking was actually the main worry of mine cos getting a late bus home would have been an absolute pain but parking has been fine and it's been busy down there every day.
                                                            So you wouldn’t imagine any need to arrive before the start of Day 1 tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

So you wouldn’t imagine any need to arrive before the start of Day 1 tomorrow?
                                                              I plan on getting there around 5pm and don't anticipate a problem

Comment

Faldo ate his fill at the Masters dinner . Looking puffy .

Comment

Whoever dyes his and Lauras hair needs thr bullet

Comment

He's been spending a lot of time wintering in Montana. Nothing there to do but eat in the depths.
                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Had a lol at this hand history and the guy tweeting trying to make sense of live poker in Ireland. 3 way all in on J85 flop with King's up against Aces and 88 lol.

Comment

It's that time of year when I pluck up the courage to watch 'Eternal Sunshine' again .

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Thinking back over my years playing poker if I had one regret it was never getting to play the IO.

What's the buy in now? Was what, €4k during our heydays?

I came agonisingly close to a ticket one year in a live Sat in The Fitz. Had a lad dominated and covered all in heads up with 10 10, he binked and came back for the ticket. Got €2k or so for 2nd but was gutted.

Getting a hankering for it now reading all this tbh.
                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                            Thinking back over my years playing poker if I had one regret it was never getting to play the IO.

I came agonisingly close to a ticket one year in a live Sat in The Fitz. Had a lad dominated and covered all in heads up with 10 10, he binked and came back for the ticket. Got €2k or so for 2nd but was gutted.

A mere €1150 these days, you know you want to....

Comment

[QUOTE=Lazare;n1733597]Thinking back over my years playing poker if I had one regret it was never getting to play the IO.

Getting a hankering for it now reading all this tbh.[/QUOTEQUO
                                                                              still sattys going ...even on the Saturday there's a turbo satellite

Might drag myself over tomorrow but really not bothered this year. Tempted by the 350 Omaha again even though I played ridic bad in it last year.

Did well last year cash games wise but the tourneys were the usual nonsense.

Comment

Seems like the guarantee will be destroyed. Live poker is definitely back!

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                                                                                  Seems like the guarantee will be destroyed. Live poker is definitely back!
                                                                                  Guarantee only there for the flyers, will get well over double the €1m

Comment

Reg queue is at least 200 deep

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                      Reg queue is at least 200 deep
                                                                                      Horse Show House at 2pm, reg after dinner at 6pm at 100/300 level is my plan

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Used to be 3.5k.

This is my seventh or eight time playing it. All duck eggs so far.

Comment

My gf as I was leaving the house:

"you keep saying how bad everyone is and yet you never win"

Comment

I'm working at the Irish Open if you're at the venue over the weekend please do find me to say hello. Have seen a few faces over the last couple days which has been wonderful. Nostalgia is a motherfucker!!!

Bumped into Kayroo as I was on my out for the dinner break yesterday, I asked "how you doing?" his response was something along the lines of not very good. Honest as ever
                                                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Here's the second of my collaborations with the singer Aoife Nic Ardghail

Comment

Forgot to share my last choir performance, few dodgy bits (all the basses' fault of course) but was very well received:

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Rory ya dickhead.
                                                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I'd forgotten about the bloody church bells going off at the end. Yer man insisted he had turned them off but he'd had a few and we think they were already off but he turned them back on again. Nobody noticed.
                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Great insight into what inspired musical genius Danny Elfman, composer, The Simpsons, Nightmare Before Christmas, Batman etc..

Comment

Bagged 110k. Thanks to Danny for catching some nice snaps too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Horse Show House at 2pm, reg after dinner at 6pm at 100/300 level is my plan
                                                                                                          Yup, pub at 2pm, said id jump in at 6pm but fell into bad company with Fiery Easabi and a few old crew. Jumped into Turbo flight after midnight and spun up to 95k. Seems were back 2mrw at midday.

Really wish the wife wouldnt leave me alonr for these weekends

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Good fun around town last night. Mad to believe that it was closed down on Good Friday until so recently.

Comment

Was in One Pico for dinner. First time there. Bit pricey (what isn't, I suppose) but very nice.

Comment

Great weekend, but t​​​​​hat's my interest in poker firmly satiated for another year.

​​​​​​Mtts must be a soul crushing way to make a living.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 08-04-23, 15:52.

Comment

Nonsense. I won a $3.30 27TD tournament this afternoon for a cool $46

Probably my favourite variant, shame it never took off.

Comment

Updates on mofos left in IO

Vicarious living isn't easy you know!

Comment

.Myself and Dobby back with the other 158 who have no hope against us

Comment

Started reading books and learning poker last April after failing to win a satellite for the Irish Open last year with the sole intention of playing it this year.

into day 3 with 20 bigs and a dream. Very tough, very active table with 2 well known pros and a couple of online crushers for the last 5 hours but held my own and if my AJ held up v A9 I'd have 400k for tomorrow but 243k it is and we go again.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X