X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's one for HH....just learn the poem it will be a major hit

One of my top ten

Comment

Hangmen was quite the show. Killian Scott was unexpectedly brilliant. Pre show dinner in La Maison hit the spot for a great evening out.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
        Up in Enniskillen for a night. Very nice spot. Really like the way they have a lot of great pubs close to each other, makes a pub crawl that much easier. Highly recommend!!
        Last edited by pokerhand; 02-04-23, 08:41. Reason: Dumb drunk post
        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Anyone at The Teskey Brothers tonight?

Sick I didn't go. A friend sending me a few vids, looks like it was a good gig.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Best GP in quite some time. Great fun with lots of twists

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
              Best GP in quite some time. Great fun with lots of twists
              I'm choosing to believe this isn't about F1 and prostate exam comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                Mortgage advice please Raoul Duke III Hitchhiker's Guide To... et al

Have ~1 year left on a 3-year 2.35% fixed rate which just moved from KBC to BOI. Keen to lock in something longer term for peace of mind but unsure what to do.

BOI have offered me the following to fix for longer now:

2 Year Fixed 3.2%
                3 Year Fixed 3.3%
                5 Year Fixed 3.3%
                10 Year Fixed 3.8%

Was initially inclined to go for the 5 Year but if rates come down in a couple of years the breakage fee would be significant if I wanted to switch with 2 or 3 years left so perhaps the 3 Year is better? Any thoughts? Anyone fixed longer-term recently?
                We had a year left of a 5 year rate with BOI at 2.8% when I decided it was prudent to refix. Looked to move for a better rate as they were starting to go up, but couldn't get approval as the missus is on career break and a couple of other bits meant we didn't pass income checks despite never missing a payment of any type ever, and they took pension AVC payments as fixed outgoings too, which is daft.

Anyway, ended up refixing with boi for a 10 year rate of 3.3%, which is pretty long, but interest rates won't go back to where they were this time last year in the next 5 years at least. Take that 5 year rate if it's still on offer, they announced increases in the fixed rates the other day I think, so if you don't move now you'll be facing higher rates.

I last 5-10 years were the anomaly, not the norm.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                  Anyone at The Teskey Brothers tonight?

Sick I didn't go. A friend sending me a few vids, looks like it was a good gig.
                  Like these guys . Didnt know this was on
                  Thinking of going to that Police cover band next Friday out of interest as much as anything .

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

It's funny, but I can't stand the wait but what guy anymore, because his posts are so lengthy! Over the years it bothered me more and more to the point now that just thinking about him gets me angry. Fuck man, get a fucking editor! You could cut his posts by 80% easily.

I feel like in a few years people will realise that there is a lot of good to be gained from writers pooling resources and some VC will reinvent newspapers
                    That's what substack is. Nearly exponential growth.

Agree on the length. His post on friends was very good
                    When you're young, you make friends kind of by accident. Then they stick. That's why you're now part of these 10 odd friendships.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

We had a year left of a 5 year rate with BOI at 2.8% when I decided it was prudent to refix. Looked to move for a better rate as they were starting to go up, but couldn't get approval as the missus is on career break and a couple of other bits meant we didn't pass income checks despite never missing a payment of any type ever, and they took pension AVC payments as fixed outgoings too, which is daft.

Anyway, ended up refixing with boi for a 10 year rate of 3.3%, which is pretty long, but interest rates won't go back to where they were this time last year in the next 5 years at least. Take that 5 year rate if it's still on offer, they announced increases in the fixed rates the other day I think, so if you don't move now you'll be facing higher rates.

I last 5-10 years were the anomaly, not the norm.
                      It’s worth considering that Ireland has been one of slowest movers in the EU. I know the rate hike you’re talking about was in Ireland but more generally ECB moves don’t necessarily mean they’ll be passed on.

Also, there has been seismic moves in Narrow Money in recent weeks with people looking to move that to something more long term.
                      Banks feeling pressure to pass on the hikes to depositors as well as they’re hesitant that this is transient and they don’t want to be locked into higher rates for the long term.

My sense of it is that we might see a 50pt move before end of the year in two 25pt increments. The whole SVB & Credit Suisse issues have really spooked them regarding systemic risk so I think they’re closing in on the end of the moves.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                        Up in Enniskillen for a night. Very nice spot. Really like the way they have a lot of great pubs close to each other, makes a pub crawl that much easier. Highly recommend!!
                        When ya have recovered, give us an ol rundown on a night out in Enniskillen- always looking for a different spot for a sesh.

Comment

Should I be watching Succession?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                            Should I be watching Succession?
                            First season was very good, second good as well with a couple of standout episodes, 3rd definitely dipped, and the first episode in S4 is a bit silly as well. Most characters are horrible with no redeeming features, going from those with no morals to those joke/somewhat entertaining characters who still do terrible things to get along, to those that are just a bit bizarre. Worth watching, mostly because S4 will be the last so you know what you are getting into, but might not be to everyone's tastes.

Comment

First season was very good, second good as well with a couple of standout episodes, 3rd definitely dipped, and the first episode in S4 is a bit silly as well. Most characters are horrible with no redeeming features, going from those with no morals to those joke/somewhat entertaining characters who still do terrible things to get along, to those that are just a bit bizarre. Worth watching, mostly because S4 will be the last so you know what you are getting into, but might not be to everyone's tastes.
                              The dialogue is great. And it's very funny.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Personally think S3 was the best, in particular when you read into the layers written into the dialogue (NB the Greek mythology references), the scene in Ep1 with Greg and Tom I found hilarious

Comment

What are the side events at the Irish Open like? Structure/Payout wise? Turbo crapshoots, or decently structured.
                                  failing that, any decent games on Monday-Wednesday?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                    What are the side events at the Irish Open like? Structure/Payout wise? Turbo crapshoots, or decently structured.
                                    The main ones in the traditional side event category:

350e 6 max today 4pm 30k/30mins 13K winner
                                    250e Hendon Mob tomorrow 4pm 15k/30mins 10K winner
                                    350e Americas Cup on Wednesday 2pm 30k/30mins 13k winner

I haven’t looked through them thoroughly so maybe some difference in levels but look largely the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Personally think S3 was the best, in particular when you read into the layers written into the dialogue (NB the Greek mythology references), the scene in Ep1 with Greg and Tom I found hilarious
                                      I always fall into the trap of thinking 'surely Greg will stand up for himself soon and he can't be as dumb as he is written'...and then he continues being dumb.

Would really love it if he somehow revealed himself as an arch-plotter and takes the whole thing down. But I doubt it.

Comment

Speaking of mortages, the tracker has been taking a pounding the last year and a bit, new letter today telling me its 4.25...it will never drop back to pre-war rates so think ill lock it in for a bit.

AIB, ~30% LTV BER C something.... advice ?

Much of much really atm it seems.

aib.png
                                        Last edited by oleras; 03-04-23, 11:20.
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Throw some insulation up in the attic, get a B BER cert, get a 'green' mortgage rate.
                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Wait are tracker mortgages not class anymore?!
                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                              Wait are tracker mortgages not class anymore?!
                                              seeing as if you have one, you took it out at least 16 years ago, who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I always fall into the trap of thinking 'surely Greg will stand up for himself soon and he can't be as dumb as he is written'...and then he continues being dumb.

Would really love it if he somehow revealed himself as an arch-plotter and takes the whole thing down. But I doubt it.
                                                He's come an awful long way from where he started.

Comment

Can't help wondering if champagne is an emperor's new clothes situation. And there's a large % of people who drink it because they've been told it's a celebratory premium product.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                    Can't help wondering if champagne is an emperor's new clothes situation. And there's a large % of people who drink it because they've been told it's a celebratory premium product.
                                                    It's the one wine style that I don't like at all. I find it quite acidic and unpleasant (although tbf, the cheaper stuff is by far the worst and you can taste the difference with the better gear)

Comment

It's completely over rated IMO.

Like, if somebody handed me a glass or three, I'd drink it but apart from my wedding and an odd present, I've never bought any. Same goes for Prosecco and Cava.

Comment

Is there anyone selling pieces for the Irish Open? Looking for a sweat because I wouldn't have the patience/skill/interest/time to play.

Comment

Champagne insists upon itself. I bought some Faustino IV , plain ol Rjoca. It was equally as delish (I realise the term ‘delish’ is frowned upon by the Wine nerds) . I had a Reserve and the plain ol garden version. No real discernible difference and my pallet isn’t too bad. I know when my popcorn has been pissed in. So I guess it down to taste. I don’t really care for Champagne or cake (up yours Marie Antionette) however when I’m at Lao Lao’s wedding (or similar) I do enjoy drinking the welcome bubbly. So it’s definitely in my pallet as a session starter and thus very much a celebratory drink. Let’s not cancel it yet please. Let AI do it. AI will mix us up some great concoctions in the future which will help us forget how useless we’ve become as we listen to the billboard top 10 AI hits for the week.
                                                          I fully expert us all to become expert home brewers and explorers of new drugs most addictive substances to the point of extinction . AI will kill us with its diligent obedience to fulfil our desires .

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                            Is there anyone selling pieces for the Irish Open? Looking for a sweat because I wouldn't have the patience/skill/interest/time to play.
                                                            1. Name: Emmett Davis 2. Events: 4 events total at Irish Open Festival Buy in MU Max Bullets Total with MU Notes Event 1: Irish Open Event 1: Championship Event – €350 NLH 6-Max €350.00 1.15 1 €402.50 Max late reg is 9pm,

Comment

Structures are poor with loads of levels skipped. You get better structures in 100 quid games during the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                Throw some insulation up in the attic, get a B BER cert, get a 'green' mortgage rate.
                                                                Attic fully insulated and walls pumped, conservatory, seemingly classed as a flat roof ((poly roof), and in fairness is a heat drain in winter)) and 2 chimneys, albeit both stoves, drag me down.
                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

It's completely over rated IMO.

Like, if somebody handed me a glass or three, I'd drink it but apart from my wedding and an odd present, I've never bought any. Same goes for Prosecco and Cava.
                                                                  my sister works in the industry and i've drank some pretty remarkable champagnes over the years. i personally love the stuff. i do agree to a certain extent it's a marketing drink, but i suppose when you live in France and the choice is much larger than just your usual 15 choices available elsewhere, and you can get the small local producers as well as the big houses, then it becomes just like any other wine to enjoy.

Comment

Also love champagne & decent cava, but I'm sure it is a bit of a Pavlov's dog situation; you pop the cork, you immediately start to smile as this has the strongest correlation with celebratory occasions that I know of!

Comment

Trump indictment tomorrow is going to be all kinds of box office nuttery.

It pains me to say it, but after all the investigations this is is the one that he gets criminally charged with? Maybe a conviction will make a difference, who knows, but I'm sure if you pay enough lawyers enough cash, they can drag this out way beyond the election. It's really fucking up Hitch's bet, that's for sure.

Comment

Trump indictment tomorrow is going to be all kinds of box office nuttery.

It pains me to say it, but after all the investigations this is is the one that he gets criminally charged with? Maybe a conviction will make a difference, who knows, but I'm sure if you pay enough lawyers enough cash, they can drag this out way beyond the election. It's really fucking up Hitch's bet, that's for sure.
                                                                        Bit like Al Capone and finally nailing him for tax evasion

Drag it out they will and play the media circus victim card 24/7

Are they bringing other charges than 'hush money'?
                                                                        One would think/hope they have a cast iron case.

​​​​​​
                                                                        ​​​​​​
                                                                        Last edited by dinekes; 03-04-23, 16:36.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Are they bringing other charges then 'hush money'?
                                                                          ​​​​​​
                                                                          he's under investigation for:
                                                                          1. election tampering (attempted) in Georgia - importantly in Fulton Country, which is super-Democrat
                                                                          2. Jan 6th (attempted) insurrection
                                                                          3. rape
                                                                          4. the whole Mar a Lago classified document robbery shitola

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                            Champagne insists upon itself. I bought some Faustino IV , plain ol Rjoca. It was equally as delish (I realise the term ‘delish’ is frowned upon by the Wine nerds) . I had a Reserve and the plain ol garden version. No real discernible difference and my pallet isn’t too bad. I know when my popcorn has been pissed in. So I guess it down to taste. I don’t really care for Champagne or cake (up yours Marie Antionette) however when I’m at Lao Lao’s wedding (or similar) I do enjoy drinking the welcome bubbly. So it’s definitely in my pallet as a session starter and thus very much a celebratory drink. Let’s not cancel it yet please. Let AI do it. AI will mix us up some great concoctions in the future which will help us forget how useless we’ve become as we listen to the billboard top 10 AI hits for the week.
                                                                            I fully expert us all to become expert home brewers and explorers of new drugs most addictive substances to the point of extinction . AI will kill us with its diligent obedience to fulfil our desires .
                                                                            Replace 'delish' with 'quaffable' and I can see about having your HHE membership form removed from the skip and looked at seriously.

my sister works in the industry and I've drank some pretty remarkable champagnes over the years. i personally love the stuff. i do agree to a certain extent it's a marketing drink, but i suppose when you live in France and the choice is much larger than just your usual 15 choices available elsewhere, and you can get the small local producers as well as the big houses, then it becomes just like any other wine to enjoy.
                                                                            We're starting to get a sample of Grower Champagnes here in Dublin but like everything else, the range and quality overall won't be as good as what you would get in France.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Are they bringing other charges then 'hush money'?
                                                                              ​​​​​​
                                                                              the hush money I think is just a misdemeanour, it's the linkage of that to breaches of election law that could give the NYC case some weight

Comment

There're side events most days in the €250/350 range
                                                                                which will have decent prize pools
                                                                                particularly through the weekend.

Structures aren't great though.
                                                                                Having said that we're spoilt rotten in Ireland,
                                                                                if this was on in UK or USA
                                                                                poker players would be delighted

Promoter definitely looking for
                                                                                quantity over quality in the tournament's.

In fairness the venue is expensive
                                                                                so bums on seats at the cash tables
                                                                                is an understandable priority.

Comment

The 150 game has been cancelled anyway.

Comment

my sister works in the industry and i've drank some pretty remarkable champagnes over the years. i personally love the stuff. i do agree to a certain extent it's a marketing drink, but i suppose when you live in France and the choice is much larger than just your usual 15 choices available elsewhere, and you can get the small local producers as well as the big houses, then it becomes just like any other wine to enjoy.
                                                                                    I agree that some champagnes are very good, and some have been doing it for a very long time, and are quite good at it. I really don’t put champagne on pedestal any higher than sparkling wine, simply because of they region. It’s just sparkling Pinot Noir Chardonnay. Although, the Chardonnay only sparkling are better imo.
                                                                                    There are plenty of small Aussie producers producing $25 sparkling that are better than NV Moët and the like (particularly overrated).

A good sparkling red is much better imo.

Comment

My intensive study of the Masters has led me to the pick of Max Homa. Call me a homasexual if he wins.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Structures are poor with loads of levels skipped. You get better structures in 100 quid games during the year.
                                                                                        Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                                                                                        There're side events most days in the €250/350 range
                                                                                        which will have decent prize pools
                                                                                        particularly through the weekend.

Structures aren't great though.
                                                                                        Are you saying they skip levels from the published structure? Making it not as good as they suggest.

Or that the structures are not great to begin with?

I’ve seen much worse than this at festivals tbh

Comment

Expanding on my earlier allusions

Todays Thought- AI .
                                                                                          Will joe Soaps request for the ingredients for something as potent as cocaine , Lsd etc yield some results . There goes the Neighbourhood.
                                                                                          What about the Walter Whites of this world . Might AI design a drug that fasttracks our demise ? If a Lab in China can do it ? If AI will have limitless ability , wont EVERYONE be a potential Oppenheimer or even terrorist. Ooh me brain hurts. Ooh look Spaghetti.

Comment

Are you saying they skip levels from the published structure? Making it not as good as they suggest.

Or that the structures are not great to begin with?

I’ve seen much worse than this at festivals tbh

No, the published structures are what they use. They're just shite. Imho of course.

Like you're missing the 500bb, 1kbb in the early levels which you could get over but also missing the more important 2500bb, 5kbb and 10kbb is a bit shite.

You get all.those levels in the most basic of games these days, never mind a festival that's supposed to be the pinnacle of irish poker.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post

lol, my parents did the same thing.

handy enough job, quick taxi to train station then the cercanias to valencia nord and you could walk to the airbnb from there via the centre.

hope your crash course was Valenciano and not Castellaño
                                                                                              The missus has pulled some strings with folks she knows from her ryanair days and we are flying from Valencia now.
                                                                                              It also means we get a full extra day as the orginal flight was at 9am

Don't get me started on that, 100% gonna put my foot in it at some stage with the language. I'm aiming for just "normal" Spanish and under mental orders not to call it that while there
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

The 150 game has been cancelled anyway.

Cheers. Any idea why?

Considering the 150 PLO tomorrow, but it’s a long way to go for nothing.

Comment

Is there a surcharge on buying on with card at the IO?

Doesn't mention it on the FAQ but it's usually 3% or so at festivals?

Comment

No, the published structures are what they use. They're just shite. Imho of course.

Like you're missing the 500bb, 1kbb in the early levels which you could get over but also missing the more important 2500bb, 5kbb and 10kbb is a bit shite.

You get all.those levels in the most basic of games these days, never mind a festival that's supposed to be the pinnacle of irish poker.
                                                                                                    The link I posted was the small side event link.
                                                                                                    The championship events have the 1k,10k and 100k levels added

Comment

Must be an ageing thing but I really find myself longing for some solar heat at this time of year.

Comment

Must be an ageing thing but I really find myself longing for some solar heat at this time of year.
                                                                                                        With AI you will be able to create your own sun .

Ronnie Drew story.
                                                                                                        RONNIE DREW CRASHED HIS CAR THROUGH A FENCE ONE NIGHT DEAD DRUNK, WHEN THE POLICE SERGEANT ASKED HIM IF THERE WAS ALCOHOL INVOLVED.
                                                                                                        HE SAID OF COURSE THERE WAS, DO YOU THINK I`M A STUNTMAN OR SOMETHING

Caps locked on stun Captain.

Comment

Every year that passes makes me worse in that regard. Winter is absolute torture. Having a winter-centric job doesn't help. Reckon I'll be doing the Canaries for the first week of Jan from now on. Vegas in June and Crete in July should restore the balance in the meantime

2020 wine arriving from France next week. Running out of space!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

The missus has pulled some strings with folks she knows from her ryanair days and we are flying from Valencia now.
                                                                                                            It also means we get a full extra day as the orginal flight was at 9am

Don't get me started on that, 100% gonna put my foot in it at some stage with the language. I'm aiming for just "normal" Spanish and under mental orders not to call it that while there
                                                                                                            Nice one

any castellano you have will be appreciated and especially in the city centre almost every outlet will have an English speaker. Valeciano is a little like Irish, for officials and in rural areas though a lot more people have a very good if not perfect grasp of it even if they don’t use it.

I think ye’ll really enjoy it. Definitely look at the bundle deal for the zoo/aquarium/hemisferic and they have cool science events pretty much everyday for kids. See the aquarium is also offering sleep overs on certain nights in the tunnel into the shark zone which might be funky for the young one.

pretty sure you’re staying close to Mayan coffee, perfect for that starting boost in the morning. Can’t beat great coffee..unless you’re going to go full native and have carrijillos each day (coffee with a shot of rum/brandy/whiskey) normally taken after breakfast (or more correctly almuerzo’)
                                                                                                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

I don’t really see the complaints regarding the IO especially the championship events.

Marginally deeper Day 1 ME than an EPT & far better than a Eureka throughout for the same buy-in.

Reg start of Day 2 of an EPT with 20bbs and reg Day 2 of the IO with 25bbs. Hard to compete with that imo.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

Every year that passes makes me worse in that regard. Winter is absolute torture. Having a winter-centric job doesn't help. Reckon I'll be doing the Canaries for the first week of Jan from now on. Vegas in June and Crete in July should restore the balance in the meantime

2020 wine arriving from France next week. Running out of space!
                                                                                                                En Primeur wine?

I haven't got word of mine shipping yet. They were a bit late shipping last year as well.

2022 releases should start coming out in the next month or so.

Comment

Cheers. Any idea why?

Considering the 150 PLO tomorrow, but it’s a long way to go for nothing.
                                                                                                                  I haven't seen why posted anywhere. I'd imagine low staffing levels this early in the week and unexpected numbers for the 350 6 max maybe?

Comment

Is there a surcharge on buying on with card at the IO?

Doesn't mention it on the FAQ but it's usually 3% or so at festivals?
                                                                                                                    Saw that question asked in some Facebook group last week and Paul O Reilly replied that there was not. I found it odd because they've always charged 3% for card fees which is why I always use cash. Will try to dig out the reply and send it to you

Comment

the hush money I think is just a misdemeanour, it's the linkage of that to breaches of election law that could give the NYC case some weight
                                                                                                                      26.5K Likes, 2.9K Comments. TikTok video from imagodlessguy (@nandoatla): "#trump2024 #lockhimup #biden #maga #gop #democrats #evangelicans #christian #usa #california #jail". original sound - imagodlessguy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

En Primeur wine?

I haven't got word of mine shipping yet. They were a bit late shipping last year as well.

2022 releases should start coming out in the next month or so.
                                                                                                                        Yep. Check your account, your tax invoice might be there. Mine was but I had to check myself...nothing from them to notify me!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

Yep. Check your account, your tax invoice might be there. Mine was but I had to check myself...nothing from them to notify me!
                                                                                                                          Had a look there. Everything showing as waiting on wine from the producer.

They always e-mail me the tax invoice when the delivery is ready to go.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X