Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom Friedman is one of the best commentators on the Middle East (he did a really good talk at the Dalkey Book Festival a few years back) - I thought this was a good summary in the NYT this weekend. You can really feel the frustration in his writing, both with the Israeli right and the Iranian proxy armies.

SPOILER
    With the Middle East on the cusp of a full-blown ground war, I was thinking on Friday morning about how Israel’s last two major wars have two very important things in common: They were both started by nonstate actors backed by Iran — Hezbollah from Lebanon in 2006 and Hamas from Gaza now — after Israel had withdrawn from their territories.

And they both began with bold border-crossing assaults — Hezbollah killing three and kidnapping two Israeli soldiers in 2006 and Hamas brutally killing more than 1,300 and abducting some 150 Israeli civilians, including older people, babies and toddlers, in addition to soldiers.

That similarity is not a coincidence. Both assaults were designed to challenge emerging trends in the Arab world of accepting Israel’s existence in the region.

And most critically, the result of these surprise, deadly attacks across relatively stable borders was that they drove Israel crazy.

In 2006, Israel essentially responded to Hezbollah: “You think you can just do crazy stuff like kidnap our people and we will treat this as a little border dispute. We may look Western, but the modern Jewish state has survived as ‘a villa in the jungle’” — which is how the former Israeli prime minister Ehud Barak described it — “because if push comes to shove, we are willing to play by the local rules. Have no illusions about that. You will not outcrazy us out of this neighborhood.”

So the Israeli Air Force relentlessly pounded the homes and offices of Hezbollah’s leadership in the southern suburbs of Beirut throughout the 34 days of the war, as well as key bridges into and out of the city and Beirut International Airport. Hezbollah’s leaders and their families and neighbors paid a very personal price.

The Israeli response was so ferocious that Hezbollah’s leader, Hassan Nasrallah, said in a now famous interview on Aug. 27, 2006, with Lebanon’s New TV station, shortly after the war ended: “We did not think, even 1 percent, that the capture [of two Israeli soldiers] would lead to a war at this time and of this magnitude. You ask me, if I had known on July 11 … that the operation would lead to such a war, would I do it? I say no, absolutely not.”

Indeed, since 2006, the Israel-Lebanon border has been relatively stable and quiet, with few casualties on both sides. And while Israel did take a hit in terms of its global image because of the carnage it inflicted in Beirut, it was not nearly as isolated in the world or the Middle East over the short term or long run as Hezbollah had hoped.

Hamas must have missed that lesson when it decided to disrupt the status quo around Gaza with an all-out attack on Israel last weekend. This is in spite of the fact that over the past few years, Israel and Hamas developed a form of coexistence around Gaza that allowed thousands of Gazans to enter Israel daily for work, filled Hamas coffers with cash aid from Qatar and gave Gazans the ability to do business with Israel, with Gazan goods being exported through Israeli seaports and airports.

Hamas’s stated reasons for this war are that Benjamin Netanyahu’s government has been provoking the Palestinians by the morning strolls that Israel’s minister for national security, Itamar Ben-Gvir, was taking around Al Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem and by the steps that he was taking to make imprisonment of Palestinians harsher. While these moves by Israel were widely seen as provocations, they are hardly issues that justify Hamas putting all its chips on the table the way it did last Saturday.

The bigger reason it acted now, which Hamas won’t admit, is that it saw how Israel was being more accepted by the Arab world and soon possibly by the birthplace of Islam, Saudi Arabia. Iran was being cornered by President Biden’s Middle East diplomacy, and Palestinians feared being left behind.

So Hamas essentially said, “OK, Jews, we will go where we have never gone before. We will launch an all-out attack from Gaza that won’t stop with soldiers but will murder your grandparents and slaughter your babies. We know it’s crazy, but we are willing to risk it to force you to outcrazy us, with the hope that the fires will burn up all Arab-Israeli normalization in the process.”

Yes, if you think Israel is now crazy, it is because Hamas punched it in the face, humiliated it and then poked out one eye. So now Israel believes it must restore its deterrence by proving that it can outcrazy Hamas’s latest craziness.

Israel will apply Hama Rules — a term I coined years ago to describe the strategy deployed in 1982 by Syria’s president, Hafez al-Assad, when Hamas’s political forefathers, the Muslim Brotherhood of Syria, tried to topple Assad’s secular regime by starting a rebellion in the city of Hama.

Assad pounded the Brotherhood’s neighborhoods in Hama relentlessly for days, letting no one out, and brought in bulldozers and leveled it as flat as a parking lot, killing some 20,000 of his own people in the process. I walked on that rubble weeks later. An Arab leader I know told me privately how, afterward, Assad laconically shrugged when he was asked about it: “People live. People die.”

Welcome to the Middle East. This is not like a border dispute between Norway and Sweden or a heated debate in Harvard Yard. Lord, how I wish that it were, but it’s not.

This Israel-Hamas war is part of an evolving escalation of craziness that has been underway in this neighborhood but getting more and more dangerous every year as weapons get bigger, cheaper and more lethal.

Like Biden, I stand 100 percent with Israel against Hamas, because Israel is an ally that shares many values with America, while Hamas and Iran are opposed to what America stands for. That math is quite simple for me.

But what makes this war different for me from any war before is Israel’s internal politics. In the past nine months, a group of Israeli far-right and ultra-Orthodox politicians led by Netanyahu tried to kidnap Israeli democracy in plain sight. The religious-nationalist-settler right, led by the prime minister, tried to take over Israel’s judiciary and other key institutions by eliminating the power of Israel’s Supreme Court to exercise judicial review. That attempt opened multiple fractures across Israeli society. Israel was recklessly being taken by its leadership to the brink of a civil war for an ideological flight of fancy. These fractures were seen by Iran, Hamas and Hezbollah and may have stirred their boldness.

If you want to get just a little feel for those fractures — and the volcanic anger at Netanyahu for the way he divided the country before this war — watch the video that went viral in Israel two days ago when Idit Silman, a minister in Netanyahu’s ruling Likud party, was tossed out of the Assaf Harofeh Hospital in Tzrifin when she went to visit some wounded.

“You’ve ruined this country. Get out of here,” an Israeli doctor yelled at her. “How are you not ashamed to wage another war?” another person told her. “Now it’s our turn,” the doctor can be heard screaming in a video published on X, formerly known as Twitter, and reported by The Forward. “We are in charge. We will govern here — right, left, a nation united — without you. You’ve ruined everything!”

Israel has suffered a staggering blow and is now forced into a morally impossible war to outcrazy Hamas and deter Iran and Hezbollah at the same time. I weep for the terrible deaths that now await so many good Israelis and Palestinians. And I also worry deeply about the Israeli war plan. It is one thing to deter Hezbollah and deter Hamas. It is quite another to replace Hamas and leave behind something more stable and decent. But what to do?

Finally, though, just as I stand today with Israel’s new unity government in its fight against Hamas to save Israel’s body, I will stand after this war with Israel’s democracy defenders against those who tried to abduct Israel’s soul.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

This is a classic already. Hope they keep this up.

Comment

Incredible stuff
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I'd say Shraaaap's other leg has fallen off at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            I'd say Shraaaap's other leg has fallen off at this stage.
            I can't see them losing it from here

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Oh....you absolute bastard.

Well Played.

Comment

Wow!

Comment

bouteille ?

Comment

lol Tournament ruined
                    northern hemisphere soft boys just can’t hang at this level
                    Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Classic game. So unfortunate for France.

Comment

England the standard-bearer of Northern Hemisphere rugby yet again.

Comment

Turns out that not winning your pool is the way to go. Doubt we've ever had three second place pool finishers in the SFs before.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                            England the standard-bearer of Northern Hemisphere rugby yet again.
                            I've seen worse 14/1 shots, they haven't had to get out of second gear yet.

Comment

Will we ever learn to not focus on the six nations the year of a world cup?
                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Turns out that not winning your pool is the way to go. Doubt we've ever had three second place pool finishers in the SFs before.
                                They said i was crazy

Comment

We need to hire Eddie Jones for a few years and sack him immediately before the group stage.
                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                    Will we ever learn to not focus on the six nations the year of a world cup?
                                    “We” will learn absolutely nothing from this World Cup.
                                    already being treated with kid gloves by fans and media- team that were painted before tournament as all conquering world number ones who won’t accept the moral victories and excuses of the past were retrospectively treated like plucky underdogs who “just lost out” in a “fine margins defeat” to the almighty all blacks who had been well written off by fans and media in the months leading up to World Cup (actually one of the worst all blacks teams in some time).
                                    wagons being circled history will repeat in 2027
                                    Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

How did this work out?
                                      Dinner was good. Not world changing but pretty decent.
                                      My mackeral and lobster starter was a stand out.
                                      Herself had salmon crab and orange salad to start and ribeye for mains
                                      I had duck with beets berries and fennel. It was better than the steak.
                                      She won dessert with a walk in the forest, a fantastic whimsical thing with chocolate bark meringue mushrooms and a host of willy wonka type touches.
                                      My poached pear, while tasty was lacking in comparison.
                                      Check in was done well. Processo while checking in was a nice touch.
                                      Rooms are good, you can see thought was put into it.
                                      Now the bad,
                                      They had a drinks menu of special gin pairings, berries and bitters and the likes.
                                      They actually had none of it and just gave out gin and tonic with lemon.
                                      An irish coffee was some wonky thing from a coffee machine and milky cream on top. I wasn't having it but herself seemed to like it.
                                      I asked for a bottle of paulaner and the fella came out with a magnum of bollinger and manager was creaming himself thinking the unassuming millionaire had dropped in

This morning was probably the worst breakfast experience I've ever had at any hotel. Ever.

10am booking for breakfast. Maybe 6 other tables seated. We were 45 minutes waiting for coffee. Another few mins for a bowl of granola. We spoke to head waiter, head of restaurant and general manager and after another 20 mins, the most sparse full Irish appeared for me wife and I got scrambled eggs and a single piece of seemingly deep fried bacon.
                                      Basket of toast was recieved and sent back twice as it was simply bread that maybe saw a toaster as it was carried past. We left and went back to the room to discover the milk cup thingys were gone off and came like syrup. Thankfully I take my coffee black but mrsdp was not impressed.

It's obvious money has gone into the place and there is quite a lot to like, but they seriously need to work on service and staff.

We got out late check out refunded and a promise to have a special rate when we next visit.

They may be waiting a while for that.
                                      ​​​​​
                                      ​​​​​​
                                      ​​​​​
                                      ​​​​​
                                      ​​​​​​
                                      ​​​​​​
                                      ​​​​​
                                      ​​​
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

“We” will learn absolutely nothing from this World Cup.
                                        already being treated with kid gloves by fans and media- team that were painted before tournament as all conquering world number ones who won’t accept the moral victories and excuses of the past were retrospectively treated like plucky underdogs who “just lost out” in a “fine margins defeat” to the almighty all blacks who had been well written off by fans and media in the months leading up to World Cup (actually one of the worst all blacks teams in some time).
                                        wagons being circled history will repeat in 2027
                                        I have no dog in this fight and watch very little rugby these days, but this doesn't tie with anything I have heard on the radio in the last 24 hours. Narrative I have heard was Ireland would have won if they played to their potential and they simply didn't and thats very disappointing.

Comment

GFYSP

Absolutely gutted tbh, and sadly i think the ref had a nightmare and refereed the break down especially badly, and SA were using the dark arts and making an absolute mess of the ruck) .

Without listing everything, here are a couple of key moments. Pollard kicks the penalty from the half way line due to a penalty given for holding, whereas it was pretty clear smith had his hands on the floor and it should have been our penalty, so that's a potential 6 point swing in the game.

Another example was kriel leading with the elbow and caught dupont flush in the face, not even a penalty was given.

I think France did play well to enough to win but things just didn't go our way sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

GFYSP

Absolutely gutted tbh, and sadly i think the ref had a nightmare and refereed the break down especially badly, and SA were using the dark arts and making an absolute mess of the ruck) .

Without listing everything, here are a couple of key moments. Pollard kicks the penalty from the half way line due to a penalty given for holding, whereas it was pretty clear smith had his hands on the floor and it should have been our penalty, so that's a potential 6 point swing in the game.

Another example was kriel leading with the elbow and caught dupont flush in the face, not even a penalty was given.

I think France did play well to enough to win but things just didn't go our way sadly.
                                            France had so much ball and so much territory that it was ridiculous almost but SA very cleverly worked out your couple of weak points and conjured 3 tries from nothing in the first half.

It's almost like the biggest factor in winning a RWC is the institutional memory of how to win a RWC.

Comment

I was really surprised there was no replay of Kolbe charging down the attempted conversion in the first half and whether he broke the line or not...could have been crucial.

Comment

I was really surprised there was no replay of Kolbe charging down the attempted conversion in the first half and whether he broke the line or not...could have been crucial.
                                                Rewatched it and he leaves way before ramos starts kicking. Ridiculous

Comment

Watched Her last night, which presumably nearly everyone has watched. What a movie, especially given the time we're in.
                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

This week's reading is: High Performance: Lessons from the Best on Becoming Your Best

From the makers of the High Performance Podcast in case car-listening is more your vibe.

I guess there has been a million books written like this, but it all feels very fresh.

One idea from the first chapter is the 'Zander Letter'. Essentially a variation on that old idea of visualising your success.

5mmU4k1l.jpg

Comment

And the last in a trio of phenomenally educational posts.

Went down a bit of a rabbit hole at the weekend of a whole thing I thought only existed in Eminem movies - rap battles. But a weird type of UK slightly humorous rap battles. Ridiculously entertaining. An example here - give it a moment until the very posh sounding Shuffle T comes on.

Comment

Watching The Fall of the House of Usher at the moment,
                                                        It's like a horror version of succession!
                                                        Carla Gugino may be a vampire, she's definitely not aging, SatNav levels of chemical trickery!
                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

I have no dog in this fight and watch very little rugby these days, but this doesn't tie with anything I have heard on the radio in the last 24 hours. Narrative I have heard was Ireland would have won if they played to their potential and they simply didn't and thats very disappointing.
                                                          Listened to off the ball yesterday, and was flicking between news talk and rte all morning on a drive.
                                                          the narrative is very much “our brave boyz died with their boots on” and if I hear the phrase fine margins mentioned again I’ll crack up.plus all the carping about the draw.

Sexton getting away with murder re his role in all this.
                                                          not the miss but he was out on his feet after 60 mins.
                                                          why (aside from being a middle aged man) was he out on his feet?
                                                          because he played all the group games.
                                                          why did he (and other key 1st choice players)play all the group games when other top tier nations rested key players?

because his complete lack of self control and unhinged behaviour at the European cup final meant he was banned for the warm up games

not a peep out of anyone about this just platitudes

Do you think SA or NZ would get as soft a ride?

Comment

Listened to off the ball yesterday, and was flicking between news talk and rte all morning on a drive.
                                                            the narrative is very much “our brave boyz died with their boots on” and if I hear the phrase fine margins mentioned again I’ll crack up.plus all the carping about the draw.

why did he (and other key 1st choice players)play all the group games when other top tier nations rested key players?

because his complete lack of self control and unhinged behaviour at the European cup final meant he was banned for the warm up games

Sunday World reports from you are a joy to read
                                                            Ur knowledge shines thru on all your quotes
                                                            keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

Sunday World reports from you are a joy to read
                                                              Ur knowledge shines thru on all your quotes
                                                              keep up the good work
                                                              What’s wrong about quoted post- Sunday world are wrapping team in cotton wool like all the rest
                                                              sextons disgraceful unhinged behaviour as a spectator cost his team - it’s a sad indictment of the aces junkie sports journalists and old boys club pundit class in this country that it’s never been called out
                                                              i hope Ardagh group where he’s going to work have robust anti-bullying policies- he will be keeping their HR department busy if he brings that energy to the workplace

Comment

Carla Gugino may be a vampire, she's definitely not aging, SatNav levels of chemical trickery!
                                                                It's really good.
                                                                Watched the first 3 and really enjoyed them
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Dinner was good. Not world changing but pretty decent.
                                                                  My mackeral and lobster starter was a stand out.
                                                                  Herself had salmon crab and orange salad to start and ribeye for mains
                                                                  I had duck with beets berries and fennel. It was better than the steak.
                                                                  She won dessert with a walk in the forest, a fantastic whimsical thing with chocolate bark meringue mushrooms and a host of willy wonka type touches.
                                                                  My poached pear, while tasty was lacking in comparison.
                                                                  Check in was done well. Processo while checking in was a nice touch.
                                                                  Rooms are good, you can see thought was put into it.
                                                                  Now the bad,
                                                                  They had a drinks menu of special gin pairings, berries and bitters and the likes.
                                                                  They actually had none of it and just gave out gin and tonic with lemon.
                                                                  An irish coffee was some wonky thing from a coffee machine and milky cream on top. I wasn't having it but herself seemed to like it.
                                                                  I asked for a bottle of paulaner and the fella came out with a magnum of bollinger and manager was creaming himself thinking the unassuming millionaire had dropped in

This morning was probably the worst breakfast experience I've ever had at any hotel. Ever.

10am booking for breakfast. Maybe 6 other tables seated. We were 45 minutes waiting for coffee. Another few mins for a bowl of granola. We spoke to head waiter, head of restaurant and general manager and after another 20 mins, the most sparse full Irish appeared for me wife and I got scrambled eggs and a single piece of seemingly deep fried bacon.
                                                                  Basket of toast was recieved and sent back twice as it was simply bread that maybe saw a toaster as it was carried past. We left and went back to the room to discover the milk cup thingys were gone off and came like syrup. Thankfully I take my coffee black but mrsdp was not impressed.

It's obvious money has gone into the place and there is quite a lot to like, but they seriously need to work on service and staff.

We got out late check out refunded and a promise to have a special rate when we next visit.

They may be waiting a while for that.
                                                                  ​​​​​
                                                                  ​​​​​​
                                                                  ​​​​​
                                                                  ​​​​​
                                                                  ​​​​​​
                                                                  ​​​​​​
                                                                  ​​​​​
                                                                  ​​​
                                                                  Was more asking how watching the match went but thanks for the long winded non-answer

Comment

Copenhagen coming up this weekend and wow are you spoiled for choice for things to book on the food front. Went with some Michelin recommended place called Host for the first day, but seems an endless list of viable opportunities. One place promised a fusion of punk-rave atmosphere and foraging ethos. It feels like a vision of a slightly exhilarating / slightly dystopian future - where we're all eating bugs but looking all-Zoolander cool while doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                      Copenhagen coming up this weekend and wow are you spoiled for choice for things to book on the food front. Went with some Michelin recommended place called Host for the first day, but seems an endless list of viable opportunities. One place promised a fusion of punk-rave atmosphere and foraging ethos. It feels like a vision of a slightly exhilarating / slightly dystopian future - where we're all eating bugs but looking all-Zoolander cool while doing so.
                                                                      if you have the kids, I would really recommend both Tivoli Gardens and Bakken. The first being right slap-bang in the middle of everything.

Bring kids, get them wristbands, retreat to the onsite pubs\restaurants. Job done.

Comment

if you have the kids, I would really recommend both Tivoli Gardens and Bakken. The first being right slap-bang in the middle of everything.

Bring kids, get them wristbands, retreat to the onsite pubs\restaurants. Job done.
                                                                        no kids thankfully. but i'll take photos of those places and send them back to the kids

Comment

Watched Her last night, which presumably nearly everyone has watched. What a movie, especially given the time we're in.
                                                                          One to look forward to at the w/e cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Was more asking how watching the match went but thanks for the long winded non-answer
                                                                            Another misstep from the place as there was no real seperation from the bar/kitchen meaning you could hear every whoop and cheer.
                                                                            They still had muzak instead of commentary as well.
                                                                            Wife gave up before dessert and asked me to put it on the phone.

Comment

This thread just seems so much Americana. Thread is: AITA for skipping my brothers funeral? - leading to an overwhelming response of 'its what matters to you that matters'. Individualism is a hulluva drug in a country.

Comment

Fucking hell. Where do you even start with this?

Comment

This seems apt

Comment

This week's reading is: High Performance: Lessons from the Best on Becoming Your Best

From the makers of the High Performance Podcast in case car-listening is more your vibe.

I guess there has been a million books written like this, but it all feels very fresh.

One idea from the first chapter is the 'Zander Letter'. Essentially a variation on that old idea of visualising your success.

5mmU4k1l.jpg
                                                                                    Thoughts please Mystery Guest.

Comment

From the same team that did the Haunting of Hill House and Midnight Mass.

Just checking it out and it is superb
                                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

No one who's been paying any attention to Gaza and Israeli action over the last decade is surprised. I'm shocked he said it out loud. It's a horrendously bad sign that Israeli politicians feel the righteousness to say this stuff out loud.
                                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

von der Leyen making a show of herself.
                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Soccer team showing how to be clutch tonight - pulverising the rock

Comment

Nice to see the football team restoring some pride after the rugby lads let us down so badly at the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Thoughts please Mystery Guest.
                                                                                                Rugby team must have used I hope, I plan to and I will in their letters.

although TBF I was caught in the road today and had to stop at Supermacs- Bundee Aki has a burger named after him - the Bundee burger- and it’s not too bad at all

Comment

Deafening silence re above point
                                                                                                  how has he gotten such a free pass on this?
                                                                                                  imagine if it happened in GAA or soccer?
                                                                                                  captain of the national team acting like a pissed up bogger losing it at the local GAA derby

Comment

Deafening silence re above point
                                                                                                    how has he gotten such a free pass on this?
                                                                                                    imagine if it happened in GAA or soccer?
                                                                                                    captain of the national team acting like a pissed up bogger losing it at the local GAA derby
                                                                                                    Time spent stirring. Plenty
                                                                                                    Time spent wisely. Limited
                                                                                                    Time to shut up and move on . Definitely

Time for a new topic Sir
                                                                                                    Ur sad defence of something nobody cares about has ended.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

From the same team that did the Haunting of Hill House and Midnight Mass.

Just checking it out and it is superb
                                                                                                      Mike Flanagan.
                                                                                                      The young girl from Dr. Sleep in it too.
                                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Time spent stirring. Plenty
                                                                                                        Time spent wisely. Limited
                                                                                                        Time to shut up and move on . Definitely

Time for a new topic Sir
                                                                                                        Ur sad defence of something nobody cares about has ended.

Man with double the amount of posts as me on an internet poker forum lectures me about time spent wisely

So you think it’s ok for the captain of the rugby team to act like a dragged up scumbag to the extent that he gets himself banned (and he got off light) from the World Cup warm up games and clearly impacted the game plan wrt rotation at the tournament itself?
                                                                                                        and you think it’s ok for the media to look the other way because it’s St.Johnny
                                                                                                        Whatever your into - I guess a few piss ups , singalongs and the odd win in rugbys third most important international competition (soon to be 4th) is enough for you

Comment

Man with double the amount of posts as me on an internet poker forum lectures me about time spent wisely

So you think it’s ok for the captain of the rugby team to act like a dragged up scumbag to the extent that he gets himself banned (and he got off light) from the World Cup warm up games and clearly impacted the game plan wrt rotation at the tournament itself?
                                                                                                          and you think it’s ok for the media to look the other way because it’s St.Johnny
                                                                                                          Whatever your into - I guess a few piss ups , singalongs and the odd win in rugbys third most important international competition (soon to be 4th) is enough for you

Comment

Reinstate your post- we’re all big boys here I can handle whatever it was
                                                                                                            anyway I’ll drop the rugby stuff for now - clear nobody wants to engage with reality so will leave ye snuggle up with the comfort blanket of media and ex pro lies

hopefully at least 1 of Argentina or England can do a number next weekend to knock out another pillar of delusion “oh we beat the winners/were knocked out by the winners)

Comment

Honestly just trying to help- IRFU will throw money away to pwc or KPMG conducting a review now when they could come to me and I’d do it for free

Comment

Reinstate your post- we’re all big boys here I can handle whatever it was
                                                                                                                anyway I’ll drop the rugby stuff for now - clear nobody wants to engage with reality so will leave ye snuggle up with the comfort blanket of media and ex pro lies
                                                                                                                Sure what is there to engage with, you were right about every bit of it from start to finish. Your whingey cynical take is cheap intellectual garbage. It it trivially easy to take that kind of snarky attitude to any sport and the people who enjoy it. All sport is just bread and circus filling a gap left by the relative absence of war and religion.

Plenty of real war on the way, you should save your ire for that.

Comment

^^^^ Says yer man who regularly refers to chavball and supports the most corrupt sport in history!
                                                                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Lol

Comment

I love PSV, and love his rugby rants but that was top quality word smithing SP
                                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Sure what is there to engage with, you were right about every bit of it from start to finish. Your whingey cynical take is cheap intellectual garbage. It it trivially easy to take that kind of snarky attitude to any sport and the people who enjoy it. All sport is just bread and circus filling a gap left by the relative absence of war and religion.

Plenty of real war on the way, you should save your ire for that.
                                                                                                                        So do you think Sextons chavball antics at the European cup final were ok or not?

because the omertà around it from both media and fans and the effect it clearly had on Irelands prep highlights why I’m right to have a snarky attitude towards rugby

Comment

^^^^ Says yer man who ....supports the most corrupt sport in history!
                                                                                                                          Dunno what you're on about there I don't 'support' Boxing, Tennis or anything organised by FIFA....maybe you meant Cricket but they have cleaned up their act a lot in the last few years

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X