This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
    The republicans rather than spending their money on their own elections should spend it on some center center or lefty party to erode the democratic voter base.

They are pretty much guaranteed 40 odd percent same as the democrats at the moment which is why this swing state situation has arisen. Cut their base and even if you don't take it at least they don't have it and you gt over the line.
    The Democrats would then have to spend the equivalent sum of money getting the best of the New Party to defect back to the Democrats.

Back to Square One, except both main parties slightly poorer.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      Chris Christy or Jeb Bush could have won.
      Or Huntersman if he didn't have a backbone and a sense of decency.
      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
        The Democrats would then have to spend the equivalent sum of money getting the best of the New Party to defect back to the Democrats.

Back to Square One, except both main parties slightly poorer.
        Yes but the democratic nominee would have to placate the lefties much more which would move them away from the center right and closer to center center and give the republicans more wiggle room to work with.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
            G'wan then.

Our mate Dave will obv be involved too.

We should do a US Presidential Race podcast for a trial run.
            Can I do the weather?

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
              80/85% of people in the US will vote for the red or the blue, regardless of who they are, what they say, what they have done in the past.

That's a fairly even split, the remainder is the 'swing' vote that $2bn has been spent on convincing one way or the other...
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

South Park episode to air tomorrow night is titles 'Obama Wins'

Comment

Dundrum bypass

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                    Look: I glean my information from tabloids, random blog posts, and hazily remembered dreams. What do you bring? (apart from the 2,000 pages of LBJ biography and generally in-depth reading of American history) Why not just accept the truthiness and don't make me buddy up with DP to bring David Icke into this and really put you in your place.
                    Sure the cold war was only cooked up to keep the country under imperialist control and possibly lizards.
                    Feb. 27, 1947, "President Truman met with Congressional leaders in the White House. Undersecretary of State Dean Acheson was present at the meeting, and Truman had him tell the Congressmen what was at stake. Acheson spoke for ten minutes, informing the legislators that nothing less than the survival of the whole of Western civilization was in the balance at that moment; he worked in references to ancient Athens, Rome, and the course of Western civilization and freedom since those times. The Congressmen were silent for a few moments, and then, at last. Senator Arthur Vandenberg of Michigan, a prominent Republican who had come to support an active foreign policy, spoke up. All this might be true, Vandenberg said, but, if the President wishes to sell his program to the American people, he would have to 'scare hell out of the country'. It was at that moment that the Cold War began in earnest for the United States."

This is one of the most revealing statements in American history. This is the smoking gun which proves that the federal government used a terror campaign to frighten the American people into supporting four decades of Cold War spending on armaments. The initial campaign was the "atom bomb scare", which raged for some years; it finally lost its effectiveness, and was replaced by the ogre, based solely on falsified and invented CIA statistics, that Soviet Russia was the most terrifying military power, with the fastest growing economy, in the world. These two CIA claims were mutually exclusive; no nation could have the world's greatest military machine and at the same time support the world's fastest growing economy, but the statisticians successfully sold this scare story for years.
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I have watched the clip of the Berlin wall coming down. The Hoff clearly ended the cold war with his music and the US president had nothing to do with it.

Bizarre that at such a historic moment they went hmm best get some entertainment. Should we go with something traditional German, perhaps an orchestra nah fuck it Knight Rider is on tour.
                      never ever under estimate the power of the hoff

SPOILER

Comment

apartment we are looking at wants pps numbers, copy of passport and references.
                        Am I right in telling them to fuck off?

SoontobeMrsParrot loves the place unfortunately

edit:
                        I get pps and maybe references but passport?
                        Last edited by DeadParrot; 06-11-12, 11:48.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Yes, yes you are. What would they need a PPS no. for?

Comment

If your misses wants it you are probably best just getting it sorted.

In my current place I had to give photo ID, payslip\contact\pps number but I don't think they cared about references.

They just want to make sure you are not a criminal or unemployed and they can expect to get the rent. I presume it is a letting agent who wants this stuff to do a credit check on you.

Comment

We're renting a house atm and we had to give all that stuff on some form so the landlady could register us as tenants. She said it was required by law for her, as landlady, to have this done.

Fyi she never asked for passports.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                Yes, yes you are. What would they need a PPS no. for?
                                make sure that you are not on the dole and going to pay them with govt rent allowance.
                                Must be a pain to collect cause loads of ads say they are not interested.

Comment

PPS number is to be filled on the PRTB form.
                                  I've no idea what passport is for.
                                  References bug the shit outta me too.

Comment

Just tell her you dont have a passport

Comment

Passport is proof of identity so you're not claiming to be someone else.
                                      Reference is to make sure you don't make a habit of turning places you live into a shit palace.

Comment

The reference is simply to see what you're like re paying rent on time etc. I had to go to awful hassle to get a reference from my last landlord and the landlady probably never even looked at it, theyll probably accept any piece of paper at all

Comment

We're live...

Comment

Has Obama won yet?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                              Has Obama won yet?
                                              I have called it for him already (8 months ago)

Strangely enough, none of the major networks are following my lead
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

If your misses wants it you are probably best just getting it sorted.

In my current place I had to give photo ID, payslip\contact\pps number but I don't think they cared about references.

They just want to make sure you are not a criminal or unemployed and they can expect to get the rent. I presume it is a letting agent who wants this stuff to do a credit check on you.
                                                Not a letting agent, private landlord

Comment

ah renting...that takes me back

strangest one ever was the guy who wanted our parents names, addresses and occupations

Comment

Originally posted by Alanfox View Post
                                                    The reference is simply to see what you're like re paying rent on time etc. I had to go to awful hassle to get a reference from my last landlord and the landlady probably never even looked at it, theyll probably accept any piece of paper at all
                                                    They asked for old landlords number and mail address, he now lives in the uk so fuck knows how long that'll take.
                                                    They want a JOB reference, I pretty much laughed in their faces.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                      ah renting...that takes me back

strangest one ever was the guy who wanted our parents names, addresses and occupations
                                                      2 single beds in different rooms and none of your 'funny' business.

Comment

question: I have a Dell XPS at home, only about 9 months old

The power jack no longer works i.e. I plug in the adapter but nothing happens. The adapter itself is fine as it works on other laptops. Don't think it's the battery itself as I can start up the laptop and do stuff (but there's only 10% left on the battery now).

Looks like the jack itself may have moved back inside it's hole (not explaining that very well but you get my meaning). What's my play?

€20 donation to the charity of your choice for the correct solution

Comment

Don't see what the big deal is in supplying a landlord the documents they require. It's pretty fucking hard to find a decent place to rent at a reasonable price. If you don't give them your passport details, someone else will.

Edit: Their passport details, not yours.

Comment

The power jack no longer works i.e. I plug in the adapter but nothing happens. The adapter itself is fine as it works on other laptops. Don't think it's the battery itself as I can start up the laptop and do stuff (but there's only 10% left on the battery now).

Looks like the jack itself may have moved back inside it's hole (not explaining that very well but you get my meaning). What's my play?

Send back to get it fixed on the warranty. This may involve clearing your day to sit on hold with customer services tho

Comment

Correct solution is fix it.

Ship to jack and Jill.

Comment

Micro toolset , cardboard sheet to hold screws and have fun

Comment

Some nice bits to this article by an intrade political bettor: http://www.buzzfeed.com/intrader/ins...arket?s=mobile
                                                                  gogogo Obama!
                                                                  Attached Files

Comment

They asked for old landlords number and mail address, he now lives in the uk so fuck knows how long that'll take.
                                                                    They want a JOB reference, I pretty much laughed in their faces.
                                                                    As I said my lads wanted to see a copy of my contract or a payslip. This is to make sure that you will have some cash coming in to cover the bills I guess.

You run your own company, create headed note paper on printer, write awesome reference, sign illegible so they cannot see it is your writing. Easy game

Comment

Please remember to keep an eye on Linda McMahon's progress in Conneticut

She could be almost as oarsome a public representative as Jesse The Body Ventura

Comment

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Dc-Jack-Power...ht_2210wt_1892

Micro toolset , cardboard sheet to hold screws and have fun
                                                                        Genuine LOL Out Loud at the thoughts of RDIII with the soldering iron in hand and a tub full of micro screws and the kids running riot around him
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Where's my EURO gone?

I spotted a nice shirt that I wanted to buy. It was €97.00. I didnt have the cash so I borrowed €50 from my Mum and €50 from my Dad.

€50 + €50 = €100.

So I bought the shirt and got the €3 change. I gave €1 to my Mum, €1 to my Dad and kept the other €1.

So I owe my Mum €49 + my Dad €49 and I have €1 myself.

But that's only €99.

Where's my EURO gone?
                                                                          One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Genuine LOL Out Loud at the thoughts of RDIII with the soldering iron in hand and a tub full of micro screws and the kids running riot around him
                                                                              Soldering iron in one hand, glass of red wine in the other.
                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Give the exact model number of the laptop. Might not need a DC jack soldered at all. Depending on model, it may have a DC power board which would be much easier to swap out or replaced if its fucked anyway. Either way its not a massive job and worth throwing to a decent technician/repair shop.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                  Give the exact model number of the laptop. Might not need a DC jack soldered at all. Depending on model, it may have a DC power board which would be much easier to swap out or replaced if its fucked anyway. Either way its not a massive job and worth throwing to a decent technician/repair shop.
                                                                                  Richie was right; I realised that it was still under warranty and rang Dell. Technician coming out tomorrow to fix.

Where does the great RichieM want his charitable donation to go?

Comment

it must be a fairly standard issue with that model btw

I could hear the Indian dude on the phone shuffling paper and then he read out some statement about the 'component in question being sourced from a third party provider yada yada'

was only on hold for about 20 seconds too. Record?

Comment

Richie was right; I realised that it was still under warranty and rang Dell. Technician coming out tomorrow to fix.

Where does the great RichieM want his charitable donation to go?
                                                                                      I am happy to back CHD and go for Jack and Jill. Good cause that keeps the money away from foreign governments or animals.

Since it is that time of year and you are paying for the most straight forward of advice I guess I should also match the donation. Hopefully not get pestered and spamed like happens with other charities once you give them a cent
                                                                                      Last edited by RichieM; 06-11-12, 14:13.

Comment

Originally posted by 40something View Post
                                                                                        I spotted a nice shirt that I wanted to buy. It was €97.00. I didnt have the cash so I borrowed €50 from my Mum and €50 from my Dad.

€50 + €50 = €100.

So I bought the shirt and got the €3 change. I gave €1 to my Mum, €1 to my Dad and kept the other €1.

So I owe my Mum €49 + my Dad €49 and I have €1 myself.

But that's only €99.

Where's my EURO gone?
                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                        Nowhere, you now have a 97e shirt and 1 euro and owe out 98e.

Comment

Strewel using LOL out Loud.
                                                                                          I have arrived.

Consider my day made.
                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                                            Strewel using LOL out Loud.
                                                                                            I have arrived.

Consider my day made.
                                                                                            Laughing OL is what the cool kids are now using.

Comment

Lads, How much do you think PP payed out on Obama?
                                                                                              Having a row with a mate.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

lol when Adidas asked fans to send questions to Stevie G on twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                      Lads, How much do you think PP payed out on Obama?
                                                                                                      Having a row with a mate.
                                                                                                      I read $650k

Comment

okay, got to get on a flight to Germany to teach them about finance for a few days
                                                                                                        'Irishman teaches Germans about finance'

I look forward to the punchline

Comment

One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Paddy Power have me waiting five mins even though she knows they are paying out. She made a phonecall and said they'd call back in a min.

Dopes.

Comment

I read $650k
                                                                                                              That's what they say they paid out. Big, big difference.

Comment

I presume they include stakes in their figure?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                  That's what they say they paid out. Big, big difference.
                                                                                                                  I said i read the blog and a friend of mine says he knows someone in risk for PP(he does) who said they had only paid out 25k.

Surely that is too low.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                    I presume they include stakes in their figure?
                                                                                                                    I reckon they just throw out a made up figure, probably 50k paid out

Comment

Paddy Power have me waiting five mins even though she knows they are paying out. She made a phonecall and said they'd call back in a min.

Dopes.
                                                                                                                      Organising a securicor van for you obv.
                                                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                                        I said i read the blog and a friend of mine says he knows someone in risk for PP(he does) who said they had only paid out 25k.

Surely that is too low.
                                                                                                                        Not a chance that's right, strong likelihood they pay out more than that to members of this forum alone imo
                                                                                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Bad Piggies is class.
                                                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X