This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by max_power View Post
    Mellor has some fine form in cup tipping it must be said.
    Was asking a bit much to do 3 in a row.
    Don't think many will have had success with that had the 1-2-3.

Edit:
    Trifeca paid out $46,500 or so. There's only 12,000 combos, so you could of backed them all for $34,000 profit
    Last edited by Mellor; 06-11-12, 04:51.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
        If Obama's victory follows the 538 line (not just in terms of winning, but in terms of state voting), that's got to be the last time anyone ever follows mainstream news for political analysis. Amazing how they are still misinforming people that the race is so close. It actually seems harmful to follow traditional news if you want to be informed. Think I'm becoming a Nate Silver fanboy tbh, as his book is excellent in terms of how he well he clearly understands probabilities. How would anyone ever choose opinion over statistically driven analysis? World is full of weirdos.
        surely it's in the media's interest to talk up a 'close contest'?

there's a few Republicans who must be kicking themselves that they decided to hold off for 2016; this race was there for the taking. Romney was such an awful candidate and yet made a reasonable run at it.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Comment

It's usually fairly close popular vote wise? McCain was dire and still got 44%?
              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                  It's usually fairly close popular vote wise? McCain was dire and still got 44%?
                  80/85% of people in the US will vote for the red or the blue, regardless of who they are, what they say, what they have done in the past.

That's a fairly even split, the remainder is the 'swing' vote that $2bn has been spent on convincing one way or the other...

Comment

Wonder if Dems have a chance of taking the next election after this. The Republican strategy of just targeting white men in their policies has surely got to give Democrats an ongoing edge?
                    historically, the elections following two-termers tend to be tipping points

think GWB, Obama, Nixon (combo of JFK\LBJ), Carter, Ike

it's like the Yanks just go 'feck it, we'll give the other lads a chance for a while'

Comment

There's already a chance of a house/senate which will be more left wing than Obama.
                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                        There's already a chance of a house/senate which will be more left wing than Obama.
                        what have you been smoking?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                          80/85% of people in the US will vote for the red or the blue, regardless of who they are, what they say, what they have done in the past.

That's a fairly even split, the remainder is the 'swing' vote that $2bn has been spent on convincing one way or the other...
                          N2cu2cuN
                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

Comment

Mitt Romneys son is inventively called Matt, lets hope his dog is call Mutt.

Comment

I don't think America does left-wing, in the same way that Ireland doesn't do right-wing.
                                  it doesn't stop people calling each other 'commies' and\or 'Nazis' though

Stalin and Hitler must be turning in their graves

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                    Mitt Romneys son is inventively called Matt, lets hope his dog is call Mutt.
                                    actually the dog is one of the factors leading to his electoral defeat

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      historically, the elections following two-termers tend to be tipping points
                                      two terms of ronnie led to a term of HW. America in the 80's was fucked up, yo.

Comment

two terms of ronnie led to a term of HW. America in the 80's was fucked up, yo.
                                        so fucked up that they won the Cold War

Comment

Hilary will win in 2016 according to a local radio station. Lol, that's as much as they have to say about the US presidential election

Comment

Who will Homer Simpson vote for in the 2012 Elections? Barack Obama or Mitt Romney?Subscribe now for more The Simpsons clips: http://fox.tv/SubscribeAnimatio...

Comment

what have you been smoking?
                                              Senate and house elections next year. If the Democrats can win both houses it will be because of Dems getting elected on the back of special interest group support. The candidates that get elected on platforms that win this support may actually be pushing Obama out of his comfort zone in the opposite direction that pandering to a republican controlled house/senate would.

Note, I know it's all centre right in the grand scheme of things, but I think my point stands.

Comment

the USSR in the 80's was worse

Comment

I have watched the clip of the Berlin wall coming down. The Hoff clearly ended the cold war with his music and the US president had nothing to do with it.

Bizarre that at such a historic moment they went hmm best get some entertainment. Should we go with something traditional German, perhaps an orchestra nah fuck it Knight Rider is on tour.

Comment

Senate and house elections next year. If the Democrats can win both houses it will be because of Dems getting elected on the back of special interest group support. The candidates that get elected on platforms that win this support may actually be pushing Obama out of his comfort zone in the opposite direction that pandering to a republican controlled house/senate would.

Note, I know it's all centre right in the grand scheme of things, but I think my point stands.
                                                    the Dems will hold a non-supermajority in the Senate, Reps will hold Congress and the gridlock will continue

No serious commentator is suggesting otherwise

By the way, you might want to check your facts per the highlighted!

Comment

Comment

Too true. USSR lost the cold war, but US didn't by any stretch of the imagination win it.
                                                        explain further so I may add you to the death list scoff at you

Comment

the Dems will hold a non-supermajority in the Senate, Reps will hold Congress and the gridlock will continue

No serious commentator is suggesting otherwise

By the way, you might want to check your facts per the highlighted!
                                                          ok, 2006 senate electees are up for reelection along with House of Rep guys voting today, end of the 112 congress in in 2013

Comment

Comment

ok, 2006 senate electees are up for reelection along with House of Rep guys voting today, end of the 112 congress in in 2013
                                                              now that you have your facts right perhaps you will concede there is no chance of a left-leaning Congress?

Comment

Look: I glean my information from tabloids, random blog posts, and hazily remembered dreams. What do you bring?
                                                                I'm expert in the fields of political betting and cricket

apart from that, I know very little about anything

Comment

Hilary will win in 2016 according to a local radio station. Lol, that's as much as they have to say about the US presidential election
                                                                  Your intriguing insight into the hilariously similarly sounding names of Mitt, his son and hopefully dog frankly puts them to shame!
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                    Your intriguing insight into the hilariously similarly sounding names of Mitt, his son and hopefully dog frankly puts them to shame!
                                                                    So what your saying is, I should have my own radio station. Interesting

Comment

now that you have your facts right perhaps you will concede there is no chance of a left-leaning Congress?
                                                                      a lefter than Obama congress.

Comment

surely it's in the media's interest to talk up a 'close contest'?

there's a few Republicans who must be kicking themselves that they decided to hold off for 2016; this race was there for the taking. Romney was such an awful candidate and yet made a reasonable run at it.
                                                                        Romney was the best the party could put forward IMO. I think the whole world has been genuinely surprised at how well he has done, given that over a year ago it looked like the party had no viable candidates. Until they drop the Tea Party nutjobs completely, they won't get a man in the Whitehouse. That will require a seriously charismatic leader. Paul Ryan might be the man to do it, but he's a bit young right now for their tastes.
                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

a lefter than Obama congress.

I am about to have a slice of toast that is toastier than an apple

Comment

there is definitely room on the airwaves for the rantings of misinformed morons

I will present the morning show, you can do the afternoon phone-in

Comment

...

Comment

I am about to have a slice of toast that is toastier than an apple
                                                                                indeed!

You get my point about them pushing Obama out the opposite side that a Rep. congress would?

Comment

South African wine too, i think. (just so you aren't unnecessarily putting yourself down)
                                                                                  meh, I just parrot whatever Gimmeabreak has to say on that subject

Comment

there is definitely room on the airwaves for the rantings of misinformed morons

I will present the morning show, you can do the afternoon phone-in
                                                                                    Can I do the Football phone in?

Comment

indeed!

You get my point about them pushing Obama out the opposite side that a Rep. congress would?
                                                                                      no, because it is not grounded in our reality-based universe

next thing you'll be telling me is that Joe Higgins will be the next Taoiseach

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                        Can I do the Football phone in?
                                                                                        there will be no sport content

we will have a late-night 'discussion' panel however; I'm thinking yourself and The_Rigger as permanent members

Comment

...

Comment

The world doesn't by rule have to come to a standstill for everything that happens in the USA, elections/super duper storms/ tower bombings. Elections in similarly powerful countries don't get a fraction of the coverage.
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

The world doesn't by rule have to come to a standstill for everything that happens in the USA, elections/super duper storms/ tower bombings. Elections in similarly powerful countries don't get a fraction of the coverage.
                                                                                              I think I have found the problem with your post

Comment

there will be no sport content

we will have a late-night 'discussion' panel however; I'm thinking yourself and The_Rigger as permanent members
                                                                                                G'wan then.

Our mate Dave will obv be involved too.

We should do a US Presidential Race podcast for a trial run.

Comment

On the Mitts nomination thing it is a much tougher job to be the republican. You have to start off on the right to get the loons to give you the nomination and then readjust to being center right which is where most American voters sit.

It is quite a massive shunt across and really fucks your credibility from the start. Basically though they cannot pick the most electable (center right candidate) as he wont get the nomination or the most popular amongst the party purist as they wont have a notion in the main event. They will always end up with something in between which will not work.

The republicans rather than spending their money on their own elections should spend it on some center center or lefty party to erode the democratic voter base.

They are pretty much guaranteed 40 odd percent same as the democrats at the moment which is why this swing state situation has arisen. Cut their base and even if you don't take it at least they don't have it and you gt over the line.

Comment

It's concerns one of our own, moneygalls own Barrack O' Bama

Comment

no, because it is not grounded in our reality-based universe

next thing you'll be telling me is that Joe Higgins will be the next Taoiseach
                                                                                                      Unless he skins Leo Varadkar in a Face/Off style.

Comment

G'wan then.

Our mate Dave will obv be involved too.

We should do a US Presidential Race podcast for a trial run.
                                                                                                        I will obv be the lead

Comment

Will the results be steadily coming in tonight for the election?

Comment

I will obv be the lead
                                                                                                            Perfect, 3 of us wrecking your head

Comment

They won

I thought the East just stopped pretending there was such a thing as 'the cold war'.
                                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

when the chinese get a second party and democratic elections I think it will be big news and we all love to watch the cheating that goes on in Russia. The results are already set but some brilliant cheating that would not be out of place in FIFA.

Nobody else is as powerful.

Comment

Perfect, 3 of us wrecking your head
                                                                                                                  You underestimate me, if I haven't wrecked my own head by now i doubt the 3 stooges could do it

Comment

Will the results be steadily coming in tonight for the election?
                                                                                                                    probably be tomorrow morning by the time it's done and dusted

the networks will 'call' various states through the night (you could call about 40 of them right now)

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                      Romney was the best the party could put forward IMO. I think the whole world has been genuinely surprised at how well he has done, given that over a year ago it looked like the party had no viable candidates. Until they drop the Tea Party nutjobs completely, they won't get a man in the Whitehouse. That will require a seriously charismatic leader. Paul Ryan might be the man to do it, but he's a bit young right now for their tastes.
                                                                                                                      Chris Christy or Jeb Bush could have won.
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        They won

I thought the East just stopped pretending there was such a thing as 'the cold war'.
                                                                                                                        no, Communism collapsed under the weight of its own internal contradictions

I don't think you can classify any of what happened in the late 80s as 'stopping pretending'

Comment

probably be tomorrow morning by the time it's done and dusted

the networks will 'call' various states through the night (you could call about 40 of them right now)
                                                                                                                          Must think up a drinking game for watching CNN through the night.

Will sleep on it. Better make it a different station. No doubt Piers Morgan will show up on CNN, the neville.

G'night.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X