• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
    The striking classes in my gym
    I still prefer the term poor people.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
      Finding CNN best for results coverage so far, just seem to be right on point, punching graphs/calling states, the beeb are faffing about talking to punters and discussing policies
      The guys name is Wolf. Amazing.

Needs moar Anderson Cooper.
      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I love watching Vanessa Selbst fuming after she 6bet shoves 44 and gets called by A9 and loses and berates Macphee. Geebag

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

Im sure people will tell me stastically this is safer then syncronised swimming or some such but are people really not killed in this?

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
            Im sure people will tell me stastically this is safer then syncronised swimming or some such but are people really not killed in this?
            There's definetly some savagery involved and some broken backs and necks!

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
              Definitely seems to be the clearest to me. I even tried Fox for a few minutes.
              CNN stats watch, Guy saying Romney is doing a good job closing the gap in a dem state, all derived from 1% of the votes counted.
              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Is anyone buying this 'neck and neck' bs when Obama is ~1.1 on the exchanges?
                Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

Most of the gruesome stuff on their is old footage, the Pride promotion is gone and they were the only ones that allowed kicking a grounded opponent, mma refs in general are a lot better now at stopping fights that little bit earlier when a guy is taking a pasting and not defending himself.

Read some research that put the argument forward that the type of ko's that happen in mma are safer than the kos in boxing as due to the smaller gloves they are generally one blow spark kos rather than a multitude of hits in the case of most boxing kos. Undoubtedly there will eventually be a death on a major mma promotion sooner or later though but it will probably be down to a pre existing condition that the fighter was unaware of being made worse by the fighting.

I think everyone should do some form of sparring at some point, its nerve racking when you first do it, but the benefit of realising that being hit in the face isnt the big deal we are led to believe it is our whole lives gives you a level of confidence to engage certain situations in a much braver manner, or at least thats what I took from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                      There's a local boxing gym that has classes several times a week. If I drop in for some classes am I going to be laughed at/punched in the face for being a beginner?
                      If it's like most Boxing gyms in Ireland the coaches will have little time for you. They concentrate mainly on kids who have potential. Some gyms will let you come in work out, bag work maybe a little sparring others won't even want you in the gym, others will want you get involved in a white collar fight.

I wouldn't expect too much interest from the coaches. This sounds weird but its the way it is in the main. If you want to do some striking and get coached/spar a Thai gym or an MMA gym would be a better bet.

Comment

Ah well...

Originally posted by Guardian
                        Joy unconfined among Democrats: not only has Chris Murphy defeated mega-wealthy Linda McMahon for Connecticut's senate seat, but they have retaken Joe Lieberman's old seat.

They will be dancing on the streets of [insert name of Connecticut's state capital] tonight.

Comment

Exurbs is a new word for me I have to say. Seems it is near a population centre but further out than normal suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                            If it's like most Boxing gyms in Ireland the coaches will have little time for you. They concentrate mainly on kids who have potential. Some gyms will let you come in work out, bag work maybe a little sparring others won't even want you in the gym, others will want you get involved in a white collar fight.

I wouldn't expect too much interest from the coaches. This sounds weird but its the way it is in the main. If you want to do some striking and get coached/spar a Thai gym or an MMA gym would be a better bet.
                            Thanks for that, good point about the coaches. A friend of mine does it and likes it (boxing) so I might head there rather than walking into a random gym.

Comment

Exurbs is a new word for me I have to say. Seems it is near a population centre but further out than normal suburbs.
                              Ballymote?

Comment

ROMNEY HAS TEXAS, IT'S HEATING UP
                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

...too close to call says sky news...1/14 says paddy power...actually unsure of.who speaks better politics...if news has any correct opinion then 6/1 romney right now has to be a great price...but can see Obama scraping it..spoke to my sister in Florida, she is adamant they will to romneys way...

Comment

Wow Florida is close.

Comment

According to Fox parliamentary politics is not democracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                        I love watching Vanessa Selbst fuming after she 6bet shoves 44 and gets called by A9 and loses and berates Macphee. Geebag
                                        That was a highly entertaining EPT episode. She's some player, but really hate the way she goes on.

Comment

Why did I eagerly await the deabtes 4 years ago and get excited to watch election day 4 years ago?

Why am I excited again this year?

I nothing USA and only buy into SkySports building up shite.

I am dissapoint, but eagerly watching.

Comment

When was CHD made a mod?!

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                              ESB bull jumped 30% because I am using a fan to stop my computer heating. Might be time to consider an alternative option.
                                              it's winter, hang it out the window
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                it's winter, hang it out the window
                                                GHDP,YD

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                  That was a highly entertaining EPT episode. She's some player, but really hate the way she goes on.
                                                  Kilickerer or whatever he is called must be coked out of his head or something! He was up and down like a yoyo and just couldn't stay still for 5 seconds!

On a different note, guess who Boyles have as 7/1 5th fave to win I'm a Celebrity get me outta here?

SPOILER

Zero chance he's involved!

Comment

Fox news not even pretending to be impartial it seems. Lots of this 'we' stuff when talking about Republicans.

Comment

When was CHD made a mod?!
                                                      Must be 18 months now. It is time people knew.

Comment

Is there a thread for this rumoured meet up? I am not seeing it.

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                        Must be 18 months now. It is time people knew.
                                                        Grats

Comment

Am I right in saying this isn't close despite how close they are saying it is?

It is more a decent fight by Mittens?

Comment

Hah, Empire state building with a totaliser.

Opr

Comment

Fox news not even pretending to be impartial it seems. Lots of this 'we' stuff when talking about Republicans.
                                                              They are a conservative news channel.

Comment

Unless it turns like Bush v Kerry, the market says it's fairly done and dusted.

Comment

They are a conservative news channel.
                                                                  I know that, but their tagline is 'fair and balanced'. I know it's a huge GOP leaning channel, but still funny how blatantly so it is.

Comment

I know that, but their tagline is 'fair and balanced'. I know it's a huge GOP leaning channel, but still funny how blatantly so it is.
                                                                    They aren't GOP leaing, they are part of the GOP machine.

Comment

There has been some deaths, I think two or three. But one was an unsanctioned fight in Russia, one in the US was an amateur fight, where the guy had a preexisting condition.

Originally posted by MrPillowTalk View Post
                                                                      Read some research that put the argument forward that the type of ko's that happen in mma are safer than the kos in boxing as due to the smaller gloves they are generally one blow spark kos rather than a multitude of hits in the case of most boxing kos.
                                                                      Plus, In boxing the 10-count system, allows guys to get dropped or briefly KO'd, stand up and come back for more damage. In MMA when you are knocked out, no matter how brief, its over. Striking a dropped opponent leads to quicker finishes and less damage over all imo.

I think everyone should do some form of sparring at some point, its nerve racking when you first do it, but the benefit of realising that being hit in the face isnt the big deal we are led to believe it is our whole lives gives you a level of confidence to engage certain situations in a much braver manner, or at least thats what I took from it.
                                                                      +1

Comment

Nice to get paid by Paddy Power but they stole the moment of victory...

unless Romney wins in which case it will be hilarious.

@Denny, what bets do you have on?
                                                                        Outright
                                                                        Virginia
                                                                        Iowa
                                                                        Ohio
                                                                        Colorado
                                                                        Pen
                                                                        NH
                                                                        Florida
                                                                        Wis

Comment

Seems like Obama is crushing all the battleground states, bar Florida which is a dead heat.

Comment

FML d1 game 6 players left average stack must be 5bbs i ship KK with 5 bbs and called by jacks he flops a house and i leave with a tenner profit after bubble is paid.
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

It would be awesome if Romney still won the popular vote just to see everyone completely contradict themselves about how Obama is legit president unlike Bush in 2000.

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                                                It would be awesome if Romney still won the popular vote just to see everyone completely contradict themselves about how Obama is legit president unlike Bush in 2000.
                                                                                Politics is like football. People have a certain opinion of events until they are reversed at a later time when they conveniently change their opinions to match what suits those they support.

Comment

palin alert!!!
                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Seems like the race was over before it even began. Don't know what the odds are but Romney must be a massive long shot now, and if he loses Florida that's game set and match.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                      Seems like the race was over before it even began. Don't know what the odds are but Romney must be a massive long shot now, and if he loses Florida that's game set and match.
                                                                                      25s
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Lol out loud. Romney is winning the popular vote.

CBS calling it for Obama.

Comment

Fox news conceding defeat in Ohio, and by extension nationally

Comment

There's a few large Obama states still to come in, my guess is Obama will just about win the national vote

Comment

GG Rmoney
                                                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

California not counted yet, the popular vote will be close overall though, but not the electoral college totals. Everyone calling Obama the winner now it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                  Outright
                                                                                                  Virginia
                                                                                                  Iowa
                                                                                                  Ohio
                                                                                                  Colorado
                                                                                                  Pen
                                                                                                  NH
                                                                                                  Florida
                                                                                                  Wis

Comment

They are dancing on the streets of Kenya.

CNN showed it.

Comment

California not counted yet, the popular vote will be close overall though, but not the electoral college totals. Everyone calling Obama the winner now it seems.
                                                                                                      Just watching fox showing Democrats celebrating, my first thought was I bet 5starpool hates those stupid little flags

Comment

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
                                                                                                        He lost the popular vote by a lot and won the election. We should have a revolution in this country!

Comment

Just watching fox showing Democrats celebrating, my first thought was I bet 5starpool hates those stupid little flags
                                                                                                          I'm not that grumpy! Not quite anyhow, although I'm wondering what those ring shaped things they have are. They look like cushioned things to make it more comfy to sit on the ground, but not much space to sit on.

Comment

Karl rove is on fox news saying it's still not over. How bizarre.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                25s
                                                                                                                Are you moving? No more eighty wee?

Comment

I've quite enjoyed the Fox news coverage, it wasn't too partisan although focused more on the Republicans than the Democrats. The live chat is hilarious though:

"The end of America is at hand."

"What happened to Gov Romney's chances? Why didn't he win? "

"There goes the united states of america!!!"

"so they go by Electoral vote .. why the heck did I even get out of my house today to go vote ... its doesn't count worth nothing !!!!"

"I can not believe what is happening. What has happened to the people of the US? How can they be so ignorant and not see what he has done to this country. I am out of the US."

"Our country is doomed"

"one good thing about Obama winning...he can never run again"

"California is a waste land"

"Whhhyyy. JESUS CHRIST. NONONONNONONNON This is America down the tubes. "

Comment

The Republicans won the game of blockbusters though, and can go for the goldrun soon.

Comment

According to Fox two states have just passed laws that legalise marujana recreationally. Time's they are a changing.

Comment

Yeah, looks like Obama will actually win the popular vote

Florida with 5% reported so far

1.6 million Obama
                                                                                                                        1.2 million Romney

If those figures are indicative then that means

32,000,000 Obama
                                                                                                                        24,000,000 Romney

Which is 8 million votes extra for obama. They are pretty much neck and neck now, 45 and a half million each

Comment

I don't know, they shouldn't have called Ohio so early. Romney is actually ahead right now on votes counted with 20% plus of the vote outstanding...
                                                                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X