Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched stanno tutte beni-1990 version of everybody is fine. Cried a lot. Really wonderful film.

Comment

Thinly veiled brag: does anyone have any travel advice for Cancun? Have been told coba,xcaret and isla mujeres are worth visiting.
      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
        1 spot left for deep sea fishing this Saturday ex Dunmore East in County Waterford at 11am. €50. PM Icarus for more information.

P.S. followed by session at the Bluegrass Festival obv.
        My mate sings/plays guitar with Land's End, saw them last week in Dublin and was very impressed, well worth a look

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
          Whilst I agree with you to a large extent I don't think we reflect this enough in how we live our lives. Obviously sometimes you play the game in order to not stand out and keep drawing the salary but if you really believe this should you not have an exit strategy even if it's only to keep hope alive??
          Find something better\more satisfying\with more $$$$ I suppose. Which is far easier said than done, especially when you have dependents and you've reached a certain level. iSnow and GAB are probably two examples. Never underestimate the power of inertia!
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Singing Trout sounds scary but its hard to not to laugh at it.

Stupidly, brilliantly funny
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Cyclone Sumvision. Plays every filetype you can throw at it. Remembers where you left a film next time you want to watch it. No bells and whistles on the UI. Ive used one for years and ive suggested them to Luddites and even they took to it. Cant go wrong.

Comment

Drama seems to follow me about:

So back from 4 day course, very intensive but got through it no bother , still have 3 days next week to do. I will say one thing they really did look after us. Hotel room was spot on , breakfast every morning, carvery at 1pm and dinner at night

anyway, Day one everyone is getting to know to each other , there was 18 of us three women and the rest fellas, all sound in fairness. There was two chaps in particular I got on well with, one nuts and so funny and the other very quiet but a complete gent. So Tuesday eve the three of us went to crowes bar to have a drink. We were then joined by two more chaps. Had a bit of banter and decided we would go back and get dinner , I only had the one drink , was wrecked and wasnt really in the humour for a session as we had three exams the following morning. Anyway back we go and one of the girls is there and two other chaps. So me and the two chaps I clicked with sat mainly outside. Just chatting normal stuff etc and we went back into bar. another chap james joined us , deffo wasnt my type tbh he was asking people to put drinks on his card as he couldnt take money off it etc. I said I was grand wasnt bothered drinking anymore and was heading to bed soon this was around 9ish maybe.

They then started asking to go to town, not a hope I said because if I did I would get locked and wouldnt get up the next day. so I left them at it and fucked off to bed:

4am the phone in room rang, the james chap says hi michelle do you wanna come to the room for drinks ....wtf eh I said ffs I was asleep and hung up. 4.10 the door knocks I look out thru spy hole and the retard is there asking did I want to go to his room for cuddles ah here for fuck sake. No i fucking dont i said , now fuck off and let me sleep!

4.20 he is back knocking, can I come into your room michelle. I told him gtfo or iwas ringing security. He went away. I climbed back into bed and my mobile facebook was beeping with loads of pms from him again! They went like this:
                SPOILER

I ignored it and tried to sleep at 5am I heard a bang , I thought omg he is trying to get into the room , he wasnt but I was kinda scared at this point and thought thats what the bang was. So got up at 7 with no sleep wrecked and so so angry!

I can forgive the room phone ringing and maybe one knock but nothing after. went for breakfast and he sitting with the others and goes morning. I ignored and sat on my own.
                Met a few of the others after breakfast and told them the story and asked what they thought , they were disgusted and said on a scale of one to ten it was a ten and that I should maybe inform the trainer.

Went to course at 9am and he still said nothing and i was thinking should I pull him aside and tell him I was very unhappy with his carry on or should I say it to the trainer. I decided to wait and see would he come to me. by 11am I had enough it was eating away at me, so I called trainer on a break and asked could i have a word, he brought me outside and i told him. He said 100% i had to come to him and tell him that and he would have to call HR, in the meantime yer man comes out and walks by us obviously seeing what im up to. After my meeting he nabs me " michelle I just checked my messages on FB, jesus Im so sorry" I said " i gave you ample time to come to me and you didnt so I am not accepting your apolgy and its now in mark's hands so he can deal with you" and I walked away.

Trainer asked me did I want to move to another hotel, I said not at all no need that I was fine but just thought he needed to know and i was very angry over it. in fairness I do not know the chap from adam, of all the people on course I would have the least interaction with him.

anyway at 5pm I was called to see management and told my story again. I was asked did I want to make it formal which would have meant him getting the sack. I am not a malicious person ( ye know that) and I thought about how he would explain to his partner if he was fucked off the course and that I was taking into account he had drink on board and that maybe for future refrence they would have that on file and that he should be pulled up over it.

I felt relived for telling the story and no I did not feel one bit guilty because I havent a clue about him or who is, all the lads said I should have made it formal and that I went easy on him.

The two he mentioned in the pm are lovely people and most certainly there was nothing going on there. when I came out of meeting lorraine checked her FB and gasped, she also had a message that said , I know you and him are at it would ye like a three some . I told her report but she said leave it off , that she couldnt be arsed.

fucking weirdo!
                Her sky-ness
                © 5starpool

Comment

Should've had the retard sacked. What a creep.

Comment

Agreed! I'd have reported him - let someone nicer and more deserving have a chance at the job imo

also, lorraine defo got the ride
                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                      Cyclone Sumvision. Plays every filetype you can throw at it. Remembers where you left a film next time you want to watch it. No bells and whistles on the UI. Ive used one for years and ive suggested them to Luddites and even they took to it. Cant go wrong.
                      Just ordered a couple of these:

Pretty much the same thing except a few quid cheaper. Probably made out of some type of biscuit. P&P 50% of the price of the units. A couple of €7 HDMI cables, couple of cheap 16GB USBs and that's it. Unfortunately I now have cousin duties for a couple of specific shows.

Also, what's a guy gotta do to get a cuddle? Jeez!

Comment

More importantly, what the fuck were you doing with people from work on facebook, and after only a couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                          Just ordered a couple of these:

Pretty much the same thing except a few quid cheaper. Probably made out of some type of biscuit. P&P 50% of the price of the units. A couple of €7 HDMI cables, couple of cheap 16GB USBs and that's it. Unfortunately I now have cousin duties for a couple of specific shows.

Also, what's a guy gotta do to get a cuddle? Jeez!
                          Aye that should be grand. Wouldnt be surprised if its the same unit badged differently.

Comment

'I had drink on board yer honour'

'Grand so'

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                              More importantly, what the fuck were you doing with people from work on facebook, and after only a couple of days.
                              you know the crack, all in the bar discussing FB and off everyone goes with the phones, he sent me a request along with a few others and I just accepted there and then shur how I was I suppose to know he turn into a psycho.. at least I learned a lesson from that!
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

The poor guy just wants a cuddle

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                  The poor guy just wants a cuddle
                                  god forgive me thats all you could do with the fat fucker !
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

I wonder at what point he gave up and had the pedal
                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

LOL. Poor bastard probably only remembered everything around lunchtime. Woke up in his own bed and thought "phew, at least I didn't make a tool of myself last night". At lunchtime then "I'll just see what's happening on FB".

Comment

I like his last comment its full of sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                          . He went away. I climbed back into bed and my mobile facebook was beeping with loads of pms from him again!
                                          Turn that crap off
                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

where abouts are ye michelle? this sounds like a bit of craic to be honest - might pop up
                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                              LOL. Poor bastard probably only remembered everything around lunchtime. Woke up in his own bed and thought "phew, at least I didn't make a tool of myself last night". At lunchtime then "I'll just see what's happening on FB".
                                              Fear. Unrelenting. Insidious. Fear.
                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Chocolate and stout is the perfect drink combo.
                                                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                      There's someone being fcked in a room close to this if the sounds are to be believed.
                                                      Probably Oisin and Lorraine.

Come to Brugge dude. We're trying to find this guy:

He is in Kings Landing in Westeros (in tv land anyhow)

Comment

Comment

What I dont get about creepy Hotel guy is what kinda mindset do you have to be in to write messages like that to someone you don't even know.

Obv he just wanted ride but the % of birds that would go for that kinda behaviour/messaging in any situation would be small enough. The % of birds who are up on a work course for a new job who would respond positively to that message must be near zero.

It can't be 'just the drink either' because you don't suddenly have point blank epiphanies about facebook messaging someone you barely know those kinda messages. He obviously was thinking about it while sober.

Jesus. The mind boggles. I can't even begin to imagine what kind of person would put all those different variables together and get a desired outcome, fuck it, not even a desired outcome, but any neutral outcome would be a win given the content of some of those messages, 'xx' like, spa.
                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                            What I dont get about creepy Hotel guy is what kinda mindset do you have to be in to write messages like that to someone you don't even know.

Obv he just wanted ride but the % of birds that would go for that kinda behaviour/messaging in any situation would be small enough. The % of birds who are up on a work course for a new job who would respond positively to that message must be near zero.

It can't be 'just the drink either' because you don't suddenly have point blank epiphanies about facebook messaging someone you barely know those kinda messages. He obviously was thinking about it while sober.

Jesus. The mind boggles. I can't even begin to imagine what kind of person would put all those different variables together and get a desired outcome, fuck it, not even a desired outcome, but any neutral outcome would be a win given the content of some of those messages, 'xx' like, spa.
                                                            exactly , when having the chat with management they told me he gave his version of the story and I said " oh Jesus please dont say that he said I came on to him or something like that" Which they said no not at all. I would say while in a group in bar I had maybe included him in convo only once or twice out of courtesy. If I knew him well fair enough but Jesus I know nothing about him at all. funny thing was after all that there wasnt a bother on him on course, asking questions having the banter etc.

very odd indeed ! I am a mad fucker and have seen it all but he was an odd one indeed and I heard after he got engaged at xmas lol God help her!
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

I think the guy showed fantastic persistence throughout.

Ringing you, cold calling to your door at all hours and using available technology to try to reach you. These are commendable transferable skills relevant to the position he is being trained in. Guy is a natural imo.

Comment

Comment

Ringing you, cold calling to your door at all hours and using available technology to try to reach you. These are commendable transferable skills relevant to the position he is being trained in. Guy is a natural imo.
                                                                    Nonzero chance that he is a plant to demonstrate to the non-MSN trainees on how to not take no for an answer despite appearing to be drawing dead?

Also non-zero chance this is the only reason MSN was brought to Dublin?

Comment

Haha nice one. I'd say there'll be a fair few punters who'll just sign the page to get rid of the fucker.
                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                        Haha nice one. I'd say there'll be a fair few punters who'll just sign the page to get rid of the fucker.
                                                                        Let's be honest we all know that this is a reverso.

Comment

Anyone else weirded out by the Bradley/Chelsea Manning thing? Have never really gotten gender reassignment at all, but it seems really weird to me to bring it up just when you've been sentenced to 35 years.
                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Nonzero chance that he is a plant to demonstrate to the non-MSN trainees on how to not take no for an answer despite appearing to be drawing dead?

Also non-zero chance this is the only reason MSN was brought to Dublin?
                                                                            I don't know which part I loved more. The way he created peer envy with Oisin & Lorraine to bag SatNav, his sell,sell,sell attitude by offering a threesome when all else failed or the guys sheer resilience when "after all that there wasnt a bother on him on course, asking questions having the banter etc."

Can't wait until next season of Undercover Boss

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                              Anyone else weirded out by the Bradley/Chelsea Manning thing? Have never really gotten gender reassignment at all, but it seems really weird to me to bring it up just when you've been sentenced to 35 years.
                                                                              Probably a fatalistic thing. He's proper fucked anyway so may as well do what he's always wanted to - become a she! Or it could be the ultimate angle shoot for better treatment.
                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Will he be entitled to the surgery?

Can he legally become female?

Women's prison obviously the angle.
                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Would be funny if he was super paranoid about getting a lot of unwanted action in prison and he doesn't want it so it's a case of a male becoming a female because they do not want to be fucked by a guy
                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                    Will he be entitled to the surgery?

Can he legally become female?

Women's prison obviously the angle.
                                                                                    Seems there is some precedent for it http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...uNO/story.html

Comment

Oh apparently we're supposed to use the feminine pronoun to describe her now.

Comment

Let's be honest we all know that this is a reverso.
                                                                                        At last someone with sense

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                          Oh apparently we're supposed to use the feminine pronoun to describe her now.
                                                                                          Listening to newstalk earlier, and they were getting a lot of hassle for still not referring to him as she

Comment

...

Comment

Put nearly full bag of pineapple kush down toilet. Thats just too high
                                                                                              i thought i knew you
                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                i thought i knew you
                                                                                                Some TUNEEEE!
                                                                                                Off the album Rubber Soul this song is about Jane Asher Paul's girlfriend at the time changing into something he does not know
                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                  Oh got a flashback there, was out in Whelans last night and a hot bar woman asks for my number. Times are good
                                                                                                  This chick is playing it wayyyy too cool - no text yet after she actually went out of her way to ask for my number... twice!! She plays a good game this one
                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Am looking forward to winning Telly Bingo today, in T minus 5 hours 51 minutes I will be in the pub celebrating

This place is dull in the night time
                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Why do Spurs have to go through qualifying for the Europa League? Is it because the team who finish 5th are seen as the 3rd qualifier kind of like 4th place for the champions league?
                                                                                                      That seems a bit stupid if it is. Surely the league cup winners would the obvious candidate for that spot.

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                                                                        Why do Spurs have to go through qualifying for the Europa League? Is it because the team who finish 5th are seen as the 3rd qualifier kind of like 4th place for the champions league?
                                                                                                        That seems a bit stupid if it is. Surely the league cup winners would the obvious candidate for that spot.
                                                                                                        League Cup winners enter the round before this one, 5th place enter in the play offs, and the FA Cup winner goes straight into the groups.

Comment

Stoke City FPL league

Official Fantasy Premier League 2023/24. Free to play fantasy football game, set up your fantasy football team at the Official Premier League site.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                            Expect some kind of appeal based on mental state? Like his choice of name though, Jose approves.

Edit to say astounded by lack of Manning Up puns.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

No wants to get in trouble with Liverpool FC

Comment

Expect some kind of appeal based on mental state? Like his choice of name though, Jose approves.

Some have suggested Chelsea Womanning would be better.

Comment

lol at GLEN WHELAN

Comment

Caps lock is cruise control for cool.
                                                                                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Adam choosing 3 Stoke Midfielders.

Comment

man or woman, Manning will be in solitary confinement for the next 10 years regardless.
                                                                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Expect some kind of appeal based on mental state?
                                                                                                                          Think manning's defence said that confusion over his sexuality affected his mental state and impaired his judgement (us version of 'I had a few drinks taken and wants a cuddle' perhaps) ... I heard an American legal bod on the radio saying that he thought it had contributed to the very merciful () 35 year sentence!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X