X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
      Did you notice my pipe above? Both sides of the rad are identical bar the draining valve on one side. Does common sense not mean that the 1st pipe to get hot is the pipe taking the water in, so the other pipe is the outlet?
      sorry if i was not clearer, first side to get hot is inlet(flow) it doesn't matter what side of the rad it is on, left/right.The outlet(return) is the side you use to control the heating

Comment

Originally posted by plumberpoker View Post
        sorry if i was not clearer, first side to get hot is inlet(flow) it doesn't matter what side of the rad it is on, left/right.The outlet(return) is the side you use to control the heating
        Yeah that's what i was thinking and I know which pipe get's hot first on each rad. Do i leave the inlet valve open fully on all rads and just adjust the outlet side to control heat going to each rad? Left the heating on with all valves open for 20 mins, and the radiator upstairs in the ensuite which is furthest away from the boiler never came on so guessing there's a problem with that. If 15 working rads, and each valve can turn 4 full rotations, if i start with the closest to the boiler, close it valve fully and then open it 1/4 turn and turn each one 1/4 turn more than the previous one until the final rad will just about be open fully. Is that a good base to start to make sure the system is pretty much balanced?

Comment

Another thing is that when we use the back boiler the rads come on in a totally different order. Only does some of the rads upstairs and none downstairs at all. We used to find that a rad that didn't come on with the oil DID with the back boiler, didn't make sense at all.

Should add that I would imagine the starting point is different for back boiler and the reason our bedroom ensuite is really hot as it is right beside the hotpress with a water tank in it.
          Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 11-03-13, 15:43.

Comment

Yeah that's what i was thinking and I know which pipe get's hot first on each rad. Do i leave the inlet valve open fully on all rads and just adjust the outlet side to control heat going to each rad? Left the heating on with all valves open for 20 mins, and the radiator upstairs in the ensuite which is furthest away from the boiler never came on so guessing there's a problem with that. If 15 working rads, and each valve can turn 4 full rotations, if i start with the closest to the boiler, close it valve fully and then open it 1/4 turn and turn each one 1/4 turn more than the previous one until the final rad will just about be open fully. Is that a good base to start to make sure the system is pretty much balanced?
            What i would do first is turn off all the rads except the ensuite sounds like that one is airlocked.Everything else you've said is pretty much correct

Comment

What i would do first is turn off all the rads except the ensuite sounds like that one is airlocked.Everything else you've said is pretty much correct
              Yeah that one isn't airlocked because it bleeds fine. Think it might be splurged (?) which would mean taking it off the wall and messing around with it which i won't be doing any time soon! If it's the last in the chain, hopefully it won't cause too many problems. None of the rads have any markings for one/off etc so pressume to switch them off, you mean to close the inlet valve by turning it fully clockwise? Wasn't sure it that would disrupt the flow between the rest of the rads. Going to have a bash at balancing it anyway. Cheers for all your help

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                  Another thing is that when we use the back boiler the rads come on in a totally different order. Only does some of the rads upstairs and none downstairs at all. We used to find that a rad that didn't come on with the oil DID with the back boiler, didn't make sense at all.

Should add that I would imagine the starting point is different for back boiler and the reason our bedroom ensuite is really hot as it is right beside the hotpress with a water tank in it.
                  heat from a back boiler is not as effecient as an oil boiler so it wont heat as well as the oil.
                  the rad that came on with the BB and not the oil could be piped as an expansion for the BB.This is a bit of guess work on my part I would really have to study the pipework and layout of your system

Comment

Yeah that one isn't airlocked because it bleeds fine. Think it might be splurged (?) which would mean taking it off the wall and messing around with it which i won't be doing any time soon! If it's the last in the chain, hopefully it won't cause too many problems. None of the rads have any markings for one/off etc so pressume to switch them off, you mean to close the inlet valve by turning it fully clockwise?yesWasn't sure it that would disrupt the flow between the rest of the rads. Going to have a bash at balancing it anyway. Cheers for all your help
                    It will still bleed a lot of the time if airlocked turn off all the other inlets only for 5 mins if it is airlocked you will hear it nearly straight away[HTML][/HTML]

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                      I was wondering was 'skill' a bottle a new term I hadn't heard off. Happy is was an error now
                      Shouldn't have edited. Must start using it now.
                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                        Well, I always have had the utmost respect for that small but significant minority of who stand for justice and integrity and stand bravely outside the gangs who use the cartel as a vehicle for their licensed rougery.

As to the article linked I'm shocked that so few have left, clearly one of the strongest remaining bastions of denial of the reality we now live in. The key line in the article is
                        In 1998, there were fewer than 5,000 solicitors on the roll, but now there are just under 14,000.

In the future when the true history of this dark age are written it will be seen that the real guiding hand behind the mania was not that of bankers per se but of this cohort of legal eagles both those operating out of the Four Goldmines and many more those working within or consulting to developers and the banks.
                        Ignoring the past and the rights and wrongs. Would you encourage your children to pursue employment in the legal fields?

I personally think unless you are connected that you'd be crazy to get into it BUT if you do have connections it's still a goldmine.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                        England and Wales has practicing 118,000 solicitors for population of 62 million. Ireland has 1/13th the solicitor number and a population that is 1/13th that of England and Wales, so there's definitely no over-supply. Ireland was only catching up with the UK numbers. Wonder if the relative underemployment here is caused by the difficulty of contemplating legal action in Ireland compared to the UK? Definitely an absolute last resort because of costs here, but seems to be way more affordable and therefore utilized in the UK.
                        Yeah our legal system, our financial system, our public sector and a load of other things cost way to much. No argument here.
                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                            England and Wales has practicing 118,000 solicitors for population of 62 million. Ireland has 1/13th the solicitor number and a population that is 1/13th that of England and Wales, so there's definitely no over-supply.
                            That's assuming there is no over-supply in England/Wales, judging by the amount of ambulance chasing ads on UK tv I would say that there is an over-supply there.

Comment

Does anyone know where I'd find the clip of the guy splashing chips after folding KK at the IO a few years back? Can't find on Youtube..

Comment

PM sent...Don't think Trev would be too pleased if it got ressurected
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                  . Would you encourage your children to pursue employment in the legal fields?

I personally think unless you are connected that you'd be crazy to get into it BUT if you do have connections it's still a goldmine.
                                  LOL the LAW is like RTE, an Equal Opportunities Employer, thay don't care if it was your Father or your Mother who was already riding the gravy train.

No, I'd actively discourage them. Even if their motives and intentions were good there are no judges or SC's in the family so they would have miniscule chance of both earning a living and staying honest

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                      Does anyone know where I'd find the clip of the guy splashing chips after folding KK at the IO a few years back? Can't find on Youtube..
                                      here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=t-OgL9T5oSQ
                                      found it on facebook
                                      ;-)

Comment

What a cnut.

Comment

Fidelma does it again

Cap required on time spent computer gaming – Healy Eames

Galway Fine Gael Senator Fidelma Healy Eames has called on manufacturers of gaming consoles such as Xbox and Playstation, to incorporate a maximum usage time in the interests of health. She made the call following a coroner’s report of a 20 year old UK citizen who died from Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) as a result of excessive use of the Xbox.
                                          The 20 year old, who was otherwise of good health, developed a blood clot in his lungs after spending 12 hour sessions playing the Xbox.

“It is only now that research on the addictive nature of these gaming consoles is beginning to emerge. What we need is quick action; and I believe it is not unreasonable to demand some class of a microchip to be installed that shuts the game down after two hours, and that it cannot be restarted for another period of time.

“We are soon to be putting images on cigarette boxes to prevent smoking because of the impact on health and its addictive quality. This is not far behind in respect of lasting damage.
                                          “Apart from the health point of view, thousands of our children, teens and even young married men are spending endless hours on these machines. Just ask parents how difficult it is. Prolonged periods of usage is negatively impacting on education outcomes as well as emotional and mental health.

This call is not about one death, which is reason enough in itself. Its about the impact the gaming industry without reasonable controls can have on young people’s minds and the quality of their lives.

“I will be writing to the National Consumer Agency asking them to communicate with manufacturers to see what steps they will take to ensure responsible, healthy usage.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                            Fidelma does it again

its too lol for words.

Comment

Fidelma does it again

Cap required on time spent computer gaming – Healy Eames

Galway Fine Gael Senator Fidelma Healy Eames has called on manufacturers of gaming consoles such as Xbox and Playstation, to incorporate a maximum usage time in the interests of health. She made the call following a coroner’s report of a 20 year old UK citizen who died from Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) as a result of excessive use of the Xbox.
                                              The 20 year old, who was otherwise of good health, developed a blood clot in his lungs after spending 12 hour sessions playing the Xbox.

“It is only now that research on the addictive nature of these gaming consoles is beginning to emerge. What we need is quick action; and I believe it is not unreasonable to demand some class of a microchip to be installed that shuts the game down after two hours, and that it cannot be restarted for another period of time.

“We are soon to be putting images on cigarette boxes to prevent smoking because of the impact on health and its addictive quality. This is not far behind in respect of lasting damage.
                                              “Apart from the health point of view, thousands of our children, teens and even young married men are spending endless hours on these machines. Just ask parents how difficult it is. Prolonged periods of usage is negatively impacting on education outcomes as well as emotional and mental health.

This call is not about one death, which is reason enough in itself. Its about the impact the gaming industry without reasonable controls can have on young people’s minds and the quality of their lives.

“I will be writing to the National Consumer Agency asking them to communicate with manufacturers to see what steps they will take to ensure responsible, healthy usage.
                                              that's from 2 years ago.

If you want an example of her doing it again, last week she tweeted a friend of mine the phrase "get your facts straight".

I did a lol.
                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                that's from 2 years ago.
                                                Missed that, ah well.

Comment

Missed that, ah well.
                                                  that's what you get for following John McGuirk on twitter.

Comment

Anyone here who has a done a dissertation/thesis recently have a decent research methodology chapter they could send onto me?

Having trouble deciding on a decent layout. Any help appreciated, cheers.

Comment

that's from 2 years ago.

If you want an example of her doing it again, last week she tweeted a friend of mine the phrase "get your facts straight".

I did a lol.
                                                      lol, she mustve been well chuffed when skyrim launched.

On this subject when oblivion came out my first 'gaming session' (non stop, on the couch, dozing mid game) was slightly under 170 hours.

Dying after just 1 12 hour session only means that guy was a pussy.

Comment

What a cracking free kick, and what a complete balls of a mess than none of the 3 'referees' managed to see it was way over the line.

Former referee Kenny Clark says the match officials who failed to award Hibernian a goal were following correct Uefa protocols.

Clark told BBC Radio Scotland: "Euan Norris had taken up a position, as guided by Uefa and the SFA, about 35 yards out in line with the wall in order that he could manage the wall." And he had Raymond Whyte lined up on the edge of the penalty area to stand in line with the second last defender to judge for offside infringements.
                                                        It's a direct free kick. Surely the ref can managed the wall and one of the assistant referees should have been watching the goal line?

Comment

It was a bit windy at the weekend over in England too.

SPOILER

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I've been saying it for a long time, the standard of refs in Scotland is a joke.

Comment

Stars line up an hour earlier? That a permanent change or clocks changed somewhere?

Comment

Stars line up an hour earlier? That a permanent change or clocks changed somewhere?
                                                                US DST time change this weekend, I think

Comment

clocks changed in US for summer shit i think

Comment

US DST time change this weekend, I think
                                                                    Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                    clocks changed in US for summer shit i think
                                                                    I prefer Chips 'summer shit' version Zod.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                      It was a bit windy at the weekend over in England too.

SPOILER

SPOILER

Comment

Clocks changed in USA probably.

Can someone confirm?

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                          Anyone here who has a done a dissertation/thesis recently have a decent research methodology chapter they could send onto me?

Having trouble deciding on a decent layout. Any help appreciated, cheers.
                                                                          I did one last year for a qualitative research methodology.

Can send it on if it's any use to you.

Comment

Yup, we're out of sync for two weeks.

Comment

I see there is a big fuss being made over the dude in a wheelchair not getting into madison nightclub. Apart from the fact it is probably the joe duffy brigade leading the charge was refusing him admission not the right call based on the fact that there is a stairs and no wheelchair access?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                I see there is a big fuss being made over the dude in a wheelchair not getting into madison nightclub. Apart from the fact it is probably the joe duffy brigade leading the charge was refusing him admission not the right call based on the fact that there is a stairs and no wheelchair access?
                                                                                He's actually leading it himself.
                                                                                I was kinda on his side at the start of it but the more I think of it, he seems to be a bit of a header.
                                                                                I mean, what happens if there was a fire or something?
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                  He's actually leading it himself.
                                                                                  I was kinda on his side at the start of it but the more I think of it, he seems to be a bit of a header.
                                                                                  I mean, what happens if there was a fire or something?
                                                                                  I heard that when he arrived at the door the bouncers said they weren't insured to carry him down the stairs but that his friends could if he wanted to go in. Apparently then his friends started going mad saying it was discrimination, we're going to sue you etc. From what I've heard, his report of the incident wasn't fair or accurate.

Comment

Its an odd one. Good to see a fuss being made about the issue but it would seem to be a terrible case to use. If its a nightclub that doesn't have accessibility built in then they are obv right to refuse him and after that its a matter for planning.

My Sisters partner is in a bad way with MS using a mouth controlled motorised chair and its incredible the number of places that are supposedly certified by local authority planning for accessibility that are just not usable for them at all. The worst offenders are hotels and restaurants, they will always claim to be suitable but mostly they just aren't.

Comment

Madison Nightclub unreservedly apologise for the disgraceful treatment of Graham Bolger last night at the club. The person, who was with us from an outside agency for the last 4 weeks, has been dismissed with immediate effect and he will not be employed by the sub-contractor again. Our company policy is that the club is open to all. We have welcomed people of all abilities and will continue to do so. We are ashamed and embarrassed that this has happened. We have delayed posting here as we have been trying to contact Graham directly to apologise to him in advance of apologising publicly. We deeply regret what has happened and will ensure that it never happens again. We hope to speak to Graham directly as soon as possible.
                                                                                      .

Can the guy sue them now?
                                                                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

I was at the National hurling league game in Dungarvan yesterday. I arrived fairly early and got a seat. It was a bad day and as it got closer to throw in the steps in between seats started filling up. Basically anyone with a seat now could not see the game. There was a few exceptional cases aswell near me (Grandfather and child, 2 special needs individuals) along with several older and younger individuals.

There was no steward on our section and i went to the nearest one who said "what do you want me to do about it". He said talk to him and pointed to a person in a orange jacket. I said to that individual you cant have people standing on the steps no one can see and its a H&S issue. He nicely told me to "Fcuk off".

I returned to my seat again and as more people got frustrated I went again this time to the front gate. I was then put in contact with the event co-ordinator who had a chat with me and took my name, address and number. I asked him what he was going to do?

"What can I do the weather went against us"

"We were left down by stewards"

"I cant go up and tell them move theyl F and blind us out of it"

"Here you take the jacket and get them to move"

At this point I went back and my GF was confronting an individual who was directly in her way he told her to "fcuk off back to your seat little girl"

I then had a small shape up with him but im not exactly one for violence. I then eventually got in contact with a Gardai who seemed interested but couldnt really interfere as its not his job as such.

At the start of the second half I spotted the safety officer and took up my issues with him. He denied it was his job even tho he wore a vest with safety officer. I decided to stand in front of the Vip section ( possibly the selectors seats im not 100% sure). I made the point that if i can be moved from there why cant someone move the others. All he done was walk away and I just moved as I didnt want to act the clown altogether as the lads were apologetic.

My final straw was to confront the front gate and ask for my money back. I was told by the man on the front gate to fcuk off or.. and I said or what he replied " I know what id like to do to you".

Ive calmed a bit since yesterday but im pretty tempted to contact HSA and Munster council. Anyone think I should just leave it go? I have pictures and so on....
                                                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Who sits at a match???

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                            Who sits at a match???
                                                                                            Plastic fans and daytrippers obv.

Comment

What a cold day door knocking Brrr. I must have had 6 cups of tea with people feeling sorry for me!! Although I did invite myself in for 3 of them
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                Who sits at a match???
                                                                                                When is the last Soccer game you went to where people stood all the game on the pathway?

Ive no issue with standing but not what went on there. Il personally always be on the terrace.
                                                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                                  When is the last Soccer game you went to where people stood all the game on the pathway?

Ive no issue with standing but not what went on there. Il personally always be on the terrace.
                                                                                                  He would usually be in that group on the pathway with the 12 other Bohs fans.

Comment

Anyone know where the PP shop is in Blanch? Have to dash between a few of them in the morn
                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I was at the National hurling league game in Dungarvan yesterday. I arrived fairly early and got a seat. It was a bad day and as it got closer to throw in the steps in between seats started filling up. Basically anyone with a seat now could not see the game. There was a few exceptional cases aswell near me (Grandfather and child, 2 special needs individuals) along with several older and younger individuals.

There was no steward on our section and i went to the nearest one who said "what do you want me to do about it". He said talk to him and pointed to a person in a orange jacket. I said to that individual you cant have people standing on the steps no one can see and its a H&S issue. He nicely told me to "Fcuk off".

I returned to my seat again and as more people got frustrated I went again this time to the front gate. I was then put in contact with the event co-ordinator who had a chat with me and took my name, address and number. I asked him what he was going to do?

"What can I do the weather went against us"

"We were left down by stewards"

"Here you take the jacket and get them to move"

At this point I went back and my GF was confronting an individual who was directly in her way he told her to "fcuk off back to your seat little girl"

I then had a small shape up with him but im not exactly one for violence. I then eventually got in contact with a Gardai who seemed interested but couldnt really interfere as its not his job as such.

At the start of the second half I spotted the safety officer and took up my issues with him. He denied it was his job even tho he wore a vest with safety officer. I decided to stand in front of the Vip section ( possibly the selectors seats im not 100% sure). I made the point that if i can be moved from there why cant someone move the others. All he done was walk away and I just moved as I didnt want to act the clown altogether as the lads were apologetic.

My final straw was to confront the front gate and ask for my money back. I was told by the man on the front gate to fcuk off or.. and I said or what he replied " I know what id like to do to you".

Ive calmed a bit since yesterday but im pretty tempted to contact HSA and Munster council. Anyone think I should just leave it go? I have pictures and so on....
                                                                                                      You really pick the strangest crusades.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                        .

Can the guy sue them now?
                                                                                                        He could never sue. Every nightclub has the right to refuse someone from their premises.
                                                                                                        I seen someone kick up on the tesco page when he was refused alcohol at the counter which I think is just daft.

Comment

Every game till we became shit although in fairness anyone wanting to sit could go to the other end of the ground. Would love the option of terraces but unfortunately results based thinking has them practically banned around Europe.

Comment

He nicely told me to "Fcuk off".

"fcuk off back to your seat little girl"

I was told by the man on the front gate to fcuk off or..
                                                                                                            Three different people told you to "fuck off" in one afternoon?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Alanfox View Post
                                                                                                                He could never sue. Every nightclub has the right to refuse someone from their premises.
                                                                                                                Not on grounds of disability.

Comment

Three different people told you to "fuck off" in one afternoon?
                                                                                                                  You will find that happens when people become under pressure and realise that they are 100% not doing there job.
                                                                                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                    Anyone know where the PP shop is in Blanch? Have to dash between a few of them in the morn
                                                                                                                    One in Blanch village then scoot to center its across road from Kentucky fried chicken
                                                                                                                    next one about 500 metres up the road besde the Mcdonalds far side of the center but still in the shopping center.
                                                                                                                    Then scoot up to Ongar 4 shops 30 mins easy

Friend of mine got rung up today on avirtual horse at 11/8 in Blanch Village
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 11-03-13, 20:40.

Comment

On exact bubble lol, cracking river

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 4.4 Tournament, 800/1,600 Blinds 200 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

MP1 (t15,173)
                                                                                                                      MP2 (t9,737)
                                                                                                                      MP3 (t30,617)
                                                                                                                      CO (t19,398)
                                                                                                                      Hero (Button) (t15,986)
                                                                                                                      SB (t29,790)
                                                                                                                      BB (t19,228)
                                                                                                                      UTG (t29,240)
                                                                                                                      UTG+1 (t33,471)

Hero's M: 3.81

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, J
                                                                                                                      5 folds, CO bets t3,200, Hero raises to t15,786 (All-In), 1 fold, BB calls t14,186, CO raises to t19,198 (All-In), BB calls t3,242 (All-In)

Flop: (t56,442) 3, 4, 6 (3 players, 3 all-in)

Turn: (t56,442) 3 (3 players, 3 all-in)

River: (t56,442) J (3 players, 3 all-in)

Total pot: t56,442

Results below:
                                                                                                                      Hero had J, J (full house, Jacks over threes).
                                                                                                                      BB had 4, 4 (full house, fours over threes).
                                                                                                                      CO had A, Q (one pair, threes).
                                                                                                                      Outcome: Hero won t49,958, BB won t6,484

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                        Blanch. S/Cntr.
                                                                                                                        Unit 454 Blanchardstown Centre
                                                                                                                        Blanchardstown , Dublin 15

Blanchardstown
                                                                                                                        Adj Kasks Public House
                                                                                                                        Main Street, Blanchardstown , Dublin 15

Blanchardstown West End
                                                                                                                        Unit 5 Westend Commercial Village
                                                                                                                        Snugborough Road, Blanchardstown , Dublin 15
                                                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                                                                          One in Blanch village then scoot to center its across road from Kentucky fried chicken
                                                                                                                          next one about 500 metres up the road besde the Mcdonalds far side of the center but still in the shopping center.
                                                                                                                          Then scoot up to Ongar 4 shops 30 mins easy

Friend of mine got rung up today on avirtual horse at 11/8 in Blanch Village
                                                                                                                          Cheers Mick, didn't know there were that many. Literally valuable info
                                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X