This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
    And ladybirds- must have flicked about 10 off my shirt in Dun Laoghaire today.
    You may have just torn up a ten euro note.
    This too shall pass.

Comment

Out having a drink with two of the lads off course. One of them just pulled out a bag of mdma from his pocket
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            crystals? you're fcked so
            Lol no fucking way. Have three exams in morning
            Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Comment

maybe just try a few of them and then go for an early night? its a ridic good drug and exams are a bit of a shite thing to be doing.
                  Not a chance. No way. They are in their 20s lol I'd be ine bits
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                    I'm not sure why Sky Sports have added an mumbling inarticulate scouser to what was by far the best football show on tv last season. Don't try fix what isn't broken, Chamberlain and Neville were brilliant on their own.
                    Hate Hate Hate!!
                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                        Anyone know of any websites u can order customized gear without a minimum order?

Just a crest on some clothing items (training tops, polo shirts, jacket etc.). Obviously having to pay an extra few quid for this is no big deal.

I usually like pro direct for stuff like this, but impossible to get a straight answer from them. Sent first email about 6 weeks ago and have gotten 3 replies since, all basically saying the same thing. When I try to place an order or send an image of the crest, I don't get a reply.
                        IIRC Loopz on here used to be involved in that sort stuff?

Comment

well just try a handful and they come back to us if its not working. How often have you had a chance to try this drug? This could be the last time you ever get offered mdma and you'll look back on it with regret if you don't take it up
                          I did enough drugs to put the two women in Peru to shame in my time lol nah I really would be fucked up tomorrow, so not worth it
                          Her sky-ness
                          © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

well, just a few then? You're surely not finding the same release in drink are you? This is a spectacular release that will make your thoughts tomorrow more interesting. You also probably won't get a chance to do it again.
                              Ffs hitch you r in the wrong job lol you should have been a drug pusher. Honestly have no interest. If it was Friday and course finished I possibly would lol
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Comment

What ever happened Vanveen?

Comment

Anyone know of any websites u can order customized gear without a minimum order?

Just a crest on some clothing items (training tops, polo shirts, jacket etc.). Obviously having to pay an extra few quid for this is no big deal.

I usually like pro direct for stuff like this, but impossible to get a straight answer from them. Sent first email about 6 weeks ago and have gotten 3 replies since, all basically saying the same thing. When I try to place an order or send an image of the crest, I don't get a reply.
                                      How good quality is the image? I used to use www.cafepress.com for t-shirts. They do other stuff too. You could try www.spreadshirt.ie they had better quality products for a few quid more. If you want to send me the image to look at or need more info drop us a pm.

Comment

when are we starting #justiceforDennyCrane twitter campaign?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                          when are we starting #justiceforDennyCrane twitter campaign?
                                          What's up with him?
                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                              Ffs hitch you r in the wrong job lol you should have been a drug pusher. Honestly have no interest. If it was Friday and course finished I possibly would lol

Take some and keep it for Friday ? MDMA is pretty intense when taken pure. I much preferred watered down pills when you can still give massages and hugs and backbreakers to your friends. Back in the day of course, too old for that stuff now

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                How good quality is the image? I used to use www.cafepress.com for t-shirts. They do other stuff too. You could try www.spreadshirt.ie they had better quality products for a few quid more. If you want to send me the image to look at or need more info drop us a pm.
                                                thanks a million! PM sent
                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

I've been saying Spurs will only sell Bale if Bale really wants to leave. Getting a 100mil injection right now isn't exactly useless for Spurs, but it's kinda useless because they can't attract any top players atm because they're not in the Champions League, so basically the 100mil is an injection to the club, but it can't be used on (good) transfers.

All that said, Willian signing is the writing on the wall for me. I really, really hope he stays, but I just can't see it at this stage. All the signings seem to be a case of replacing Bale before he goes and they're going to negotiate well to get an absurd amount of money for him.
                                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Anyone know a good site to create a CV for free?

Comment

I've been saying Spurs will only sell Bale if Bale really wants to leave. Getting a 100mil injection right now isn't exactly useless for Spurs, but it's kinda useless because they can't attract any top players atm because they're not in the Champions League, so basically the 100mil is an injection to the club, but it can't be used on (good) transfers.

All that said, Willian signing is the writing on the wall for me. I really, really hope he stays, but I just can't see it at this stage. All the signings seem to be a case of replacing Bale before he goes and they're going to negotiate well to get an absurd amount of money for him.
                                                      Useless? Soldado and Willian and the other kid >>> Bale

Comment

All that said, Willian signing is the writing on the wall for me. I really, really hope he stays, but I just can't see it at this stage.
                                                        Rumour has it, Arsenal are trying to steal Willian from under the nose of Spurs. Scouts have been tracking him for 6 weeks now and we're about to put in a firm offer

SPOILER

Comment

I think that a decision has been made to have a tilt for the title this year*. I think Siggy is more likely to get sold than Bale, with Bale playing behind Soldado and Willian on the left if he actually joins. I remember we were 1/10 or so on to buy Benteke before he signed an extension at Villa.

As regards the transfers in, I think that was part of AVBs decision for staying when PSG were keen to buy out his managerial contract at Spurs. As well as that was bringing in Baldini as Director of Football. While spending £100m seems a lot, Spurs are financially able to do so and can always sell Bale next year for £60m+ if it all goes to shit and they need to balance the books. It has also been said that his agent and family were at WHL agreeing a new deal at Spurs rather than trying to force a move to RM.

* Seems a good a year as any given new managers at Chelsea/Utd/City and Arsenal selling their top players and not replacing with similarly talented players (imo). Although if Spurs can break top 3 this year then I think it will be a success. Fly in the ointment is the NDP development for the new stadium which will be a financial drag for up to 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                            Useless? Soldado and Willian and the other kid >>> Bale
                                                            sorry, portraying what I mean badly...

Basically, 108mil or whatever is 'worth' considerably less to the football club not in the Champions League than a club that is in the Champions League (due to the calibre of player it can attract)

I definitely agree Spurs have bought really, really, really well.
                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

How is Willian allowed to move? I thought a player cannot play for more than two teams in 12 months?
                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                How is Willian allowed to move? I thought a player cannot play for more than two teams in 12 months?
                                                                Are there any rules in place which limit how many clubs a player can play for in one season?

Currently under the FIFA Transfer Regulations a football player is unable to play for more than three teams in one season. This applies whether the player has been transferred or simply is on loan with that club.

This also applies regardless of what country that player has plied his trade in, whether that is in Europe, Africa or South America. As long as a player has represented a club in a league under the adjudication of a FIFA Member Association they will only be able to play for three different clubs.

However, this does mean that a football player is free to represent a total of three different clubs in any league in the world over the course of one season.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                                                                  I think that a decision has been made to have a tilt for the title this year*. I think Siggy is more likely to get sold than Bale, with Bale playing behind Soldado and Willian on the left if he actually joins. I remember we were 1/10 or so on to buy Benteke before he signed an extension at Villa.

As regards the transfers in, I think that was part of AVBs decision for staying when PSG were keen to buy out his managerial contract at Spurs. As well as that was bringing in Baldini as Director of Football. While spending £100m seems a lot, Spurs are financially able to do so and can always sell Bale next year for £60m+ if it all goes to shit and they need to balance the books. It has also been said that his agent and family were at WHL agreeing a new deal at Spurs rather than trying to force a move to RM.

* Seems a good a year as any given new managers at Chelsea/Utd/City and Arsenal selling their top players and not replacing with similarly talented players (imo). Although if Spurs can break top 3 this year then I think it will be a success. Fly in the ointment is the NDP development for the new stadium which will be a financial drag for up to 10 years.
                                                                  That all sounds quite positive for Bale staying.

I really hope a title shot is the plan for Spurs. There's never going to be a better time for it. Developing a player like Gareth Bale into a world class player is the only way any team outside the top 4 have of winning a title without a billionaire taking over the club.

So many transfers have been said to be done deals this summer (Higuain, Thiago, Cavani I thought were all effectively confirmed) that I am wrong to assume the Willian deal is done.
                                                                  Just waiting and hoping Bale stays is the plan of action I guess!
                                                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Fixing an Apple Mac, by er washing it

Can washing a faulty Apple Macintosh Classic II really bring it back to life? BLOG ENTRY: http://goo.gl/Z0EIxBAFFLIATED LINKS/ADVERTISING NOTICEAll links are...
                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                      motherfuckbags

Terrible news for O'Malley, Leinster and Ireland.
                                                                      Only tenuously related, and old news. Just found this a really sad read in many ways http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/23699697
                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                        Only tenuously related, and old news. Just found this a really sad read in many ways http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/23699697
                                                                        MND is a cunt of a disease. You literally watch yourself turn into a vegeatable and die. Joost was one of the finest scrum halves to play the game, probably second only to Garreth Edwards. Keep up the good fight comrade

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
                                                                          MND is a cunt of a disease. You literally watch yourself turn into a vegeatable and die. Joost was one of the finest scrum halves to play the game, probably second only to Garreth Edwards. Keep up the good fight comrade
                                                                          One of the reasons i still keep a gun licence even if i dont hunt or shoot anymore.
                                                                          If i get some pox of a disease like that ill end myself before the disease does.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearbocht View Post
                                                                            One of the reasons i still keep a gun licence even if i dont hunt or shoot anymore.
                                                                            If i get some pox of a disease like that ill end myself before the disease does.
                                                                            What are the others Michael? For use if that SatNav wan ever turns up at the door?

Comment

Originally posted by Fearbocht View Post
                                                                              Your a quitter rather than a fighter ?
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                                Do you pick the match or do they just randomly tell you 5-10 days prior to a match?
                                                                                like what's stopping you picking Barc V Real Madrid?

Comment

Winner of Rose of Tralee went from 9/4 favourite to 25/1 before winner announced, bit of a turn up for the books

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                    I make the muffin things in the evening when cooking dinner.

Silicone muffin tray, beat eggs, pour into tray. Add cooked bacon pieces (and cheese, or sausages, or chicken, or diced peppers or anything really). Oven for 25 mins at 180c. 1min in the microwave at work in the morning.

Sorted!
                                                                                    Sounds like a fritata basically. Been grinding them hard recently myself savage for meals or just light snacks

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
                                                                                      yeah, just saw that BBC story on FB. so sad but, characteristically, JvdW seems to be taking it as best anyone could.
                                                                                      25 years loving rugby, in my mind's eye he's the prototype scrum-half, so explosive with pace and power yet ice in the veins.
                                                                                      vile condition, filled with rage right now

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                        What ever happened Vanveen?
                                                                                        Think he stopped grinding and went back to college. I used to chat to him a bit on msn way back when, bit of a degen tilter irl but obviously an incredibly smart guy.

Comment

Buying us jerseys after just 1 win? ah you're lovely you are
                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Nice to be lucky

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 5.5 Tournament, 15,000/30,000 Blinds 3,750 Ante (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

MP (t1,295,289)
                                                                                            Hero (CO) (t410,877)
                                                                                            Button (t304,649)
                                                                                            SB (t297,070)
                                                                                            BB (t1,134,256)
                                                                                            UTG (t326,050)

Hero's M: 6.09

Preflop: Hero is CO with 10, 10
                                                                                            UTG raises to t322,300 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero raises to t407,127 (All-In), 3 folds

Flop: (t712,100) 7, J, 8 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t712,100) 9 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t712,100) K (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t712,100
                                                                                            Main pot: t712,100 between Hero and UTG, won by Hero

Results below:
                                                                                            SPOILER

UTG had A, A (one pair, Aces).
                                                                                            Hero had 10, 10 (straight, Jack high).
                                                                                            Outcome: Hero won t712,100
                                                                                            One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

PokerStars Tournament #775133384, No Limit Hold'em
                                                                                              Buy-In: $5.00/$0.50 USD
                                                                                              869 players
                                                                                              Total Prize Pool: $12745.00 USD
                                                                                              Tournament started 2013/08/20 21:00:00 WET [2013/08/20 16:00:00 ET]

Dear 3Osomething,

You finished the tournament in 3rd place. A USD 1,236.26 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

You earned 292.76 tournament leader points in this tournament. For information about our tournament leader board, see our web site at http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tour.../leader-board/

Congratulations!

Thank you for participating.
                                                                                              One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Anybody know why James Wade got suspended?

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                                  Anybody know why James Wade got suspended?
                                                                                                  It's widely accepted that if James Wade wasn't James Wade, ie world number 3 and one of the best ever then he would have been banned from darts for life by now. He's supposed to be impossible to deal with, a proper diva/wanker combo

Comment

Surely there has to be a specific reason though and not just because of his 'eccentricities'.

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                                      Surely there has to be a specific reason though and not just because of his 'eccentricities'.
                                                                                                      Nothing released or on twitter about it just 'it was coming'

Comment

Will you let me know how you get on with this please, I need to get stuff made up as well.
                                                                                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                                                                                                            Anyone know a good site to create a CV for free?

Comment

Fintan O'Toole is just such a prick. How would anyone pay for a newspaper to read a troll. This isn't the worst of it, but the self-importance of the opening part is odd: http://www.irishtimes.com/news/polit...cted-1.1498976
                                                                                                              Well its just an a ego measuring contest between two insufferable pricks in which I reckon this paragraph wins the match fair and square
                                                                                                              Originally posted by FintanTool
                                                                                                              Being accused of self-hatred is a new one – I am usually, and with rather more justice, accused of the opposite. Self-hatred is certainly a fault Michael could never himself be charged with. His self-love has indeed proved to be more impregnable than Fort Knox. It has survived his membership of the worst government in the history of the State; his complete failure as minister for justice to make the criminal justice system fit for the purpose of prosecuting white-collar criminals; leading his party to extinction; his obnoxious trumpeting of inequality as “an inevitable part of the society of incentives that Ireland has, thankfully, become”; and the disastrous consequences of the ideology of low taxes and light regulation that he championed. It has even survived the outrageous folly of paying €30 million of public money for the site of Thornton Hall – which the Comptroller and Auditor General found to be twice the market price. Michael is not perhaps the world’s greatest authority on self-hatred.
                                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...

Comment

But that's just bluff. Michael McDowell was a highly flawed politician, but brilliant in many ways. A lot of us would probably vote for his new party if it forms.
                                                                                                                  If it was a choice between a party run by MickeyMc or Tool I think I'd emigrate
                                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

But that's just bluff. Michael McDowell was a highly flawed politician, but brilliant in many ways. A lot of us would probably vote for his new party if it forms.
                                                                                                                    As much as I like Michael McDowell, I really don't see how there's a space for a party on the right and especially not one led/founded by someone who a) has policies more right of centre than any current party b) someone who was heavily involved in govt during the boom and c) someone who during the bubble held strong free market neoliberal views, an approach many people blame for the current situation.

Comment

Anyone here doing an NFL fantasy?

I got Marshawn Lynch and Steve Jackon in my first two picks. 4 of our draft picked QBs first out.

Some amount of needling going on.
                                                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Hitch prompted me to write about this.

I'm having a 'not good' mental health day, and cannot for the life of me identify a trigger, other than some people around me are having massively stressful times of things at the moment.

Does anyone else get stressed by secondary stress?
                                                                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X