This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
    just wondering if Kev or anybody else posted same thing but with men, bet someone would say ah ffs spoiler that shit. If I showed my pic to other half he tell me gtfo.

just mad the way with women to men its more acceptably if ya get me
    You do have a point.

I doubt there's a straight guy in the world that doesn't find the image of two girls kissing pleasing to the eye, whereas most would have the opposite reaction to two guys kissing.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Chanel was out the other night and told me the next day that two fellas were shifting on the dance floor and everyone was laughing, disgusting she said. I pulled her up and said why so disgusting ffs , they are no different to a girl and a fella doing the same , ah she says I know what you are saying and one of my friends is gay but its just so wrong in public. surely to God in 2013 it should be some way acceptable
      depends on the context of the use of the word 'disgusting'.

Two ugly people shifting on the dance floor could be considered disgusting regardless of gender. I guess some people find any form of PDA disgusting, although in a night club in Ireland at 2am, those people are few and far between tbf.

If it's a general rule of 'two males/two females shifting is disgusting, but a male and a female shifting isn't disgusting', then yes that's not acceptable.
      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Chanel was out the other night and told me the next day that two fellas were shifting on the dance floor and everyone was laughing, disgusting she said. I pulled her up and said why so disgusting ffs , they are no different to a girl and a fella doing the same , ah she says I know what you are saying and one of my friends is gay but its just so wrong in public. surely to God in 2013 it should be some way acceptable
        That's depressing tbh.

I had hoped the next generation would be more enlightened.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

As prop bets go, that's a really crappy one.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
            You do have a point.

I doubt there's a straight guy in the world that doesn't find the image of two girls kissing pleasing to the eye, whereas most would have the opposite reaction to two guys kissing.
            humans are weird lol 2 women kissing wouldnt turn me on and neither would 2 men kissing, yet men inc my other half love that shit. just wonder why that is. its such a taboo to see 2 men doing that and I am sure some chaps have even been beaten up over it but yet two women its like wow unreal. wonder will the world ever change their views. or is it just human make up
            Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

Columbo is quite something. Only on episode 5, and Leslie Nielsen makes an appearance.
              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

If you're offended/disgusted by two men kissing in 2013, you're a cunt.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                  Any other options? If you have a digital radio does that only get Irish stations or does it get UK ones?
                  You can put up a rooftop aerial to get FM reception from the north but you won't get DAB

InTune Radio for android will stream over 3G anywhere in the city and on most roads with only a few blank spots but they can still be a bit fustrating. I use it a good lot and I don't think I've ever used more than a couple of hundred Mb.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                    depends on the context of the use of the word 'disgusting'.

Two ugly people shifting on the dance floor could be considered disgusting regardless of gender. I guess some people find any form of PDA disgusting, although in a night club in Ireland at 2am, those people are few and far between tbf.

If it's a general rule of 'two males/two females shifting is disgusting, but a male and a female shifting isn't disgusting', then yes that's not acceptable.
                    it was like a giggly disgusting, maybe because it doesnt happen very often then when it does its like wtf and they giggle out of ignorance and embarrassment, small hick town and all that, dunno its weird , I was shocked at her tbh as I talk about that stuff all the time and I have several gay friends ( male) and she would have met them. I deffo reckon it must have been her first time to see it and she was surprised and maybe took on reaction of friends that were there
                    Her sky-ness
                    © 5starpool

Comment

so would you feel the same if it was this way? fair play boys

ah ffs spoiler that shit

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                        If you're offended/disgusted by two men kissing in 2013, you're a cunt.

Hope this helps.
                        Depends if they are good looking surely?

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                          Jesus, I was that drunk on Saturday I had forgotten that I actually sent a moany message to Avonmore about their supply of chocolate milk

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          if you don't get some free product out of this, there is something very wrong with the world.
                          Just for some closure, I thought that I should report the receipt of an €8 voucher from Glanbia. A bit meh about that.

However, as per my suggestion, they actually have doubled the shelf space for chocolate milk. They also have a twofer €2.50 promotion, it's normally €1.59 each. Glass half full, and all that...

Comment

Just for some closure, I thought that I should report the receipt of an €8 voucher from Glanbia. A bit meh about that.

However, as per my suggestion, they actually have doubled the shelf space for chocolate milk. They also have a twofer €2.50 promotion, it's normally €1.59 each. Glass half full, and all that...
                            good stuff

you should do this the next time you are in

SPOILER
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                              Considering a 5/7 day trip to Lebanon in Oct.

Most advice seems to be stay close to Beirut (which suits us as i'd image there's enough interesting stuff to do there), avoid Tripoli and the border with Syria.

Anyone got any experience? Pointers? DIY or is package safer?

Thanks in advance.
                              Was there for work a couple of years ago and a lad I know goes there regularly with his Lebanese wife.
                              I was only in Beirut and had one visit to a fantastic restaurant in the hills behind the city, I'll get you the name while it was probably Beirut's version of Johnny Foxes the food was superb.
                              The city is very cosmopolitan with a great corniche along the seafront And even though it is going through a boom there were some great deals to be got on top class hotels like the Phoneticia.
                              In winter you can have good skiing in the morning and swimming in the Med in the afternoon
                              Its a place I'd really like to visit for a holiday.

Comment

Is there anywhere online i can watch the Conor McGregor fight from last night

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                  Ah you are 'been' pedantic!

Can I receive stations from outside Ireland on my DAB receiver?

No. Unlike satellite radio or Internet radio, DAB digital radio is land based and only operates within its transmission range. UK services, including the BBC will not be available on DAB digital radio set here in Ireland as there is no capacity or regulatory framework to facilitate them and vice versa for Irish stations in the UK
                                  Can I take my DAB digital radio abroad and still listen to the same stations?

No. DAB digital radio is a terrestrial technology using land-based transmitters. You can only listen to stations when you are within their transmission range. Some English language radio stations are available via satellite radio. For more information visit www.astra.lu.
                                  If I take my DAB digital radio abroad, will I be able to pick up foreign DAB services?

Yes. In Ireland, DAB services are broadcast on a band of spectrum called Band III. Many European countries also use Band III
                                  Is there a quality difference between DAB and just using internet radio? Never use the radio function on my squeezebox but have access to every station in da wurld.

Comment

Dylan McGrath is a dick.

Comment

If Charley Hull and Anna Nordqwist feel the only way to celebrate winning the Solheim Cup is with a bit of a snog session on the 18th then I for one won't object.
                                      Also happy enough for them to get their tits out if push comes to shove.

Comment

humans are weird lol 2 women kissing wouldnt turn me on and neither would 2 men kissing, yet men inc my other half love that shit. just wonder why that is. its such a taboo to see 2 men doing that and I am sure some chaps have even been beaten up over it but yet two women its like wow unreal. wonder will the world ever change their views. or is it just human make up
                                        It'll take a few generations for perceptions around this to change imo. I've know some people who are just outright bigots. The worst thing is that they're openly bigoted and they're able to be without people pulling them up on the issue. I could recite anecdotal evidence of this bigotry against people I know but it'd probably piss me off too much so I'll refrain from going down that route

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                          Is there anywhere online i can watch the Conor McGregor fight from last night
                                          Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                            Is there a quality difference between DAB and just using internet radio? Never use the radio function on my squeezebox but have access to every station in da wurld.

Dunno, TuneIn app is 32kbps, no idea what dab is.
                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Connor mcgregor comment after the fight yesterday

Watch the UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs Sonnen post-fight press conference live following the event.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxy View Post
                                                It'll take a few generations for perceptions around this to change imo.
                                                You'd be surprised how much people can change over a lifetime. My aged p's used to be the most Kat Lick peeps on the planet. Now, my 79 year old Dad will still go to mass on a Sunday, even though he doesn't believe in any of it. It's probably his equivalent of facebook/twitter.

He told me about ripping into some pro-lifer type at the gates. Telling them the 4k women who go to the UK for abortions, should be facilitated here. Would have loved to see it

Comment

You'd be surprised how much people can change over a lifetime. My aged p's used to be the most Kat Lick peeps on the planet. Now, my 79 year old Dad will still go to mass on a Sunday, even though he doesn't believe in any of it. It's probably his equivalent of facebook/twitter.

He told me about ripping into some pro-lifer type at the gates. Telling them the 4k women who go to the UK for abortions, should be facilitated here. Would have loved to see it
                                                  Should probably have clarified that what I meant by change was a complete shift in thinking to where the weird thing to be would be saying "spoiler that shit" etc. Obviously, we've come a seriously long way in recent times and we'll always be making progress as a society, however slow it may seem!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                    I Never use the radio function on my squeezebox but have access to every station in da wurld.
                                                    I know it has been discontinued but how does Squeezebox work in respect of playing radio stations? Can it be controlled which station to play by the hardware box itself as long as it is connected to the wifi?

What do people do now that Sqeezebox is discontinued? Do old ones still work or can people use similar tech to do the same?

This is all for my mother who wishes to be able to listen to UK stations without carrying a laptop around her house.

Also on the male kissing disgust thing. I am fine with male homosexuality, I don' think they should be burnt or anything, but I would have a disgust reaction to a high % of guys kissing. Not svelte, twinks with the bodies of pre-teen Swedish boys, but others. Bears for example. *shudder* I'm not morally against them doing it, but I'm sharing my non-chosen, pretty physiological reaction.

I don't care how liberal you are / are trying to be about sexuality, if you're a guy and watching big hairy bears getting it on doesn't send a shiver down your spine then you're gay. If you don't know what I mean by bears then look it up.

Here's an example (and also possibly the reason someone was banned from blogging certain events):
                                                    [NSFW="..."][/NSFW]
                                                    Last edited by hotspur; 18-08-13, 22:18.

Comment

Just saw this thread on 2+2 http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...g-bet-1361448/

Guy has to live in a bathtub for 6 days. Gets 5 PBnJ sandwiches and water supplied, no electronics, books allowed. Cannot leave tub for 6 days, incl no bathroom breaks.

Only read the first few pages of the thread but sounds way harder to me than people are saying.

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                      So you will do it?

We will let you decide on if you want water in it or not.
                                                      I have no idea what PBnJ Sandwiches are like, but if that is all you are eating and drinking water you probably won't be crapping much, then when your piss you can let that down the drain, and turn on the hot water if your cold.

Do you have clothes on in the challenge?

I assume the boredom part is what people are saying would get to him, but it's only 6 days - the girls in Peru would probably be in worse conditions.

Comment

I'm actually too scared to google bears

Comment

This is all for my mother who wishes to be able to listen to UK stations without carrying a laptop around her house.
                                                          In some ways a Roberts Internet radio like this one might look ideal, and it could work out well, you can set up a few presets etc and it does also have FM and DAB for the local stations but the interface is terrible and I am sure a cheap tablet dedicated to the job and some bluetooth speakers will be in the long run easier to use.

Comment

Meh

I remember walking out of War at Andrews lane theatre one night and 2 fully grown men were feverishly pulling the cock off each other in the middle of the street, with about 100+ people standing around having a smoke like it was nothing.

Liberal times we live in.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                              Meh

I remember walking out of War at Andrews lane theatre one night and 2 fully grown men were feverishly pulling the cock off each other in the middle of the street, with about 100+ people standing around having a smoke like it was nothing.

Liberal times we live in.
                                                              Pics or ....

Comment

I know it has been discontinued but how does Squeezebox work in respect of playing radio stations? Can it be controlled which station to play by the hardware box itself as long as it is connected to the wifi?

What do people do now that Sqeezebox is discontinued? Do old ones still work or can people use similar tech to do the same?

They're brought out a new radio which is basically the same hardware as one of the squeezebox models with more user friendly software albeit with reduced features.

Yeah you can control it with the the wheel on the front of the unit itself and there's six buttons for presets.

I'd imagine though if you're looking for just internet radio there's probably cheaper options.
                                                                Last edited by Denny Crane; 18-08-13, 23:11.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                  If Charley Hull and Anna Nordqwist feel the only way to celebrate winning the Solheim Cup is with a bit of a snog session on the 18th then I for one won't object.
                                                                  Also happy enough for them to get their tits out if push comes to shove.
                                                                  Pushing and shoving should be encouraged, let's call it foreplay.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                    Pics or ....
                                                                    Funny you should say that.

SPOILER
                                                                    What are you doing clicking this? Unless of course you are couriercollie, in which case I'm sorry for the lack of cock.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                      I live in an L shaped two storey house
                                                                      Thinly veiled look at the untypical shape of my house brag.

I'm guessing there's an issue and it's not to do with the L shape.
                                                                      We get it, we get it.

Just saw this thread on 2+2 http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...g-bet-1361448/

Guy has to live in a bathtub for 6 days. Gets 5 PBnJ sandwiches and water supplied, no electronics, books allowed. Cannot leave tub for 6 days, incl no bathroom breaks.

Only read the first few pages of the thread but sounds way harder to me than people are saying.
                                                                      I think it would be incredibly hard, your back would be broken up within hours.
                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Hi BBV. Missed you lots xoxo

Here's a wee time killer...

40 Maps That Will Help You Make Sense of the World
                                                                        It's all an illusion

Comment

Originally posted by Foxy View Post
                                                                          It'll take a few generations for perceptions around this to change imo. I've know some people who are just outright bigots. The worst thing is that they're openly bigoted and they're able to be without people pulling them up on the issue. I could recite anecdotal evidence of this bigotry against people I know but it'd probably piss me off too much so I'll refrain from going down that route
                                                                          I've been thinking about this problem a lot recently. Is it really worth the aggro of calling people on their bullshit if they're not even going to listen anyway? Is it better to keep quiet and be put off by it all the time? I don't know the answer as the experiment's only getting started, but I've been calling people out a lot recently and all the resultant arguments have definitely darkened my mood. People really don't like to be told they're wrong.

e.g. Someone I know was talking on Facebook about how ugly Angela Merkel is, and I just had to ask what that had to do with her ability to run one of the largest economies in the world. Some words were exchanged, I have since been unfriended.

I'm sure there's a good middle ground, but I've definitely decided I have a moral obligation to call bullshit when I see it. The internet has at least taught me how to frame my arguments in a rational manner, without resorting to strawmen, ad homs etc. But you still get people who react like you've punched them in the face when you tell them they're being racist/sexist/whateverist.

Again, not entirely sure on the results but right now I'm leaning towards being better off not being friends with those kinds of people. To be continued, I guess.
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Anyone have a decent link to the new breaking bad?
                                                                            "Think of what your opponent wants you to do, and then do the opposite"

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                              I've been thinking about this problem a lot recently. Is it really worth the aggro of calling people on their bullshit if they're not even going to listen anyway? Is it better to keep quiet and be put off by it all the time? I don't know the answer as the experiment's only getting started, but I've been calling people out a lot recently and all the resultant arguments have definitely darkened my mood. People really don't like to be told they're wrong.

e.g. Someone I know was talking on Facebook about how ugly Angela Merkel is, and I just had to ask what that had to do with her ability to run one of the largest economies in the world. Some words were exchanged, I have since been unfriended.

I'm sure there's a good middle ground, but I've definitely decided I have a moral obligation to call bullshit when I see it. The internet has at least taught me how to frame my arguments in a rational manner, without resorting to strawmen, ad homs etc. But you still get people who react like you've punched them in the face when you tell them they're being racist/sexist/whateverist.

Again, not entirely sure on the results but right now I'm leaning towards being better off not being friends with those kinds of people. To be continued, I guess.
                                                                              If people are eejits they're generally going to continue being eejits no matter what. It's what they do best. I don't know why you'd waste your time on them. I just ignore them and go back to my eejit free life.
                                                                              It's all an illusion

Comment

Originally posted by 72over View Post
                                                                                Hi BBV. Missed you lots xoxo

Here's a wee time killer...

40 Maps That Will Help You Make Sense of the World
                                                                                That's fantastic, makes 'Merica look especially well
                                                                                • one of eight countries with no paid maternity leave (wtf?)
                                                                                • one of only 3 countries in the world that doesn't use metrics
                                                                                • a country where football coaches are the highest paid public sector employee in almost every state
                                                                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                  Finkel I hope you're not trying to suggest that Rooney is happy at United?
                                                                                  LOL at listening to Finkle
                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Can some of ye lads come up with a proper prop bet with good odds please, all this stuff seems piss easy. 5:1 to stay in a bathtub for 5 days, pffffft!
                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

That girl snapped at Slane in the urinals with your man must be in an awful way this morning.

You'd feel awful for her, she looked pretty young. Needs to hold fast for the next few days and the interney machine will find something else to talk about.
                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                        LOL at listening to Finkle
                                                                                        I quite like Finkel.
                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Never slept a wink last night and to top it off I was having weird dreams about ghostface lol
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

That girl snapped at Slane in the urinals with your man must be in an awful way this morning. .

Deetz?
                                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                              Deetz?
                                                                                              Its all over the place but warts and all pic of some young one blowing a young lad in the jacks at Slane.

Comment

Got Mellors snake trophy now, probably should of spent the time learning Spanish or something, never again.

Comment

Its all over the place but warts and all pic of some young one blowing a young lad in the jacks at Slane.
                                                                                                  It's 2 pictures of same girl with a different guy in each pic.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                                    Did both of them have warts?

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                                      Haven't seen the second pic, but jesus, she must have been wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                        In some ways a Roberts Internet radio like this one might look ideal, and it could work out well, you can set up a few presets etc and it does also have FM and DAB for the local stations but the interface is terrible and I am sure a cheap tablet dedicated to the job and some bluetooth speakers will be in the long run easier to use.
                                                                                                        Don't get a Roberts, mine is useless - can't connect to wifi half the time and when it does, it will continually drop the signal.
                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Didn't see either of the pics, but these things pop up after every festival and they are usually a couple of years old from somewhere else, but it wouldn't surprise me at Slane! All i'm seeing on FB from Slane, is some guy with no top on bouncing around off his head looking to fight anyone while one of his mates rolls around on the ground with some other guy

Edit - And just like that, the pic shows it's face!
                                                                                                          Last edited by Flushdraw; 19-08-13, 07:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                            Didn't see either of the pics, but these things pop up after every festival and they are usually a couple of years old from somewhere else, but it wouldn't surprise me at Slane! All i'm seeing on FB from Slane, is some guy with no top on bouncing around off his head looking to fight anyone while one of his mates rolls around on the ground with some other guy
                                                                                                            Just go on to twitter and search #slanegirl, you know you want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                                                                                                              Just go on to twitter and search #slanegirl, you know you want to.
                                                                                                              Is she not suppose to be under 17?

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                                Where did you get that from?

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                                  Don't think it's a legal requirement for blowjobs at Slane tbh

Comment

Sitting outside the ballsbridge hotel like a boss
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

...
                                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

We should be shaming the idiot who was done for drink driving instead of those two in the picture.
                                                                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                          hmm there's still WWE betting available from some bookies?

http://deadspin.com/a-redditor-has-b...we-r-787445495
                                                                                                                          Can't you occasionally bet on some TV finals/plots too?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X