X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

star streams down for anyone? ffs ryder cup is starting

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
      Perhaps the video could be slightly improved if she was Japanese and was kind of being forced to hula hoop? Just thinking out loud here.
      I like you again, last chance. Don't fuck it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        I'm not

good as in tastes of olives , has flavour, looks more green than yellow in colour as opposed to the watery shit you are recommending.
        coconut oil is solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
          I assume if a couple of us wanted to split the cost it's pretty easy to pull a kindle file off the device and send it on. Any interest?
          Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
          Definitely. Will we leave it 30 mins to see if anyone else wants in, but otherwise get it between us?

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
            ill prob set 230 aside and play the ipo.
            500 into stars.fr -> get welcome bonus -> withdraw 230 for IPO -> Play 3s, 5s and 10s there -> Profit!
            Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

reckon local lad is 'THE STIG' ?

Headlines, breaking news, family announcements, jobs and more from County Fermanagh and Enniskillen, by The Impartial Reporter, Northern Ireland.

Comment

Yes, the Mosconi cup of golf has finally begun!

Comment

Trying to get onto stars.fr myself. Need to fax them a bank statement though cos I can't take a clear photo of it. When I get that sorted, think I'll give up on the black hole that is normal stars for the time being. Cannot win on that site and playing really shit on it lately too.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                    Great music, hot girl in yoga pants hula hooping, yep thats a good video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NFWgG4_6NI
                    Thanks for making Friday bearable.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                      I like you again, last chance. Don't fuck it up.
                      You stopped liking me? Hurtful.
                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

lol at this from the 6 max, thats how you play the Aces. Dannys updates here http://www.d4live.blogspot.ie/

Well that only took about 5 minutes for our first player to be eliminated Hugo Forest was the victim he will now receive entry into tomorrows €300 side event.

Thought it might of been something totally gruesome but no it was KK vs AA got the details relayed to me from JP there was a raise on table 67 to 150 call/call player with KK makes it 475 one player steps out of the way and the AA goes all in for 20,000. All in was called

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                          dont go crazy on the fruit and get extra virgin olive oil or apparently coconut oil for cooking with. Dont bother with that fry cal stuff its a load of shite!
                          This is all wrong for SW BK. A%T the end of the day she is falling the SW plan and she should eat as much fruit as she wants. We use frylite for cooking there as you have to syn butters and oils.

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                          talking of real butter, I am a butter addict as in teeth marks on the toast job! What is the best substitute ? is Flora light good?
                          I now have toast with scrambled egg and bacon for breakfast. Don't use any butter at all. I love my butter as well and have got used to living without it. I prefer to keep my syns for other things.

ok sold on the coconut oil but can I pick it up in Tesco? or is it only in some fancy shop at a huge price?
                          Please don't go buying coconut oil unless you know the syn value. Get the frylite.

Comment

Red Pandas are weird looking!

Comment

Slimming World is the Nutrition equivalent of 'Early Doors' poker.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                Slimming World is the Nutrition equivalent of 'Early Doors' poker.
                                Have no idea what you mean. But it works. I am sure a few can admit to that.

Comment

If you play the first video and mute the second its even more awesome!

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                  With the risk of sounding gay thats a great song too.
                                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gX1EP6mG-E

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                  Great music, hot girl in yoga pants hula hooping, yep thats a good video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NFWgG4_6NI

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                    Have no idea what you mean. But it works. I am sure a few can admit to that.
                                    In that it has worked for some people, but that certainly doesn't make it correct.

It's not the nutritional side of things that Slimming World 'fixes' though.

Comment

lol, too true this whole post. Am just viewing the pension as extra tax really. Fairly certain that I read that the younger generation of PS workers like myself are over-contributing towards our eventual entitlements, but not sure how true that is. Wish they had the UK system where there was a properly funded university pension scheme separated from the general tax system. We contributed 6.5% and uni topped it up by another 14.5%, meaning a massive 21% of pay going into a ringfenced pension pot each year. System here is just woeful. I'd definitely opt out in favour of a private fund if allowed.
                                      In theory higher paid PS employees and especially those with a greater salary inflation expectation will do very well even at the higher contribution rates but it's all predicated on getting paid at the end which makes any actuarial type calculation academic.

Actually all of the Unis had legally separate and funded pension pots until only a few years ago. Then the govt needed cash and nobody would lend them cash at a rate they were prepared to pay, so they promised the Unis that they'd look after those pesky liabilities in the future and they shouldn't worry their pretty little heads about it, and in exchange the Unis shipped the assets of the various pension plans to the State. True story.

Watch the govt try to do the same now to the private sector pension plans using a little device called sovereign annuities and the DB funding standard and regulation. Soon they'll just be naked grabbing pension cash (by means of the pension levy) but until then the charade of respectability continues in various ways....
                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I think the guys should not advise Michelle on what she should and shouldn't eat on her diet unless they know about the diet. She has just started and all you are doing is confusing her. I have asked at the SW group aboout the coconut oil. But I can not imagine for a second that she should be using it instead of the frylite oils.

It is not a diet, it is a lifestyle change and I am sure Tony will 100% agree with me on the benefits of it. We both did the caveman for about a year with not fantastic results. All it did was give me bad liver function results. I would not go back to that again as I feel in my opinion eating fresh fruit and veg. Lean meats and rice are better for me in the long run.

Comment

In that it has worked for some people, but that certainly doesn't make it correct.

It's not the nutritional side of things that Slimming World 'fixes' though.
                                          I do not agree with you but everyone will have their own opinion.

Comment

I think the guys should not advise Michelle on what she should and shouldn't eat on her diet unless they know about the diet. She has just started and all you are doing is confusing her. I have asked at the SW group aboout the coconut oil. But I can not imagine for a second that she should be using it instead of the frylite oils.

It is not a diet, it is a lifestyle change and I am sure Tony will 100% agree with me on the benefits of it. We both did the caveman for about a year with not fantastic results. All it did was give me bad liver function results. I would not go back to that again as I feel in my opinion eating fresh fruit and veg. Lean meats and rice are better for me in the long run.
                                            What is a caveman diet if you now eat fruit veg and meats? That sounds like a caveman diet.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                              star streams down for anyone? ffs ryder cup is starting
                                              anyone???

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                Red Pandas are weird looking!
                                                Best thing in the zoo, gas little yokes

Comment

Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

What is a caveman diet if you now eat fruit veg and meats? That sounds like a caveman diet.
                                                    I have bread, pasta, rice, fruits, veg, yogurt, chocolate, crisps. I eat chips and basically everything you can think of. I just don't restrict myself to proteins like I did. I stated lean meat as that is what SW suggest.

When I was on the protein diet I was not allowed fruit. I hated that. I missed my pasta and bought low carb alternatives. I eat carbs now

Comment

Rory's chip unbelievable.
                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

On the part about several people advising MSN on what and what not to do, i agree that mixed messages will cause more harm than good. Only someone who has done the sw diet should advise her.

It is not a diet, it is a lifestyle change.
                                                        I dont agree with this bit.

Comment

I have bread, pasta, rice, fruits, veg, yogurt, chocolate, crisps. I eat chips and basically everything you can think of. I just don't restrict myself to proteins like I did. I stated lean meat as that is what SW suggest.

When I was on the protein diet I was not allowed fruit. I hated that. I missed my pasta and bought low carb alternatives. I eat carbs now
                                                          So what you were on sounds nothing like a caveman diet. They ate fruit veg meats nuts seeds etc..

So you cut out butter but you eat crisps? That doesn't make much sense at all

Comment

So what you were on sounds nothing like a caveman diet. They ate fruit veg meats nuts seeds etc..

So you cut out butter but you eat crisps? That doesn't make much sense at all
                                                            If you knew the diet you would know why. You have 15 syns per day. I use mine on a curly wurly bar and a packet of velvet crunch. Thats 10 syns and the rest gets either used up with cooking or I don't bother. You are meant to have at least 5 syns per day.

I don't eat nuts or seeds.

Comment

Could just eat real food instead of junk and it really is that simple.

Comment

On the part about several people advising MSN on what and what not to do, i agree that mixed messages will cause more harm than good. Only someone who has done the sw diet should advise her.

I dont agree with this bit.
                                                                I could never go back to eating crap all the time. I feel I was educated as to where I was going wrong. Instead of using full fat cream in my carbonnara I use fat free yogurt etc. That is why they say it is a lifestyle change as you are more aware of these sort of things.

Comment

Definitely. Will we leave it 30 mins to see if anyone else wants in, but otherwise get it between us?
                                                                  I've got Calibre set up to de-DRM the file now, I'll go ahead and buy the book, you can send me on the cash after I send you on the file assuming it works.

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.
                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Anyway on a different note. I have been smoking 25 years approx having never tried once to give them up! I have just washed the ashtray and put it away and am now on the Electronic fag! good luck me and god help everyone around me

If I can do this anybody deffo can as I love my smoke ( 40 a day) Not going to say I can as I honestly dont know! HAve a party on sat night so it will be interesting!

Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Could just eat real food instead of junk and it really is that simple.
                                                                        I make all my meals from scratch. It would be easy to open a jar of sauce. But that will make me well over my syns and therefore gain weight. I make curry sauce, pasta sauce all with stock and spices or passata. That to me is REAL food. throwing a ready ,made lasagne or opening a jar is not. I make my own soups as well.

To me now, jars are as bad as junk food as they are over processed and full of sugar.

Comment

I don't eat nuts or seeds.
                                                                          Well you should

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

I make all my meals from scratch. It would be easy to open a jar of sauce. But that will make me well over my syns and therefore gain weight. I make curry sauce, pasta sauce all with stock and spices or passata. That to me is REAL food. throwing a ready ,made lasagne or opening a jar is not. I make my own soups as well.

To me now, jars are as bad as junk food as they are over processed and full of sugar.
                                                                            Finally something sensible.

Cut out all processed food and you can eat pretty much whatever you want all the time no matter what any diet tells you.

Comment

Flying from Dubling to Heathrow to catch a connecting flight with a different airline - how much of a layover should I am for to be on the safe side?

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                Flying from Dubling to Heathrow to catch a connecting flight with a different airline - how much of a layover should I am for to be on the safe side?
                                                                                Heathrow is sweet. Depends on what Terminal though. 90 mins?
                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post

Cut out all processed food and you can eat pretty much whatever you want all the time no matter what any diet tells you.
                                                                                  Just note that pasta is pretty highly processed.

Comment

anyone???
                                                                                    Originally posted by Loopz View Post

www.mypremium.tv for the golf link
                                                                                    I'm watching here anyway

Comment

MrsFlushdraw stick up a nice soup recipe if you have a chance please.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post

Totally. It takes time but it is all worth it. I even make my own chicken kiev's with the yogurt. They taste so nice.

We don't have pasta very often, but will the odd time. I love rice though. I made my own pasta years ago. You need somewhere to dry it out lol. The kitchen was a mess. Fresh pasta is lovely and takes 3 mins to cook.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                          I'm not a huge soup fan, but the butternut squash and sweet potato soup that she made was pretty special

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                            Heathrow is sweet. Depends on what Terminal though. 90 mins?
                                                                                            Not sure on Terminals. Looking to go to Hong Kong and I believe Virgin is going to be best but it involves multiple airlines and is more hassle than going with Emirates, Air France, British Airways or Lufthansa.

Any of the others decent? I believe Air France are horrific.

Comment

Anyway on a different note. I have been smoking 25 years approx having never tried once to give them up! I have just washed the ashtray and put it away and am now on the Electronic fag! good luck me and god help everyone around me

If I can do this anybody deffo can as I love my smoke ( 40 a day) Not going to say I can as I honestly dont know! HAve a party on sat night so it will be interesting!

Where ya get that and how much did it cost, michelle? Might be handy for the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                Do you like butternut squash and sweet potato? done that just before the wedding. It's lovely. Has a india taste to it. Really nice.

LOL saw Tony mentioned it!

Comment

Day 2 of Android .25c sale
                                                                                                  Fifa 12 for .25c
                                                                                                  yes please
                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

photo upload

Here for the day!!

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                                      Not sure on Terminals. Looking to go to Hong Kong and I believe Virgin is going to be best but it involves multiple airlines and is more hassle than going with Emirates, Air France, British Airways or Lufthansa.

Any of the others decent? I believe Air France are horrific.
                                                                                                      Emirates and BA are pretty sweet from memory. Dunno about the other two.

Depending on the times of your flight but and 'non busy' times and you'll get from any terminal to another in 30 mins max. Less sometimes.

Hong Kong Airport is the nuts btw.

Comment

Do you like butternut squash and sweet potato? done that just before the wedding. It's lovely. Has a india taste to it. Really nice.

LOL saw Tony mentioned it!
                                                                                                        I do indeed, that sounds like the job. Altho the last time I roasted butternut squash I destroyed it somehow.

Comment

The ignorant 'I'm right and everyone else including 90% of the medical profession is wrong' of the Atkins zealots is infuriatingly patronising and leads me to assume that they are as wrong as every other bible thumper in this field has been.
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

1 tablespoon olive oil or (15 sprays of frylight for SW)
                                                                                                            1 medium onion - peeled and diced
                                                                                                            2 cloves garlic - peeled and crushed (or 2 teaspoon of lazy garlic)
                                                                                                            1 teaspoon ground cumin
                                                                                                            1 teaspoon of tumeric (gives a great colour)
                                                                                                            1bag of sweet potato peeled and diced (they usually in smallish bags)
                                                                                                            1 butternut squash - peeled and diced
                                                                                                            Seasoning (salt & pepper just)
                                                                                                            1 litre (1 3/4 pints) vegetable stock
                                                                                                            2 x 2 teaspoons chopped fresh coriander

(I doubled all the amounts of spices etc..)

Heat oil in a large saucepan, add onion and garlic, cook until soft,

Add ground cumin and tumeric and cook a further minute.

Add sweet potato and butternut squash, stir and cook for two minutes.

Add seasoning and stock, bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked.

Blend or process vegetable mixture until smooth, stir in the fresh coriander, dilute with water if necessary. It is nicer thicker though

Comment

My girlfriend and her best friend go to slimming world every Tuesday. Id say they have been there for about 6 months. When they first started going I read every piece of literature they brough home - had a good lol at it too but its not as bad as some of the stuff thats out there to be fair. Anyway after about a month of following the programme religiously the initial water weight had been lost and they both stopped seeing any progress. I pointed out ways to improve what they were doing but the best friend wouldnt listen she was sticking to the programme and thats it.

6 months down the line and the friend is still a size 14 and wondering why she cant lose weight. I guess its as pointless trying to tell her as anyone else here that her "syns" are causing insulin spikes which make the body hold onto weight. She's also getting narky becuase the GF has gone from a size 10 to a size 8 and is in the best shape of her life (which is great for me because she has the added hotness of being really toned). The only difference between the 2 is that my GF listened when I showed her scientific proof that there was better ways to do stuff.

But you know lol at that science stuff it will never catch on

Comment

The boys at Zurich ETH continue to develop thier impressive robotics work with quadcopters.

This video was produced by the Institute for Dynamic Systems and Control (IDSC) at ETH Zurich, Switzerland - http://www.idsc.ethz.ch. It shows three quadroco...
                                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                                                                  Where ya get that and how much did it cost, michelle? Might be handy for the winter.
                                                                                                                  I went to the shop in Athy. Cost 65 euro and with that you get 2 cigarettes with a 30ml bottle of Menthol liquid. Think that bottle will last maybe 2 weeks and they are 11 quid to replace. when I first tried it , it cut the throat out of me but I pulled to hard lol absolutely love the amount of smoke/vapour that comes out it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=HL...ailpage#t=347s
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

The ignorant 'I'm right and everyone else including 90% of the medical profession is wrong' of the Atkins zealots is infuriatingly patronising and leads me to assume that they are as wrong as every other bible thumper in this field has been.
                                                                                                                    I dont see any Atkins zealots here tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post

6 months down the line and the friend is still a size 14 and wondering why she cant lose weight. I guess its as pointless trying to tell her as anyone else here that her "syns" are causing insulin spikes which make the body hold onto weight. She's also getting narky becuase the GF has gone from a size 10 to a size 8 and is in the best shape of her life (which is great for me because she has the added hotness of being really toned). The only difference between the 2 is that my GF listened when I showed her scientific proof that there was better ways to do stuff.
                                                                                                                      So what did you tell her different? I dropped 35lbs sticking to it...

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                        I dont see any Atkins zealots here tbf.
                                                                                                                        There's loads on them on google plus apparently.

Comment

You are a fan of organic food? You've explained previously how different chicken tastes etc?

So you recognise that food production has damaged the quality of the foods compared to what was available as standard when people weren't obese?

Yet, when people advise basing your diet on foods that don't get processed, don't get adulterated, don't have e-numbers etc, they're being zealots?

All people have ever been advised to do has been to cut junk out of the normal lifestyle. The definition of 'junk' is all that ever changes.

fwiw, the atkins analogy is a bit off, most of us are simply anti-sugar. As dentists have been for years, as doctors have too. People just don't notice how much fucking sugar they do eat anymore. Because food producers have become scientists and introduced sweetners that aren't quite sugar, but are 'sugar0001' etc etc.

Eat whole foods that you could potentially grow in your garden if you had time, eat animals that you could have reared, fish you could have caught. You'll do just fine with that, as have the billions before the food industry erupted in 1960s.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X