X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    I very much doubt that will happen.

Hmmmm. I smell a stink...maybe a bot or something like that, though if it was they would surely be sensible enough to cash out and disappear.
    Something in this picture does not fit.
    Wouldn't they have appeared in that list above too?
    Originally posted by bohsman View Post
    Would need to go back over 24 hours in the search.
    I checked his results going back to the end of last month and he hasn't played any other FPP MTT sats. Can't seem to see much on his sng sats either but the new Sharkscope is more difficult to look around that the old one. I'd imagine he may have moved up through the FPP sats, and you must play any games you qualify for if you go that route as you can't unreg.

Comment

True, those sats run for months before the event though. His account would have come up for review regularly including after the win so doubt there's anything majorly out of line going on. The only thing I find a bit strange is that he didn't take the $T rather than play the event.
      Mentioned above that you can't unreg for t$ in the majority of FPP MTT sats. Same would apply if the main event was already started by the time the sat finished (but that wasn't the case here by the looks of it)

Comment

In other news the husband is a major drifter in the Oz murder / missing persons case, 7/4 from 4/6.
        $40 says he didn't do it @7/4

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

In the sats he played leading up to the main one, he technically just won fpps, which don't show up on tracking sites. The main sat finished up after the tournament started, so he couldn't unreg. Dunno why anyone thinks it's dodgy..

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
            The next few months in Spain are going to be fascinating, in a kind of morbid way.

The 'riots' last night were not riots, they were the riot police using excessive force against a peaceful (if boisterous) crowd of thousands, with the justification of a few kids throwing some beer cans at them. If the RUC had been so quick to use rubber bullets back in the day (and I know they did indeed use them a lot) I dread to think what the casualty toll would have got to in Northern Ireland.

Back in April police in Bilbao killed a football fan with a rubber bullet. By all accounts, it was a minor incident that did not require such a response, but as has been the case recently the police waded in on the attack. Because he was Basque and a football fan, the Spanish press didn't give it the coverage it warranted, and I'm fairly certain no policeman was ever held to account.

I think it's only a matter of time until someone is killed at one of these demonstrations in Madrid, and when that happens I think shit will really start to kick-off. This imminent civil unrest is part one of Spain's troika of shitstorm, something that may not be a problem for the north-east of the country because...

Catalonia seems to be awarding itself a right to self-determination. Since a million people attended a pro-independence movement a couple of weeks ago, the Catalan regional government have put in motion steps for a referendum. The president of Catalonia is not from a pro-independence party, and I think a lot of the current rhetoric is an attempt to strengthen their position at the negotiating table with the central government.

However, I get the impression that the movement has outgrown this and we appear to be heading towards a referendum. The Catalan elections in November will be a strong indicator, but right now staying in Spain does not look like such an attractive option, leaving aside the traditional clamour for independence that has existed for so long. If the minor issue of EU membership and the major issue of what league Barca would play in were clarified, then a referendum could pass. Of course the Spanish constitution makes such a referendum illegal, let alone the enforcing of a positive result. Here we have the second part of Spain's troika of shite, the richest part of the country appears to have found the exit and is in the process of picking the lock.

Part 3 is nothing too serious, just the issue of 25% unemployment (50% amongst young people) and the general awful state of the economy.

I'm going to have the popcorn out, but I'm also going to have a Ryanair tab open in case I need to hastily get off the sinking ship (only to be denied by one of those fucking captchas that O'Leary has been trolling us with).
            good post carl

there was a fun quote from one of Rajoy's henchmen in de paper yesterday, along the lines of "we don't execute people for their views in this country any more" with the clearly implied addendum of "more's the pity"

democracy is pretty skin-deep in Spain, Portugal and Greece (probably Italy too if we are to be honest), potential for events
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
              [ ] understands odds

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                In the sats he played leading up to the main one, he technically just won fpps, which don't show up on tracking sites. The main sat finished up after the tournament started, so he couldn't unreg. Dunno why anyone thinks it's dodgy..
                I hope he was 3 and 4x opening like a boss on the ft

Comment

Actually, would anyone like to give me odds on a military coup (either successful or unsuccessful, the attempt is the thing) in any of the PIIGS countries before the end of 2013?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    good post carl

there was a fun quote from one of Rajoy's henchmen in de paper yesterday, along the lines of "we don't execute people for their views in this country any more" with the clearly implied addendum of "more's the pity"

democracy is pretty skin-deep in Spain, Portugal and Greece (probably Italy too if we are to be honest), potential for events
                    And:

"Independence for Catalonia? Over my dead body. Spain is not Yugoslavia or Belgium. Even if the lion is sleeping, don’t provoke the lion, because he will show the ferocity proven over centuries,"

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                      [ ] understands odds
                      strewel has him down as the nut perpetrator so I think I should win $70 if he is innocent,,,,,,,,,no?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Its the other way around.
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

strewel has him down as the nut perpetrator so I think I should win $70 if he is innocent,,,,,,,,,no?
                          Strewelpeter says he is now a 7/4 shot to have done it, that would make him around a 1/2 shot to be innocent

Comment

Actually, would anyone like to give me odds on a military coup (either successful or unsuccessful, the attempt is the thing) in any of the PIIGS countries before the end of 2013?
                            Please please please let it be here.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                              And:

"Independence for Catalonia? Over my dead body. Spain is not Yugoslavia or Belgium. Even if the lion is sleeping, don’t provoke the lion, because he will show the ferocity proven over centuries,"
                              obviously the Castillian version of Ian Paisley

On a different note, it's a shame this US election is so one-sided, we've been a bit spoilt in recent years I guess. The one I would really like to have been around for was Truman\Dewey.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                That makes sense. Then this has to be the biggest story ever in online poker. He could be worth a fortune to Stars if they were to promote the story.

Comment

Please please please let it be here.
                                  sure the lads are all deaf, how could they possibly co-ordinate a coup?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                    Nice start to the day - although technically my nice start to the day was at 1am this morning when El Raoul Stuntman III stacked off twice to me in the space of 3 hands.
                                    only one of them counted as spew

mbn all the same

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                      Spain had well supported military coups up to 1981, Portugal and Greece were authoritarian regimes up to the mid70s. Italy, well ye know Italy yourselves.

And all these countries are, relatively speaking, heavily armed fuckers. They couldn't win a war but they could strike a good few blows. And plenty of people in these countries aged 40-50 probably look back on their dictatorship days with newfound fondness.

Hopefully the voters of Germany, Finland and Holland have been well educated and realise a few pence more tax to keep the peace is a bargain.
                                      Mentioned this about a year ago.
                                      Looks like the politicians of Germany Finland and Holland have ignored me

Comment

I have no idea what this means, but everyone else was starting to thank the post, so I did too.
                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                          Mentioned this about a year ago.
                                          Looks like the politicians of Germany Finland and Holland have ignored me
                                          any thoughts on where the coup line should be set? I reckon it's easily a 33/1 shot but would have been 500/1 two years ago

Greece is the most obvious candidate by far, they have a huge amount of military gear relative to their size

Comment

obviously the Castillian version of Ian Paisley
                                            Just a Colonel in the army.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                              The bbv should run online technical advice, online medical advice, run the country, be journalists for all the papers, manage all football teams, provide all sports with referees and solve the counties murders.

'Too bad that all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving taxicabs and cutting hair.'

SPOILER
                                              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Hubble Goes to the eXtreme to Assemble Farthest Ever View of the Universe

SEPTEMBER 25, 2012: Like photographers assembling a portfolio of best shots, astronomers have assembled a new, improved portrait of mankind's deepest-ever view of the universe. Called the eXtreme Deep Field, or XDF, the photo was assembled by combining 10 years of NASA Hubble Space Telescope photographs taken of a patch of sky at the center of the original Hubble Ultra Deep Field. The XDF is a small fraction of the angular diameter of the full Moon. The Hubble Ultra Deep Field is an image of a small area of space in the constellation Fornax, created using Hubble Space Telescope data from 2003 and 2004. By collecting faint light over many hours of observation, it revealed thousands of galaxies, both nearby and very distant, making it the deepest image of the universe ever taken at that time. The new full-color XDF image reaches much fainter galaxies and includes very deep exposures in red light from Hubble's new infrared camera, enabling new studies of the earliest galaxies in the universe. The XDF contains about 5,500 galaxies even within its smaller field of view. The faintest galaxies are one ten-billionth the brightness of what the human eye can see.

The public is invited to participate in a "Meet the Hubble eXtreme Deep Field Observing Team" webinar, where three key astronomers of the XDF observing team will describe how they assembled the landmark image and explain what it tells us about the evolving universe. Participants will be able to send in questions for the panel of experts to discuss. The webinar will be broadcast at 1:00 p.m. EDT on Thursday, September 27, 2012. To participate in the webinar, please visit: http://hubblesite.org/go/xdf/
                                                  SPOILER

Comment

SPOILER

Post 34984748 -Poker discussion forum with over 500,000 members and 100 different poker forums. Learn poker strategy & sharpen your poker skills for tournament poker, texas hold 'em, five card draw, omaha hi lo, seven card stud and more plus talk poker TV, and dozens of other topics.

'I wont million'

Comment

any thoughts on where the coup line should be set? I reckon it's easily a 33/1 shot but would have been 500/1 two years ago

Greece is the most obvious candidate by far, they have a huge amount of military gear relative to their size
                                                      Possibly came close last year with the curious actions of defence minister Panos Beglitis
                                                      As Greek politics grew ever more chaotic strong political protests erupted as the government moved to replace military chiefs with officers seen as more supportive of George Papandreou, the prime minister.

He was no longer defence minister a fortnight later.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                                                        I am one lucky guy

and
                                                        Every single one of us should reply to him
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Finding a room to rent is the most annoying and difficult thing to do. Drives me mental
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

ah great, they have decided to change a rake of the rules in hockey

good job I googled it before the first game of the season.

I can be pretty confident I'll be the only person on the pitch who'll be aware of the changes. Cue chaos when I blow my whistle on Saturday.

Comment

Think I'd be a backer of a General in charge in Athens within three years @33/1.

Comment

Think I'd be a backer of a General in charge in Athens within three years @33/1.
                                                                their preference is for Colonels in Athens, must be a Med thing

Colonel Gadaffi

Colonels must fly under the radar a bit yet are high enough up the food chain to command plenty of men

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Finding a room to rent is the most annoying and difficult thing to do. Drives me mental
                                                                    5Starpool, your time to shine!
                                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

good post carl

I think people are becoming less ashamed to refer to Franco as the 'good times.' I know a lot of young people, not the typical dinosaurs who sit in a bar in their suit and bemoan any progress of the last 30 years, who do so as a joke, but when you scratch the surface they are almost being serious.

Pehaps surprisingly, they tend to come from the middle-class and have typical white-collar jobs. Despite their education, they are absolutely unable to be objective on any issue. If I point out that one possible reason for Basque separatism could be the 20,000 killed when Bilbao fell in the Civil War, I'm lambasted for condoning terrorism.

On the other side are the typical disaffected left-wing youth who complain (and justifiably) but present absolutely nothing that is an even viable solution or alternative.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                      And:

What odds will you give me on a civil war provoked by Mourinho calling Puyol a hairy, Catalan cunt?

Comment

ah great, they have decided to change a rake of the rules in hockey

good job I googled it before the first game of the season.

I can be pretty confident I'll be the only person on the pitch who'll be aware of the changes. Cue chaos when I blow my whistle on Saturday.
                                                                        Cliffs?

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                          5Starpool, your time to shine!
                                                                          Elaborate? His area?
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

MunchenHB comes across as a complete cock in those deal discussions.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                              Cliffs?
                                                                              green card is no longer a warning, it's two minutes in the bin (not a problem for me as I tend not to give cards unless a serious criminal offence has been committed). Yellow still five minutes minimum. GAA and soccer could learn a lot from this card system.

there's now a concept of 'own goals' (previously an attacker had to play the ball within the circle in order for a goal to be awarded, whereas now if an attacker smashes the ball into the circle from, say, the halfway line, and some clod of a defender deflects it into his own goal, it's a goal. Previously it would have been just a long corner). This is going to cause conniptions.

You can now put the ball in the air direct from a free hit whereas previously it had to be moving before you played an ariel ball. Not a biggie imo but it will stretch the game even further as the top players can pretty much ariel the ball the length of the pitch.

Players breaking the line on a penalty corner will be sent to the halfway line until the corner is over. Very harsh but it will keep the defending team in check.

why am I telling you all this shit?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                Hey, is there anywhere in town similar to the US Chuck E Cheese idea, where you can bring the kid and they can run around playing and causing chaos? Wife at a bit of a loose end with the dodgy weather and associated antsy kid.
                                                                                loads of 'em

no need to go into town either, there's one in Westwood in Clontarf which would probably suit you being on the DART and all

Comment

green card is no longer a warning, it's two minutes in the bin (not a problem for me as I tend not to give cards unless a serious criminal offence has been committed). Yellow still five minutes minimum. GAA and soccer could learn a lot from this card system.

there's now a concept of 'own goals' (previously an attacker had to play the ball within the circle in order for a goal to be awarded, whereas now if an attacker smashes the ball into the circle from, say, the halfway line, and some clod of a defender deflects it into his own goal, it's a goal. Previously it would have been just a long corner). This is going to cause conniptions.

You can now put the ball in the air direct from a free hit whereas previously it had to be moving before you played an ariel ball. Not a biggie imo but it will stretch the game even further as the top players can pretty much ariel the ball the length of the pitch.

Players breaking the line on a penalty corner will be sent to the halfway line until the corner is over. Very harsh but it will keep the defending team in check.

why am I telling you all this shit?
                                                                                  Two reasons, the first is related to the bold bit - I've been extolling the virtues of the autopass rule to all and sundry for weeks at this stage, two minute and five minute bin cards sound great as well. Always very interested in the ways sports are trying to improve themselves.

I also have a few friends who play at a high level, it's nice to take an interest and stay informed.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                    Two reasons, the first is related to the bold bit - I've been extolling the virtues of the autopass rule to all and sundry for weeks at this stage, two minute and five minute bin cards sound great as well.
                                                                                    don't know if the autopass would translate to other sports but the card system definitely would and should

the great thing about it is that teams tend to self-police now as they know that a serious foul by a player hurts the whole team. Thus it tends to become a non-adversarial relationship with the umpire where both the umpire and the team are actively working to avoid giving\receiving cards. That would be my ideal take on it anyway.

Contrast with the shit that soccer refs have to put up with (and GAA ones to a lesser extent). I think hockey has got it pretty much right and rugby isn't far behind.

Comment

Elaborate? His area?
                                                                                      he was talking about needing to find a new lodger.

Comment

Why? Because he knows he's better than them, the donkament is still very deep and he also knows he can manipulate them.

Wp that man imo

Comment

wrong time of year tbh.
                                                                                          Was looking meself for an apartment but there seems to be a lot less for not a lot cheaper.
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Why? Because he knows he's better than them, the donkament is still very deep and he also knows he can manipulate them.

Wp that man imo
                                                                                            What Finkel said, wrapped up another 60k easily there. Wp

Comment

New moody, gesticulating into thin air, corporate photos in the can. Shame I had to miss Fitz cash game carnage for it where I could have been set mining against drunks!!
                                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Wp that man imo
                                                                                                His initial demands that the russian give up all the money he wants just so he can get 1 million.

Comment

First lecture outta the way. Forgot how hard it was to listen to the sound of my own voice for 50 mins.

Comment

@Keane (you bollix, you have actually got me thinking about this now)

there are actually 4 cards in hockey now imo:

Green - basically a warning, 2 minutes in the bin

5M Yellow - next level of offence up, mainly for technical fouls. 5 minutes in the bin

10M Yellow - 10 minutes in the bin. I'd give this in a situation where player has lost self-control, either physically (bad\dangerous tackle) or verbally (calling me a blind cunt for example )

Red - outta da game

As an umpire, this gives you so much flexibility. When giving a 10M Yellow, I always call the captain over too and calmly explain the reasons for it and tell him to ensure the player doesn't repeat. You usually don't need to explain the reasons for a red!

Comment

Well thats the manual handling course done, another money racket imo! 20 of us in the room @35 smackers a head = 700 quid for 1 and half hours work!

18 males , 2 females . " observe the area, spread your legs , bend your knees, check weight , good grab of box .............lift" Obv in front of 18 men I forgot to spread MY legs " so Michelle what have you forgot to do?" ffs
                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

n/m

Comment

His initial demands that the russian give up all the money he wants just so he can get 1 million.
                                                                                                          They would have give him $1.1m if he had demanded that right away, they all wanted that deal done including himself but he knew he could push harder than the rest.

Comment

Hey, is there anywhere in town similar to the US Chuck E Cheese idea, where you can bring the kid and they can run around playing and causing chaos? Wife at a bit of a loose end with the dodgy weather and associated antsy kid.
                                                                                                            leisure plex, fun factory, gymboree

Comment

They would have give him $1.1m if he had demanded that right away, they all wanted that deal done including himself but he knew he could push harder than the rest.
                                                                                                              I dislike arrogance, you think it's great. Horses for courses.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                                                n/m

Comment

loads of 'em

no need to go into town either, there's one in Westwood in Clontarf which would probably suit you being on the DART and all
                                                                                                                  How old is she? i'd say she's too young for westwood anyhow.

May be too early for her yet, but imaginosity is absolutely brilliant for smallish kids (3-7) and very well done.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                    I posted that up on my facebook a couple days ago, I plan on making it my next tattoo

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                      How old is she? i'd say she's too young for westwood anyhow.

May be too early for her yet, but imaginosity is absolutely brilliant for smallish kids (3-7) and very well done.
                                                                                                                      A friend of mine was telling me about Imaginosity , said its fantastic!
                                                                                                                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KtrC...yer_detailpage
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

I dislike arrogance, you think it's great. Horses for courses.
                                                                                                                        Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                          New moody, gesticulating into thin air, corporate photos in the can. Shame I had to miss Fitz cash game carnage for it where I could have been set mining against drunks!!
                                                                                                                          I heard you did OK out of the night rubbering the lads into paying for your fake cocktails.

Well played.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X